Search results for query: *

• Users: rowyerboat
  • Content: Threads
  • Order by date
  1. Has anything changed with AI army comp?

I haven't played in a couple/few weeks because I can only steamroll AI armies filled with recruits so many times. Has this improved at all?
  2. Sturgian Shock Troop v. Veteran Warrior

Shock Troop's stats are significantly worse across the board...why would I want one? Looks like from the picture they have a polearm of some kind instead of javelins, but similar armor...do they have some kind of hidden advantage to offset the lower skills?
  3. Can someone explain the minor factions?

So obviously there are a ton of minor factions. In my current game, several major states (Vlandia, Sturgia, Aserai, maybe more) are ONLY at war with them, oddly enough. But mainly, I just don't know how they really work. I need some targets, but I can never find these minor faction armies...
  4. Really need global diplomacy report

Unless I'm missing something, there's no way to know who is at war with whom other than your own kingdom (if you're even part of one). This makes strategic planning and all kinds of other things very difficult. We really need this information, especially since wars begin and end so frequently...
  5. Surgeon hasn't gained a single point in medicine skill.

So I recruited a guy at the very beginning of the game (scholar with 120 medicine) and immediately made him my Surgeon. He hasn't gained a single point in Medicine this whole time (main character is level 11, clan level 3). He isn't maxed out. What gives? Similarly odd, but less so, is that...
  6. Not sure I understand weapon damage

Ok, so certain weapons seem to do insane amounts of damage, despite low ratings. The long glaive is the most obvious. It has a Cut rating of like 27; granted that may be for one-handed, and I use it two-handed, but still. When I hit someone with it, it rarely does less than 100 damage, even...
  7. Tips on going independent?

Just hit Clan level 3 and got the 100 men in my force. Found a castle with a weak garrison in the Northern Empire who is getting beat down pretty hard. Nonetheless, in the middle of the siege, up walks an army of 300+. I pretty much expected this, but was hoping I might have enough time to...
  8. Can you lose workshops?

So I had three workshops, and now I have two. No idea what happened. Well, I have a guess. If you have a workshop in a town and your faction goes to war with the owner of that town, do you lose that workshop permanently? I remember in WB you just didn't get income from it while the war was...
  9. What happens to your wife when you leave a kingdom?

Tried to test this and weird stuff ensued. Was married to Liena and a vassal of Vlandia; disavowed my oath to Derthert, encyclopedia says Liena is at my former castle. Ok. I go there, the new owner won't let me in and she is not there anyway. I wander around for a bit, and the encyclopedia...
  10. Guide on troop placement? Hotkeys etc.

Does anyone know of a quick explanation of the mechanics of troop placement? It seems a bit changed from Warband and I can't quite get the hang of it. For example, sometimes if I press 1 and F1 to place infantry, as you move the flag around, the line will rotate. Can you control the rotation...
  11. Can you make caravans worthwhile?

Still learning the game, so it's entirely possible I'm doing something wrong, but my one caravan seems utterly useless so far. It's only bringing in a handful of gold over its expenses, which is chump change compared with how easy it is to get gold from fighting in this game. I'm sitting on...
  12. "Spy Party" quest bug

So I get tips that the spy is not bald and has a beard. The three possible dudes are : bald with beard, bald with beard, and not-bald with no-beard. :(
  13. XP needs substantial boost across the board; characters AND troops

Main character is up to level 12 or 13 after quite a few hours in the campaign; I think this progression could be bumped up a bit for sure. Even worse though, none of my companions have gained a single level that whole time. Not one. This is extra problematic because many of their key skills...
  14. Clan role resetting to "none"

So I have a healing companion who I have made my surgeon, but her role is constantly reverting back to "none." Not sure exactly when it's happening, but very often. Anyone else seeing this?
  15. Anything to do about texture pop-in?

I imagine the answer is "no," but I thought I'd ask. Particularly on characters' clothes/armor when you first interact with an army. It's pretty distracting. FWIW, I'm running a Ryzen 7 2700X, 32 GB RAM and 1070ti.
  16. Companion location reports wrong?

So I'm trying to hunt down some primo companions; using the encyclopedia does seem a bit cheap, but hey, there aren't very many with non-combat skills and the map is big. But I can't even cheat properly! The encyclopedia shows "Gweth the Wanderer" as having been seen at Car Baneth today, but...
  17. No healer companions?

So Google is telling me that healer companions will have the name "Willowbark" or "the Healer." When I search the heroes in the encyclopedia, though, there isn't anyone with either of those names. Were they changed? Or am I the victim of some really unlucky RNG?
  18. Can't load 1.09 save?

The menu gives me a warning that the version doesn't match, I press ok. Then it asks if I want to load a game with mismatched modules (I have never had any mods installed, but I have gotten this message previously after a patch). I press ok again, then the game just does nothing. It doesn't...
  19. Village quests are seriously broken

Ok, loved the first game and this one I'm sure will be great eventually, but good grief, the quests are completely borked. Family feud: can't avoid fight, fight starts, fight ends suddenly, target will only talk about his own quest now, can't complete Family Feud. Train soldiers quest: only...
  20. "Deserter extortion" quest; not sure if working as intended

I am at a bit of a loss with the "Deserter Extortion" quest. I got it from a village extremely early on, when my band consists of 16 green troops and no companions. The deserters are 28 steppe bandits, including 4 cavalry, which seems a bit much for me to handle. The quest says "wait in the...
Back
Top Bottom