Search results for query: *

1. Huge Performance Issues in battles 1.3 beta

Check this out (in my case I had to disable odd-numbered cores, but you can do this while the game is running):

Why would an old warband fix be suddenly needed now on beta 1.3.0? Also I'm not even using an AMD CPU with tons of cores.
  2. Huge Performance Issues in battles 1.3 beta

Played 3 battles so far on 1.3.0 beta. The first two seemed fine, but the third battle became a huge stuttering mess once the armies got close and the fighting started, which stayed until the end of the battle.
  3. Huge Performance Issues in battles 1.3 beta

+1
    My game performance in battle took an absolute nosedive on beta 1.3. Fought a large field battle, and game started stuttering like crazy as soon as the fighting started. Never had a problem like this on any previous version of the game.
  4. Other Lord's parties at "0" (100% wounded)

I've seen that happen when they run out of food and starve (troops slowly become "wounded" when starving), and sometimes they end up getting captured by looters after that, making for some free soldiers to rescue lol.
  5. [e1.2.0] So, the game seems to be completely broken at the moment

1. Agree with this. The nerfs to businesses mainly hurt early/mid-game income, which really just delays how long it takes to get to late-game. It's not going to change gold stacking up late-game because there's nothing to spend it on.
    2. Haven't played enough on the new patch to test this out. I do agree that campaign AI needs some work. I dislike how the main targeting mechanism for sieges is "hey guys that settlement has the smallest garrison let's go there" with no thought given to whether it's even worth taking a castle super far away from friendly lands and then losing it right after.
    3. Yeah I haven't really found myself doing quests, since there's not a whole lot of variety. Hopefully this is something that improves in the long-term as EA progresses.
    4. Basically relying on mods that fix these currently lol. The Community Patch fixes over a dozen broken perks.
    5. War/peace seems to be pretty random at this point, with no underlying reasoning behind it.
    6. Hopefully this is addressed as they add more quests and such to facilitate improving relations. Relation loss from executing lords appears to apply to both clan members and friends of the executed lord, and more often that not, some enemy lords have friends among the ranks of my own faction (especially with clans switching factions as often as they do).
  6. Armor [high and low tier] is irrelevant - it needs to offer % based dmg mitigation, rather than just subtracting from dmg dealt

The way armor factors into damage could definitely use a balancing pass, however I don't believe straight up changing it to a %-based system would necessarily fix it. Flat damage reduction works incredibly well against frequent weak attacks but not so much against a single powerful attack, which I think makes sense for how armor should function. Maybe they could adjust the way damage types pierce armor?
  7. POLL: Passive Income - How good should it be?

Agree with a lot of the points here - including that too much passive income isn't the main cause of late-game piles of denars. Ideally we would have more features late-game that would serve as some sort of gold sink as well as enrich the game (things like Pendor's knighthood orders for example), but of course this would have to be a more long-term goal as the game develops. However, nerfing businesses into the ground now isn't really the solution.
  8. I like the new more realistic economy

-1 as well here.
    They're putting way too much emphasis on "make player have less money" with the recent patches to the detriment of gameplay. From my perspective, the main issue was gold piling up lategame due to a lack of availability of anything to spend it on. The nerfs to player income mainly serve to hurt the player's coffers in the early-mid game, which weren't overly abundant in the first place.
  9. Please Change How You Gain Leadership

The skill feels like it levels up decently fast when you're a vassal/king and leading armies. But I rarely find myself even gaining a single point when I'm independent/merc.
  10. What the F happened with this patch?!

Upfront: I think you're right. Not arguing that point.

But to take it a step further...the question becomes why do they want to curtail player income?

I think we all can readily see that it's pretty easy to make money in BL, at least beyond the very earliest stage. But so what? I haven't felt that made it too easy to gear up self/companions or build up a powerful party. HIgh-end gear (especially body armor) is limited primarily by scarcity rather than price. It's pretty easy to find and buy "good" gear (if needed at all; much of it comes from loot/tourneys anyway), but rare to find "great" gear, whether affordable or not. Sure, I eventually get there, but it still takes time. Likewise, money-wise I can easily afford a full party of 100+ Banner Knights and/or Fian Champions supported with, say, Vland Sergeants and Imp Legionaries, but that likewise takes a long time to recruit/promote; recruitment costs & wages aren't the primary barrier here either. Finally, the biggest issues in standing up a viable fief don't have to do with money, but rather the time it takes to build up walls/improvements (even if cash-boosted) & militia, and coming up with enough troops to man a decent garrison without gutting own party.

So, okay, it's "too" easy to make money...but money isn't the limiting factor in most of the goals a player pursues anyway. Just feels like they're trying to fix a "problem" that isn't really much of a problem in the first place...at least in the current state of the game.

This is a really good point. I remember a campaign where I was sitting on 1m+ denars, but the barrier to maintaining an elite party was more so finding noble recruits and promoting them rather than the costs. The "too much money lategame" problem is much more from the lack of finding anything to spend it on.
  11. Caravans are too weak

Caravans used to be the easy mode button even if you did it in a brain dead way. Now you have to actually do some thinking, make good decisions and engage in gameplay mechanics to get good returns out of them, if you want old caravans back just enable cheats and give yourself infinite money, it's the same game for you than what it was before then.

How exactly do you intend to "make good decisions and engage in gameplay mechanics" to make the new caravans worthwhile? It's not like you can give them instructions to have them play safer. And if you have to constantly follow them around and defend them yourself, aren't they just not worth the effort at that point? They already cost a companion per caravan away from your party.
  12. What the F happened with this patch?!

I think they are trying to reign in player money snowballing.

I used caravans alot, atleast 2 at a time, and each one made me 1.5k+ income after their first week.It made it WAY to easy to gain money. i had so much i had no idea what to do with it all besides dump it into towns to speed up buildings.while im upset they made them easy to attack. I think a nerf is needed .. just not so much of a heavy handed one, make caravans earn less or have more upkeep. but not make it easier for bandits and armies to attack them

While I agree that we end up too much money and nothing to do with it late-gate, my experience has been that looting enemy lord armies - not passive income - is the main factor in snowballing my player gold. So I don't think the nerfs are going to the right places.
  13. Done with Beta thread..

Aye , "stable version" only way to go as at least mods still work.

Actually, I figured out a lot of it was my updated mods conflicting with other mods - because when I reverted to "stable" I was still crashing lol. Got everything running on 1.2.0 beta now, although a few mod features have definitely been broken.

Anyhow no point in going back to stable at this point since this particular change is across all current versions lol.
  14. Done with Beta thread..

They just released a new beta 1.2.0 branch (which broke a whole bunch of my mods sadly).

However this morning I already got the caravan changes with 1.1.0, which is now the "stable" version.
  15. Done with Beta thread..

Don't blame you there and this was done with their other beta test server before releasing it to everyone who didn't opt in. I guess those testers were ok with it among other changes.

It actually seems to be a new thing they added today. I was on 1.1.0 beta the entire time and then this showed up today as a new change bundled in with them merging beta to live.
  16. Caravan Deserters

It's frustrating that they continue to nerf workshops and caravans when it's already far more profitable to just wipe enemy war parties and sell the obscenely high-priced mid to high tier equipment.
  17. party companion is constantly suiciding.

Yeah I just spawn them with no troops and immediately respawn them without even finding them if they get captured, which is fairly often.

I just installed a mod that lets you give allied parties more detailed instructions though, so we'll see how that goes.
  18. Are Workshops even worth it? (Response to pottery nerf)

To me it already felt like loot was what made me truly rich (and one of my mods actually decreases the prices of gear compared to vanilla, so I'd assume loot would sell for even more without it). And this is without any rogue companions with the increased loot perk in my party or any investment in roguery myself too. Caravans mostly just offset the wages of my own and my clan member parties.

There's definitely still a lot of economy balancing work to be done.
  19. YOU RUINED THE STYLE

No, they change the faces. Was great before.
    Some fools complained about the style and they said that they were going to remove the exaggerated facial features and make them more "ethnic". In today's update they did.

IMO, the complaints were completely valid and not just made by "fools". I do, however, agree that making everyone look the same isn't the solution either. My guess is that they're doing this by restricting the allowed variation on the sliders when NPC faces are generated, and there needs to be a balance between too wide and too strict.
  20. There is NO successful siege defense

If you have huge army with you sitting in the castle, then that's reasonable thing to do for the AI. You do the same thing. However if you have small force and enemy have sufficient advantage, then they will siege you.

That I can agree with, but I can't see how to change it without making enemy lords suicidal and their AI stupid. Why would lord sit in a castle that he have insufficient men to defend? And I prefer that enemy AI does behave rationally rather then me just having fun whacking their stupid heads around. It's no fun beating stupid inferior enemy. There's no challenge in the fight and no satisfaction in such a victory.

While I agree that the AI is trying to be smart in avoiding attacking strong defenses, the issue is that if you play optimally as a player, you will generally never have a chance to play on the siege maps on the defending side (outside of custom battle lol). The player has to make an intentionally poor decision to either sit in the castle with no troops, or sacrifice troops to enter to even experience this aspect of gameplay.
Back
Top Bottom