Search results for query: *

• Users: Effidian
  • Content: Threads
  • Order by date
  1. Editing Tools

For Mods and Modding Tutorials look at this thread. For other general mod making questions, see this thread in the Mod Discussion forum. Modding Tools Official Module System - A set of Python scripts you can use to create a module.  You may find a text editor shuch as Notepad++ handy for...
  2. Working with and/or Understanding the Editor Source Code

Since I've recently been offered some help with adding features to the editor, I decided to start this topic so that if others wanted to figure out things in the editor source code I could just point them here. The main editor thread lists the tools you'll need and links on where to get the...
  3. [Outdated] BETA RELEASE: 0.730 compatible Unofficial Editor(0.400 BETA)

BETA IS OVER THIS IS A BETA RELEASE. PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE MESSAGE BEFORE YOU USE THIS. Alright, you've had sufficient warning. If you mess something up and then complain about it, you'll have zero sympathy from me. Backup your module before using the beta editor. The purpose of this...
  4. What do you use the Unofficial Editor for?

I'd like to get a feeling for what people are using the editor for. I'm losing my motivation for maintaing it, and if not many people are using it or aren't using parts of it, then I'd like to know so I can either stop or refine it to be easier to maintain. Comments about how you use it are...
  5. Unofficial Editor & M&B 0.710

So it doesn't work. Unfortunately, I'm in the middle of a big change to get delete working properly, so it is going to take me a couple days to get a version up to support 0.710. I think the only problem is that the brf parser I was using in the editor wasn't good enough to parse all the...
  6. More modular for modding purposes

One problem I think we are going to run into is multiple mods modifying the same common resources. To make this less likely to happen, it would be nice if all the resources were specified in module_info.txt. The Native module_info.txt could point to all the existsing resources (CommonRes...
  7. Mod Merge/Diff Tool

Okay, so I've started with functionality to merge 2 different mods. Here is how I'm thinking it would work. Let me know what you think. 1. Merge: Takes 2 mods and merges them into a single mod. Various options are available during the merge process (always take new records, always take...
  8. Shared brf library

The BRF library is a C++ lib that reads and writes BRF files. There is no graphic components. It is meant to be used by anyone wanting to write an editor that needs information from the BRFs or writing BRFs. Source for the BRF library is available via 2 methods, a zip file is updated every...
  9. New or modified meshes

I'm not sure what the status of this is, but has anyone tried using the "load_resource" line in module_info.txt? Assuming that works to load a module's specific resources, it would be a good idea to have each mod create additional .brf files for the specific mod instead of modifying the...
  10. Unofficial Editor & Mag7 problems

For all of you that have mentioned this issue. 0.201 will load them, but won't allow you to save. When you load, you'll get a dialog listing the errors that are encountered while loading the module. These will need to get fixed before you can modify Mag7.
  11. [Outdated] Unofficial Mount & Blade Editor (0.403b - for 0.750)

The Unofficial Mount & Blade Editor allows you to modify the .txt files that are used by Mount & Blade to describe many of the in game elements (items, troops, parties, etc).  It is different than the official Module System because it has a graphical user interface and it modifies the .txt files...
  12. Faction Relations and Module System Docs

In module_factions.py it says that the faction relation should be between -1 and 1. However, the khergits have "("player_faction",-30.0)". Is that -30.0 a mistake?
  13. Mod support suggestions

Okay, this could go in the Suggestion forum I suppose, but it matches here as well. How about we try getting together a list of things we'd like to see for mod support. This is not suggestions for mods, but suggestions for support that we'd like to see in order to make mods. I'll list a...
  14. Sticky cleanup

I'd like to suggest that we have a few less sticky threads. Since n00854180t was kind enough to compile a list, I'm voting that we remove everything except for the compilation. So I suggest removing the following: Troops.txt, Troops and their 0 based index number Shininess Fixing Tutorial Mod...
  15. [Outdated] Unofficial Mount & Blade Editor (original thread)

New thread.
  16. Mod info: triggers.txt

Taken almost directly from Vinz Klortho's post in the Tougher Troops thread. 1.000000 0.000000 168.000000 1 11 33554578 2 1 20015 33554609 33554704 We already know that there's three sections: timing, conditions, actions. 1.000000 = check interval 0.000000 = delay interval 168.000000 = rearm...
  17. Mod info: conversation.txt

FYI: Just in case anyone thinks I figured all these things out, please check the Attackable Peasants thread. Several people have been key in interpreting this stuff. 93 24 2 1 33554719 0 2 33554720 0 You_..._job. 25 3 10064 100 0 10281 12 0 20029 33554720 1 93 = speaker id (see below) 24 =...
  18. Mod info: party_templates.txt

dark_hunters 2 5 139 71 4 42 0 72 13 25 0 -1 -1 -1 -1 dark_hunters = name of group 2 = ? 5 = faction (index in factions.txt) 139 = ? 71 = index in troops.txt of unit (72nd unit is dark_knight) 4 = minimum number in group 42 = maximum number in group 0 = delimiter it seems, there is always a 0...
  19. Mod info: troops.txt

Since we have our own forum now and this file is getting asked about more and more, I figured I'd separate the info from the attackable peasants thread for easy reference. Here is a complete entry from troops.txt: borcha Borcha Borcha 528 393304 0 1 52 0 43 0 37 0 40 0 -1 0 -1 0 .... 7 13...
  20. Mod info: towns.txt

zendar zendar 16 3 2.440000 46.260000 19 2 29 0.700000 21 1.400000 1 19 Enter_town zendar = name zendar = text 16 = flags (bit 0 = hidden, bit 4 = go directly to default location) 3 = faction (index in factions.txt) 2.440000 = x coordinate 46.260000 = y coordinate 19 = default location (index...
Back
Top Bottom