Search results for query: *

1. [Outdated] Unofficial Mount & Blade Editor (0.403b - for 0.750)

I'm afraid I will not be maintaining the editor.  So unless someone else wants to pick it up and maintain it, it is no longer supported.
  2. [Outdated] Unofficial Mount & Blade Editor (0.403b - for 0.750)

Thorgrim, now that you are a moderator you should be able to just edit the original post to point to the new version.  I won't make any changes to the code without talking to you first, so do with it what you will.

Thanks and good luck.
  3. [Outdated] Unofficial Mount & Blade Editor (0.403b - for 0.750)

Thanks Thorgrim.  How about starting a new post with your version of the editor and I'll lock this post?  Or better yet, make you a moderator and you can edit the thread as you need to. 

I'm afraid I've just stopped enjoying updating the editor, and once it becomes like a job I don't get paid for, then it is time for me to quit. 
  4. [Outdated] Unofficial Mount & Blade Editor (0.403b - for 0.750)

I'll see about udpating it at some point.  Might not be anytime soon though.

If anyone wants to pick up the tool to maintain and enhance it, that would be great. 
  5. Unofficial Editor error: what does it mean?

Lu Bu said:
    Jep the error is there when you EDIT anything in conversation.txt Before editing you can open it without a problem.

Yikes.  That sounds bad.  I'll take a look.
  6. [Outdated] Unofficial Editor Documentation

roberknight said:
    Sorry but I just can't find out how to edit the city values (names and places) can anybody help please? Thank you already.

Cities are actually Parties.  Look on the Party page for the cities you wish to change.
  7. Unofficial Editor error: what does it mean?

Simetrical said:

You seem to have found the problem.  However, when I look in the conversation.txt for the StoryMod I have, there are no lines with troop # 430.  Which of course means I don't have the problem.  Try refetching StoryMod I guess.
  8. Unofficial Editor error: what does it mean?

It means that conversations at index 687, 689, etc are referencing a troop at index 430, which doesn't exist.

Indexes are used when loading the records from the .txt files.  They are 0 based so the first record is index 0, the next is index 1, and so on.
  9. Unofficial Editor error: what does it mean?

You get this with the current StoryMod and the current editor?

I've tried it and it works fine for me.
  10. Suggestion for UE.

Locust said:
    Awesome, you rock. :razz:

Hehe, well wait until I implement it before you say that. :smile:  That list has got some old items on it.
  11. Suggestion for UE.

Yes it would.  This would also work well with the suggested global find a replace feature.  I'll add it to the list.
  12. [Outdated] Unofficial Mount & Blade Editor (0.403b - for 0.750)

0.403:
    * Add more specific labels to some of the item attributes.
    * Disable requirement field for ammo and goods.
    * Don't allow adding duplicate variables or dialog states.
    * Fix the problem where you could get an error opening a module after a module was already open.
  13. Unofficial editor, small misleadings.

Ok. Do you know if that is used for bows as well?
  14. The Last Days v2.4 (for .808) ---Next Release Date Unknown!

FYI, I loaded Last Days in the unofficial editor and it has a couple issues.

1. The one that really makes it so the editor can't open it is that the trp_uruk_hai_of_isengard has a faction number of 1048591. Which is invalid. This disrupts the loading of the troop file and causes numerous problems.

2. There are two or three meshes with the name "falchion".

3. There are two scenes with the id "scn_tulga_center".

4. There are two strings with the id "follow_orders_end".

Really the critical one is #1, but #2 will also cause it not to save.

Just in case you want to make it compatible with the editor.
  15. Editor Problems

I loaded LastDays and yes it does have a couple issues.

1. The one that really makes it so the editor can't open it is that the trp_uruk_hai_of_isengard has a faction number of 1048591. Which is invalid. This disrupts the loading of the troop file and causes numerous problems.

2. There are two or three meshes with the name "falchion".

3. There are two scenes with the id "scn_tulga_center".

4. There are two strings with the id "follow_orders_end".

Really the critical one is #1, but #2 will also cause it not to save. I probably need to change #2 to be not critical.

Actually, I'll post this in the Last Days thread and he can fix it if he feels like it.
  16. editing tools

I'll just make a quick comment here.

I would pass on VB.NET at this time. Either C# or Java aren't that much more difficult than VB.NET now.

Honestly, I would even try managed C++. It is *not* C++ and has removed most of the stuff that gets you into trouble. I'm not even sure why they need C# now. Just download some of the Express versions of Visual Studio and play around, with them being free it makes it easy to try some things out.
  17. Unofficial editor, small misleadings.

The labels in the editor mostly mirror the labels in the Python scripts. I do this so that when documentation is provided for the attributes in the Python scripts it will be clear what it is in the editor. This would apply to things like Unique and Quantity.

One of the things I'd like to do is have an XML file that has descriptions for the various attributes. We could then update the XML file whenever someone figures out exactly what the attribute does and it would show up as a tooltip when you hover your mouse over the label. Then we could put info like what you've figured out in.

At least that has been the intentions up to this point. I'll will apply several of your suggestions to the next release.

Also the "Leg Armor" label for pistols is already "Accuracy".
  18. Simple NPC talk question.

You might also use the "Insert" command to insert the conversation right where you want instead of adding and having to move it up.
  19. Suggestion for Modders

One problem is that not every version of M&B requires the mod to change. So mods that work with M&B 0.730 also work in 0.731 (and probably will work in 0.73x although that isn't guaranteed).

You could try doing 0.73x.3 or whatever, but since there are no guarantees that a mod wouldn't have to change on a small update, then that has its own problems.

Its a good idea, and it might clear up some confusion, but it also might create its own set of confusion.
  20. Editor Problems

I've tried the latest version of Storymod and haven't had a problem with it. I have not tried the other mods. I'll see about loading them up and seeing what the problems are.
Back
Top Bottom