Search results for query: *

1. ashleym26

SP Dark Ages Age of Arthur 1.0

AGE OF ARTHUR 1.0 Welcome to Age of Arthur!! Set in the time of the Dark Ages, this mod hopes to encompass the right balance of historical fact and light fantasy. Journey 150 years before the events of Brytenwalda, a time when Saxon hordes have recently arrived in England. See a world lost...
  2. ashleym26

Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

kalarhan said:
    Leonion said:
    Lady Ashwood said:
    Hi all, just a quick question... I've recently removed prisoner management skill from game and made the script work with party size rather then skill similar to vc, however in my party window screen it still tells the player they "need to learn prisoner management skill in order to take prisoners" does anyone know where to remove this text from appearing in game?
    {modulename}/languages/English/ui

ui_need_to_learn_prisoner_management|You need to learn Prisoner Management skill in order to take prisoners.

like @leonion showed above it is on your language folder. Remember to apply this change to all your supported languages (English, Spanish, etc).

When looking for a UI text: if its a hardcoded screen like inventory, party management, ... you should look there, not on modsys.

wow thank you both, that fixed it!! Have a great night.
  3. ashleym26

module_strings maybe ?

Nope I thought that too, but I'd checked the whole script...I've searched everywhere for prisoner management, or the whole message text and can't find it anywhere  :sad:
  4. ashleym26

Hi all, just a quick question... I've recently removed prisoner management skill from game and made the script work with party size rather then skill similar to vc, however in my party window screen it still tells the player they "need to learn prisoner management skill in order to take prisoners" does anyone know where to remove this text from appearing in game? 
  5. ashleym26

OSP Shaders Grandmasters Shaders - Basic Seasons & Wind effects (Version 1.0 RELEASED)

That's the "missing texture" texture. Make sure your texture is defined in apthe same .brf file

to add to what jacobhinds said (his is the quick and easy solution); load order matters! if a texture is loaded after the material in module.ini, the game will assign the "missing texture" texture. i think it's better practice to have all textures in one or two brfs rather than in brfs with materials and meshes, so you can load these texture-only brfs first in the load order, then materials, then meshes, otherwise you run the risk of calling textures that are loaded much later without realising it.

wow thank you both, I didn't know the material had to be in the same brfs file, or that module.ini load order mattered.  I had it set-up with tree meshes in one brf, grass meshes in another brf, and all the materials and textures together in a separate materials brf.  I will try moving the materials/textures over to the same brf file as the meshes and see if this works. ... or maybe would just moving the load order in the modular.ini to load materials before meshes work too? will try both. thanks again. 
  6. ashleym26

OSP Shaders Grandmasters Shaders - Basic Seasons & Wind effects (Version 1.0 RELEASED)

anyone else having issues getting the ground textures to work? I have it looking cool before the shader kicks in, but after the ground looks like this...

before shader....
    vZow6Z.jpg

after shader....
    hHWaDN.jpg

I've followed the directions and have winter ground flora, but it doesn't seeem to work.... funny the trees work fine just not the ground.
  7. ashleym26

OSP Code QoL [WB] Merchant's Trade Ledger

Thank you, great work!!  :party:
  8. ashleym26

Hi there, has anyone here tried putting VC code into Floris? I'm building a new mod and when I tried to change troop trees and requirement based off culture rather then kingdom, it bugs out and all the lord's troops eventually disappear until they're a party of one. Very frustrating lol....

first I changed the cultures....
    Code:
     module factions. 
    ("culture_1",  "culture_1", 0, 0.9, [], []),  
      ("culture_britton",  "Brittonic", 0, 0.9, [], []),
      ("culture_britton_rom",  "Britton Romano", 0, 0.9, [], []),
      ("culture_north_britton",  "Northern Briton", 0, 0.9, [], []),
      ("culture_angles",  "Angle", 0, 0.9, [], []),
      ("culture_jutes",  "Jutes", 0, 0.9, [], []),
      ("culture_saxons",  "Saxon", 0, 0.9, [], []), 
      ("culture_7",  "{!}culture_7", 0, 0.9, [], []), # players culture set, 
      ("culture_pics",  "Pictish", 0, 0.9, [], []),
      ("culture_scotti",  "Scotti", 0, 0.9, [], []),
      ("culture_irish",  "Goidelic", 0, 0.9, [], []),
      ("culture_franks",  "Frank", 0, 0.9, [], []),
      ("cultures_end","{!}cultures_end", 0, 0,[], []),

then I added them to scrips...

Code:
    module scrips

# Cultures: 1
    		  (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_britton",  slot_faction_tier_1_troop, "trp_britton_e_peasant"),
    		  (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_britton",  slot_faction_tier_2_troop, "trp_britton_e_militia"),
    		  (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_britton",  slot_faction_tier_3_troop, "trp_britton_e_footmen"),
    		  (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_britton",  slot_faction_tier_4_troop, "trp_britton_e_archer"),
    		  (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_britton",  slot_faction_tier_5_troop, "trp_britton_e_horsemen"),
    		  (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_britton",  slot_faction_tier_6_troop, "trp_britton_e_knight"),
    		  (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_britton",  slot_faction_tier_7_troop, "trp_britton_e_guard"),
    #(etc)...

and here....

Code:
          (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_britton", slot_faction_town_walker_male_troop, "trp_swadian_town_walker_m_average"),
          (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_britton", slot_faction_town_walker_female_troop, "trp_swadian_town_walker_f_average"),
          (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_britton", slot_faction_village_walker_male_troop, "trp_swadian_village_walker_m_average"),
          (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_britton", slot_faction_village_walker_female_troop, "trp_swadian_village_walker_f_average"),
          (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_britton", slot_faction_town_spy_male_troop, "trp_swadian_spy_walker_1"),
          (faction_set_slot, "fac_culture_britton", slot_faction_town_spy_female_troop, "trp_swadian_spy_walker_2"),

and here...

Code:
     (faction_set_slot, "fac_kingdom_1",  slot_faction_culture, "fac_culture_britton"),
          (faction_set_slot, "fac_kingdom_1",  slot_faction_leader, "trp_kingdom_1_lord"),
          (troop_set_slot, "trp_kingdom_1_lord", slot_troop_renown, 1200),

and here...

Code:
     (try_for_range, ":faction_no", kingdoms_begin, kingdoms_end),
             (faction_get_slot, ":culture", ":faction_no", slot_faction_culture),

(faction_get_slot, ":troop", ":culture",  slot_faction_tier_1_troop),
             (faction_set_slot, ":faction_no",  slot_faction_tier_1_troop, ":troop"),
             (faction_get_slot, ":troop", ":culture",  slot_faction_tier_2_troop),
             (faction_set_slot, ":faction_no",  slot_faction_tier_2_troop, ":troop"),
             (faction_get_slot, ":troop", ":culture",  slot_faction_tier_3_troop),
             (faction_set_slot, ":faction_no",  slot_faction_tier_3_troop, ":troop"),
             (faction_get_slot, ":troop", ":culture",  slot_faction_tier_4_troop),
             (faction_set_slot, ":faction_no",  slot_faction_tier_4_troop, ":troop"),
             (faction_get_slot, ":troop", ":culture",  slot_faction_tier_5_troop),
             (faction_set_slot, ":faction_no",  slot_faction_tier_5_troop, ":troop"),

(try_begin),
              (faction_slot_eq, ":faction_no", slot_faction_culture, "fac_culture_britton"),

(faction_set_slot, ":faction_no",  slot_faction_deserter_troop, "trp_britton_deserter"),
              (faction_set_slot, ":faction_no",  slot_faction_guard_troop, "trp_britton_guard"),
              (faction_set_slot, ":faction_no",  slot_faction_messenger_troop, "trp_britton_messenger"),
              (faction_set_slot, ":faction_no",  slot_faction_prison_guard_troop, "trp_britton_prison_guard"),
              (faction_set_slot, ":faction_no",  slot_faction_castle_guard_troop, "trp_britton_castle_guard"),
              (faction_set_slot, ":faction_no",  slot_faction_reinforcements_a, "pt_britton_reinforcements_a"),
              (faction_set_slot, ":faction_no",  slot_faction_reinforcements_b, "pt_britton_reinforcements_b"),
              (faction_set_slot, ":faction_no",  slot_faction_reinforcements_c, "pt_britton_reinforcements_c"),
              (faction_set_slot, ":faction_no",  slot_faction_reinforcements_d, "pt_britton_reinforcements_d"),
              (faction_set_slot, ":faction_no",  slot_faction_reinforcements_e, "pt_britton_reinforcements_e"),
              (faction_set_slot, ":faction_no",  slot_faction_reinforcements_f, "pt_britton_reinforcements_f"),

and party temples....

Code:
    ("britton_reinforcements_a"	,"{!}britton_reinforcements_a"		,0																									,0		,fac_commoners		,0								,[(trp_mercenary_n_farmer,0,5),(trp_britton_e_peasant,5,13),(trp_britton_e_militia,1,3),(trp_britton_e_militia,1,3),(trp_britton_e_page,0,2),(trp_britton_e_archer_militia,0,2)]),
    	("britton_reinforcements_b"	,"{!}britton_reinforcements_b"		,0																									,0		,fac_commoners		,0								,[(trp_mercenary_n_townsman,0,5),(trp_britton_n_peasant,5,13),(trp_britton_n_militia,1,3),(trp_britton_n_militia,1,3),(trp_britton_n_page,0,2),(trp_britton_n_archer_militia,0,2)]),
    	("britton_reinforcements_c"	,"{!}britton_reinforcements_c"		,0																									,0		,fac_commoners		,0								,[(trp_woman_n_huntress,0,1),(trp_britton_n_page,1,2),(trp_britton_n_page,1,2),(trp_britton_n_ecuyer,0,1),(trp_britton_n_ecuyer,0,1),(trp_britton_n_chevalier,0,1)]),
    	("britton_reinforcements_d"	,"{!}britton_reinforcements_d"		,0																									,0		,fac_commoners		,0								,[(trp_mercenary_n_armbrust_soldner,0,1),(trp_britton_n_archer_militia,1,2),(trp_britton_n_longbowman,1,2),(trp_britton_n_longbowman,0,1),(trp_britton_n_jock,0,1),(trp_britton_n_selfbow_archer,0,1)]),
    	("britton_reinforcements_e"	,"{!}britton_reinforcements_e"		,0																									,0		,fac_commoners		,0								,[(trp_mercenary_n_ritter,0,1),(trp_britton_n_page,1,2),(trp_britton_n_jacobite,1,2),(trp_britton_n_jacobite,0,1),(trp_britton_n_jock,0,1),(trp_britton_n_jock,0,1)]),
    	("britton_reinforcements_f"	,"{!}britton_reinforcements_f"		,0																									,0		,fac_commoners		,0								,[(trp_britton_e_horsemen,1,3),(trp_britton_e_archer,1,3),(trp_britton_e_knight,1,2),(trp_britton_e_archer,0,2),(trp_britton_n_chevalier,0,1),(trp_britton_e_guard,0,1)]),

am I missing something?? I'm thinking bug might be related to Floris's MTT scrips, but trying to remove this feature hasn't gone well.

any thoughts or tutorials out there about this issue, or removing Floris's MTT scripts from game?  Or is it something else entirely I'm missing? thanks for any advice...
  9. ashleym26

Brytenwalda Module system and resources.

gdwitt said:
    I would ask Idibil or PM some of the guys on the VC dev team.
    I got my version from a link on moddb that is no longer existent.
    I have a version on my old computer I believe.
    You'd be better off doing a Viking Conquest or BW Reworked submod however since the old code was very difficult to navigate.

Hi, thanks!! I did google / forum search for the VC module system too, but couldn't find a download link for that either. Would Idibil be the one to ask for that too?

thanks again for getting back to me.  :party: 
  10. ashleym26

Brytenwalda Module system and resources.

Hi, so I followed the link on the first page, put it takes me to the Brytenwalda studio website and I can't see where you download the Module System.... am I just blind, or did the link get changed? Is the module system still available for download somewhere else? Cheers, 
Back
Top Bottom