Search results for query: *

• Users: Yaver
  • Order by date
  1. SP CKOs and The Snake Cult hideout

You don't need to join your CKO in order to make it and train their members. The standard play is to conquer the Snake Cult Stronghold with an existing order you join (can't do that with your CKO legitly anyways), and have your CKO created at any point before or after that.
    Ok, that is the important thing. It is what I figured given that certain CKO items can only be gotten at the stronghold so it would be a paradox if unlocking them meant closing off the CKO option altogether
  2. SP CKOs and The Snake Cult hideout

Without cheating, is it possible to access both the Snake Cult hideout and have a CKO via joining a normal order completing its questline to get the stronghold and then resign to be able to make the CKO? I do know there is a strong resignation penalty and I can tank that.
  3. Resolved 1.2-1.3 crash on launch

This began in 1.2 but I'm still getting it in 1.3. I'm getting a crash on start-up. I uninstalled all mods and verified integrity of game files in Steam, neither worked. Should I re-install or is their something else?
    Another thing. The crashes began when I changed about my mod list to create a new playthrough. I thought it was a mod problem, but then I removed the mods, verified the files, and got the 1.3 update with no change, so I'm not sure.
  4. Resolved 1.2-1.3 crash on launch

This began in 1.2 but I'm still getting it in 1.3. I'm getting a crash on start-up. I uninstalled all mods and verified integrity of game files in Steam, neither worked. Should I re-install or is their something else?
  5. SP Fantasy [WB] Denestria

[Bcw]Btm_Earendil said:
    I can recommend you to start easy with modding otherwise you will get quickly frustrated. Set for yourself little goals like renaming troop units and factions and then slowly move forward, you will get a feeling how it works like.

This is the guide with which I started modding, I can recommend it:
    https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,240255.0.html

The Forge is the place which will be like your second home then:
    https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,64.0.html
    You will find there documentations and tutorials, OSP ressources (assets which you can use under specific conditions), Open Source Codes and the Q&A thread in which you should ask your questions (in the hope that you won't start a new thread everytime for them^^):
    https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,6575.0.html

Have fun at modding!

I have Morgh's editor and have the hang of it. I'm more concerned about map building, settlement placing, and, especially, model building for buildings and equipment. What software or tools do you recommend for models?
  6. Discussion + Suggestions

Bring in weapons and armor from unrepresented cultures like the Indians, Ancient Greeks, or Celts and make them available for custom troops as well as for personal use either via Mystic Merchant or three wandering tavern NPCs: foreign weapon merchant, foreign armor merchant, and foreign horse merchant.
  7. SP Fantasy [WB] Denestria

I've got a total conversion mod idea for Warband I call Denestria that I'm starting to put to paper. Below is what I've got so far and I wonder if I've got something good going here. What do you think? Mostly looking for encouragement, because I've got a ways to go before this is complete and I...
  8. Custom Troops Discussion

I get what they're doing with the  limitations, but c'mon these hired troops are essentially the equivalent of CKO in Pendor. Make the limits a toggleable option so that if the player want's the challenge they have it or if they want a Perisno Twilight Knight with a wage of 1500, they can have that too.
  9. Post ideas of factions here

Faction Name:
    Campian Kreteros
    Faction Leader (and some, but not all, lords):
    Vasileus Akakios Campio
    Vasileus Emeritus Zackarias Campio
    Lord Petros (notable because he has masterwork and lordly gear, Lord of Petra Castle)
    Lord Kyllyrios (Lord of Kyllyria)
    Faction Troops:
    Heavy Greek influence with emphasis on infantry, especially spearmen
    T1
    Kreteroan peasant
    T2
    Kreteroan militia (militia hoplite with spear, hoplon, helmet, but similar clothes and footwear as peasant)
    Kreteroan skirmisher (peasant but with javelins, archer class)
    T3
    Kreteroan pikeman (Sarrissa pike is used by all pikemen, medium armor for this unit)
    Kreteroan hoplite (Spear and hoplon, medium armor)
    Kreteroan peltast (medium armored javelinman with sword and hoplon, infantry class, peltasts fight like Legionaries)
    Kreteroan Archer (light cloth armor like the peasant, bow, 2 sets of arrows, and a short sword
    T4
    Kreteroan veteran pikemen
    Kreteroan veteran hoplite
    Kreteroan citizen cavalry (medium lancer, offshoots from hoplite)
    Kreteroan veteran peltast
    Kreteroan Tarantine cavalry (medium javcav, offshoots from peltast)
    Kreteroan veteran archer (medium armor, still only one handed weapon w/ no shield)
    Kreteroan skythikon (medium mounted archer with sword and shield for melee)
    T5
    Kreteroan Elite pikemen
    Kreteroan elite hoplite
    Kreteroan elite peltast
    T6
    Kreteroan Royal hoplite
    Noble troops
    T1
    Kreteroan Noble hoplite
    T2
    Kreteroan Kataphractoi (heavy lancer)
    Kreteroan veteran Noble hoplite
    Household troops
    Campian Household Guard (Hoplite)(Vasileus Akakios Campio, Vasileus Emeritus Zackarias Campio)
    Hoplite of the sacred forge (armor and hoplon is fire-like in color, red orange, black, etc.)(Lord Petros)
    Kyllyrian peltasts (Lord Kyllyrios)
    Elintorioroi (Heavy horse archers with Elvish influence notable in their armor)
    Nox Peltasts.(Elite heavy infantry with solid black armor including a solid black hoplon, armed with Nox assassination daggers instead of javelins, high athletics)
    Bronze Shield Hoplites
    General Info & Lore:
    IRL I get the name from Kampe the Greek dragon and the island of Crete.

The Campian Kreteros is located on a series of volcanic islands known collectively as Kreteros south of Elintor. Divided by sea and mountains, Kreteroans have had little need for cavalry, and archers served as a reserve unit for lightly trained peasants. The internal history of Kreteros is long and bloody with the hoplites of various city states constantly clashing. Only ever uniting to face a foreign threat like Elintor. This only ended about 10 years before the player enters the game when Zackarias of the city of Campian concluded the lifelong quest of uniting the Kreteroan people for the first time since the fall of the Pratikian Kreteros some time before the ancient kingdom of Perisno arose. Around 5 years before the player enters, the newly crowed Vasileus Zackarias realizes he is getting too old for the duties of the throne, so he abdicates the throne and his position as head of the Campian household to his son Akakios. Since then he resides in nearby Fanis Castle with his wife. He continues to aid his son as a general. Akakios, meanwhile, has made no secret of his intent to wield the strength of the Kreteroans against the powers of Perisno, posing an immediate danger to the Elintorans, Falconians, and later the Zann. Trade with Perisno  has allowed for improvement in Kretenoan cavalry among other things.

The capital is Campian, it is one of the farthest fortified settlements from the mainland . Having its back to the sea gave Zackarias an advantage during his early conquests. By contrast, the town of Kyllyria, is much closer to the mainland. Its peltasts are particularly elite. Due to the similarity of fighting styles, some scholars wonder if the Venetorans are an offshoot of Kyllyrians, but there is nothing to support this theory beyond that. Other settlements of note are the town of Macris, Petra Castle (near a particularly large volcano, Fanis Castle (near Campian), Kallas Castle, Aggelos Castle, Kanas Castle, and Hanas Castle. One village of note is Tarentos, where Tarentine cavalry were conceived.

Quest- The Sacred Forge
    One thing the player will notice early on about metallic Kreteroan weapons and armor is that they are cheap to the point of being a steal. Somewhere in Perisno is an NPC who claims the existence of a great forge in Kreteros known as the Sacred Forge, home to master weaponsmiths and armorers that can make or improve any piece of equipment. The search eventually leads the player to Lord Petros, who makes it clear that the location of the forge is not something he just entrusts to anyone, as it is his family's ancient duty to safeguard the forge. The player has to improve their relation with Lord Petros to at least 50 before he gives you a quest to deal with a marauding band of Elintoran nobles patrolling and attacking near Petra Castle (about 150-200). Once this band is defeated, Lord Petros then trusts you enough to give you access to the forge. The forge is a massive architectural wonder carved out of a volcano near Petra Castle. Here the player finds a master weaponsmith and master armorer from whom the player can either buy Kreteroan weapons or armor of lordly or masterwork (or reinforced for shields) quality. They can also upgrade any weapon or armor piece of any culture for a fee that gets greater as the quality tag increases. (Like in VC) Upgrading legendary gear like Skyfall or Aegis is possible but extremely, if not almost impossibly, expensive.

Gear of note: hoplon
    A large round bronze shield used by all hoplites, peltasts and Kretenoan militia. Hoplon are adorned with a vast variety of symbols. Household guards, like the Campian Household guard, have hoplon's that specifically have their household's crest on it. There is a heraldic hoplon, but it is not used by Kretnoan troops, thus leaving it for the player, companions, and hired troops to use.

What do ya'll think?
  10. Discussion + Suggestions

Since there is a strong presence of Corinthian and other Greek like helmets since 0.9. It should be matched with more Greek-like armor and particularly a number of hoplon shields. As of 0.9, the only shield that fits the bill of a hoplon is the Pegasus shield. Devs should introduce that shield with a variety of symbols including a heraldic hoplon. They should also include a weaker hoplon that can be accessed by weaker custom troops.
  11. Gekokujo - Daimyo Edition (Updated w/moddb link)

A nice thing about Floris was that armor (as well as weapons and horses) was available in the initial cities of their factions. Swadian gear in Swadian cities, etc.
    In the next update, could you make armor stores so that faction themed/specific gear are only available in appropriate cities. i.e. Ikko gear in Kanazawa, Takeda gear in Kofu, etc.
  12. Planning some personal additions for Gekokujo; not sure how to do it

I'm a novice to modding so I don't know what to do 1. Introduce a new building for cities: dojos Initially there are 5 options: melee, polearms, cavalry, archery, gunnery. Once one is selected the others are unaccessible so choose wisely based on the kind of samurai (or ikko monks) are recruited...
  13. Total Conversion mods ideas for Bannerlord

Honved said:
    Yes, start with a smaller area, and work up from there.  Question is: start date?  I'd opt for about 500BC or earlier in the Middle East, although 200BC might be more interesting if you're looking further to the west (Greece, Macedonia, Persia, Republican Rome, Carthage).

I would say Early to Early Middle Iron Age. Bannerlord is going to have a crafting system so it will be interesting to build on that to have weapons and armor stats and expense affected by its materials by having the player choose between bronze and iron. Also by this time their will be many unique and well-developed civs across the map including for example the Romans and their Etruscan neighbors, the Greek City states, Celtic and Germanic states, and the Middle Eastern Empires.
  14. Total Conversion mods ideas for Bannerlord

leovi said:
    Plus ancient China/India

Yaver said:
    Honved said:
    I'd love to see an ancient middle-eastern setting, like Babylon, Assyria, Egypt, etc.

The primitive hunter-gatherer thing also seems like it needs to be revisited with all of the newer program's capabilities.

Mainly, I'd be interested in building up a culture from the ground up, taking a tribe of nomads, establishing a camp, and gradually creating a civilization.  "Custom Settlements" for original M&B had the right basic idea, but had several serious flaws and was never completed.

I was also intrigued by one original M&B "historical" sub-mod for 1257AD: "Middle Europe", which revolved around Russia, Poland, Bohemia, Hungary, and the Holy Roman Empire (Austria).  The map was ginormous (or bigger), and my biggest problem with the mod was that it was sometimes impossible to find my faction's wandering war leader in that vast expense when called to war: such as last sighted near Prague, but somewhere off in the depths of Russia by the time I get to Prague.  If they'd have just stayed put for 3 days while the lords were assembling, it would have been awesome.
    We just do the Middle East when we can also do the Mediterranean as well? That would also include the Hittites, Greeks, Etruscans, Gauls and other Celts, and Early Balkan Peoples, We can expand outward from their over time to include peoples like the Nubians, Germanicans, and Scythians.
    It really could go to that length, but I say baby steps first, start with the Mediterranean area and work our way out from there with updates one civilization at a time. It could essentially be Bannerlord's equivalent of 1200/1257 for Warband.
  15. Total Conversion mods ideas for Bannerlord

Honved said:
    I'd love to see an ancient middle-eastern setting, like Babylon, Assyria, Egypt, etc.

The primitive hunter-gatherer thing also seems like it needs to be revisited with all of the newer program's capabilities.

Mainly, I'd be interested in building up a culture from the ground up, taking a tribe of nomads, establishing a camp, and gradually creating a civilization.  "Custom Settlements" for original M&B had the right basic idea, but had several serious flaws and was never completed.

I was also intrigued by one original M&B "historical" sub-mod for 1257AD: "Middle Europe", which revolved around Russia, Poland, Bohemia, Hungary, and the Holy Roman Empire (Austria).  The map was ginormous (or bigger), and my biggest problem with the mod was that it was sometimes impossible to find my faction's wandering war leader in that vast expense when called to war: such as last sighted near Prague, but somewhere off in the depths of Russia by the time I get to Prague.  If they'd have just stayed put for 3 days while the lords were assembling, it would have been awesome.
    We just do the Middle East when we can also do the Mediterranean as well? That would also include the Hittites, Greeks, Etruscans, Gauls and other Celts, and Early Balkan Peoples, We can expand outward from their over time to include peoples like the Nubians, Germanicans, and Scythians.
  16. Post here if you are looking for a regiment or members.

Whats the biggest regiment out there? I like big and active groups. Otherwise any Bavarian or Scottish regiment recommended?
  17. Total Conversion mods ideas for Bannerlord

Total Conversion are the crown jewels of the M&B modding community. Floris served as a TCM that lumped the best of the regular mods into one TCM, it would be great to see it again but with a menu that allows you to turn off or on participating mods as well as show you what the mod contributes to the Floris experience.
  18. Total Conversion mods ideas for Bannerlord

Rodrigo Ribaldo said:
    Funny that, no major Roman SP mods for Warband, or even generally sword and sandal mods. The modding community is not all it's cracked up to be.

It's still one of the biggest modding communities I've seen. In Nexus, the number of mods for the original are up there with the Elder Scrolls and the Fallout series, and Taleworlds says Bannerlord will be even more moddable. What we lacked in the original and Warband we may very well see in Bannerlord as the M&B series catches the attention of more people and more modders.
  19. Total Conversion mods ideas for Bannerlord

Dazzer said:
    I would love a 16th-17th century styled mod

We already have With Fire and Sword, did you have a different setting in mind?
  20. Total Conversion mods ideas for Bannerlord

Auldman said:
    I'll probably have a dozen more but:

We had a really outstanding mod for the early middle ages (I hesitate to even use a term like "Dark Ages" as we now know what nonce that is), but set in Britain, for Warband. I'd like to see a decent mod for Bannerlord that was set in Europe, as a whole, including Slavic and Baltic areas, for 480 CE to, roughly, 800 CE.

That would be nice.

That wouldn't happen to be Brytenwalda would it? The inspiration for the Viking Conquest DLC? Another poster and I were just talking about taking it and expanding the scope so you're not alone here.
Back
Top Bottom