Search results for query: *

1. Alradon

Captain perks for the player character in 1.7.0

Yes, I did notice, that the player character is assigned as a formation captain by default but I'm unsure if the captain perks work for that formation since this wasn't possible before.
  2. Alradon

Captain perks for the player character in 1.7.0

Since the new beta update 1.7.0, you can manually assign your companions as captains of formations. Now you can also assign yourself as a captain of a formation in your own party. To my knowledge, captain perks only worked for companions assigned as formation captains and the player character if...
  3. Alradon

Need More Info Crashing upon opening trade interface in town

I do, can I upload it somewhere?
  4. Alradon

it is 1.6.0 and I assume you don't have support for this version yet? Because I don't see the crash uploader tool when I crash this way, the game just disappears.
  5. Alradon

Summary: My game crashes upon opening the trade interface in town, first, icons are slow to load in and after most of them are loaded, the game crashes without a crash report prompt window. This only happens on my current save file, in a new campaign works correctly. I have used Banner paste mod...
  6. Alradon

How to force opponent defenders to SALLY OUT?

Well since there is no point in leaving your castle defences to meet someone on the field, where you have no real advandage I would assume the AI would not sally out ever unless they have more than 60% cav in which case they might be better off fighting in an open field but that is almost never going to happen. I mean why would they ever give up their defensive advatage of the castle? Yes at some point the AI would sally out almost always but that was a bug and I don't think sallying out has any real use other than being able to fully utilize your cavalry and even then giving up castle walls is kinda not worth. I would just abandon that strategy because it makes no sense for the defending side.
  7. Alradon

Do people like Smithing as a concept

I love the overall concept of smithing my own weapons, maybe even ones, that you can't otherwise find in towns, but the current execution is way too simplistic and grindy and I refuse to believe it is what the devs intended to be the final product. Random learning of weapon parts is just nonsensical and the amount of wood you have to buy just to level up your smithing to 275 is ridiculous.
    Maybe have me talk to the smiths of calradia to learn new designs of my choosing for a fee, make me spend some time learning them. Have a town in each faction, where the master smith resides, so if I want to get the best weapon parts for that faction weapons, I have to learn from him. Leveling up could be faster while using new weapon parts and maybe under supervision of the smith (again would cost money). And for gods sake please let go of needing to bring your own charcoal to a smithy I will gladly pay the smith for his time and charcoal, that he is buying for himself anyway. Nerf smelting down weapons and rework refining of iron. Smithing could be so much fun and should definitely have a place in bannerlord, some depth and realism is all it needs and it should make a great feature.
  8. Alradon

[Suggestion] Ambush Sytem: Lure party

These would be great additions to the game I have actually thought about setting up an ambush in forests with highly reduced visibility for other parties. And Battanians would get some bonuses to that like reduced time it takes, no disorganize time after moving from ambush or a bonus for archers if simulated or something similar. Sadly it is going to take a long time before we see something like this added to the game when they TW are just trying to make the game work for now.
  9. Alradon

Horse archers

Yeah it is just that sieges are not fully functional atm. Sometimes the game just splits my army in 3 groups randomly and each group follows either the battering ram or a siege tower. Sometimes it does the sensible thing and lets my archers shoot from behind cover and infantry on siege engines. Seems to be random and we have no control over what happens in a siege basically. It will be fixed I'm sure but I don't think it will be their first priority. I think they should focus on making perks work at least for player character and unit stats because those are extremely broken rn.
  10. Alradon

Need More Info Crashing when entering streets in a major city

Same for me on a save from 1.0.9 now on beta. Had an issue where i could not enter any isntance with one of my companions. Got rid of him, then everything normal, but now I can't enter any towns and it is not caused by any of my companions.
  11. Alradon

Archers Not Firing

They actually just fixed it. Thank you TaleWorlds for listening
  12. Alradon

Archers Not Firing

After reporting archer not firing problem at the start of the week I realise that the main problem is that when battle start the Archers are to close to the infantry. First thing to do is to move them to a different position where they ''clear'' vision. If Talesworlds just make the archers start a bit away from the infantry like it will solve 80% of the situation where they dont shoot from start.

Second thing the time of the day and weather affect if they shoot ot not. (Logical)

Third the line of vision of the archer also affect if they shoot or not.(Logical)
    How is the time of day and weather a logical factor in whether archers are firing or not? Even if it is night or dense fog if your commander tells you to shoot, you shoot the damn arrow. Even if they do not see the target (which they should even at night) we should be able to command our troops to shoot a target location. And if they are firing at will they should lose accuracy not range in worse conditions.
  13. Alradon

Archers Not Firing

Actually, a "blind" volley function would be really cool. If you're using archers at night, the commander could manually place a volley target field similar to targeting movement orders. The accuracy would need to be far less than aimed shots, but it would be better than nothing.

Then.... FLAMING ARROWS! Could act as tracer rounds, improving volley accuracy.
    YES! There is so much potencial with the battlefield orders that would make a skilled player shine like allowing a shield wall to be performed with any formation allowing any size of the circle formation, make infantry stand ground, make infantry with spears brace and so on. I am sure more improvements will come but now it just feels like you are just moving units around.
  14. Alradon

Archers Not Firing

Also speaking of archers not firing, i have almost lost a clear victory after a rough battle where most of my infantry and all of my cavalry have been defeated, because the archers I had left (about 20 battanian fian champions) never fired a shot because enemy cavalry (about 10 low level) would swoop in one by one and cause my archers to go melee and not even hit them as they passed. If i could just tell them to not go melee they would make short work of them in seconds.
  15. Alradon

Archers Not Firing

If anything it should reduce accuracy not range. Not being able to shoot further than your nose is just stupid but missing some shots in the dark would seem reasonable. At most maybe a 20% range decrease.
    That would be the perfect solution imo. More realistic in that you can't really target units well in the dark but decreasing range just doesnt make any sense.
  16. Alradon

Archers Not Firing

It is the night that is the problem I have had 2 lines of archers approach each other at night and the range is 1/2 if not 1/3 of what it is in the daytime, which makes no sense to me. 3/4 of the range would be the maximum penalty for night not this insanity.
  17. Alradon

Prosperity obliterating food reserves

I think this is intended as it serves a purpose as a soft cap on prosperity. And the only thing you lose when your food reserves are down is prosperity. I think it makes sense, that prosperity can't grow infinitely.
  18. Alradon

SP - General Pre-battle Tactics

There is a perk in leadership when you reach lvl 75 that allows you to do just that
Back
Top Bottom