Search results for query: *

1. Te-Ryn

Retreating feels cheesy for the player.

Or you know you could just NOT use retreat.

I dont get it, you are complaining about a single player mechanic that can be abused by using it when all that requires to fix it is by NOT using it. If this was able to be exploited in a multiplayer game i could understand the request as you cant control other players choices but this is pretty silly imo. Its like you are asking the devs to remove this option because you are addicted to doing this and cant help yourself.

Just DON'T use it. Easy fix.
  2. Te-Ryn

Im curious as to when it started becoming an industry standard to let unpaid people(modders) fixing their games for you?

game is not out yet...
    Op, I am starting to wonder if 90% of humanity are irredeemable trolls with bovine excrement for brains. The game is in early access in case this is too hard for you come back when it releases. If it releases with huge problems then you can say this but until then you are being a rude troll.
    Got it, reading entire post and comprehension to hard for some people.
  3. Te-Ryn

Im curious as to when it started becoming an industry standard to let unpaid people(modders) fixing their games for you?

So you're saying taleworlds should forbid modders from improving the game?

THATS how you read that? *facepalm*
  4. Te-Ryn

That is perfectly reasonable and I don't really think TW is actually (thus far) really a culprit in what the OP is annoyed by. Only time will tell, but so far their conduct of EA has been fine.

Actually i was more prompted to make this thread due to the sheer amount of people on this forums saying "Modders will fix it" not due to TW's track record.
  5. Te-Ryn

So if you don't like the fact that games get released with expectation of modders fixing them - if those games economically sell well and make their investors profit - its an effective business model. In that case hating the developers/publishers and wanting them to "do better" is naive. Nobody is going to leave money on the table to appease the standards of gamers, hah.

Ya except for the fact that we are what puts that profit in their pockets. If gamers werent so ****ing lazy and so lack luster about our complaints and actually put our money where our mouths are and did something like...NOT actually buying a product or supporting a company we loathe(EArts) just because we like the series(EScrolls) i guarantee you those same devs and publishing companies would be changing their tactic.

Minimal work, maximum profit. I ****ing hate capitalism.
  6. Te-Ryn

All i ever see is people these days when it comes to games with mod-able content/games is saying "Just let the modders fix it"! It seems to me that any game that has the ability to be modded has severe issues with proper QA and testing and pisspoor programming. I feel like im just conspiracy...
  7. Te-Ryn

What is to be expected in 1.4

I doubt we'll see a working fix for siege AI any time soon. From dev posts it seems like something fundamental is broken with AI / Siege design.

And where is your source on this?
  8. Te-Ryn

clan independence bug??

You gotta talk to the quest givers after leaving your current kingdom.
  9. Te-Ryn

Two biggest problems for me in 1.3 beta.

I'm hoping killing all the lords prevents this, only on day 120 something though, almost done with executing the northern empire.

Its not tied to any action apparently. Just randomly corrupts saves.

2zub4vskggv41.jpg
  10. Te-Ryn

Ya but its wierd im making test saves after every battle or so. Im up to test7. Ive gone all the way around the edge of the map. Worked fine. I save then load to see if its corrupt. I just got back to my town, sold and bought food, then saved(its day 405) then tried to laod it and it ctd on me. Other saves where i did nothing but sat in the castle till past day 400 still work fine.

Im going to try the auto save and see if it works.
  11. Te-Ryn

Ive been doing tests of all kinds. My bugged save the only real difference between the ones that are working is the bugged one ive just been leveling up my troops by killing looters.

I cant replicate the cause of the ctd on the bugged save.

Is there a place to load my save files at or debug them myself?
  12. Te-Ryn

Split the difference and try 380 first. I'd try myself, but the previous working save is over 100 days from that so I don't want to sit there and wait that long haha.

So i made a buncha saves as the day progressed.

The bugged(bob7) one is on day 405. CTD.

Test13 is on day 406 and loads just fine. Infact all the test saves i did up today 406 load fine. The only difference is location and what ive been doing ion game. On the Bob7 save ive been going around killing looters and bandits. On my test saves ive just been sitting in my town letting time pass.

The only other thing i can think of is forming 2 parties. Ill test that enxt.
  13. Te-Ryn

I'm having this CTD problem as well. I didn't notice that it had anything to do with days, but now that you bring that up I have one at 383 days that CTD, but the one before it at ~250 days is fine. So it looks like the threshold is somewhere between 376 to 383 then.

I should just let my save game from 375 go and randomly make a new save to see where it starts fudging up.
  14. Te-Ryn

I do know player kingdoms aren't fully implemented and what is there doesn't really work, they haven't since the game came out in EA.

Care to explain the 45 load bug though?

Well i got an old save from a few patches ago and got a kingdom up and running and was able to gte a few lords to join me and they ddint do this infiniate loop or defect, rejoin defect rejoin. Could be a 1.3 issue.

Well its not the 45 load bug as i just tested it. It was a old problem that if you loaded a save 45 times it woudl corrupt the save and cause a CTD.
  15. Te-Ryn

I got all the way to day 475 and started my own kingdom. Lets say i save my games in a format of Bob1, Bob2, Bob3 etcetc. My day 475 save was on Bob6. Had to go to bed last night. So exited the game. This morning i try to load up the Bob6 save. Crashes to desktop. Auto save at the time was like...
  16. Te-Ryn

Patch Notes e1.2.0 & Beta e1.3.0

Cant load any game after day 400. Save 6 for me doesnt work(day 475), auto save doesnt work(day 470). Save 5 works which is on day 375. Made a save 7(day 402), doesnt work.

Just crashes to desktop.
  17. Te-Ryn

This time last week we were all excited

Nearly 100 hours in the game and I'm still excited. For someone to say their "dreams were crushed" is asinine and makes me question your rational thinking.

Name me another game that has the intricacies that this game has and has the developers putting out patches regularly. Is the game perfect? No, but it's still a work in progress. There's been other great game that released in early access and made continual updates. I'm very grateful that the devs put this in early access because it allows players to give instant feedback. It would be a different situation if this were the full release.

Stellaris
  18. Te-Ryn

Is there a single person here saying that is no performance issues that's actually done a siege? (Or any large battle)

I7-9700K(OC'd to 4.6ghz/Watercooled), 32gb ddr, 2070 Super, Samsung 1tb SSD, MAX graphics settings on 3440x1440 resolution

Ive done a 600vs500 battle and saw no drop in fps.

I noticed a decrease on sieges with more than 300 troops by about 15-40fps. I run 75mhz refresh rate with 74.98 fps cap and get that throughout the game until sieges happen then it can drop all the way to 35fps. Doesnt seem to be the entire siege though. Seems to happen when the siege first loads up. I also noticed a difference(for the better) if i turn delegation off and command my own troops.

Seems the calculations the AI has to run for every troop is a bit too much currently. Try turning your delegations off to see if that improves it(F6).

You can tell things are messed up anyways in the scripting and pathing just by being in a siege andwatching your troops and the enemy troops be complete idiots and just run into the walls. Sometimes they will use ladders on rare ocassions.
  19. Te-Ryn

BIG BUG !!! gamebreaking... Ai clans switch faction WITH there citys/castels.....

You can actually, just don't speak with your liege but use the "leave kingdom" button, then it will ask you if you want to leave with or without your fiefs. Needless to say if you leave with your fiefs your old faction will declare war on you.

Good to know.
  20. Te-Ryn

BIG BUG !!! gamebreaking... Ai clans switch faction WITH there citys/castels.....

I find this offensive since i couldnt renounce my oath to my king and take my castle with me. No option for it. In warband you could take your castl and towns with you at the cost of pissing the dudes off. Right now you cant.
Back
Top Bottom