Search results for query: *

1. Max2150

Turn off 'Formations' (modmerger) mod for Siege battles

So I have installed formai and formations via the modmerger, but I can't for the life of me work out how to turn off the formations for siege battles. Whenever I'm defending,or they are defending, the troops just form ranks at the bottom of the ladder.  :lol: Any help would be appreciated :)...
  2. Max2150

Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

1. I have a really quick question regarding Lords.
    Do they upgrade there troops to the next tier, or do they just keep refreshing their troops that are in their party template, because I haven't added all troops of a faction into the party template list (because I was too lazy), but I was wondering if they will upgrade their troops to the top tier troops that are available?

2. can I changed the keybindings of the advanced formations orders? They seem to conflict with the 'Formations' mod :razz:

Thanks - Max
  3. Max2150

Change Race of Player depending on Starting Faction?

Thank you kalarhan, but I have made no progress on completing this task due to my incompetency.

I have no idea whether using the change gender code is a good idea. Not only this, but I have no idea where to put this code if I want the player to change race dependant of chosen faction.  :sad:

Thanks for the help though :smile:
  4. Max2150

Change Race of Player depending on Starting Faction?

tl;dr I would like to be able change race of player when starting in certain factions, but due to bad coding player can't be female. help please  :oops: So I have added two new skins, 'Asian' man and 'Mideast' man. They work fine. I was wondering how I could make it so when a player chooses a...
  5. Max2150

_Sebastian_ said:
    Max2150 said:
    @Max2150
    Try adjusting the shot_speed of the crossbow to a more common range like other crossbows... What value is it btw?
    Sorry for the late response, but currently they are at 58 shot speed, which is lower than the native crossbow I believe?
    And you're absolutely sure, that this behavior only applies to the new added crossbow?
    That's very unlikely, double check that.
    I suspect an universal cause of the problem.

Yeah, seems unlikely it could be that the crossbowmen are too good? they have wpex(180), but it doesn't seem unreasonably high. Thanks for the reply though :smile:
  6. Max2150

@Max2150
    Try adjusting the shot_speed of the crossbow to a more common range like other crossbows... What value is it btw?

Sorry for the late response, but currently they are at 58 shot speed, which is lower than the native crossbow I believe?
  7. Max2150

I have a question that I am really confused about. So I've added new units in with new crossbows and bolts. They all work fine.. when I use them.
    However, when in battle and i have quite a few crossbowmen i realised that 90% of their shots are above the heads of their enemies. I had 24 crossbowmen lose to 13 tundra bandits because they kept firing above their head.
    Anyone know why?
    Thanks - Max
  8. Max2150

Formations mod Singeplayer glitch, Quickplay works fine

Oh right, thank you for the reply :smile: I'll check that out and see what works.

Thanks  :wink:

Edit: Holy Moly, I turned off the minimap and it works fine! Thank you ever so much :smile:
  9. Max2150

Formations mod Singeplayer glitch, Quickplay works fine

I've just realised in quick battle the formations mod works completely fine, and is amazing. However, after starting a singleplayer and recruiting a large enough army I realised that during battles all the menu commands for the mod such as 'Additional Formations' and 'Memorise Placement'...
  10. Max2150

All units with new skin have same face [Fixed]

So I added a 2 new skins into module_skins.py and also added them respectively to header_troops.py. My 'Asian' skin works correctly and all units have random asian faces, however my 'Mideast' skin has a wider variety of choices yet every unit with it is bald with the 'mid_east1' face. (    ...
  11. Max2150

Alright, thank you for the reply!  :wink:
  12. Max2150

I have another question, I am currently using modmerger. Am I able to keep all the modmerger files  for a mod in a seperate folder. I don't like how in my module system folder there are 19 files for 'formations_.py'
    Am i able to put them in a folder and name it like 'Modmerger files' ?

Thanks - Max
  13. Max2150

I have a question about Formations and FormAI mod.
    At the start of the battle I am able to press F4 and choose formation of my soldiers, but after pressing '1','2' or '3' to select type of infantry the F4 menu dissapears. When I select the type of troop with the numbers, I can only see the native tactics menus, but the F4 menu flashes for a split second.
    Any ideas would be grateful

Thanks - Max
  14. Max2150

Another quick question.  :facepalm:
    Where would I find the code which makes factions hostile against each other (if there is one). I would like three of my new factions to be at war with each other when the game starts.
    Thanks - Max
  15. Max2150

I never knew you had to place a ¦ between certain pieces of code in the items file. I assumed you could also use a comma  :razz:
    Thanks for the help again :smile:
  16. Max2150

Thank you ever so much once again  :eek:. You my good sir, are a hero and a Saint. I may have to start bowing down whenever I see your name  :razz:.
  17. Max2150

Oh dear, once again you've been a hero :smile: I'll probably just skip it then.

Sorry for the amount of questions, but I'm adding in some new weapons, and i've met a brickwall (sort of).

When adding in 'naginata polearm' weapons similar to the khergit halberd. I was wondering which item_capabilites are needed for having the item swing and thrust while on a horse. What is the difference between itc_staff and itc_nodachi. Do i need to make the weapon itp_type_polearm or a itp_type_two_handed_wpn.

Thanks - Max
  18. Max2150

1. I kind of have a general question about the module system. How does one go about creating a presentation, I'm not quite sure what a lot of the code does or how it works, is there a specific page where I can read about how it works and how I can make something? - Thanks
    2. One of the things I wanted to change was at the start of the game when you have to choose where you want to start, I would like the text to be inside a button instead of just lines of text on a white space, you know sort of make that page more attractive such as moving the text up the page a bit.
  19. Max2150

Oh ok, I see the file now. This header_operations.py file is going to help me a lot understand the code more. :razz:
    I'm such a noob I don't really know how to do anything. Thank you for the replies though :smile:
  20. Max2150

Wow, holy moly :razz: where abouts is that code, I can't find it.
    Sorry about the incompetence
Back
Top Bottom