Search results for query: *

1. DavidiusTheMad

SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

Kazzan said:
    On the lords case, is that during combats or during encounter scenes or in castles? Are you sure the character is wearing armor that is appropriate for their race? What did you use to make these changes?

For your second point, I believe you would require the module system for such a change.

After some testing it seems they only appear in their underwear while in castles and towns. I checked battles and when you meet them out in the field, and they will wear their new attire in those circumstances. I read somewhere that has to do with their new armor not having the correct flags to appear in the castle and town scenes? Anyhow, I haven't quite figured out how to fix that yet. The armor I gave them are variants of the bronze plate used by mercenaries such as volands venators. I have been successful in altering the units completely, but the Lords are still an issue.

As for the marketplaces, that is a bummer. I understand the mod authors won't be handing out the module system, so that will be out of my reach for now. In any case thanks for the quick response!

I might also be adding Estalia at some point in the future, but that would require implementing an entire new faction and new towns, villages and castles. Not to mention relocating part of the beastmen( was thinking of placing part of the beastmen in the forests of Bretonnia and the Empire). Any helpful tips and tricks as to how or even if that would be possible are welcome.
  2. DavidiusTheMad

SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

Been playing the mod for a a while now, and I have enjoyed it immensely! But I do have a few quick questions and I would truly appreciate it if someone could answer them for me.

1: I have been dabbling around in the files for personal use, and I have run into some issues. I was trying to change the pirate faction into Tilea (my personal preference) but I stumbled unto some problems. First of all, the lords won't don their new armor, and are now gallivanting around in their undies...

2. How does one change the items offered in the marketplace of specific cities? Both for my personal little modding and in game. I have yet to find a way to change that. (Quite silly when you play as a human, conquer a city and they won't sell stuff you can use).

Any help would be appreciated!
  3. DavidiusTheMad

SP Native Fantasy Nysne - Metamorphosis (Version 1.2 - check p.5)

How about a system like the one PoP uses? Minor factions which roam the map, and if they get lucky they'll capture some place and become a major fac?

And boy do I feel stupid, I misread the info text.. :facepalm: Instead of two generations, I somehow read two centuries. Ah well, still a lot can happen in two generations!
  4. DavidiusTheMad

Ruthven said:
    I'm glad you like the mod so far! :smile: Truly it makes me happy that someone else is getting some enjoyment out of it. I wasn't looking for help with the mod really, but you seem like a quick learner and I might be able to find a use for you if you wish. What kinds of contributions would you like to make? Your limited experience with Warband modding might be a little prohibitive, but as long as your ambitions are reasonable we might be able to work something out.

First of all the companions. I'll give it a go and hopefully come up with some good comrades for the mod, I'll try to stick to the format where possible. I already have the idea of making a companion which would be the descendant of the protagonist in Native. He'd only be able to give some vague stories about his ancestor, the one wilder and more unbelievable than the next, although the player would know that those stories might have happened in someone else's game. Something like that seems like a nice addition to me.

Something I would also like to suggest is perhaps adding some more villages, castles and perhaps cities. It always bugged me in native that there were swathes of land which were as good as desolate, or only populated by low level bandits. Adding minor factions or simply groups of more potent bandits would quickly solve that problem. I'm still in favor of adding a faction or two, why? Because I love the diversity of cultures and troops in some of the mods out there. Granted this mod already has more diversity between the factions and quite well made troops, but I feel like there could be some more. We could even stick to the lore of the series, and choose Geroia or Balion to be factions. I mean a lot could have happened in 200 years. Or an invading faction could also prove interesting, or perhaps making more areas of the map accessible. Above are just some of the ideas which came to mind whilst playing the mod, I'd like to know what you think about these.

EDIT:

Was playing some more and discovered so many nice details in this mod! The sheer variety in units, even amongst the same troop type, is stunning. The taverns are lively, the arenas give a nice feel and the various patrols and the ensuing battles and chaos are simply put amazing. I was also surprised by the night time effects, the best I have seen so far. Below is a picture of me narrowly escaping an axe to the face during a beautiful moonlit night.
  5. DavidiusTheMad

Ruthven said:
    I'm sorry!!! I removed that armor when trying to clean up the Textures file but forgot to take it out of the item pool. As long as you don't touch it it shouldn't crash the game. I'll patch it soon with some other quick fixes.

For now you can avoid the issue by going into the Nysne folder, opening up item_kinds1.txt and changing this:
    itm_lamellar_armor_b_r Lamellar_Armor Lamellar_Armor 1  lamellar_armor_b_r 0  16842765 0 2100 704643236 23.000000 70 0 28 20 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

To this:
    itm_lamellar_armor_b_r Lamellar_Armor Lamellar_Armor 1  lamellar_armor_b_ll 0  16842765 0 2100 704643236 23.000000 70 0 28 20 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Thanks for the tip! I already had the feeling it would be an easy fix, and for once I was actually right.

Say, I really like this mod so far and even though I am not really experienced with modding Warband (I am in the process of learning) I would like to offer my help for this mod. I have done some retexturing and coding in the past (mostly personal mods for Total War and Bethesda games) and as of a few months now I have been dabbling with Warband. So if you'd want me to pitch in with some stuff, let me know :wink:
  6. DavidiusTheMad

Ruthven said:
    Daafiejj said:
    Downloading the mod as I type, I'll get back to you with whatever I may experience. One thing I could suggest even without having been in game is perhaps adding some more factions? From my experience with playing M&B Warband I would dare say the more factions the merrier. And seeing as this is set in the future of Calradia, who knows what new factions will have emerged? Perhaps a faction to represent a player made kingdom in the native game?

As for companion background, I may be able to help with that. I have experience with Dungeons and Dragons, a host of rpg's and numerous books. So I'd wager I'll be able to come up with some interesting characters.

With kind regards,

Daafiejj
    Hey Daafiejj. I'd love to hear some character stories from you! I just started playing DnD recently and it's a blast.

I wouldn't worry too much about the number of factions. Like I said, times are changing... Though there are no "new" factions, each existing faction has a claimant with strong ties to a region within a faction, and lords can now rebel against kings as well. 6 factions can quickly become 18 if conditions are right.

Started playing the mod, and I have to say it is stunning! Textures are on point, the ambiance is amazing and the added troops, armors and weapons are simply amazing! I have never seen Calradia this beautiful before.

I ran into a bug however, during my playthrough I entered a Vaegir town(I believe it was Richaveg) and when I entered the marketplace the game gave the following error code:
    Code:
    Couldn't load "Textures/lamellar_armor_b_r.dds"
    The odd thing was though, that it did not crash the game. Heck I couldn't even find what was the cause of this error in game, everything seemed normal. So maybe it is just a thing on my end, maybe not. Thought I should let you know.

A small suggestion would perhaps be to make the market item pool in the towns a bit more faction specific? Now all the goodies are just all over the place.

And as for the companion backstories, just give me some suggestions about how many you'd want, where from, and how far I may go with my imagination on this.

I'll continue my adventure in this new Calradia, and I hope to see some of that sweet mayhem and civil war you mentioned. :twisted:

EDIT:

Welp, there went the game. Seems like the "Thick Lamellar Armor" is causing this problem. The texture seems to be missing and instead it is just solid black. I encountered the armor a second time, got the error again and this time I noticed the missing texture. When I dragged the armor across the screen the mod crashed. It is unfortunate but the positive side is it seems like an easy fix.
  7. DavidiusTheMad

Downloading the mod as I type, I'll get back to you with whatever I may experience. One thing I could suggest even without having been in game is perhaps adding some more factions? From my experience with playing M&B Warband I would dare say the more factions the merrier. And seeing as this is set in the future of Calradia, who knows what new factions will have emerged? Perhaps a faction to represent a player made kingdom in the native game?

As for companion background, I may be able to help with that. I have experience with Dungeons and Dragons, a host of rpg's and numerous books. So I'd wager I'll be able to come up with some interesting characters.

With kind regards,

Daafiejj
  8. DavidiusTheMad

SP Native [WB] Native Alternate Expansion

Ramaraunt said:
    Well, the game is gone. I literally lost all the source code with my computer, should have uploaded it. I'm sorry guys.

Sorry to hear man, the mod is very promising. Are you still continuing work or not? And regardless, may I use parts of this mod in a mod of my own design? I have quite the plan for a mod, but I am gathering permissions first.
Back
Top Bottom