Search results for query: *

1. Having a city is horrible

In more than one game, with different patches, I have had to have a city and I the more and more I play, I am sure that it becomes an experience that limits the game. I mean, you usually end up having as your first city a space that, probably, is not of your culture. So you already have a lot to...
  2. Beta Patch Notes e1.5.8

We are talking about human beings. They deserve a normal schedule, with time off and a good salary.
    They may have flaws in the organization or not all workers are as efficient as they should be, but that doesn't have to make them all slaves 24/7 or work with crunch. What I would point out is that how efficient has been the management of personnel and resources to have a game with so much development time and so little progress, we should question if the project manager is the right one.
    But let's also be self-critical. Having a lot of time to play doesn't imply that the developers have to satisfy all that extra time in a game that we knew was EA. They are humans too, putting so much pressure on them only diminishes their quality of life.
  3. Why so concerned about this being a historical game?

I don’t get people saying that they prefer having fun over history. They are kinda saying that history cannot be fun. So you guys prefer Skyrim’s combat over the combat system of Kingdom Come: Deliverance? If so, well our preferences of having fun is totally different. Why wouldn’t historical accuracy be fun?

Yes I want realistic gender roles because it would make playing as a female a whole different gameplay experience. Right now it is just the same as playing a male character which doesn’t excite me for another playthrough and decreases replayability. I want to prove my mettle to those having fun of me in the game as a female. I want to achieve my goals despite all the difficulties of being a female in a medieval setting. But we have a game that when we marry a lord as a female, that lord comes to our clan instead of the other way around. Like it is inconsistent in the first place. When you are playing as a male, your spouse joins your clan and when you are playing as a female it is the same thing too. Is it the same for the NPC ladies too? I don’t think so? So what makes our situation different? I have my opinion on it but I’ll leave it to you.

And about historically accurate armor... What is fun about spending lots of money on the best armor and again dying to four arrow shots instead of three? Wouldn’t it be more fun if all those arrows broke on impact, get deflected by arrow and spin midair etc.? What is fun about an arrow stuck in a metal helm? I just want arrows to not penetrate and only harm me a symbolic amount of damage if I’m buying an armor which looks protective historically. If you are OK with spamming archers and winning all the battles, then we have different preferences of having fun, so please don’t accuse me of wanting unfun stuff.
    At no time am I saying that history or historical games are boring. In fact, I'm a historian so I find the past and historical processes quite fun.

What I am saying is; it is not valid as a criticism to say that something is poorly designed because it is unrealistic in a fantasy game. This game literally takes place in a different world, with different societies, different customs, etc... One thing is to want congruence or balance in the mechanics (which should always be sought) and another thing is to think that making it historical in some cases, specifically the ones we want which makes the vision of the game subjective to make the game better.

The case of congruence (exposed here in armor) I feel the same as most here, an armor of some level should give you a feeling of greater protection or that there really is an advancement in your initial character.But one thing is what I want and the feel I'm looking for in the game and another is what I feel it should be because historically/realistically it was something. Both are perceptions, but one "tries" to be more objective and hide the "I want it to be so".

At the end of the day, it is also valid to expect or want certain things from what we play. Already here it is the field of the game experience, the same with the subject of women. Obviously it would be nice to have different experiences if you play a game as a man or a woman, but even if it is an egalitarian society it should not be that way, and it is because the developer thought so. Again, what we want to have and what it is is not justified by saying "this happened in the past and therefore here too". And again I say, it is not that the criticisms are unvalid or we have to just accept everything they give and that's it, that's the extreme. But it is not valid to justify only "what I want and so it must be because it happened in X and so it must happen here" which is often done with the argument of "historically correct".
  4. Why so concerned about this being a historical game?

Why so concerned about this being a historical game? Most of the posts one reads around here always have a "this is not historically correct" or "this is a historical game" mention. I think the source of a lot of frustration is a misguided view of the game, and of the past. There is a very big...
  5. Bug Reporting HQ

Hello! first of all, great mod.
    Happend that I finish a mission (fallow X marshall) and they give me like 29999 exp point. That crazy, that count like a bug or ir must be like that? (sorry bad english, spanish is my best)
Back
Top Bottom