Search results for query: *

1. My theories so far on what factions are best for what

So after logging a couple different faction trees and looking at a few incomplete lists that I have, I've come to some conclusions: Best Marine: England Best Pikeman: Spain Best Infantry with shield (only actually): Spain Best Musketeer: France Best all around: Buccaneers (French Renegades)...
  2. List of English Units and their upgrade tree (English Faction)

English Colonists and Hunters are recruitable from the quest/message board within a town.  The amount that join the player depends on how much money the player has on him at that moment, how many open slots he has in his party, and how many units are available for hire as well as whether or not...
  3. List of Prisoner Units and their upgrade tree ("Common" Faction)

Prisoners are "recruitable" once a player is enslaved and creates an uprising leading to fellow slaves joining their party after a successful escape.  The amount that join the player depends on how many the player convinced to revolt, how many that mine/plantation contained at the time of the...
  4. Battery Skill versus Deployable Cannon

In my search for the most worthwhile use of skill points and what number of cannon is optimal for land battles, I made a few tables to help plan my character development that I figured might be helpful to other players.  Here they are: Battery Skill versus Deployable Cannon To get 13 total...
  5. What's a useful/adequate/way too much battery skill?

Just wondering what other players are thinking or have already put into their battery command skill. I was initially thinking of going for the almighty 10, but really 10 cannons be way too much and I could potentially use 2 or even 4 points elsewhere and be quite happy with 6 points in battery...
  6. How to survive being absolutely dead broke and enslaved

I've my pride and jack squat, but my pride just left town.  So you've gambled your life savings away, got beat up at the ol' tavern, and then while in your drunken state, got captured by natives who then sold you into slavery (or insert another "Lost it all" story). You've got nothing.  No...
  7. Trait List and Requirements

I realize this is in game, but it's often handy to be able to look at while not playing in order to plan the building of your main character or companions (though I have only seen a few companions gain trait points - ex Francois).  I've listed the traits first by how they're listed ingame first...
  8. Collection of Guides

Before I start making more guides, I'd figure I'd put down a list of the guides/discussions I've found so others can use them.  Some of these might be out of date, but there's still good information contained within.  Game Manual  To get the file saved, either right click>"Save Target As" or...
  9. How different ship types sail w/r to the wind (quick guide)

NOTE: Just realized there's no actual sailing difference in game between sloops and mainly squared vessels.  This might because I was testing a Sloop of War vs a Brig and the Sloop of War even though technically a "Sloop" has only square sails with the ingame model.  However, it might also be...
  10. Why Alayen makes the best trader (Companion Build Guide)

You might be thinking Alayen a trader? WHA?  He's a LORD! Hear me out.  It has everything to do with stats and levels.  Most of the time if you play with a party setup for a decent time to "beat" the game in some fashion you and/or your companions will most likely hit level 30 or higher. ...
  11. Which Game of Thrones mod includes the Floris Tournament submod with rewards?

I remember playing a Game of Thrones mod that would give tournament rewards based off of difficulty and success rate, but I just played the two I could find (Ice & Fire, Clash of Kings) and both seem to have the vanilla style of tournaments.  Anyone able to refresh my memory?  Maybe I missed...
  12. Suprised, but I haven't heard of any Pirate/Carribean or Cowboy mods

M&B With Fire and Sword just screams Pirate or Cowboy mod.  I just haven't found any.  There's a ton of mods though so it's quite possible I've missed them. Anyone know of any? 
  13. Mini guide to farming renown

I've recently discovered a great way to gain ~100 renown in relatively short order.  At the time, I could field an army of about 75 soldiers.  I found the standing on the chest and throwing grenades over and over both boring and VERY expensive.  Here's my alternative and more fun (at least for...
  14. Possible bug: None of the faction leaders are recruiting for their armies?

Anyone else have seen this?  I'm using a mod called prebattle orders, but it might also be a problem for the base game.  None of the faction leaders will recruit soldiers to refill their armies.  For instance the king of Sweden has a 9 soldier army right now running around.  The Tsar of Russia...
  15. How to start a war? Sweden has been at peace forever....

So I joined Sweden to have access to Scottish mercs.  Go Scotland! But alas, Sweden has been at peace FOREVER and now I can't really make war on anyone. Is there any way to foster a war or get your King to get his royal bottom in gear?
  16. Advantages of Muskets versus Pistols?

I've been a long time M&B fan and I recently picked up WFaS, but I keep wondering why would I use a musket if I can use a pistol?  So far, in the very beginning, my pistol has more accuracy AND reloads faster.  Not sure why I'd even bother with a musket.  Plus most good muskets require you to...
Back
Top Bottom