Search results for query: *

1. Ironic Golem

Can we please have more commands and more info?

"The ability to command your troops to attack a specific enemy formation" has been included in these reports as well as brought up in a community suggestion meeting. It hasn't seen approval so far but I'll bring it up again as it's clearly a contentious issue that keeps popping up, especially in the MP captain community.
    Do you mean to say they've seen it at one point and dismissed it or specifically said no?
  2. Ironic Golem

What are your must-have mods you can't play without that you'd like Taleworlds to implement into the base game?

Does anyone here manage to play without Equip best Item? manually equipping companions every battle is one the most tedious tasks in the game and I would rather have them naked If I don't have that mod
    Good mod, it's pretty draining/boring-as-hell scrolling through the items to see if there's any green colored stuff to throw onto each of my companions, twice (battle and civvie). After a bit they'll have ok equipment that you can just assume won't easily have superior stuff, but good lord it's poor until then.
    black_bulldog's post reminded me how it was even worse in OG, I forgot having to talk to each of them, lol... probably because mods existed to help automate that.
  3. Ironic Golem

why do horse charges only cause a stagger?

I don't know - probably not high. But that wasn't really my question nor the thing being discussed.
    I wasn't trying to argue a point, just wondering what would be realistic in regards to the damage. The tactics of the AI are...another mess.
  4. Ironic Golem

I Wonder if Every Castle Will Actually Be Unique?

Where have you taken the battle scene numbers from? Have I missed devs telling the actual number of battle scenes they're gonna make for the game?
    this, I think
  5. Ironic Golem

why do horse charges only cause a stagger?

God I hope people don't think deadly charges mod is "realistic" in any way.
    How deadly IS an armored warhorse charging into you?
  6. Ironic Golem

What are your must-have mods you can't play without that you'd like Taleworlds to implement into the base game?

A mace is going to be just as good against unarmored troops anyway,
    I believe swords do appreciably more damage here, and overall have much more reach than maces, but I'm not in a situation to give hard facts here - Bannerlord isn't super conducive to easily comparing this.

I still carry a sword in RBM. Maybe that'll change eventually, dunno.
  7. Ironic Golem

Do the simulations take into account captain's bonuses?

That was more me grumbling about the state of the situation. One would expect captain benefits to work in some fashion but it sounds like they don't, though proper code diving is still necessary to confirm.
  8. Ironic Golem

Do the simulations take into account captain's bonuses?

Extremely shameful autocalc it sounds, to be honest
    Tracks with the year+old report where auto-calc just assigns a unit a power level ranging from like 0.66 to 2.99 based on tier + mounted status, then attacks a random enemy unit with some very basic PL comparison, but doesn't even track individual health.
    Expecting captains to work here? No way, bro. It doesn't even track formations.
  9. Ironic Golem

To the developers about NFT usage

Nobody is saying a dang thing about micro transactions or directly costing the player anything, why do you keep acting like we are
  10. Ironic Golem

I think the point with blunt was just that them being blunt doesn't itself manifest any particular abilities (and why would it, reality is not a video game where "blunt" is a magical property), just that such weapons had different design and weight+balancing, which facilitated better crushing through an armor.
    Which I mean, he explains with how the actual relevant part is concentration of force and more energy on the impact site, no?
    Even that medieval war hammer has a pointed tip on the more hammer-y side.

The point of saying all this though is dubious; I think we largely understand such things, and it's just being shorthanded or mentally waved away to "blunt damage", and Honved's post was a good expansion on it. Though I guess I am unsure what Akka's original post was trying to do - I felt it was just a response to a specific comment, not like trying to convince anybody that maces or polearms etc weren't superior to swords in beating up knight-nerds.
  11. Ironic Golem

To the developers about NFT usage

Seems NFTs can't meaningfully facilitate any of this, and the parts where you might shove them in we have existing legal systems with far more authority to actually go anywhere in case law needed to get involved - which is what would actually be relevant for purchasing rights.
  12. Ironic Golem

SP - General Bandit Role-Play

Sounds like you want to maybe "establish secret criminal empires in the back alleys of cities" (and more).
    Same, my dude. Playstyles are pretty narrow as-is.
    At the moment the best you got I think is the Fourberie mod to facilitate roguery. Which sure ugh having to use mods, but it does exist right now and might provide a bit of fun.
  13. Ironic Golem

SP - General DLC I would pay money for

The reason those things were goofy in Warband was, iirc, due to the engine not supporting different skeletons.
    I remember the Bannerlord engine supporting such things being an older selling point for it, but that's likely stuffed away into some blog.

These suggested DLC and their "acceptable" costs are gross and dreadful.
  14. Ironic Golem

Realism aside, RBM is just straight up more fun IMO.
    Yeah, the "realism" creates opportunities to diversify game play and add more tactical nuances to combat & can pull on intuitions people have. IMO that's the main reason to look to realism - reality tends to be complex and create a lot of potentially interesting interactions. (Of course sometimes they're not interesting and fun and where that line falls can vary on the person, so, joy.)
    For example rather than everybody just dying to a few left clicks regardless of respective kits, "having" to use specialized tools to gain significant advantage creates depth and out of that, more engagement.
    As your tournament example shows, making them meaningfully different can create satisfaction via challenge (which admittedly is a hard line to ride - just making everybody upset cause they die or something is unwanted), but also actually makes things more than only superficially different as it might have been if that lord was some T3 infantryman-equivalent so it doesn't just meld together into a boring mess.
  15. Ironic Golem

RBM is great.

They want to blow bubblegum, left click, and not think about anything, dunno why people respond to their posts.
    Not worth spending the energy doing so and tbh the less I see people giving them an opportunity to bore me, the better. So please stop doing so.
  16. Ironic Golem

What happened to "building a criminal empire"?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure your mod (Fourberie) has more to it than most existing features, tbh. It's not like caravans or workshops have much going on. You really could have just left the mod at just "Generate gold based on Prosperity-Security" and the entire system would be as "good" as Native. Thankfully, you didn't.

I find it interesting the functionality to take them over does exist though, and they've just stopped at what we currently have. I wonder what the story is there.
  17. Ironic Golem

Victory Post-Fight Skill exp training "exploit"

If you're still alive after you win a fight, you can shoot allied troops and get experience - this lets you level up Bow/Xbow/Throwing and Riding pretty easily. Technically you can do this during the battle as well, but... This is especially noticeable if you fight alongside an allied lord of...
  18. Ironic Golem

Arena practise fights - no skill improvements?

+1
    Is kind of lame.
    You also get to full-heal afterwards; I imagine this is partly why they don't give exp.
    I'd rather have the HP not auto-heal, but get experience from the fight.
  19. Ironic Golem

CAN'T BUY? - FIXED

I'm kind of surprised the forums are still up.
  20. Ironic Golem

Taleworlds, this is false advertising and you know it

Have you tried the changes many want yet? The game does feel better with them.
    How would I go about doing this?
Back
Top Bottom