Search results for query: *

1. Johandros

Open Appdata folder does not exist-Game does not opening

Hi, all. When I click to the "Play" button on steam the followings happen: Game looks opened because the button turns into "Stop" and like after 5 seconds my game closes itself or something like that and button turns into "Play" again. Additionally, warband's appdata>roaming folder and "documents" folder does not exist at all and I assume this may be the problem in the first place.
    Hey, was your problem solved in the meantime?
    If not, could it be that you maybe have a AMD processor (like Ryzen) and maybe an NVIDIA graphics card?
    Since that might cause trouble for some games.

Also try to check for your Antivirus (whitelist Warband, in case it got blocked or something).
    And also maybe try to go to the actual Warband exe file and try to launch it yourself with Admin rights (to see whether that changes anything). It is possible in some cases, but also could lead to other problems maybe.
  2. Johandros

Open Game won't start

Hey there.

So you tried admin rights, compatibility mode and so on as you said.
    Maybe it could also be a registry issue in your case, like with someone else (or what I mention but for another problem).

Have you had Warband installed on this Laptop already before, like when it was still running but maybe had an older version?
    Or maybe transferred data from an old PC or something?

In that case it could be that maybe the registry of Warband is the issue, since it might have a few wrong or old formatted values, but generally is present, so the game thinks all is good, but when it tries to load the values some are broken or missing.
    Just a guess, since that is possible.

In that case, completely uninstalling the game and deleting all folders (game folder, documents folder, Roaming Appdata folder etc.) would not be enough, but also a good idea ofc before doing that.

If ofc deleting every trace (also in the Registry) does still bring the same result, after you reinstall the game again through steam (you probably did that, like letting Steam download and install it automatically), we might have to look for something else.

Sometimes Windows writes Event logs when executables crash or similar things happen.
    Then there could be a hint to the problem.

Besides that, just a hint, mixing AMD and NVIDIA is never really a good idea.
    At least it was not in the past, since they have their own protocols and optimizations.
    Usually Intel and NVIDIA were good together and Intel and AMD GPU, or AMD CPU and AMD GPU.
    But AMD and NVIDIA were always "enemies".

Maybe that changes in recent years and I mean it does function ofc, otherwise nothing would work, but in specific cases it could lead to such outcomes, when maybe the CPU also has a GPU function and you also have another GPU from another manufacturer.

Here is something related to what I mean, hopefully it helps you, since it seems to be related to your case:

And a last guess would be an Antivirus you maybe have installed, since some people mentioned that in their case it blocked a few games for whatever reason and then they could not launch them, only when they whitelisted them (or ignored the game exe in the Antivirus settings).

And if all that did not help or you need help with the changes, like the Registry, let me know.
    But first try the other things and then we will see. Also maybe restart after the changes, if that might be necessary.
    Probably not, but who knows.

Hope it helped a little bit. :smile:
  3. Johandros

Open Game won't start

I uninstalled the app from the pc. Still not working.
    There is the possibility that in the logs of the game you can find some information.
    Or did you already check on that?

In case there aren't any other logs, at least the rgl_log.txt which should be created each startup of the game in the main folder of the game (where you or Steam installed it).

If that does not give any information, maybe you could also have a problem with graphics drivers, in case they changed maybe since last time. Since at times people have had two graphics drivers installed, one with OpenGL and one without and sadly some games did pick the one without as main or the operating system.

This can happen when you have an Intel CPU and something like Intel HD Graphics along side a Nvidia Graphics card as an example, since some Intel CPUs also have a graphics interface built in (the ability to process graphics and act as a graphics card).

In case you dont know what the rgl_log says, you could post it here maybe or at least the parts with warnings and errors.
    And check for your graphics drivers and such things.

If that does not help or is not the case for you, maybe we still find a way why it does not work.

You could also search for the Warband folder in your Users Documents Folder and play around with the rgl_config.txt settings, since at times maybe that also can help with problems. Usually you should not have to do that, but at times it also fixed network problems for me with Warband servers and such things.

Usually this is also edited and read by the game on startup and when you change a few settings in the startup window (in case that does still show on for the Windows version of Warband (since it does not exist for the Linux version).
    But in the rgl_config.txt there are way more settings than the game menus allow you to make, but usually just necessary for tweaking or development (like when making mods or for special stuff or something).

(I once had a situation in which someone could not update any game through steam nor play them for the same reason and he also reinstalled Steam and so on, but no success. In the end, we manually had to remove some old or broken Registry entries (that thing where Windows stores some license keys, special settings and so on) and after all of that was done he could reinstall steam and update all games and all worked again. Even the Steam support noted that afterwards, since they also had no clue.)

So yeah, we will make it work on you Laptop! :smile:
  4. Johandros

Online face code generator tool | Tweak facekeys and see how they work

Thanks for the links.
    Yes right now probably not, but maybe at some point. :smile:
    Can't promise a thing, as I said, but thanks for letting me know.
  5. Johandros

Great to hear all that! :smile:

Hope you are well as well and I am alright for now.

The webpage looks pretty great from the first look! Nice work!
    Maybe at some point I could also add some tool or something to it, in case you might need help with it.
    But I cant promise.
  6. Johandros

Hey, sorry for the disappearing and all that crap in case you noticed.
    Thank you for mentioning my tool although you thought it was made by Marnid.

Actually the Version name of the tool was meant to be Marnid since I planned to give each major version a name.
    Like a name from all the native original npc characters.

I think the first was Klethi or something I used.

Sorry for deleting it all.
    I actually reuploaded the source code under a different name (djaessel), since that was gone as well.

The version that was on ModDB is gone forever in case noone got a backup or has that thing downloaded somewhere.

Because I also deleted the sourcecode and all of that and many more things... yeah... a lot of **** happened.

Luckily I found an older version that was from one year prior or something. Not much might be different but I know that I had fixed some bugs in the final version that was on ModDB, just cant remember what it was.

If someone would still have that installer/release exe somewhere I might be able to decompile/analyze it and find what I changed in case anyone would be interested. But could take some time maybe, depending on whether I just have to use one tool for it and all is clear or not. Because I might added some decompile protection, just not sure.
    Otherwise you could just use ILSpy or something and get the source from that one yourself.

Yeah all about decompiling xD

Maybe my tool could be use for some of you to maybe develop something on top of it or something else.

Thank you Swyter for giving it a star and maybe investigating it, in case you got some ideas from it for your own projects.
    Back when I started I liked your work and got inspired by it.

And Eärendil, sorry that I left without a word I think. I was in a real bad place to say the least.
    Hope you keep doing your thing and thanks for supporting me back then while no one else really seemed to do.

How did the new Modding tool work out or did you stop on it?
    I know we wanted to kind of reprogram parts of mine "MB Studio" and create something new and better.
    Cross platform and all.

But it seemed only you were real pumped about it and me at times.
    Hope you two guys are doing well out there.

Thanks for what you did and may my work aid you in some way.
Back
Top Bottom