Search results for query: *

• Users: kmaj
  • Order by date
  1. Bug Reporting HQ

Kryxos said:
    I have a bug where my technology being upgraded doesn't allow me to upgrade tier 2 troops, all that's available is teir 1.
    Are there actually tier II troops? Don't you just have to skip to III when you unlock it?
  2. Suggestions

Tricornes are more 18th century and won't really fit the setting. The handcannon is a good idea and artillery is already in development. I don't think there should be a Jewish faction, but Jewish players should get advantages to trade or property purchasing to reflect the fact that Jewish communities would be minorities in almost every town in Calradia.
  3. Main Topic

Livermore said:
    kmaj said:
    Ideally body sliding would allow you to play as your allies' troops, too - I think it doesn't in 1257AD. It would make freelancing much more interesting.

You can't while freelancer, you can only bodyslide to your own troops, not to ally troops.
    *ideally*
    *should*
    *would*
  4. Main Topic

Ideally body sliding would allow you to play as your allies' troops, too - I think it doesn't in 1257AD. It would make freelancing much more interesting.
  5. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Quintillius said:
    Read the full list of features to check effects of tech tiers: https://www.dropbox.com/s/400yjulv87ieq5j/Full%20list%20of%20Features.pdf?dl=0. You can only start a single type of enterprise PER town. Yes, dynamic year has a relation with technological development. But you can increase speed of technological advancement manually.
    Thank you. So I should be able to go to another town, start doing another job and then buy the related enterprise?
  6. Found out why custom archers cant use weaponry

Keverclin159 said:
    Quintillius said:
    Thanks for trying to find out what's going wrong, but this is already fixed for v4.0. It's because of element in troop stats that prevents archers from using weaponry. I cannot set troops to archer type during mid game, only from start. But I found a workaround.  :smile:

4.0 came out????
    No. He's saying that when it will come out, this problem will be fixed.
  7. Main Topic

I tried out this mod when it was in 1.0 and regarded it as a run-of-the-mill total conversion. Fun to play for a bit, mostly because of the fresh setting and the few added features. 3.02, however, is absolutely stunning. I'm impressed by the amount of detail and features that go beyond what is necessary for the setting to make sense. And naturally by the fact that (almost) everything works as it should. I'd put Nova Aetas in the same tier as Brytenwalda, 1257AD and Gekokujo now.

I've only played one game, but I'm getting the impression that Swadia is perhaps weaker than it should be.
    This could be because:
    - They border even more factions than in vanilla, leading to a lot of wars.
    - In tier I tech, Swadian Knights are more or less just as good as their Rhodok and Zendar equivalents. If anything, their best troops are the crossbowmen.
    - Swadian territories have Cathars attacking their peasants, which are the strongest, but most importantly the fastest parties on the map. They have no trouble catching up to the player's party (unless he has a combination of good pathfinding, light inventory, few troops of which most or all cavalry).
    In general, I feel there should be more, slightly weaker, bandits.

8. Great Bug Investigation: FIXED

Odin boarhelm said:
    hey quinny, I think I found the cause of the bug! the (theoretical) cause: player owned ships. in one save, I bought a fleet of ships for my new kingdoms battle fleet, and within 10 minutes, it froze. however when I reloaded a save that had been made BEFORE I got the ships, the game ran like normal (at least, it has thus far)
    I have bought no ships (although I have visited Zendar's harbour) and still get the dialogue bug, but no freezing. Additionally, I sometimes get red text in the game log that starts with SCRIPT_ERROR, I'll post a screenshot if I manage to get one.
  9. Start as a looter

This is a great idea. As far as I know Bryte walda is the only other mod to do this.
    beartjah said:
    KhivalrousBear said:
    the bandit asks for what purpose and you have several choices based on charisma(persuasion), prestige, renown, honor, or.... money :grin: Either to spark a revolution or become a bandit warband.

'joing me or die' should probably also be a viable thing. Though it might need some disadvantage to stop easy snowballing into a massive army size :razz:
    There should be a morale malus and a certain chance of the fresh "recruits" fleeing your party the following night, kind of like what happens when you recruit from prisoners.
  10. Bug Reporting HQ

I see the Flintlock Pistol, but not its ammo, in some weapon merchants' inventories. All the factions are at tier I except Swadia, which is at II.
  11. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Do intermediate (II, IV) tech tiers give any benefits? What's the point of having them if they don't?

Is there any way to change the trade I've picked or can I only start a single type of enterprise?

Does dynamic year change the speed of technological development?
  12. So here's the ULTIMATE Question about this mod. It regards religions

I  think the only religion that kind of doesn't make sense is Anglicanism, as there's no England.
Back
Top Bottom