Search results for query: *

1. Morelen

Future Plans

Nice!

The game is accelerating to its potential

A question since wasn't mentioned: What about diplomacy?

Good work TW
    +1
    What about Diplomacy indeed ?
    And please take into consideration all the existing features already included in the Magnificient Warband ''Diplomacy'' mod. :smile:
  2. Morelen

The good, yet terribly made game. Mount & Blade: Bannerlord

I couldn't agree more with you! Sometimes you wonder how stuff like this is even possible.. I'd honestly love for TW to get some serious competition.
    I would feel sad for them if it were not for the fact that they blatantly lied to us, it's loyal fanbase. Saying the game just needed some polishing and finishing touches a year ago. What an incredibly dishonest thing to say ! That is being disrespectfull toward the very people that made HIS dream possible. Asking a full price for the ''groundwork'' of a game that may very well never really achieve the end of EA...I don't know what words to put on that one. And then, after more the a year of letting the paying fans do the playtesting for free, everything seems to suggest that they will shamelessly let the modders fix the mess and finish the game....again for free !

I honestly would love to still look at this studio with high regards but facts are facts and will remains facts even if the game ever do releases. Taleworlds is not THE Taleworlds that made Warband. Sorry... I had a bad day and my pink glasses fell off. Welcome to the Machine.
  3. Morelen

I keep seeing the argument that vanilla Warband was also quite "empty" like Bannerlord, which I don't think is true but that's not what I want to discuss in this post. Bannerlord is the sequel they didn't need to create the whole formula, it was in development for 10 years, it was made by a team 10 times the size that of Warband, they had all the succesful mods to take features from. And yet some people accept it as a valid reason that Bannerlord should be shallow because Warband was?
    Exactly ! Warband's mods gave them so much potential to build upon for a really great sequel. One would hope that they would take some of these ideas into account and flesh them out in the sequel....but no. It's like Warband never existed . I find it really frustrating seeing a game like Bannerlord in 2021 when the same studio gave us Warband more than a decade ago. When it came out, many of us were saying ''meh, it's just bannerlords with better visuals''. A year later, the sad ugly truth is it's not even close to Warband's depth. WTF happened ? Simply mindblowing !
  4. Morelen

Since March 2020, there is one thing that seems to be pointedly correct and that is that this community has been split between two ideal's and audiences; the long-lasting long-lasted veterans of warband and previous titles and the new generation of mount & blade. Something I can whole-heartedly say, and hope I speak for most of us here, it's that the former got the very short end of the stick from what we wanted, expected and was presented to us, whereas the latter seems to be reasonably content and some actively defending the game.

This thread is mostly going to be going off my perspective of this game as a long-time warband fan and most of these are going to be similar if not identical to other threads here. For those that enjoy the game and for those that are definitely newcomer's to this genre, I hope you don't take this as an offense to you, if anything I'm glad you enjoy it and are very optimistic about it's direction and development, you probably feel what most of us felt when we played warband for the first time.

Mount & Blade: Bannerlord in the end feels like a very linear sandbox in terms of creativity and what is possible by the player and I'm dumbfounded by the information overload there is in the encyclopaedia for features when you compare to how shallow they really are when it comes to the player interaction and outcome.
    I feel like Taleworld's has largely overlooked and underestimated what gave Warband that inch of satisfaction and functionality, so much so that they have been not represented in this title, yes the mechanics aren't as complex as they are in the latter, but they gave more freedom of play and importance to the player as he/she had full control of it. Thing's such as feasts, books, poem's, tournament's (warbands), lover's quest's and lord's duels etc., all while small, intertwined with each other so harmoniously in the gameplay loop of the game, not only that, it would partially solve something this game is in dire need, and that's RPG mechanics.

My biggest gripe with the game is the robotic gameplay loop that is Bannerlord compared to Warband., I remember when I first heard of the clan and influence system, it sounded great on paper and can probably still be okay, but for what it is right now it is in complete opposition of expansive roleplay idea as everything is limited to in what we wanted more of, and that is meaningful player to character relation's. This is because there are only two important values that trump anything else, influence and clan rank, you could murder a good portion of someone's family and they will hate you as in their (clan) relationship to you, but that doesn't matter because you can still do whatever you want as long as you have influence. this. totally. breaks. immersion.
    In Warband you'd spend your early to late game improving relations with certain lords and deteriorating with others as a direct result of the player's actions, this was important as gathering those lord's would be essential to your future. It didn't even have to be directly by the player, because as stated above:

all passively affected anonymous lord's relationships to you, little thing's just like turning up to feasts, winning in tournament's, courting a women of a family that accepts you, or doesn't accept you, fighting those lord's in return for that woman/man, spiting other lord's that were also infatuated with the lady you was courting, would win or lose your standing with them.

This brings me to my last small point, and that is pursing woman you want to marry.. This has to be the most bland, anti-fun, save-scum mechanic I have ever witnessed, you saying couple of things right or wrong at that very instance can make or break your chances in seconds, there is absolutely no element of courtship to this game and that is a massive step-back from warband where you have to put your blood, sweat and tears gradually wooing that lady over, having to fight through various ladies brother's and father's that didn't want to see you assimilated into the family, learning poem's (which had to be relatable to how the woman's personality was like) and fetching her all sorts of wine and material's as gift's and then to top it off, always arriving to visit her when she request's until your nerves almost give up. It was definitely a chore in warband. but you liked every bit of it because of it's immersion and RPG mechanics, the. woman. didn't. feel. like. a. robot. as it does in Bannerlord. you was actually satisfied as an end result, and greatly rewarded in term's of gameplay progression.

What we have now isn't a mixture of all these great thing's from other genres, but just a highly decorated open world, battle simulator strategy game and moving away from what mount & blade is/was.

I know that most of what I've said, and or haven't said isn't in "our vision of the game", but a lot of us who were dear fan's of the game's from the beginning would really, and I mean really appreciate it if you looked over these thing's again in consideration, as it is what made mount & blade, mount & blade for most of us.

As for the title, the game is good in it's own individual sense if you don't look at warband, and you can see that on the steam review's with the new player-base. but for those that are prior's.. it's just not good, and the direction it's taking (we can't be really sure because it's a mess of developer replies and lack of clear communication from the top) is bad in my opinion, and probably for most other's. and not including everything else that going on in EA Hell.

if you read this then... hey.
    +1 Taleworlds are a lucky bunch to have such a loyal and dedicated fanbase. If only they'd listen to most of what we ask from the game, if they would see warband as the skeleton of what Bannerlords should be, then they would have a true masterpiece of a game. I really don't understand why they steer away from some of the most valid aspects that made warband such a memorable game. Mods can't do it all.
  5. Morelen

Statement regarding Plans for Singleplayer and Engine III

Oh please man after games like Kenshi came out, a game that even if it's different, shares a lot of similarities, this game has proven to be boring, stale and uninteresting. Look at the quests, they're mmo repetitive crap, the factions are all exactly the same because instead of making rich cultures with different playthroughs they chose to make them as basic as possible with the only difference being troop type and in aesthetics, the lords and ladies are copy paste with nothing to bring to the game or to the experience, the only characters that have "character" is Raeghea but only because everyone is horny by her character model lmao, the companions same ****, repetitive stories to "random people" that don't affect your experience at all, you just get them as a chore, the main story? I've never seen such an awful way to introduce a player to lore and into a game other than giving them a fake ass family with no personality, features like Arenas, Hideouts, Marriage, having children, the empty taverns, empty towns they're all so dull it's just seem like it was made by an amateur who's not able to think beyond and give something fresh, they're a comeback from Warband that doesn't even seem worthy of a sequel, just a minor improvement a mod could make. Minor clans are boring too, they're just dull mercenaries with so much potential wasted, this game is just potential wasted in terrible design choices, even if I try to play this game I can't get away from this idea because it's all I see, games end up being fighting and fighting and fighting and you can't just live of that.
    Either it's lack of imagination or pure cowardice, I don't think this game will improve at all at the things that really matter and it will stay as a dull sequel that's too scared to really take a chance.
    Agreed. although I have tons of respect for the original makers of M&B, I almost hope for the game to be hijaked by another studio so that we might dream of seeing it achieve part of its potential. From what they are showing us since the last 2 years, TW does not have what it takes to do it. Not anymore, and though there are some shining elements among the staff, it's just not enough. They are hoplessly dwarfed by the game's huge potential and are lacking ressources (not speaking financially) to finish it. I'm also wondering what is in Armagan's head right now. What is his thoughts about his game ?
  6. Morelen

Statement regarding Plans for Singleplayer and Engine III

I generally agree, I was hoping Warband would be the foundation on which Bannerlord would be built, not a reworking of the foundation.
    I think the primary problem with Bannerlord (aside from combat/siege AI) is the lack of interesting things to do. I think expanding on the campaign interactions in meaningful and immersive ways would drastically improve the game. Just spitballing some ideas:
    • Noble gatherings where kingdom policy is determined (similar to a feast, but for business, unrelated to tournaments)
      • Would be similar to how the marshal system worked in Warband where lords would congregate before going to war, just a political version of that
    • Feasts centered around tournaments where lords can congregate and build relations
      • Could act as essentially a roving quest hub where kingdom-impacting quests can be taken/turned in (scouting, soldier training, taxation gathering, etc.)
    • Build on the lord relation system
      • Create more interaction with the lord relation system (similar to the "I think we should go here", "Patrol here", "I want to marry your child" stuff from Warband)
      • Increase utility of lord relation system (adoption into other clans (sandbox mode only), seek favors (money, soldiers, gear, influence, position within clan, etc.)
    • Build on campaign effects of quests
      • Right now it seems like quests only really affect your ability to recruit soldiers from notables
      • Would love to see more tangible campaign effects of quests (scouting, soldier training, taxation gathering, gear smithing, etc. impacts/drives AI decisions or improves fief/kingdom in some way)
    • AI patrols created from city and castle garrisons to hunt looters/bandits/small enemy parties
    • Build on AI personalities and traits
      • Similar to Total War/Civ/Age of Wonders, the personalities and traits of AI lords and kingdoms should affect their decisions in meaningful ways
    This +1000 !!! I think you summed up a huge part of the missing essence of this game. They created the game's body (actually it's more like a skeleton ATM) but they need to create the game's SOUL which is non existent right now. An empty husk. Big part of what made Warband so popular among fans was the immersion. I hope TW reads this and listen.
  7. Morelen

Bannerlord is missing many good features from Warband and VC

Hello all,
    This list really is indeed a ''must do list'' as far as I'm concerned. I just want to make sure that the list in the first post was also posted in the Feedback/Suggestions branch ? Imho, chances are the Devs are more likely to look into it if it's in the suggestions branch.
  8. Morelen

Statement regarding Plans for Singleplayer and Engine

I would like to see this game becoming more than just a 2020 Warband... Don't misunderstand me, i love the game but after playing it a lot i miss somethings that i should not need a mod to have...

Things i would like to see:
    - Timeline with important dates and events
    ; Also, a bigger perspective of time (not only day by day, it would be interesting to just sit down when nothing is happening and just let a few months or years pass until new events). It would bring some atention to the childrens you have since you will get older faster.

- More action in peace times. It would be nice to have diplomatic and economic obligations as a king or count.

- More intrigue and drama. No need to hide it, i'm talking about something deep like Crusader Kings style. I want characters to lie in my face with a big smile and a hand holding a knife behind his back. I want the social status and reputation to really be a thing, not only to tell you what you can and cannot do or if someone will like you or not, i want to see real consequences to, for example, denouncing a traitor without proofs, denouncing a cheating wife, misbehaving in the presence of the king, trying to assassinate someone and failing (or succeeding but being discovered), impregnating a lord's wife... what i mean is: I want the drama of a court and its consequences, know what i mean? We need something more than just fight war after war and it needs to be something natural, not scripted.

- I want to be part of this world, so i need a home. We should have a village to call of ours, a place to say "it is my home, those are my neighbours, i want to protect them" and not with random NPCs, but some people that i can get out for a while, come back and see that they aged, got children, etc..
    ; Aside that, would be great to have a house. The magic of Mount and blade to me is that you don't need to be a warrior everytime, you can be whatever you want in a medieval world, so, why not be a farmer? Why not be a Blacksmith? Why not build your workshop or farm near your house and pay taxes just like any peasant out of the nobility? That would be pretty immersive. I know mods will be able to do it, but why not the game itself?

- A bigger map. You guys made an excelent job representing Calradia all over again, but i think this game have a lot of potential to grow even more. I'm talking about new lands on the same continent, some islands and a new continent. Ships and naval battles, new factions, barbarian menaces.

- Remember Viking Conquest and its realistic health features? Would be awesome to have it back, being optional, sure.

- National tech improvements. Mount and Blade gives the sensation of being stuck in time. We need something to show that the world is walking right to the future. I though of the nations starting with basic tech weapons, management and economic methods. To improve it each nation would need a great figure (a scholar, an architect, a scientist, a reputed steward) wich would be hired (high prices) to improve those tech trees.

Those are not really suggestions, but some points i found important to share about my vision of what Mound and Blade can be. I know there's a big "sandbox" idea around it, but i think this game can be MUCH more. I love this franchise and all i want is it to become something remarkable.
    And I'll have All of the above, PLEASE !
  9. Morelen

Statement regarding Plans for Singleplayer and Engine

Thank you for keeping us in the light.
  10. Morelen

1 month after release 0 content change my mind

To be honest, deep down I think we all knew that something was really wrong with the development of the game. Games that encounters huge delays in development often turn out greatly underwhelming. Like I said elsewhere, Bannerlord is an Idea, a really good and ambitious idea that was born when the first M&B game came out. It's an idea and I don't think they have what it takes to take it elsewhere. It is sadly becoming clear that having an idea doesn't give you the skills /proficiency / knowledge / or work ethics to transform that idea into something tangible. It does not give you management skill required to run a project that is so ambitious either.

Those are really harsh words that are maybe not deserved, I am aware of this and I am sorry for this. That being said, TW are so inept at showing a willingness / capacity to really communicate with us that we end up making our own stories of what has been going on for the past 8-10 years. They are really not doing themselves any favors if they are hiding what really happened for the game to be so unfinished at present time. Again we are going to make our own conclusion and it often paints them the way I just did, maybe wrongly.

IMHO TW needs to come clean once and for all with their customers, they need to show us a roadmap (yes they do), a plan, or just a flipping blog simply explaining ''where do we go from here ? '' and what is to be expected for the coming months. It is REALLY not to much to ask from customers who paid the price they deemed fair of charging us.

And here is where the anger turns to sadness: It's probably not that they don't want to do all these things, it's just that....they $%#@ing cannot.
  11. Morelen

This game should be on TW's Radar. Inspiration for dynasties system

I know, it's really late for that, but I wish TW could snatch / borrow or steal some of the ideas and inspiration from this game. Only for the their dynasty system and interaction with NPCs. It looks so much deeper and more focus on the humane side, which elevates the immersion by 100 ! If not...
  12. Morelen

SP - General Early Access = Exhausting Alpha

And I'm most frustrated by all the white knights on these boards insisting that the game being **** is how it's supposed to be and it should never be fixed... and you're an idiot if you're not having fun spending 5 IRL hours grinding Smithing to 100... and you've gotta git gud if you think it's obnoxious that lords escape dungeons in 2 days then come back 5 mins later with an 800 recruit doomstack... and what we really need is to make the game worse by making the AI cheat more or some crap and to nerf the players further.

That **** makes me furious. I paid good money for the right to ****ing complain and nobody's taking that away from me.

It's people like that (and I'm not necessarily including you) who coddle devs and give them **** advice and antagonize everyone with a critical opinion who are a cancer on game development.

The last point is especially significant because this is exactly how niche games lose players: when people have a bad experience with a product, the last thing they want to hear is other people telling them that THEY are the problem. White knighting for devs is the best way the average gamer can kill game sales and usage stats.

I'm convinced at this point that I have to post a negative review of Bannerlord just to karmically balance all of the fanboi cancer.
    Amen Brother, Amen.
  13. Morelen

How was this launched without functioning siege equiptment?

Not launched, thrown from the roof like a flightless bird. No parachute.
    Can't find any better way of wording it actually, you nailed it. I would love to put the 8 years out of the equation, but I just can't. I would laugh if it wasn't so ###### sad. I hope one day, someone will come up with the story of what actually happened with the development. I hope one day some one will explain the current state of their game and why they felt okay with releasing it as it is...seemingly without ever using paid play testers. This is beyond shamefull from TW. Bannerlord is an idea, a very good and ambitious idea...that's about it for now.
  14. Morelen

Bannerlord SP First Reactions: Megathread

After playing Warband for so much time, looking at Bannerlord you can see that except graphical and music detail, everything is not complete. Everything. Game performance sucks and I have a pretty high end PC, can't enjoy large battles, the quests get repetitive, NPCs don't care if you are the lord of anything, they will speak to you as if you are starting out, Balance issues, party speed being so weird it's frustrating to chase down some mere bandits across a third of the map, and the list goes on and on and on.

You people say "wait one month". I'd say wait the entire Early Access. I think I'll wait for that long if it means I will play Bannerlord excitedly and then exit the game happy instead of depressed like I am doing now, because it's... underwhelming. It's not even much of an improved warband. It feels like a graphic lift up + a few features and the rest is.... not there.
    8 years !! This is incredible !
    Ahah.. unacceptable ><. Ahaha, you think they ow you the kind of graphics big AAA studios delivers every year with the same copy-pasted empty games ? Naahh. Graphics are fine my dude, in fact the game looks beautiful. Go play the last AAA game if you play for last generation computer bleeding graphics. Enjoy your 8hours games charged for 80$ that you'll play once in your life cause you're a casual.

And it's far more advanced than a beta dude.. you don't know what you're talking about. STFU, you're just salty cause you're mad and broken as **** and a miserable piece of ****.

Game is running, there is seasons in the game (IF YOU DID NOT NOTICE THE ****ING SNOW).
    "The level of incompetence is beyond imagine " So we'll give you money , a hundred people (with the same amount of knowledge and skills they have) to manage and multiple teams to build, and let's see what you can manage to do in 8 years dude. I can't wait to piss on your work because i found bugs in your Early Access Open Beta release for the first BIG game of your studio (yes, cause they made the other ones with a handful of people).

"it's barely playable" Dude, i got 37H of game right now, both Single and multiplayer, and it's ****ing playable. Sure they were some crashes, but now i can play without any, and i'm on a ****ing laptop ( i7-7700 2.80GHz ; 16G RAM ; GTX 1070). So now please. Let's be realistic. If i can manage to play on a computer like this, it's not the fault of the game if you can't on your communist potato.

Sure the game has some big issues, like the Snowball thing etc. But there is some things that will come later, like the amount of weapons and armours (i think someone stated that there is an issue that some of the gear is locked behind multiplayer or some **** like that).

''So we'll give you money , a hundred people (with the same amount of knowledge and skills they have) to manage and multiple teams to build, and let's see what you can manage to do in 8 years dude.''

DUDE, this is exactly the problem, this studio just has no talented employees or the managing staff doesn't know how to use them.
    DUDE, as a paying customer AND dedicated fans, we were simply expecting alot,, lot more.
    DUDE I am sorry if you are a TW employee, I'm sure you worked hard and hearing some of the negative responses can be heartbreaking but...DUDE, there is no way one can justify the 8 years and the price tag on the game. Sorry. How long are we expect to wait for the game to be final ? Another 8 years ? By the look of it, it's not even that far fetched right now. I just hope TW proves me wrong.
  15. Morelen

It needs to be stated.

My thoughs and concerns, exactly. It's pretty safe to say that, in the 8 years cycle, TW has put no(or very few) resources on play testing or on AI development. 8 years !!! Instead of paying people to test their game, they chose to charge people for it. I am (not so sure anymore) a fan of the serie. Warband is perhaps my favorite game of all time...yet I feel so angry and cheated right now. I don't understand how a company can give itself the luxury of spending sooooo much time and yet achieve so little with it. Let's be honest, this is Mount and blades, all the foundations were there, all the lore was there...what were they doing all this time ? I can't stop feeling very afraid for this studio's future. I cannot forsee it achieve anything on a normal gaming industry timeframe. They either have very few to no talented employee, are extremely poorly managed or are not very honest. These are harsh words but how else can you explain the state of this product if you take into consideration time spent in development ? Whatever the answer, it does not bode well for the future fanbase of the serie. I'm not saying the game is trash, I am probably going to play it alot, I was just expecting so much more, after 8 years.
  16. Morelen

25/07/19 Blog Delayed

Bjorn The Hound said:
    1h7Kp.png

I hope you are well and fine Callum. I just saw this, don't care about devblog right now.

I hope everything is okay with our beloved community manager. take all the time you need Callum . We all can do without blogs from time to time.  Peace to you.
  17. Morelen

Dev Blog 23/05/19

Gab-AG. said:
    Morelen said:
    Gab-AG. said:
    Morelen said:
    Rodrigo Ribaldo said:
    Morelen said:
    I agree with everything you say but IMHO if M&B was SP only, the game would probably already be in our hands and already as good as whatever we will get, whenever we get it.
    That's where you are wrong. The delay is caused by SP entirely. SP is much more work than MP.
    Read this part again:
    Roccoflipside said:
    The SP portion of the game is really what they're working on/what's taken so long. If they were focused on MP that much, they would have already released a version that was MP only. Notice how we're about to have a MP beta, but the only thing we've seen from SP was a 30 minute demo with 1/2 the features not implemented yet. TW's isn't focusing on MP to the detriment of SP, nor is MP the reason we've waited so long. If they wanted to release a MP only game they probably could have done it when they wanted to "get the game in [our] hands sometime this year" (2016).
    And stop pimping MMO games that have nothing on the depth of Mount and Blade, and merely exist to extract money from casuals.
    I read and re-read the txt,  but just because Rocco says so does not necessarily means that it IS so. So far, from what we saw of SP, NOTHING justifies 7 years of development. It's a glorified Warband from what we know. The lore, structures, mechanics, and concepts of the game were already laid out. This is still a good thing and I can't wait to see the final result. I agree that SP should take more dev time than MP but don't tell me MP did not take precious development time, it's just silly.  I'm not pimping anything and I personally have no interest in Conqueror's blade, but that does not mean that a part of the Bannerlords MP crowds can't find any interest in it. We are all different.  What you are saying is that the MP portion of the game takes no dev ressources, that is just no true, especially considering the fact that they probably want to make an E-sport out of it.

Sorry but that's just not true. You said if the game had no multiplayer it would probably be released already, whereas it's completely the opposite. Singleplayer takes way more time to develop just based on the sheer amount of assets and features that need to be created, whereas multiplayer only needs a fraction of that. Perhaps you feel irritated that you cannot play Bannerlord right now, as I imagine most of us are, but blaming multiplayer for it is rather silly.

Jeez ! Why is everything need to be argue over in here ?
    I don't want to get into a fight with you guys but this is getting pretty laughable. :facepalm:

A= time spent on SP
    B= time spent on MP
    C= time needed for release

A= 40
    B= 10

Still following me ?

if C =55
    Then A = Already released. Happy happy joy joy !  Good  :party:
    whereas A + B = Us still waiting. Booo, cry cry , complains and weeping. Bad .  :cry:

If you still want to argue just for the sake of arguing,  go ahead but I'm done.

Do you know how much time exactly was spent on developing multiplayer? And are you able, based on that information, to assume that if multiplayer weren't present the game would be in our hands already? I think not.

No I don't have any of these infos. Only an educated guess. I'll tell you what though, based on the information we have on SP Bannerlord. Lets say the game releases in 2020, as most of us think. Then, assuming that they probably took at least 1 year of MP dev time from the total, the game would indeed be released by now. I think it's safe to assume a 1 year worth of MP dev time at this time, no ?
    But I can't read the future. Maybe the game will release in 2023 ? :smile: What do you think ?

The bottom line is, Bannerlord, as far as we know, is Warband on mild steroids (which is still awesome BTW). Mechanics, concepts and lore where all pretty much done. They need to have a $$$$loads of features hidden from us to justifie that  amount of dev time. That's why I put the blame on the new MP modes. If not, and they put next to no time on the MP like you seem to suggest, then WTF were they doing all this time ?
  18. Morelen

Dev Blog 23/05/19

Gab-AG. said:
    Morelen said:
    Rodrigo Ribaldo said:
    Morelen said:
    I agree with everything you say but IMHO if M&B was SP only, the game would probably already be in our hands and already as good as whatever we will get, whenever we get it.
    That's where you are wrong. The delay is caused by SP entirely. SP is much more work than MP.
    Read this part again:
    Roccoflipside said:
    The SP portion of the game is really what they're working on/what's taken so long. If they were focused on MP that much, they would have already released a version that was MP only. Notice how we're about to have a MP beta, but the only thing we've seen from SP was a 30 minute demo with 1/2 the features not implemented yet. TW's isn't focusing on MP to the detriment of SP, nor is MP the reason we've waited so long. If they wanted to release a MP only game they probably could have done it when they wanted to "get the game in [our] hands sometime this year" (2016).
    And stop pimping MMO games that have nothing on the depth of Mount and Blade, and merely exist to extract money from casuals.
    I read and re-read the txt,  but just because Rocco says so does not necessarily means that it IS so. So far, from what we saw of SP, NOTHING justifies 7 years of development. It's a glorified Warband from what we know. The lore, structures, mechanics, and concepts of the game were already laid out. This is still a good thing and I can't wait to see the final result. I agree that SP should take more dev time than MP but don't tell me MP did not take precious development time, it's just silly.  I'm not pimping anything and I personally have no interest in Conqueror's blade, but that does not mean that a part of the Bannerlords MP crowds can't find any interest in it. We are all different.  What you are saying is that the MP portion of the game takes no dev ressources, that is just no true, especially considering the fact that they probably want to make an E-sport out of it.

Sorry but that's just not true. You said if the game had no multiplayer it would probably be released already, whereas it's completely the opposite. Singleplayer takes way more time to develop just based on the sheer amount of assets and features that need to be created, whereas multiplayer only needs a fraction of that. Perhaps you feel irritated that you cannot play Bannerlord right now, as I imagine most of us are, but blaming multiplayer for it is rather silly.

Jeez ! Why is everything need to be argue over in here ?
    I don't want to get into a fight with you guys but this is getting pretty laughable. :facepalm:

A= time spent on SP
    B= time spent on MP
    C= time needed for release

A= 40
    B= 10

Still following me ?

if C =55
    Then A = Already released. Happy happy joy joy !  Good  :party:
    whereas A + B = Us still waiting. Booo, cry cry , complains and weeping. Bad .  :cry:

If you still want to argue just for the sake of arguing,  go ahead but I'm done.
  19. Morelen

Dev Blog 23/05/19

Rodrigo Ribaldo said:
    Morelen said:
    Read this part again:
    Roccoflipside said:
  20. Morelen

Dev Blog 23/05/19

Roccoflipside said:
    Morelen said:
    Oups...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=20&v=mmBWXNkW0sg

Well, I know it's not exactly the same game genre. Maybe a bit too arcadish for some of us, but for the MP aspect of the game, I feel TW's laid back and carefree approche has finally backfired at them. The competition is here, and it ''looks'' better and more fleshed out already, even though it was non-existent in 2017. All the time (sloooooowly) spent on trying to please the MP crowd and gather more $$$... maybe for nothing in the end.

TW, You should clearly have focus your efforts on the true M&B experience, the SP campaign. M&B games are a ''niche genre'' but You wanted more, saw yourself bigger than you were, bit more than you could chew. Now other studio have zipped pass you without even breaking a sweat. Seriously, I want to feel sorry for you, but in the end, it's partly greed that got you there so no, only anger toward you. Sad.

Can't speak for the rest of the M&B crowd, but Conquerer's Blade holds no interest for me. I get that the concept has similar elements to M&B, but it definitely seems not as interesting to me (you nailed it when you said too arcadey).

Btw, I'm a SP'er and have played MP only a couple times, so it's not like I'm here defending MP or anything.

I agree with everything you say but IMHO if M&B was SP only, the game would probably already be in our hands and already as good as whatever we will get, whenever we get it. Because of the delays, we will get a game that will be dated, visually speaking.  I still think it will be awesome, I just don't think it will be worth the time it took to produce, from a SP player point of view anyways.
Back
Top Bottom