Search results for query: *

1. Will Taleworlds be sponsored by Nvida Amd or Intel?

Hopefully not, we don't need any more sponsorships gimping performance on other company's hardware or "encouraging" devs to optimize only for their hardware.
  2. What do you guys think of a stamina system in Bannerlord?

I think stamina systems can add a good layer of gameplay, but I don't know if any would work well with M&B's system.
  3. Animals in Bannerlord - Can they fight?

Camels don't really have much of a place on the battlefield as they're almost completely eclipsed in battle by horses. They're much more of a pack animal than a fighting animal.

War dogs would be nice to see, but even just adding one extra animal with all it's AI, animations, abilities, and such would be a lot of work for a little benefit.
  4. Do you think that the game is in a releasable state?

There probably won't be a release candidate until a month or two so before launch as there's little need for one until it comes time for release. Until a RC is made, there will likely be small things like the missing/incorrect names and other small things still in development even if the game as a whole is "playable".

That said, small things like missing item names are normally quick and easy to fix so long as you can find them.
  5. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Sir_Newton said:
    Exactly. For pete's sake, how heckin' hard is it to release some flipping screenshots or a blog more often than every 3 months? It's just plain not good business.

Possibly pretty heckin' hard if they have no idea how long they'll need to keep going releasing new information or what things they might have to cut from final release.
  6. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

kalarhan said:
    DanAngleland said:
    I'll make a bet now; if you already have a middle of the range PC it will probably run Bannerlord fine on medium settings.

Medium setting is one thingy. Huge battles is another  :mrgreen:

Look at Native x VC. The DLC lets you use up to 750 troops (if you have a top CPU to handle that), while years ago Native would suffer with 150.
    -> while WB is CPU intensive, I hope/imagine MB3 will be GPU intensive, as are modern games (CPU is so 10 years ago  :razz:)

M&B is CPU intensive because of what it is, you can't just make it GPU intensive instead. Games like M&B that have many units to deal with at one time simply require a lot of CPU power, and the only way to make it less hard on your CPU is to either improve how the game deals with many units (which can only do so much) or get a better CPU that can handle what you throw at it. You see the same type of CPU-bound performance in some RTS games with many units.
  7. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Vault said:
    When can I pre-order? I love these games!

I haven't had time to read up anything yet but i'm stoked. Anyone know if they released system requirements yet? My PC is beat =/

No news on pre-order or release yet, all they've said is that they want it to be playable in some form this year, whether that be a beta or a full release.
  8. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

MOOMO said:
    some people think with thier legs, an normal gpu with 2gb will run the game in high for ultra 4gb will be enough so safe your 1300$
    :smile:

That will depend on your resolution and refresh rate.
  9. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Lumos said:
    On a side note, when it comes to game announcements, we'll be seeing Battlefield 5 tomorrow! :party:

Plus tasty (hopefully) new stuff from Nvidia.
  10. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Đяαкøℵ said:
    Anybody notice how that lake that I encircled with red on the map sort of looks like the black sea? It has a similar shape, down under is a byzantine like faction as irl, in the east there's the khergits (assuming they're based on mongols) as in real life, in the west there's western factions (which were not there, there were slavic peoples to the west of the black sea but I guess its ok) and on the top ( like in real life ) there's a nordic-slavic faction. As in real life. (Kievan Rus')
    wwwimgur.com/ZeJWHAJ

It does a little. Funny timing as I'm watching a documentary on the Crimean war and just had to look up to see a map.

Also, you forgot the first "." in the URL.
  11. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

crodio said:
    Girl on the left looks soo quirky and random!

Hey, she just likes tanks.
  12. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Polycount said:
    I figure it would pretty much work the way War of the Rose's crouch did. The crouch is fast, but you move very slowly whilst in the crouched position. It wasn't low enough that swings aimed at the chest or midsection missed, but swings aimed at the head often did. That would be a pretty cool mechanic for Bannerlord to embrace.

Yeah, it felt really good to see and dodge a strike going for your head.

Ateway said:
    I just wanna be able to unscrew my sword pommel and throw it at the enemy. Any feature beyond that is just some kind of bonus to me.  :roll:

And end bean him rightly.
  13. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Polycount said:
    So, in the interest of staying on topic - Crouching.

Crouching was one of the first things I missed in M&B from other games (however minor it is). It could even be used in combat to help dodge high strikes (I seem to remember doing this in AoC) and reduce your profile to volleys of arrows if you can see them coming in time. 

It would probably need to take time to crouch and stand back up to keep it from feeling silly in a game like M&B, though.
  14. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Brendan13 said:
    Some things I would like to see in Bannerlord (or Mount and Blade 3 :cool:)

snip

Thats all. Someone from Taleworlds please read this it took forever to think of and type.

Isn't the whole game basically a civil war already? With the whole "reuniting Calradia" thing.

Also, I think chariots were mostly obsoleted by armed and armored cavalry and possibly longer spears, both of which we have already, so you'd have to fudge some accuracy for them, but I can't deny they'd be cool.

A lot of super cool (even if some impractical) ideas here, though.
Back
Top Bottom