Search results for query: *

1. Sasquatch_Punter

Better combat animations and weapon physics

Bannerlord's animations and its one-on-one/PvP combat have never been its strengths. These are severely limited by its high character count requirement and the need for efficient physics/animation calcs. Obviously they could develop sp and mp separately, both with their own tailored quality of animations and physics, but that would extend development time considerably.
  2. Sasquatch_Punter

?Gamescom 2019 (20-24 August)

KucukEniste said:
    Varrak said:
    Sanberk said:

edit: developer says that "around %80" after he was asked about the done percentage of the game.

I tried to translate important parts.

This is after 45-50 hours of gameplay.

After conquering a castle you will have a building section. (Some people were asking if this feature were scrapped.)

You can manage enterprises in the city and resources coming from villages.

There aren't boiling oils in the game but you can drop exploading pots on top of enemies after they breached the first door.

They are at %80 . But there are features they want to add, and there are some features to improve.

I hope it helps.

Also wondering what the battle size is set at. There don't seem to be that many soldiers on the field (at least, not as many as I can manage in Warband).
  3. Sasquatch_Punter

Dev Blog 20/12/18

Finally, the game tracks most major events, and if you can remind the Countess that the king you want her to betray murdered her cousin, or passed her over when last handing out fiefs, that will make your task much easier.

This seems pretty cool. Sounds like exploiting feuds between rival lords will be easier. I hope this means past services by your character (ex. rescuing a relative or murdering a feuding noble) will count towards this.

This would be even cooler if there were events that could only be revealed by roguery, ex. you pay someone in the lord's court to tell you about secret feuds, or you hire a spymaster that does this for you.
  4. Sasquatch_Punter

Dev Blog 06/12/18

I can understand the changes made to village management. Here's hoping somebody is quick to mod it back in after release. :party:
  5. Sasquatch_Punter

Roleplaying in Bannerlord

In honour of my first playthrough of WB, I'm going to play a lone adventurer in Aserai lands. That doesn't mean I won't hire troops, just that I won't keep them on as a retinue. I'm going to focus on improving my combat skills and build the deadliest fighter with the deadliest weapons in Calradia, hiring myself out (hopefully) to kings and lords.

How long I stay with that character will depend on how deep the RP'ing system is this time around.
  6. Sasquatch_Punter

Dev Blog 02/08/18

Lol. The hell? You could have just typed "Wait for Gamescom wait for Gamescom wait for Gamescom".

We appreciate the blogs but I think you wasted your time writing this one.
  7. Sasquatch_Punter

Dev Blog 26/04/18

No darts? Shame!
  8. Sasquatch_Punter

Dev Blog 14/12/17

Disciplined infantry will be more likely to stay in formation, and will leave a space for a player in their ranks so you don't get crowded too closely by your allies.

Hey, this sounds new. Formation strength will now change based on the unit's level? So a block of basic spearmen will break faster than a block of veteran spearmen, making them useful for initial cavalry charges but useless in drawn-own melees?

I'd love to hear more about this.

Raganvad, the current Sturgian prince

Current? Please tell me that AI lords can win kingships.
  9. Sasquatch_Punter

Dev Blog 23/11/17

Callum, can we have an update on the Arena? How is that going to work in BL and how will it tie into faction influence, town rep and all that? Will winning a tournament open doors for the player?
  10. Sasquatch_Punter

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Doesn't the Turkish government subsidize Taleworlds? How does that work? Maybe it's encouraging Armagan to drag out development?
  11. Sasquatch_Punter

Sir Mordred said:
    CaptainLee said:
    This presupposes they have removed the previous system rather than having influence to supplement it. Is this the case? I don't know.
    @20m 15s "basically a new currency in the game in addition to money and relation"
    No idea how influence and relations will interact, but certainly sounds like the old relations is still in the game

Iirc relations acts as a modifier for AI behavior and your bargaining power with that person.

So influence is basically an abstract currency that can be spent in diplomacy/bartering along with other things. A lord who hates you will be more likely to raid your village/town, and negotiating a truce will require you to put more value on the table in the form of influence/denars/stuff. I also remember hearing somewhere that your bargaining options will be limited by relations, so a lord who really, really hates you won't even entertain a truce regardless of how much you can offer him.
  12. Sasquatch_Punter

Yabloko said:
    Warband's combat system is solid, intuitive and fun. It's not hard to imagine why it would be popular for multiplayer.

I find it that way in singleplayer. In multi it's a jankfest. Players spam block/attack and come at you feinting like they've got tourettes. I might find a fun match 1 in every 10 games, but most of the time I just wonder why I'm even bothering.

That said, I've never tried the Napoleon expansion.
  13. Sasquatch_Punter

AmateurHetman said:
    Issue I have with the PC gamer screens, that I've just noticed, is that some of them don't seem like the latest build/version of the game.
    In the latest siege gameplay we saw the colour of the banner being displayed on troop's armour/clothing. However these screens show a lot of armour with what I assume to be the default white.

Yeah. Because maybe the banner is white.  :facepalm:
  14. Sasquatch_Punter

warpowerfull said:
    Has anyone discussed that the recruitment of troops seems to have completely changed? It looks like you recruit troops from NPC's and not just villages/towns and it also depends on your relationship with that NPC.

This has me wondering whether player relations with towns/settlements are still a thing.

Will our relation with a settlement still influence how many/what type of troops we can recruit, or has it been distilled to personal relations with special NPCs? Also do other characters have the ability to use these services and are their relationships with these middle men dynamic/influenced by the player?
  15. Sasquatch_Punter

Wulfburk said:
    My bet is they wont make any special feature and just added the forest warfare thing for lore.

Like... Sarranids are specialized in desert warfare arent they? Do they gain bonuses when fighting on deserts? No. And i doubt they will.

Lower your hype everybody. LOWER IT.    DO IT

I thought the Sarranids had better army compositions for desert warfare? Highly mobile light cavalry and mounted archers make better use of the wide open terrain.

For forests you'd need to have a high infantry speed for flanking and big, two-handed axes/swords for chopping through shield walls, plus cavalry that are highly maneuverable and light. Melee would be the main focus of forest "warfare", archers and cavalry distant seconds with melee-capable ranged infantry supporting your heavy melee troops. The Nords, basically.
  16. Sasquatch_Punter

aekilju said:
    I remember reading somewhere they haven't made a Bannerlord section because it would just get full of useless crap like suggestions that no one wants to hear, questions that aren't going to get answered, etc.

heh
  17. Sasquatch_Punter

Is Taleworlds the only dev studio in Turkey? I'd imagine that hiring new coders/programmers/artists/etc. from the area is probably more difficult than it would be over here.

That is, maybe they've had some problems with retaining key talent.
  18. Sasquatch_Punter

TheGreatGold said:
    A discussion just popped up on steam. The OP is saying he has leaked pictures from his friend at METU.
    img_20170119_214008.jpg
    img_20170119_213817.jpg
    img_20170119_213734.jpg
    There's even something like BL followed by a number.
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/261550/discussions/0/141136086916780854/?tscn=1484853018

Fishnet greaves confirmed?
  19. Sasquatch_Punter

Vraelomon said:
    Alright, lets see.
    40GB of bannerlord multiplied by 1024 gets us 40960 MB. Divide that by 4.35 and get 9416.09195 seconds of downloading. Divide that by 60 for 156.934865ish minutes. That means I'm only downloading for a little over 2 and a half hours, at otpimal speeds. That's not too bad.  :party:

The download won't be anywhere near that, just saying.
  20. Sasquatch_Punter

Duke88 said:
    four years its been

Patient we must be. Yes! MHHHHM!
Back
Top Bottom