Search results for query: *

1. SP Fantasy [WB] A Game of Thrones

Romanfighter1 said:
    Love the mod, but the game will randomly crash to desktop and the game is not working error pops up, any suggestions on how to fix it?.

You can find the answer on this website.

If that doesn't help, check with the thread of the Mod you actually downloaded.
  2. SP Fantasy [WB] A Game of Thrones

Bloodraven said:
    So maybe the first thing to do, would be to improve communication and organization. Communicate the concept and what needs to be done, and then delegate the task to those who are able and willing to do it.

this is how we worked on TLD, especially late in the stages when we realized we would get nowhere without a reorganization. Here is a sample of our "Plan" thread where tasks were delegated.

Graphics
    Mirkwood update
    jobwho's doing itstatuscomments
    Mirkwood armorsDaBladeDone
    Mirkwood helmetsgiles, FaradonDone
    Mirkwood shieldsDaBlade, octoburnDone
    Mirkwood weaponsDaBlade, octoburnDone

Harad update
    jobwho's doing itstatuscomments
    Harad armorsgiles, Triglavdone
    Harad helmetsgiles, DaBlade, TriglavcDone
    Harad shieldsgiles, octoburn, TriglavDone
    Harad weaponsPetrovski, octoburn, MerlkirDone
    Harad horsesTriglavDone

etc. etc.

when something new was brought up, we added it to the table, and whoever was willing and able to do it put their name in, and updated how down it was every once in a while.

without this organization, we never would have gotten done, which is why this mod concerns me.
  3. SP Fantasy [WB] A Game of Thrones

Epicrules said:
    Edit: Also why is House Piper's sigil on it?

Piper's reside in Pinkmaiden. Pinkmaiden is in the Riverlands. This is a Riverlands troop (though not necessarily in the Trident.)

Could we not employ the tableau/heraldry system to overlay the proper sigil, given the troops House, or to randomly use Riverlands sigils?
  4. SP Fantasy [WB] A Game of Thrones

Count of Flanders said:
    Probably off raiding some poor riverlands village.

Wouldn't that be Gregor, not Sandor? :wink:

Count of Flanders said:
    On a different, more on-topic note, I present quite proudly, some hardy riverlands veterans:

trident.png

Looking great. Though I have to dispute the validity of Crusader's Cross in Westeros. Wouldn't the Seven-pointed star be more appropriate?
  5. SP Fantasy [WB] A Game of Thrones

Owen Wulfson said:
    That is great, if you could contact Hunterwolf (who I believe is in charge at the moment) you should get word back in a day or two I believe.

Done and done :smile: He got back with me already. Sent some of my work from TLD as examples of my work. Crossing my fingers...
  6. SP Fantasy [WB] A Game of Thrones

Hi there. I have been working faithfully with The Last Days mod for years (since 2006) and, being a huge SoIaF fan (as well as the show), am very interested in helping this mod with models. I have done many of the models currently in TLD, mostly weaponry (swords, axes, bows, etc.) as well as shields, helmets and scene props. I am not that good at making new armors, but I have done modifications to existing armors. I am not that great of a texturer, unless it's very simple (scene props I can usually texture, and things like wood or leather shields; for weapons I usually use photos). if interested, let me know. if you need references, I can show screens of TLD models I have done.
  7. Pangaea, 2010?

ejnomad07 said:
    You're right. I was thinking more Vaalbara and juxtaposed the two. I guess that geography would be a bit more fun. Although assuming plate tectonics ceased after that erosion over that long of time would have made them pretty flat.

I'm not sure about the erosion point. The Appalachians were formed before Pangaea, along ith a range in northern Africa (which I forget the name) and they are both still prominent ranges.

Also, the longest in the world right now, is under water. The trans-oceanic range. Look it up. In pangaea, before the breakup, I imagine it would have been a very prominent mountain range.
  8. Pangaea, 2010?

Urlik said:
    it is a hypothetical situation based on there being no tectonic plates shifting, so there would be no mountain ranges caused by plates smashing into each other (regardless of what happens in the real world)

actually, if plates never moved, Pangaea would never have formed. so, technically, it's based on if the plates stopped moving when Pangaea was formed.
  9. Post your Short-stories here!

Tiberius Decimus Maximus said:
    Anyways, the first chapter is coming up alright. Writing from a 4 year old's perspective is a bit of a challenge, though, because I don't really remember how articulate my thought was at that age. So he may appear more... logical than your average 4 year old, so your advice would be appreciated.

you'd be surprised how perceptive a four-year old can be. my daughter just turned four. last year, we went camping, and a few blocks from the house realized we forgot pillows. we turned around in a fast-food parking lot and went back to get the pillows. a good 6 months later, I was going to the grocery store and missed my turn. turned around in the same fast-food parking lot. what does she say? "dad, did you forget pillows?"

quite observant are the little ones :grin:
  10. Pangaea, 2010?

actually, there would likely be mountains. Pangaea wasn't the first supercontinent, and was formed from two other supercontinents: Laurasia and Gondwanaland. so there was geological, seismic actions that created Pangaea. most mountain ranges would have been created by previous activity. not to mention many mountains/valleys created by glacier movement, which I would think would still be active. the main exception I could see is the Himalayas, seeing as India never crashed into Asia.
  11. Pangaea, 2010?

Okay, this is basically a theoretical/hypothetical question. What would the world be like if Pangaea never broke up? This isn't taking into account the "worst-case" scenario, for us; that mankind would have never appeared. what if we lived on the super-continent of Pangaea? Would the world be...
  12. TLD (The Last Days, LOTR mod) for M&B 1.011 Scenes Preview - updated

StrikerSmith said:
    I don't like the strategy of letting fans wait months till next preview or news. Same strategy is used by Dice/EA for Battlefield 1943, and what happens? People getting uninterested to it.

oh nos. so no one will buy our game when we release it?? :sad: that's a shame.

oh, wait. it's a mod. not a game.

StrikerSmith said:
    But, TLD is a mod, that's different. But I would suggest to post more often screens, perhaps 1 per week or so :wink:

every week? seriously?

we actually want there to be surprises.
  13. SP Sci-Fi 2132 - [dead]

as I already said, likely a release for 1011 first, then a simple port to warband, with some special battles thrown in MP.

and yeah, if you're looking for vehicles and all that, LW would be "better". Rize is doing a great job over there, no disrespect to him.

honestly, if I wanted to do robots and space battles, I would have started an ExoSquad mod (which is what I originally wanted to do- but decided against it) with E-Frames and such. I considered trying to do stuff like tanks, vehicles, etc. in the 2132 universe as well, but eventually decided I wanted to have the game focused mostly on simple infantry warfare, which I think is unique to the "space mods" out there. 2132 has a linear storyline, rather than "sandbox" gameplay. the mods have different aims, so I'd stray from saying one is "better" than the other.
  14. SP Sci-Fi 2132 - [dead]

dark_blade said:
    is this still alive?

yes.

panzermaster said:
    its a big topic don't want to find my answer so ill ask.
    Warnad won the poll, but will it get ported to M&B by any chance?

I'll likely release it for M&B first. most of the TLD members don't have Warband yet (some of us took a vow of celibacy until TLD is released :razz: )
  15. MP Fantasy [WB] Khazad-dûm (Banner added!)

my bad. you've seen one out of 50+ orc/uruk armors we have.

here ya go.

and stop spamming faradon's thread :wink:
  16. MP Fantasy [WB] Khazad-dûm (Banner added!)

ah yes, there was that one. and it wasn't even in game :razz:
  17. MP Fantasy [WB] Khazad-dûm (Banner added!)

I'm pretty sure we haven't released any pics of the new orcs yet. Triglav made new ones a while back, we decided to keep them all under wraps until release, along with some otehr stuff :wink:. the ones in the old preview thread were made by Aw, and no one else had them. they disappeared with him :sad:
  18. Troop Types

I'm pretty sure that archers are defined by having "guarantee_ranged" flag and cavalry by "guarantee_horse" flag.

Of course, this could be something completely new for warband, which I don't have yet :razz:
  19. SP Sci-Fi 2132 - [dead]

Kazzan said:
    Hm... Well changing scenes would work depending on how you want to do it, you can pretty much change everything in the multiplayer, but i think that if you had a item that would have to be used at the end of each "level" you are victorious, or something like that., would be possible, or you just have to kill all bots or whatever opponents.

So, I could do a series of "quests" that would advance in a linear progression in multiplayer?

It still might be better to do the main game in singleplayer, and put some battles in MP.
Back
Top Bottom