Search results for query: *

• Users: vtz
  • Order by date
  1. Adding Master of the field to a multiplayer mod

Yup.

Regarding source code of the admin tools used in competitive matches, I don't think they are open source - there are no other (forum-legal) ways of obtaining the source, but the changes you are looking to make are fairly trivial anyways (assuming The Deluge didn't change too much about the base parts):
    - For the timer, you literally just need to find the right number and change it to your liking.
    - For the flag spawn location, there is a store_random_in_range somewhere selecting the point out of 3 possibilites - at that point, just introduce a new (global) variable, store the selected location in it and then in the next round, see if the randomized location is the same as in the previous round - if so, reroll/reassign it. [Been a while since I looked at the admin tools but pretty sure it was done like this]

As for actually editing source code, any editor you like will do - some people will recommend gold ol' Notepad++, Visual Studio Code, Sublime Text, etc. - pick what you like/know. Apart from a text editor, you will need python2.x installed - for that (and other modding basics), I suggest you take a look at this guide.
    This looks promising, thank you again! The guide will certainly be a good place to get started.

Master of the Field (MotF) flags spawn in places pre-defined by a scene (in-game "map" in non-modding terms) maker on Entry Points as follows: 66, 67, 68. Adimi Tools is an open-source modification which allows its users to spawn the MotF flags at a given time. All one has to do is adapt the feature to one's own needs through merging and adjusting some scripts. I suggest you contact The Deluge's authors to obtain the source code of it, but I think it is unlikely that you will be bestowed with it; the mod is quite old and its developers have left the modding scene without sharing their scripts. Without the source code, you will not be able to do anything. I also think that Adimi Tools has the features you are looking for, especially with respect to MotF flags. Good luck.

Thanks, I'll check that, that Adimi Tools might turn out to be better than just pure editing of the source code. As of recieving the source code, that friend of mine still has contact with one of Deluge dev (who I think was main dev for a long time) Deadalus/Slawomir of Aargh so I have hope for getting it :grin:
  2. Adding Master of the field to a multiplayer mod

Possible? Yes.

With module source code? Very, since there is code available doing what you want already - you'd just have to merge it.
    Without it? Not impossible, but close to it, especially with no prior experience.

Knowing Python, IMO, only rarely helps modding M&B Warband, and won't do anything for you in this case.
    Alright, thanks a lot for your help.

So as far as I understand your post (again, I'm a complete newbie here), I'd have to:

1. Get access to module source code from the mod's devs,
    2. Extract the code responsible for master of the field from WNL version (e.g.) of Native,
    3. Merge them into one code,
    4. Upload that code into a server.

Is that correct?

Points 2-3 seems to require some technical skills that I don't have and will have to learn, point 4 seems easy enough for me already since I've been setting server for Deluge already.

If I'm correct with those points I'd have more questions, not exactly to you, Namakan, but again to whoever would be so kind to answer: how do I access the source code of WNL version of Native (or whatever version that has masters work the way I want them to) and what tools I need to open and edit source codes?

Again, cheers to anyone willing to help!
  3. Adding Master of the field to a multiplayer mod

Hello there, There is a Polish multiplayer mod called The Deluge. My friends and I have been organizing events and tournaments in this mod for 4 years now and there's this issue with master of the field flags. As far as I know, in the past it was the case in Native too. The issue is that...
  4. "Battle of Chocim 1621 A.D." - Historical event (24.05.2020)

1. Name of the regiment: Gallóglaigh
    2. What unit you want to take in the event:
    [Available]Moldavian regiment (1 officer ,1 standard bearer ,13 kazindzis)
    3. Leader’s contact, Steam / TS
    : https://steamcommunity.com/id/vtzSnorri
    4. Banner in game
    MQhcI21.png
  5. The Deluge Historical event - Battle of Lutzen (07.03.2020)

1. Name of the regiment: Gall óglaigh
    2. What unit you want to take in the event: 1st Swedish infantry quadrangle (1 officer + 9 mercenary musketeers + 5 mercenary pikemen)
    3. Leader’s contact, Steam / TS
    :

4. Banner in game:

Gy6Glw6.png
  6. Is there a chance that denmark will be added to this mod?

The goal of adding new units is adding new features, new playstyles on clanwars, and possibly, new game mechanics -- not adding new fancy uniforms. Sorry, but it's not Napoleonic Wars, and a new faction is supposed to be distinct from others and to offer new playstyles. There has long been a problem of HRE being better than Sweden at every aspect, and it has been fixed in the latest patch in which Sweden received improved accuracy.
    If you wish that Denmark be added to The Deluge, suggest some new pieces of equipment that Denmark would have, or new units that will actually be unique, not a copy of existing ones. Denmark wouldn't be bad as a new faction, but only if it's at least in several ways distinct from HRE and Sweden :wink:

EDIT: I've just read about the firearm you gave the link to and it sounds very interesting. With lowered accuracy, high chance of a misfire due to complicated mechanism, and a limit of one per team on a clanwar, it would probably be a balanced musket, worthy of being added to the game. That's one unique features Denmark could get. Let's get some more and then Denmark will actually become a unique faction that can be added into the mod  :grin:
  7. The Duke of York and Albany's Saturday Event

Regiment Name: Gall óglaigh
    Regiment Leader's Steam Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/vtzSnorri
    Preferred Class: Infantry
    Nation Preference: Sweden, Muscovy
    Expected attendance: ~6
    Have you read & understood the rules?: Yes, but some of them look difficult to be carried into effect :razz:
    Will you be attending this event regularly?: I'd only like to sign up for today's event for now
  8. Can we make more players come and play?

Yeah, you can surely create one. I can help with organising it if you wish, and I'll also invite some friends who'd like to play Vikingr to it
  9. Vikingr is NOT dead event | Temporarily stopped (more info in the thread)

Sorry for a late reply. As far as I remember, there wasn't an event since the Community Vikingr release, but I guess that we could bring it back, at the beggining in the form of a public play without any special game modes, just to see if people are still interested. I would only need to adjust my Warband server to work on Vikingr. Once I'm ready I'll inform about it here, as well as in the event steamgroup
  10. GF Tournament - Brackets & Results topic

Gall óglaigh vs CCS (from the next round)
    Saturday, 6:00 gmt
    Muzg will referee if he isn't asked to referee a different match
  11. GF Tournament - Brackets & Results topic

The NWSsie vs PRC match was to be played at 8:00 (gmt) on Sunday. As I'm supposed to be the referee, it's my fault that I didn't post it before, but I hope the match can still be played on that hour.

Edit: NWSsie won 9:1
    fTg6E5S.jpg
  12. GF Tournament - Brackets & Results topic

CCS won 9:1 against ChL (Muzg refereed)
    UpCg2rw.jpg

Hakkapeliter vs Galloglaigh (from previous week) will take place on Saturday, 5:00 gmt. We are still looking for a referee.
    EDIT: Galloglaigh won 7:3.

hIoQizu.jpg

ChR vs ChL - Sunday, 7:00 gmt
    ChR won 9:1
    AFnHrrt.jpg
  13. GF Tournament - Brackets & Results topic

ChL 10:0 PRC (walkover)

TWFDNGO.jpg
  14. GF Tournament - Brackets & Results topic

ChL vs CCS
    Sunday 7:00 pm GMT
  15. GF Tournament - Brackets & Results topic

Galloglaigh vs Hakkapeliter match will take place at 6:30 gmt on Sunday, we weren't able to find a referee yet.
  16. GF Tournament - Brackets & Results topic

DKR 3:7 Galloglaigh
    bSc9WzX.jpg

Bartan was the referee, because there was no signed referee on-line.
  17. GF Tournament - Brackets & Results topic

JanuszTeam 5:5 DKR
    lvXAGf4.jpg

CCS 10:0 Ardeal
    ojfBqQY.jpg
  18. GF Tournament - Brackets & Results topic

NWSsie vs Dobrzy Gracze resulted in a 10:0 win for NWSsie.

IMj7t98.jpg
  19. GF Tournament - Brackets & Results topic

I'd like to reserve the server for 8:00 pm today for HITMEN vs DKR match.

EDIT:

HITMEN won 8:2 against DKR. Unfortunately, I don't have a screenshot, but Muzg watched and recorded the match, so I hope this can serve as proof.
  20. 1st Deluge GROUPFIGHTING TOURNAMENT

EDIT: members update
    EDIT2: another update
    EDIT3: another update

1. Team name:
    Gall óglaigh

2. In-game tag:
    Galloglaigh_nick

3. Full list of members:
    1. vtz
    2. Szowek
    3. Derrick Cassel