Search results for query: *

1. Grocat

TLD (The Last Days, LOTR mod) for M&B 1.011 Info

I'm sooooo old now.  I never thought I'd see the day.  Truly.  Well done.  As someone who hasn't played this game in years, all of my expectations for a beta have been surpassed.  Thanks for all of the things.

-Grocat the Eponymous Dish Defiler
  2. Grocat

TLD Christmas Preview (With Music)

Purrrrrfect....

-Grocat
  3. Grocat

The Last Days v2.4 (for .808) ---Next Release Date Unknown!

Right, not the best place for it I suppose. :smile:  Still, in answer to your questions.  It is the only version, and I can play .808 Native just fine.  :???:

@ Amman - I activated it, and can play .808 just fine.  Just not TLD... :smile:  And besides, Level 6 isn't the problem, I can't get past second two in TLD.

I'll carry this on to MDX though.

Thanks!

-Grocat
  4. Grocat

Man...I just did the oddest thing.  I wouldn't call myself an idiot when it comes to computers, but I'm not completely proficient either.  So...when I am on my old computer, I just click the icon that says M&B and then select The Last Days, and it takes forever and I am super bored while things load, then have lots of fun for a little while, then accidentally click that I want to walk around a town and sit there for another minute and so on.  So, I thought to myself, aloud, why don't I just do a clever thing and a grab the program files where I saved The Last Days and M&B .808 and put them on my flash drive, and then...when no one is watching, put them on my new computer, which is much faster and has a dedicated video card...well...I did!  So...I did the thing where I manually activated my game...and it should all be working...and it does...man, it loads so much faster...only...once my little icon guy appears...I can do everything normal, except walk anywhere for more than a second, at which point my little icon guy disappears from the face of the map, and I can no longer click on anything but Quests, and the only other screen I can get to is the Main Menu.  I normally would not be too troubled by this, I figure my little guy can handle himself, but...apparently he is still walking somewhere and there is time passing, and I didn't put any food in his food slot...so, my fellow is starving out there somewhere.  Anyway, I was wondering if there is some obvious important file that I am missing that is causing this unusual behavior...or something else that someone more computer proficient would be able to suggest.

I am kind of assuming this has something to do with The Last Days, or version .808...since 1.011 works pretty normally.

Thanks.

-Grocat the Bewildered and Enthused
  5. Grocat

The difference between men and women...

Both male and female confederates were rated as equivalent in attractiveness by the opposite sex.  Honestly, men are just horn dogs...science proves it.

-Grocat
  6. Grocat

The difference between men and women...

Men tend to be slightly larger than women, this is because we are omnivorous and have to travel frequently in order to obtain food, as opposed to Gorillas which can sit in one spot for long periods of time with a single male (twice as large as females) and a harem of females.  While it might be nice to have a harem, unfortunately it sucks for the chicks, because without competition the Male gorilla has a 2 inch penis and produces very little sperm.

That is another difference...men have much smaller gonads than women, although this is true across all species (by definition).

Another difference is that women have to bear a parasite for 9 months while pregnant, requiring much greater cost to reproduce than for a male...this causes women to be choosier than men.  In a recent study, confederates asked random opposite sex participants in a city one of three questions.  The first was, would you go on a date with me?  Men and women replied about equally with 50% saying yes.  The second was, would you like to come up to my apartment?  Men answered at about 70% yes, and women answered at around 20% yes.  The third question was, will you have sex with me?  80% of men said yes, 0% of women said yes.

These are just some of the amazing differences between women and men.

-Grocat
  7. Grocat

TLD preview

Recruiting Nazgul seems a bit silly to me, but it would be pretty awesome if they would occasionally lead hosts.

-Grocat
  8. Grocat

Who would you ban?

Ban anyone who marks their gender as female in their profile or ever pretends to be female.  That would reduce the number of liars.  And, it might make a few people act less like idiots.

-Grocat
  9. Grocat

Who knew my endowments would prevent me from being evil?

-Grocat the Well Chagrined
  10. Grocat

Hmm...I guess I always got the impression that it was viable for men to become evil and join Sauron's forces...I mean, Saruman did it, why couldn't Grocat the Massively Hung?

-Grocat the Massively Hung
  11. Grocat

True, but I would imagine it would be possible to limit the option to humans only.  But you're right, even with humans it could be awkward.

-Grocat
  12. Grocat

Huh, I thought Race decided your faction...that is, once you choose Orc, Uruk-hai, Elf, etc. then you are given the option for which factions you can join.  If you were a man in version 1.011, it might be nice to be able to leave the good side and join the evil, or the other way around.  I mean, I'm happy with the way things are, but, 1.011 generally seems to allow the player to become a bit more mercenary.

-Grocat
  13. Grocat

Herzeleid said:
    Wainwright said:
    @ Herzeleid
    I already had 1.011 installed and put the .808 version into a new destination/ folder. I just named it Mount&Blade Old.  :razz:
    Then I installed TLD into the module folder of Mount&Blade .808.
    This way you'll have both versions.

Thanks for the replies, guys.  I had tried to do an install of 808 in another folder before I posted that, but it was still giving me the same error.  I've finally just uninstalled all versions of M&B and reinstalled only 808, and it seems to be working now.  :mrgreen:  Thanks again.

Good man!  .808 is the only one you need.

-Grocat the Ambidextrous Grape Provider
  14. Grocat

Ladies on the mount and blade

And my favorites!

"Sorry"
    "Wow, that's never happened before"
    "Whoops, wrong one"
    and
    "I'm going in!!!!"

-Grocat
  15. Grocat

Star Wars Conquest Mod for M&B 1.x and M&B Warband

This big beautiful mod has delighted me so far.  I did have one concern that I figure has probably already been mentioned, but I thought I'd go ahead just in case.  Chewie probably doesn't deserve to be called "Madame" when being addressed.  I feel kind of bad calling him a woman to his face, mainly because I fear being torn limb from limb.  Anyway, this mod has been so much fun, and I love seeing Star Wars Mod become what I could only dream of it being when I first started.  I congratulate the dev team, and can't wait to see more.

Anyway, if I find anything else that I haven't seen mentioned during my casual perusal of this thread, I'll let you guys know.

-Grocat the Former Sith Lord
  16. Grocat

While waiting for Mount & Blade Warband!!

DOTA
    Heroes of Might And Magic 3
    M&B .808 (TLD)

-Grocat the Faceless Void
  17. Grocat

Who are these banned/muted/warned people? (Discussion thread links in OP)

Huh, must be relatively new.  It reminds me of the Hall of Shame, only marginally less cruel.

-Grocat the Elevator Protection System
  18. Grocat

Who are these banned/muted/warned people? (Discussion thread links in OP)

Sorry, if figure this could possibly be relevant to this topic, but I'm obviously not sure, hence my soon to be asked question.

Why do some people have "Watched!" in green beneath their avatars and information?  Is that some indicator that this person has been warned or is close to being banned?  Given the people with them under their names, it would make sense.

-Grocat the Watcher in the Water
  19. Grocat

Forum titles

I got my custom title for...who knows?  It's obviously referring to my devotion to the Shetland Pony that comes with the default avatars. But, why I actually got it?  I couldn't tell you.

Mr. 3.5 inches got his Custom title for posting a joke about having a microdick.  It wasn't really something he wanted, I think anyway.

Ancientwanker's he got for being the main modder for The Last Days (A Lord of the Rings mod).

Most have some significance, but it's really a matter of whim.  I think a lot of people got them because they were posting in a topic about this very thing, and since the subject of custom titles was made salient to the Admins, they went on a naming spree.

-Grocat the Ignominious Little Pony 
  20. Grocat

Oh Melkir, why do you spurn him so?  He only wants you love.  :lol:

But, you're absolutely right.  I'm looking forward to the new thread.

-Grocat
Back
Top Bottom