Search results for query: *

• Users: SOku
  • Order by date
  1. SOku

Beta Patch Notes v1.1.0

I have to say it's pretty nice to see the forum almost in unison, giving credit when credit is due.
    My small contribution: very nice patch indeed, congratulations.
  2. SOku

Please support the Console version!

This.

Not to mention Arma Reformer, Flight Simulator, Elder Scrolls, Fallout, etc.

As to a previous post about the fact that console was a cash grab. In response I don't believe this because I believe they did so to also bring the game to consoles to have a wider player base and a bigger community - not just because it was profitable.

Having a wider playerbase and a bigger community is ... having more profits in the end.
    It's just simply economics 101.
    I doubt they released the console version just for having more users on their Discord Server, don't you ?
  3. SOku

Breaking News: TaleWorlds New H.Q. Building Revealed After Huge Bannerlord Success

I was on the same boat, saying that it would be very surprising not to see any mod manager for consoles, little I knew the game was going to be shipped on last gen consoles ( that is PS4 / One ).
    Here it's much more difficult to mod it, not impossible per se, you can find a lot of mods on Xbox One especially on BGS games, Sony specifically stated they don't like mods, so you basically get fewer mods, much fewer for a very popular game such as Skyrim.
    However given the newer consoles ( Series / PS5 ) are basically a 2021-2022 PC, it was on the realm of the possible to see mods from PC there.
  4. SOku

Breaking News: TaleWorlds New H.Q. Building Revealed After Huge Bannerlord Success

Offft I'm not sure about this now. After that reply from TW to that guy's tweet about modding not being available to console players, Reddit, Steam and other platforms have blown up in rage.

Never expected mods to be available to concole but to ANNOUNCE that they won't be this close to release via a tweeted reply. Well....that's just some dumb or calculated BS that I'm sure the concole community will repay in favour by not paying for half a game.

Out of curiosity I went there to see what was the fuss or the general feeling around Reddit.
    Boy oh boy ... It takes a giant amount of skill to destroy what was seen as a much happier consensus among players there, I even saw a massively upvoted thread screenshotting someone from this very forum against TW's promises.
  5. SOku

Patch Notes e1.8.0

Troops spawn all willy nilly in places that are often infested with enemies at the time they spawn, causing them to get wasted before they can reach their assigned positions.
    how would an increased cap help? : I'm guising SO there won't be any reinforcement because everything is deployed.
    I think a GOOD solutions would be 1 option to turn off own reinforcement, we often don't need them and don't want troops spawning in and being wasted by enemies surrounding them. 2 A Flag you set on the battle field (default could be back of map on your side) where troops spawn or move to after spawning at the back of the map.

The goal being your troops don't spawn into a harmful situation and go to waste. It's astounding and concerning to all players that after "upgrading" the reinforcement system some updates ago , units can still spawn surrounded by enemies (or far ahead of you in the siege map lol). This should be an obvious problem to anyone who played it, even at basic playing skill and comprehension.

Regarding your 1st point, allow me to expand a little bit on this : this could work most of the time from early game to mid game but to me the bread and butter of Bannerlord is also multi-layered / multi-armies battles, while it's understandable that you as a Lord don't want X more soldiers behind your back, it's much more an hassle when you see your Allies getting waves of 100-200 soldiers slaughtered for nothing.
    I have to concede the experience of " giant battles " is simply underwhelming by this single aformentioned issue.

I fully agree about the rest though, especially since we have an aerial camera before the battles nowadays, it would be a piece of cake to drop a flag or two on the scenes.
  6. SOku

Patch Notes e1.8.0

At least some official information about the console version, more video stuff (banners, how do they work)???

But nope, EA PC peasants are not even worth this...

"The pc peasants in our forum are "rioting"?"
    "And? Ignore them, we already have their money *evil laugh"

« Qu'ils mangent de la brioche ! »
  7. SOku

Consoles

Load Skyrim on you PS3 orPS4 or switch, go install some mods, have fun.... you won't because they're crap or non-existent.

Nobody cares about xbox. Nobody will make mods "just for xbox".

You're missing the point, nobody is going to make mods " just for Xbox ", but you have a high degree of interopability between plateforms now.
    So there is a high chance of having a sleek experience betweens mods on PC and consoles, heck the PS3 had a whole different architecture than a PC, it was a very different task, and Sony doesn't like it anyway.

I rather said on my very first message that I was talking about Xbox, you should have a look at the mods available there or read me carefully before talking about this subject.
  8. SOku

Consoles

It's common knowledge that console companies vet and are picky about what mods you can install (via there own support/systems) so you end up with only milquetoast and superficial mods and few of them. You might be able to get "lol pink horse armor" and "OMEGA ANIME SWORD LOL" mods, but never anything like the heavy mods needed to fill out Bannerlord and overwrite it's flaws.

Where did you see that ? Because surely the one causing problems is Sony not Microsoft who have a rather an open-minded approach.
    The current consoles are basically a PC, with the exact same architecture than any desktop you can find, arguably more powerful than most of your PCs right now.

So again, let me ask where did you see that common knowledge, I'm not talking about the Dreamcast or the PS3 era here.

I don't think hardly anyone bought the console version. The overlap of people who own a console but not a PC these days is practically nil, and you can play warband on anything. The console subforum for warband has been dead ever since it got created.

I doubt console Bannerlord will be any different.

Warband definitely released too late, hate it or not but people also judge a game by it's graphical attractiveness before investing time on it, Warband didn't make it for obvious reasons.
    Bannerlord, while being a niche game would be vastly different, reading forums here and there, a lot of people are looking forward to finally play this game, there was a lot of hype from console players when the EA kicked in, if anything the way TW delivered their promises can mitigate the hype for some players but I'm sure it can have some success here.
  9. SOku

Consoles

Given the fact that a non modded bannerlord is kinda lame what do you thing TW sould charge on console release?I would like to hear from guys not playing with mods.Is it even bearable?

Where did you see that the console port would refuse any moddability ? Furthermore, it was possible to mod a game on last gen console, quite substancially on Xbox One, ( just have a look at the tremendous amount of mods you could install on Skyrim, on a 2013 arguably ****ty hardware ) it would be no different from any PC with today's hardware.
  10. SOku

Statement regarding Singleplayer IV

Are they any plans to have an Alliance system ( "many-to-many" wars ) in the future ?

Thats sad, i guess i have to keep playing in english than. :sad:

There is still a chance to get a mod if one of your fellow Hungarian or Hungarian community is dedicated enough to make a mod, my own language was very popular right after Bannerlord first came out, long before TW's own implementation.
    Worth checking imo, even though the chances are small.
  11. SOku

Statement regarding Singleplayer IV

Very good, it surely looks promising !

A good list of changes; a little disappointed to hear diplomacy won't be (currently) getting much of a look in. Even a basic Alliance system would add alot of value

Well, I was about to say this ... this this.
    I'm looking forward creating alliances and having many-to-many wars, it would add so much depth on the Diplomacy part of the game, and further unlock many possibilities of gameplay. It's a complete no-brainer to truly enjoy that part of the game.

For now, I believe, without further input from TW themselves that it would make too much havoc on the Simulation AI if it was implemented.
  12. SOku

Beta Patch Notes e1.7.2

If it wasn't about that absurd delay on Starfield though.
  13. SOku

Is the opinion which there is so many new players introduced to M&B series with Bannerlord a myth?

While I agree Bannerlord has things to learn from Warband. It's a little ironic don't you think?

Afterall bannerlords player count is consistently a massive improvement over warband; even during Warband height;

PXtQZ6a.png

Aside from 2 surges in playercounts; Warband averaged around 10-12k players consistently for a decade. Bannerlord (even after all this EA period); averages around 20k.

There are plenty of reasons to suggest Bannerlord is a lesser sibling to Warband; but playercount can hardly be listed as one of them.

Adding to some interesting points raised above, one should also compare the number of players that were on Steam during Warband's reign, and the number of players on Steam today, which I believe skyrocketed especially after the pandemic, and skews further the validity of those raw datas.
    What I mean by that, is 10k concurrent players in 2012-2013 could be a much higher figure relatively than let's say in 2022 for obvious reasons.
  14. SOku

Beta Patch Notes e1.7.2

I'm surprised they don't pick 4-5 of the most experienced players here, Zoom Call it, make a test version through NDA to figure things out so we may have a voice or two on this issue.
    Reminder this is an early access, it's completely a no-brainer to listen to the community.

I'm a backer of many projects that function like this more or less, even released small indie games make a poll UI inside the game so we can vote for a feature to be implemented ( Thinking about InfraSpace here )
  15. SOku

Beta Patch Notes e1.7.2

Are you surprised? This has been going on for over a decade.

The saddest thing is I'm not surprised at all. By the time we can see substancial changes in this game, Starfield ( next BGS game ) will be out.
    I'm not surprised, but at this point I would expect something to grab, like a roadmap or a " we are working on it to inprove the formula " kind of thing.
    This, is astonishing.
  16. SOku

Beta Patch Notes e1.7.2

Exactly. I want to be supportive of TaleWorlds, but this rate of output is just pathetic. I honestly think they might have shifted some Bannerlord staff onto another project.

I didn't post here for a while, it's fair to say it's astonishing to see nothing have changed, either from the general feeling of the bravest fans here, and the deliveries from TW.
    The last proper roadmap we got was in the end of the last summer if I'm not mistaken, and this summer is arriving at a fast pace.
    I don't know what to think.
  17. SOku

Fortified Settlements

At this stage, suggestions probably can't be about what is 'doable', but rather how quickly and easily they can be done. How easy is it to rationalise one of our 'wants' on top of the existing development timelines and responsibilities (= development costs).

We've been successful with suggestions in the past where the solution might only require 5 lines of code. But an entirely new party type, while certainly good and helpful, might not be achievable. I feel the same about suggestions of having palisades in villages for defence - they've been working on maps for years, it seems unlikely they'd be interested in going back and doing them all again, no matter how compelling the experience case might be.

That's what I meant by doable in that context. Sorry my English is poor sometimes.
    And yeah I agree with you, totally.

Interesting suggestion but not sure is desperately needed in the current version of the game but more as a nice add on-

Well for sure there are some upper priorities, but I think this one has it's fair share to defend. And honestly that's just a tidbit of my suggestion I'm thinking about, but procrastinating hard to make a proper topic.
    To give a little bit of context, my first character is around 62 or so, she has a bunch of children full grown, and I just can't see what would I do with those.
    I have a feeling the devs didn't bother adding this use-case for now as they ( rightly so in my opinion ) focused on early game to mid-game features to add. Not saying my case is unique per se, but it feels like I'm in a dead-end, I just have nothing to do with it, and that's exactly how I started to think how they could expand on that.
    So I started to specialize them, one being a merchant, one a soldier, one a Quatermaster and so on ... and then comes the Roguery. Boom, what if I could train a Spy ?

But enough talk I'm derailing already, suggesting to add a bunch of scouts is good enough for me, for now.
  18. SOku

Fortified Settlements

There should be scouts to begin with.
    I'm not talking about the perk here obviously. Someone riding a horse to look up the recent movements around your settlements and give you reports. If it's in danger or not. It could work well if you run a Caravans too.

And let's push the needle further with spies to get some intels on the AI Lords, but surely it would need a proper topic on itself.

Basically all my suggestions I have in mind is to deploy more " things " as a King / Vassal, because surely the game lacks a lot of things on that segment. Honestly the scouts should be doable, it's just another bunch of men you hire around your settlements, nothing really fancy.
  19. SOku

Do you think smithing skill should be removed?

I´m constant at 500k+ denars without smithing a single item (or abusing any other stuff), most income comes from loot of course. Took some time of course.

After restarting a serious game ( the first one I've ever done since the beginning of the EA ) to test out that beta patch, I'm literally a hobo for more than a year ingame. God I miss the wealth I had on my previous one, it's good to start fresh though.

I have made 3 logs of charcoal. Ever.

So I'm not fussed either way. Now if I could repair cracked or damaged battlefield items... I'd make more use of a smith. But in lieu of that, I've never really been a grindy mechanic kind of guy so I get no satisfaction.

But I wouldn't advocate removing it... many people seem to enjoy it, and just because I don't now, doesn't mean I never will. I'd hate to go back and find it not there.

Yeah it's not like the game is forcing us to play this mechanic afterall, they did a great job on generating a meaningful economy without tasking the player to touch it, ever. So it's a good thing, more choices are always welcomed.
  20. SOku

Do you think smithing skill should be removed?

For 400 hours I played BL, I spent 30 minutes on smithing. It is unimmersive for me and it is exploitable as hell. Smithing should be like in Witcher in this game where you can find ordinary blacksmiths or rare master blacksmiths to forge what you want.

lol same. I didn't bother exploiting the javelins because
    1) I hate the mechanic.
    2) That would destroy my whole game.

I would like to put an order to one of my companions or a blacksmith on a city I'm controlling thought, that could fit great on the type of character we tend to build on this game.
Back
Top Bottom