Search results for query: *

1. Suicide Bandits

Martin93 said:
    The title says it all. I have 150 people they have 8 they rush in.I hope it's fixed soon because it's pretty annoying having them rushing at you.
    dude, that's a vanilla mount and blade mechanic. you need to kill some poeple before it updates power settings and they start to run.
    and you have to attack them anyways.
  2. Suggestions about new items

AielloA said:
    As a massive fan of the Drow, I was incredibly disappointed to see how covering the Drow armor was. Especially the high-ranking Drow Priestess stuff. Especially when compared to, say, the Val'sharess armor from Neverwinter Nights' Hordes of the Underdark expansion.

Would it be possible to have some more sexy Drow armors for female Drow (i.e. D&D-friendly female Drow armor)? IIRC, Warsword Conquest has some nice armors for female Dark Elves, they might be willing to share the models with Phantasy. And maybe add a subset of female robes that are more flattering than the current potato-sacks - I'm not asking for Nocturnal Robes lingerie, but something a little less shapeless would certainly be nice.
    I think it's fine, as is. Notably, he wants to add new stuff and not redo old stuff, you can try creating such armour in brfedit + whatever 3d modeling program you like but I don't think guspav has time for that really.
    + I'm rather fond of how the drow armour looks, I feel like the undead and orcs are more lacking in the armour sortiment than drows whose armour looks cool and makes a good stapple of evil.
    above all, I'd preffer seeing new enemies, locations and quests in this mod rather then some reskins of already okay stuff.
  3. Suggestions

Dodgerer said:
    there are other people here for making scenes(the maps where you move) than mister guspav, I myself am working on a dungeon prototype using tunnels(of sorts)
    so the code for adding bandit lairs would be the main problem
    I'll post the scene very soon, right after I am somewhat satisfied with it

so I finished, here's a short(1:56) video where I showcase it a bit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dkhj6kDd0k8&feature=youtu.be
  4. Suggestions

SeriousKnight01 said:
    But Like i said above, I would not want him to try and cram this into the next update. I understand that quality takes time, and we already have a whole lot of great quality game at hand and coming soon.
    not gonna quote your whole post,
    there are other people here for making scenes(the maps where you move) than mister guspav, I myself am working on a dungeon prototype using tunnels(of sorts)
    so the code for adding bandit lairs would be the main problem
    I'll post the scene very soon, right after I am somewhat satisfied with it
  5. Suggestions

a very small suggestion changing: "horse charged for x damage" to: "mount charged for X damage" it's MOUNT and blade after all
  6. Bug Reports (for Phantasy Calradia 2014 only please)

Marinxar said:
    I am unable to charge the Shaman staff. Not sure if this was intended or not, so thought I'd report it anyway. I would have liked to be able to charge more weapons in general.

there is no weapon for charged staff so indeed it was either not planned or isn't yet implemented
    try searching in item.kinds1.txt for shaman_staff and you'll notice only 1 item but with other staves you'll see 2 results for the search(journeyman staff etc...)
  7. more starting places

actually, you'd have to do some pretty tedious work. What reason is there? Well, you'd have to add about 5 new inits, granted you can just copy paste the dialogue options and so on, but I think there's some pretty difficult code behind the actual starting positions
  8. Suggestions

I found a script that deals damage in an area around you:

dragonslayer_trigger = (0, 0, 2, [
        (key_clicked, key_j),
        (neg|main_hero_fallen,0),
        (get_player_agent_no, ":player_agent"),
        (agent_get_wielded_item,":wielded_item",":player_agent",0),
        (eq,":wielded_item","itm_dragonslayer"),

],
        #(get_player_agent_no, ":player_agent"),
        [#(agent_get_team,":player_team", ":player_agent"),
        (get_player_agent_no, ":player_agent"),   
        (agent_get_position,pos1,":player_agent"),
        (try_for_agents,":agent"),
          (agent_is_alive,":agent"),
          #(agent_is_human,":agent"),
          (neq,":agent",":player_agent"),
          (neg|agent_is_ally,":agent"),
          (agent_get_position,pos2,":agent"),
          (neg|position_is_behind_position,pos2,pos1),
          (get_distance_between_positions,":dist",pos1,pos2),
          (lt,":dist",300),
          (particle_system_burst,"psys_game_blood",pos2,100),
          #(particle_system_burst,"psys_boemfik",pos2,100),
          (agent_play_sound,":agent","snd_man_die"),
          (agent_play_sound,":agent","snd_metal_hit_high_armor_high_damage"),
          (store_agent_hit_points, ":cur_hit_points",":agent",1),
          (val_sub,":cur_hit_points",25),
          (agent_set_hit_points,":agent",":cur_hit_points",1),
          (agent_deliver_damage_to_agent,":player_agent",":agent"),
          (agent_set_animation,":player_agent","anim_release_slashright_twohanded"),
        (try_end),
        ])

Edit: if there was a way to mark all the enemies in the area(besides the one actually hit an maybe people with shields) and execute an attack on each of them it would be better

link to thread: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,62649.0/imode.html
    not sure if works for mb warband or at all but I will test it right now(and knowing my luck I'll paste it into the wrong .py file and it won't even compile)
  9. Thorgrim's Map Editor v0.9.0 (Updated 20/06/2008)

I just got it to work finally...
  10. The Awoken Immortals

they are particularly vulnerable even with 215 in each defense to acid arrow, I find, 3-4 do the job, similarly, fire arrows are very powerful while other spells like missile storm or fireball do nothing.
  11. Known Issues

Xzayler said:
    The biggest issue I've encountered was in naval battles. At intervals, my troops get killed or knocked out randomly in small areas, as if there was a fireball hitting them. In the log it says "Elven Hawkeye killed by Elven Hawkeye" and so on. This happens during the battle, but also after all enemies have been defeated and my troops are celebrating. It only happens in naval battles, but in all naval battles.
    So basically I can't fight on my ship because a lot of my troops would die.
    if you give them commands they will obey them even if that means going overboard
  12. Thorgrim's Map Editor v0.9.0 (Updated 20/06/2008)

Okay, so I wanted to add an island to the north of swadia and kingdom of nords so I deleted a large amount of big water triangles(faces if you will) and pasted some small triangles, now I don't have a problem with just connecting the two vertices but it often creates a very thin line that is left undefined
    Is there an elegant way to connect two vertices and be sure they are in the same spot?
  13. Suggestions about new troops and NPCs

Some fun monsters for a dungeon of sorts
    Flying tools- basically they would be invisible humans with a very small area where you can hit them, and you could only hit them melee that would fight with the sword ora ny other tool they have(bardiche, spear, mace) and you would only see the weapon and could only hit them in the weapon, low defense but couldn't be damaged via ranged attacks.
    Minotaur - using a mesh to make a minotaur head for the giants with a giant axe.
    Teleporting rogue - this is a fun little suggestion of having a man mounted on an invisible fully downscaled horse that would be increadibly fast and spin very quickly and would just harass you wherever you go
    Ghosts -  similar to shades, they would be white instead of black and would steal life force with their attacks(their legs would be invisible and that would make them fun).
    Fairies - gnome skeletons placed again on some sort of invisible horse, no leg animations, legs would be part of the body that would kind of shrink a bit more and they would look like they are flying while casting some spells at you.
    Abominations - again giants with a lot of oozing blood and kind of fat, woul have weapons in both hands(that look like two handed weapons)
    Lycantropes - a commodity amongst d&d tho we already have the windrunners
    Cursed people - human flesh would have dark, red or green smudges, often missing a limb using a onehand weapon or if missing right limb using magic
    Angels - an obvious thing mostly for undeadhunters, maybe they could have like a righteous resurection where they would resurrect a number of your fallen men in battle so instead of being dead they could fight the next battle, again use of an invisible horse now upscaled.

Edit: (something like "strike wizzards" that would use horses and would use the acid arrow, slow charm person and some magic missiles together with like beremberts explosive flasks

Priest mage - a mage of the blazing hand that uses white bolt,  missile storm along with haste and fire arrow

Orc patrolmaster - an orc that always has a helmet to talk to when you encounter an orc patrol)

OK, I've talked a lot about invisible horses and a lot of people(partly including me) want to know if it's possible to do, but if it is there is a large amount of cool things that can be done to make it seem like someone is flying, or just much faster without too big problems.

Some npcs- a four way in dude that you could store some items at but you would pay a bit from your account like 50 each week while he's holding them

If you would make a new island, north of kingdom of nords, with like dungeons and rampaging parties - like a cursed land,
    npcs to teleport you to a neutral city, city you own
    npcs that let you buy the islands just west of swadia - each with a city + 2 villages of random factions for some big cash and ways of getting there
    Some hired trainers - you could give them money and a few troops and those troops would get exp at a trainer 5 rate every day no matter their level, but they wouldn't get upgraded automatically
    A Mercenary Marketman(or something) that would sell you mercenaries - different ones at every tavern and they would have limited supplies the more limited the greater the demand(so, for instance in mage tower you could get mercenary mages or bodyguards)
    a magical crafter- he would be able to make some armour and weapons from mythril, iron, velvet, and the gems to give them some magical properties
  14. Suggestions about new items

therex55213 said:
    Seconding the desire for Boots of Speed
    Something simple like the ring of healing, an extremely weak piece of armor that gives an insane boost to movement speed, like, beyond what athletics can provide.
    I need this Guspav
    My barbarian wizard-king needs to chase the horses
    He NEEDS to
    Chase the stupid horses and their stupid goddamn faces

use  the spell haste, let yourself get athletics to 15, you'll outrun basically everything except certain nightmare riders

a spell like undead hands that would require both magic and necromancy and would create hands from the ground that latch onto enemies, terrifying some, slowing some, knocking some to the ground and dealing damage in that area.

something that would give you invisibility or at least some kind of way to pass behind the enemy lines without every enemy looking at you so you could actually use the stealthy mechanics(eg silent boots, invisibility armour, helm of hades- this makes the wearer invisible)

as was already suggested by some other people - blunt magic missiles - for the mage arena,
    and maybe like enslavers missiles - black version which would change an enemy defeated this way into an undead

Pairwood(or magical wood) - commodity item sold between different places, could be used with one of the gems to make a staff at locations like cities with a guild

Fist of the gods - a Faith+Magic chant(probably in the faith tab) that would call down a giant fist on the cursor in a few seconds dealing massive blunt damage - would cost like 80FP and 50Mp basically depleting you but very useful

Knockback/down(Shockwave) - either an item or spell that would create a shockwave around(or in front of) the caster, knocking enemies down or knocking them back a few notches

lightning spear- a spear that would be similar to a lightning bolt when thrown(only 1 ammo) and would take a long time to get back to the user and in melee would deal some additional magic damage to the target and stun him and some immediately close foes for a split second

a snake weapon that would poison an enemy and make an effect of a snake around his neck(could possibly remove the current helmet for some of the people with less magic resist)

an unholy symbol that would be used by faith necromancers after they become liches and would give some cool lich stuff like creating friendly reinforcements of undead, changing enemies into undead

a magical food - zombie chow or something - you could make it from beef or other perishables and it would serve to nullify the effect of zombies, demons and maybe something else on the morale.

Maybe a consumable- like beremberts flasks, which youu could throw at yourself / your allies to speed them up and speed up their attacks.

Traps would be a nice theoretic thing - with trappers who could place 1 each and you would be able to place a few(spike trap, pitfall trap, explosive trap) maybe it would be too strong against cavalry so I'm not sure about the balance

A medusa head - hold item that would petrify enemies in front of you.

Long-sight cap - would(possibly) increase the zoom with shift and increase accuracy for all ranged weapons
  15. Suggestions

Radriel said:
    So I think the class system needs an overall. This is mainly because MB is a very open game type so your beginning stats will change only your beginning stat, but you can train yourself to do anything. I dont think this is inherently bad, but it isn't very D&D or very fantasy. I think to make class choice mean something, they should give a unique bonus that cannot be obtained from normal character progression.

Suggestions as follows:

Mage - Add permanent mana bonus. This way, mages are definitively the ultimate spellcasters without taking away the ability to learn spell casting for others.

Fighter - Give them a choice of feats so that they can be better at combat in a way of their choosing. I imagine this like Silverstag character abilities except maybe just one feat to keep it balanced. But I mean, fighters have to be better at mundane combat in some way.

example feats: Rapid reload(crossbow), Shield bashing ability, Tactical aura(improved damage/accuracy for troops), chance to disarm opponents,etc.

Ranger - Give Accuracy boost to bows. Maybe some unique spells such as an unlimited ammo spell.

Barbarian - I like the berserking thing already. Maybe give them more hp in combat too and start game with a unique armor piece that weighs nothing but gives the equivelant of medium armor(maybe make a unique "spell" to summon it for the battle. call it warcry). So you can have naked barabarians. Otherwise everybody useing a barb will have heavy armor anyway. Then they are not much different than fighter.

Rogue - Run speed improvement would be nice. Sneak attacks rely on maneuverability. Or maybe make them less visible on campaign map?

Cleric - More mana here too. cuz spells are awesome and as more spells are made, this will be strong enough.

Necromancer - Cost break on undead creation? Party size limit increase?

Bard - because anyone can put points in the perform skill, give bards increase party morale or size limit. Maybe faction relations boost.

Paladin - They need auras. well, not NEED. but yeah, it'd be cool. Nothing big or game breaking or better than a spell you can cast, but just a small aura.

Sorry if I am posting anything that was already suggested. I tried reading all the prior posts, but it was just too much for me.

To this suggestion, I think some good points would be if you added the some of the "dodge"  :lol: system that is in perisno for rogues and some of the "soaking" from ironflesh for the fighters/ paladins
    Bards could have unique interactions with the playing in cities - like raising the relation of the city if you succeed, or being able to integrate some of the groupies that spawn straight into the party

another suggestion would be making some sort of trainer buff so that you could give exp to some of the super high level characters like Lesser Liches or Expert Mages because physically getting to level 40 or so takes forever and getting them leveled up is quite difficult and in that case I'd just play something else than elven hawkeyes
Back
Top Bottom