Search results for query: *

1. davidoner4

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 12 - The Passage Of Time

Any word on how the seasons will effect bandit parties? For example, would they be less active in the winter months to simulate conserving supplies (or would they become more active due to a lack of supplies?)?
  2. davidoner4

Thinking of doing a realism story playthrough, questions *spoilers*

KiriKaneko said:
    Are there any particular decisions I need to make to avoid losing people?

The only one I can think of is with Brunhild when you are deciding when to turn the letter over to Northumbria. Getting her to stay with you is easy.
    davidoner4 said:
    3) a) If you are siding with Northumbria: kill Reginhard in the Holmgang, when you go to turn the letter over to Northumbria the only person that didn't say "I'll follow you to the end" was Brunhild and she says something like, "If you turn that letter over to Northumbria then I'll..." and I respond with, "WHAT?! WHAT WILL YOU DO?!" and with that you put her in her place and she says something like, "I don't know. We've been through too much to go our separate ways now."

Choosing Egil to challenge in the holmgang might save you Reginhard in the Wessex storyline (Reginhard might betray you again or something; I do not know for certain because I always kill Reginhard in the holmgang).

If you have relationship to 100 the viking girl will stay. Relationship with companions plays a part as well and you can literally buy their favour (thankfully).
  3. davidoner4

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 11 - Some Context

bankert320 said:
    Let's start a petition :grin: One bit of information every 2 weeks. THAT would be awesome. Nothing against the game but half a year without any news is poor. This ad strategy is just quite bullsh**. Cause I, as future customer, am losing interest on the project. No doubt that this game will be awesome. But I don't know whether I'll care anymore about the game when it's finally released. And only god knows, when this will be.

When it comes to waiting for news about a game I'm anticipating, any amount of time between new info just seems too long; doesn't matter if it is 2 weeks or 10 months, it just always feels like forever. But I'm usually more than willing to wait for it. Silence can make people lose interest, but interest will more than likely pick back up once we start getting closer to a release date. Heck, it would probably pick back up once they announce a release date.

Besides, I have better things to occupy my time. I just don't feel the need to breathe down the developer's neck.
  4. davidoner4

Thinking of doing a realism story playthrough, questions *spoilers*

Everything I type is based off my experience. I've played through Northumbria 3 times and Wessex once. You might want to put your reading glasses on...

1) The ending with Northumbria is exactly the same as it is with Wessex with the exception that the Danish win the Battle of Dour-Enz (the naval battle where Bodo dies) and the big fight right before you take on Sven for the last time. I've played through with Northumbria only losing Reginhard and Bodo (everybody else stayed). I've played through Wessex losing only Egil (the king's bastard), Reginhard (seriously, I hate that guy), Asbjorn (the Assembly judge/doctor) and Bodo (I'm pretty sure he is scripted to die no matter what side you choose in the storyline). The burning mead hall is agitating but if nothing could kill you suddenly while playing Wessex then you have nothing to worry about playing with Northumbria.

2) I prefer Northumbria solely for the superior troops and the fact that I can ultimately keep more companions. The only companion you can lose (at least the way I did it) joining Northumbria is Bodo. Everybody else can be talked into staying with you. After joining with Northumbria you take Dun Taro in the far North of Scotland; the idea is that the Kingdom of Alban will attack that fort in an attempt to take it back instead of attacking anything else belonging to Northumbria (and surprisingly it works). The storyline with Northumbria is exactly the same as it is with Wessex; take fort, defend priest, naval battle, field battle, kill Sven, end game. I had a hell of a time on the last field battle between Wessex and Northumbria because of troop fatigue (I still don't have that down yet). I prefer Northumbria simply because of their territorial holdings at the end of the storyline (they hold almost half of England). However, because of their size a lot of factions will shortly declare war on Northumbria after the end game. In my opinion the Kingdom of Alban (Scotland) is easily crushed. Wessex can be dealt a harsh blow if you go take some towns/forts immediately after the hellish field battle (I can't remember the name of the battle for the life of me). I try to finish off the Kingdoms of Alt Cult (because they border Northumbria along its entire Western border which makes it easy for them to raid/invade once the war starts) and East Engle (because they are practically entirely defeated at the end of the storyline) after the end of the storyline. I have no idea about rewards.
    tl:dr    The size of Northumbria at the end of the game ensures near-immediate wars after you complete the story. However, because Northumbria fields Norse troops, nobody really ultimately stands a chance against you.

3) a) If you are siding with Northumbria: kill Reginhard in the Holmgang, when you go to turn the letter over to Northumbria the only person that didn't say "I'll follow you to the end" was Brunhild and she says something like, "If you turn that letter over to Northumbria then I'll..." and I respond with, "WHAT?! WHAT WILL YOU DO?!" and with that you put her in her place and she says something like, "I don't know. We've been through too much to go our separate ways now." I bought everybody's good favour though (all relations at 100; I generally have money to blow for stupid things). The only companion I lose when turning over the letter to Northumbria is Bodo.
    b) If you are siding with Wessex: I really have no clue here. I've played through with Wessex once and when the time came to decide to turn the letter over to Wessex, only Asbjorn (he's the judge from the Assembly that joins you) and Egil left my party. Egil thought it would be a good idea to play me close and try to test my cool and he ended up occupying a plot in the earth. He was upset that I was joining Wessex. I probably could have saved Reginhard if I challenged Egil to the holmgang during the Assembly instead of Reginhard, but I despise Reginhard so he is going to die in the holmgang no matter what.
    tl;dr    I lose more companions siding with Wessex.
  5. davidoner4

Poor performance in large battles

What fixed my stuttering was turning off all the messages that pop up in the lower left during battles. Hope it helps.
  6. davidoner4

Who is your favorite Faction and what is your favorite Culture (of soldiers)?

Probably East Engle. I like the size and location of the kingdom (before I conquer it all for myself at least). I'm always the Lord of Dunwic.
    Norse without a doubt. Norse troops destroy any enemy. I keep some Saxon/Angle troops garrisoned in my town in case I go to war with a Norse faction.
  7. davidoner4

LonelyStep said:
    I do hope that your stats don't roll over onto your successor. The player needs to feel a real loss about dying in battle and avoid it at all costs.

Maybe you could "train" your kid as s/he grows up so they have better stats? I guess another thing would be what happens when you run out of kids?
  8. davidoner4

antikov4 said:
    i'd like to know if their will be a campaign coop? i mean it would be awesome to be able to play with friend, i mean it is only my point of view, and i hope it is shared with a lot of people, i feel like it would be awesome to be able to play with friend and conquer or help conquer the land for a lord.

This was the big question for a little while. They got around to answering it eventually. I don't think it will happen though.

vonbalt said:
    Q: You know there had been many successful modifications for the game, and one of the best known is the Strategus – cRPG, which allows the players to have some sort of multiplayer campaign. Will there be any feature like that in the game to come?
    A: at this stage a multiplayer, competitive or cooperative looks still pretty difficult to make.
  9. davidoner4

Flavius Aetius said:
    This could be prevented by buying and collecting ressources during harvest time from the villages and towns and store them, but reduces the income of production and trade, or the lord is forced to buy the needed goods in Winter for a much higher price from foreign traders.

:iamamoron: Love the idea!! Build a souterrain and then stock up for winter or a famine (if Bannerlord has those). The villages only have four development spaces (I think) and I wouldn't build a storehouse without having a castle nearby (pesky raiders or hungry villagers might try to steal my food) so that's half of the development for a village. How much your storehouse could store would also come into play (an upgradable storehouse or just infinite storage?). Maybe even an event where one of your fellow faction leaders needs help feeding his peasants and you can give him the food or charge him for it  :twisted:
  10. davidoner4

Corbul said:
    so the question is - when's the approximate release date?

I think late 2016.

11. davidoner4

I wish they would show more siege combat. I'm looking forward seeing more.
Back
Top Bottom