Search results for query: *

• Users: harpred
  • Content: Threads
  • Order by date
  1. "build mantlets" is useless i think

i tested it all it does is add these wooden structures to the siege map that are supposed to block arrows but there's only like 2 of them and they won't make much difference (ie they're in the wrong position) meanwhile you are gonna auto-lose like 20 of your elite troops building them, plus...
  2. Defected lords disapear when I recruit them from my Lord's Hall

i dont know what the problem is.. i already recruited 2 defected lords this way. Now I have 2 more standing around in my Lords Hall. If talk to either of them and recruit them, as soon as I exit out of the Lord's hall they disappear from it and aren't on the world map either. He appears as a...
  3. Minister system broken

when i first started my kingdom i appointed a "prominent citizen" as a Minister because I didnt want to waste one of my companions after some searching i realized that you cannot use this citizen minister to assign fiefs to your Vassals.. only a companion or wife can... dont know if thats a...
  4. advice on defending first kingdom..

i took Frisia.. i have 2 vassals. kept dorestad for myself Gave Kennemer to one vassal Now i took Vles Ingle my goal is have someone hanging around Frisia to keep enemy raiding armies away while I am "overseas" in England etc should I 1) Give Vles Ingle to the same Vassal... so he has more...
  5. very awkward to leave some of your ships at a port

tried to search so if you want to leave some ships at a port (ie slower ones, and then go trading with your faster ones), which i presume is good because they wont be damaged by weather... you have to go somewhere nearby the Port in question and leave the ships you DO want to take with you on...
  6. what kind of formations do you use? do they matter?

i read somewhere here that someone likes to put his troops into a shield wall with 2 x "stand closer" .. i do that with most of my infantry, they make this very tight blob then i have some spearmen on the flank, some shock troops on another flank, cavalry that I will try to flank with once the...
  7. stuck at war

i am a vassal to a kingdom that is at war with another kingdom for what seems like forever. it getting tiresome. I just want my +3 right to rule from a peace agreement. It says that my king is frustrated cause hes unable to land a decisive blow, etc, and that war might end soon but it wont. I...
  8. can someone explain why i get murdered in battles vs traders

just rage quitted a game when i saw i lost 13 troops when it was 300 of me vs 70 trader. Not even worth it for the paltry loot i get is it cause i have high reputation? 90% of my army retreats/deserts just as the first enemies reach me, thus getting stabbed in the back. as if hardened...
  9. whats the deal with attacking traders

it says "your men feel uneasy about attacking traders" ok so typically with my army of 200+ men against 50-60 traders ~30 rout immediatley and the part i dont understand: i end up with like 80+ wounded, and i have 5+ killed which at my party Surgery level is something i'd expect in a battle...
  10. "hold this position" out of position when memorized division placement

not sure if this is intended or not as you know if you arrange your troops the way you want (ie infantry in a shield wall in front, archers behind, cavalry on a flank) and go F2 -> memorize division placement, they will automatically arrange themselves that way when you "hold this position"...
  11. anyone captured a town by siege?

seems almost impossible for me.. need a 250+ party to make a blockade but that has big morale negatives you're constantly losing morale from random events (as entertaining as they are to read), food is being used up and you're stuck just going "wait until tomorrow" until your morale drops low...
  12. is the frankish axe actually good?

i kind of regret buying it now.. heard its the best weapon cause of the shield bonus but its a 2h/1h weapon which i heard sucks.. not sure if you're supposed to use it as a 2h or 1h? as a 1h i think the woodcutters axe does more damage
  13. playing as marshal

this is probably an issue carried over by native.. maybe made worse by the addition of ships anyone else find that if you tell a companion to assemble the vassals of this realm, often nobody shows up? or if you ask people to follow you they are constantly running off like they have ADD or...
  14. camp -> recruit prisoners vs talk -> offer place in shield wall

is there a difference? in either case if you get turned down you have to wait 1 day to try again but it seems for the talk -> offer place in shield wall they never change their mind. ..
  15. whats with the random drop in relations

i had been at war with mercia for a while (as a lord) and several times my relation with west seaxe would drop to -4 or something, making me unable to enter their cities. I'd have to pay one of their lords 1200 to "make peace with west seaxe" .. they werent allied with mercia and i have no idea...
  16. any keyboard shortcuts for moving men in and out of garrison?

like there is ctrl + click for buying/selling, just want to make sure im not missing anything. gets a bit tedious when the army sizes are larger
  17. my lame pony has been cured

i got a lame pony as loot in a faction battle and now i noticed that he's a normal pony now. yay. i will give him to caio
  18. 60 vs 5 ruffians auto-resolve

little did i know they were spartan ruffians it is obvious i had many slaves but few warriors
  19. how does the AI recruit units?

i was thinking about changing the regulars_xp_multiplier for single-player but was afraid it would make the AI's units level more as well, then i thought, dont they cheat anyway? do they actually buy fresh recruits and level them through fighting and the Trainer skill of their lord, or does the...
  20. so going to war with a faction doesnt make you lose any farmsteads you have

in their cities? i'm not a vassal of anyone, tested this by attacking Mercia to get -13 relation with them (wont let you into their cities), but I'm still getting income from my London brewery thats good, i was afraid I would have to do a lot of maneuvering to get right to rule from being a...
Back
Top Bottom