Search results for query: *

1. Melonbuster

Is the napoleonic wars dlc worth it?

Yes.

Viking conquest is not great though, imo.
  2. Melonbuster

Why there is no Eastern Faction in Napoleonic Wars?

Yeah, I know.

I was saying that too, why no Ottoman Empire? I don't mind Rheinbund, but they kind of are just a cheesy re-skin. Seriously though, imagine Mameluke calvary charming in on the Austrian ranks. Or, janissary swordsman, men or refuse to fight with guns, hopelessly getting cut down by Prussian Jeagars. Whoa, maybe even Barbary Pirates!

I think that this game might not get any attention any time soon, but I could see Italy, Spain, or Ottoman Empire getting added. For now I feel we just have to look forward to Bannerlord.  :???: 
  3. Melonbuster

Bayonet to spear damage

Ha, Ikr?

I haven't looked this up but I'm pretty sure, historically, bayonets did become superior to spears. Notice how spears are only available to militia troops like partizani (and those blue dudes from Prussia, oh and sailors). These men receive very little training in melee. However, the line infantry have basically been training for years with their rifle and bayonet.

When I get spawned with a spear, I use its length to my advantage. I usually stand back from a big fight and take jabs at overwhelmed opponents (pikes are best for this).  :fruity:
  4. Melonbuster

Start as a looter

Maybe now bandits will be on your side? Or maybe just the bandits in your region.

You could even gain patriotic points to start a revolution in which the bandits of the region rise up with you.

Of course their troop tree's would have to be rethought.
  5. Melonbuster

Any good mods out there?

I have wasted so much time on Nova Aetas. It's pretty fantastic.
  6. Melonbuster

Ideas & Suggestions

I have spent a lot of my time playing this mod. I absolutely love it. I do, however, have some friendly suggestions for it, and forgive me if it sounds like I'm nagging...

*I like how colonies are not treated like towns. This way I can remain a freeman but still have a colony. Plus it's historically accurate. Poorer people were the ones that started colonies. However, when I was a mercenary for the kingdom of swadia, I made my first colony. The colony was labeled as being part of the kingdom of swadia. Then, when I canceled my mercenary bond, the colony was still under control of swadia, but I could still manage it (get resources, etc.). Now, it just makes me feel weird (I guess I have a little OCD) when all my other colonies say "yours" and then one of them says "kingdom of swadia." I would rather make it so that when you leave the kingdom the colony is totally given to the faction, or totally given to you.

*The new world is awesome and ambitious. I'm sure that you know about some of the landing glitches, the fact that some native villages can't be reached, and that when landed, your party will still act as a fleet. As well as these minor bugs, I think that native towns and villages should have more interactions. Possibly even interactions that arn't available in calradian towns and villages.

*Colonies should have a productivity option that opens a trade line to calradia that gives you profit that shows up on your weekly budget report. It starts to get a little tiring having to visit you colony a bunch of times.

*jihads and crusades should have more benefits from leading them.

*I love the cathars and they still give me a challenge mid game. I think they should be able to unite and take a town. Just a thought.

*Please fix the tungen horde (sry my spelling lol). It's a great idea and could work but it seems they get defeated very quickly.

:grin:

This mod is great and totally playable. Just wanted to give you a heads up and some suggestions!

Back
Top Bottom