Search results for query: *

• Users: Neat
  • Order by date
  1. Neat

Resolved Town Governors don't stay in town

I'm experiencing this issue at the moment so It's still not fixed. One thing I noticed is that if I assign my family members they stay put, but the wanderer companions keep wandering as if they're still looking for work in various towns.

It's quite an irritating little bug especially if you are too busy to micromanage with a lot of wars when you need loyalty bonuses in fiefs.
  2. Neat

Singleplayer type tournaments for Multiplayer.

Don't know why it isn't a thing. Tournaments in single-player are much more interesting than a multiplayer skirmish. It would be quite a bit more fun in my opinion.
  3. Neat

Left handed combat ?

Can we get left-handed weapons? I swear so many fights devolve into both teams flanking teammates from the right and trying to stay to the left of the enemy. feels like I'm playing ring around the Rosie. A lot of players just seem to forget about the thrust and overhead chop altogether because...
  4. Neat

NERF OP KHUZAIT - after 3 months still same story

Here's the thing. Nomadic Horse archers rampaged through Eurasia for a reason. They were OP. It would be ridiculous to have Celtic and Germanic tribes as strong as Nomadic horsemen. The only way to balance them would be to nerf Horse archers sooo badly that they become a complete joke. Maybe they could do something like make their castles weaker or hell take away all their castles and give them Tent cities like in real life.
  5. Neat

Bannerlord is missing many good features from Warband and VC

We can finally cross one of the features off this list.
    “We recently added a new way to follow parties on the world map to make things a little less tedious when performing certain tasks. To do this, you simply need to hold down the Left Alt key and click on the party that you want“
  6. Neat

BIG content drop this week! Right?

people like you are the problem and the reason games like this exist.. no game should have a development cycle as long as this game had still release in early access and still be no where near finished 7 months later gamers shouldnt have to wait years for a game to be finished but because people like you we get more and more games like this every year and alot of them never get finished, releasing unfinished games has become popular because people like you accept it
    You're acting as if they had a choice between a finished game and an incomplete game. The choice was between no game or incomplete Early Acess. If anything Early Acess will speed up the development.
  7. Neat

BIG content drop this week! Right?

You guys are the problem, I've been waiting for this game for a decade and my expectations were always below 0. That's why I'm happy with the game and eagerly waiting for the years of development that is to follow. Once you stop hoping for miracles and look at the reality of the situation you realize that everything is going as expected.

I'd say around late spring they should be pretty much done with optimizations and turn focus towards large content updates. So around next year this time, we should start seeing some coveted Warband and Viking Conquest features trickling into the downloads. Which in turn will be followed by more bugs and more bug fixes.
  8. Neat

new update is 12 gigs???

i just downloaded the game 3 days ago...... so not even 5 days in, it becomes unplayable for a full night while it downloads all over again. Pretty ****ing garbage.
    The game is in an active development phase, what do you expect?
  9. Neat

Has there been an update about any of the features on this list? Have they even seen it? I feel like some of these are absolutely vital for the final game. I also feel like the release was premature, maybe they were pressured by the fanbase so much that they felt forced to go early access. I think the game could still use a year of development if not more.
  10. Neat

VC was really such an immersive game. I stopped playing the Bannerlord a few months ago in hopes that game would get VC features eventually.
  11. Neat

Damage in this game is Ridiculous

I think HP should be lower/less effective and Armor much more effective. You shouldn't be able to take a full swing hit from any proper weapon while not properly armored and keep walking as if nothing happened.

Although If we're to go by the late roman time period the armor wasn't really that good anyway. There's a big jump from Scale and Chainmail to Plate armor.
  12. Neat

Escaping lords are breaking the game!

They should be signif. faster with low troop count and they should prefer to stay in towns if they feel unsave and recruit new troops, including slow XP gain. Add a mechanic to challenge them inside a castle with huge disadvantages for the player et voila, there you have a proper solution. I once chased down Beni Zilal (this clan makes problems in literally every save game!) and one of his members stayed in a castle for like years until he left and I could kill him. So there is some sort of mechanic in there already.
    I feel like defeated lords going to the cities while recruiting slowly would also help with snowballing as they would add to the numbers of garrisons. There could be a mechanic where they spawn in the city/castle with low garrison and get +5 soldiers every day. They should not be allowed to leave until they reach 50 troops? that way they're out of the map for at least 10 days(instead of getting captured by looters or irritating the player who just beat their ass) - whilst still helping against snowballing by garrisoning the towns. It was better in Warband where some of the lords stuck around in the cities till they had 100/150+ armies.
  13. Neat

Escaping lords are breaking the game!

So here is the video proof which shows that Lords are cheated right in with full troop size after being defeated. It's rare to observe it directly but Taleworlds can't hide it from us. They do it with Looters and bandits as well, that's why you can never clean up your lands and take some breath. Villages are in constant pressure which increases the starvation problem. They come again as soon as you turn your back. That's not "game depth", that's just broken.

Just for the protocol: He had 63 soldiers when I attacked him. 40+ got killed (not knocked out). He spawns with 63 again. So there is something like a standard troop size which Lords get for free. With them they are able to raid villages or crush weak caravans immediately after you defeated them. You can't even take them into prison to reduce this effect because lords have magic keys to escape very, very fast.
    I agree, I made a whole thread about bandits too earlier https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/isnt-this-a-bit-too-much-bandits.413446/

I hope TW hears this at least and decides to do something about it.
  14. Neat

Tournaments with other lords are near impossible to win

In the beginning, it might seem hard because your character sucks as he's very slow and weak but as the game progresses tournaments become way too easy.. Athletics is probably the most important to boost followed by combat skills.
  15. Neat

Viking Conquest can save us!

You know, this whole time I thought Bannerlord would pick up where Viking Conquest left off. I always thought It was a huge Improvement over the Native Warband. Making Bannerlord more closely resemble Warband feels like two steps forward, one step back imo. Although there isn't nearly as much sea in Bannerlord as in Europe, Perhaps adding another island kingdom off the coast of Vlandia (Nord raiders ?) would be a good idea, but we're in the Expansion territory there.

Also, the army mechanics(and numbers) were much better in VC and overall the world felt just more alive and vibrant.
  16. Neat

Move Sargot(h) back where it should be, and give it to Sturgia

I don't think Sturgia needs a boost as much as Vlandia and Khuzait need a nerf. Every campaign I played so far (3 total) Vlandia and Khuzait have snowballed. The amount of time it takes to snowball has been increased with updates, so it is much slower but they always end up taking over their half of the map which is getting kind of repetitive. Also Sturgia and Aerai actually hold out longer than Battania and West/North Empire as far as my games go.
  17. Neat

Smithing hurts my finger :(

I am not sure that propucts cost more then components.
    fine steel can cost 800-900 and weighs 0.5 so it's vastly more profitable than the inputs. I made ton of money buying cheap hardwood + smelting weapons for steel and then refining it.
  18. Neat

Hideouts are impossible

There's another post on this same page about it but I'll copy paste what I said there

''The best way to do it for me (on realistic) is to have a couple top tier shield troops and the rest top tier archers,just clean a ''minicamp'' holding your archers with your shield guys taking the hits. It's not a 100% strategy but I've been cleaning forest hideouts of 30-40 ppl for a while now.
    As for the duel...Bannerlord combat is more dificult than WB,it is what it is,if you can't win the one on one with a one-handed weapon and a shield you need to improve your gear or your skill (I don't mean it in a bad way,I started my first playthrough on realistic and had to tone it down to 2/3 until I got better with the new combat) ''

I agree,they're kind of hard,maybe more than intended but they're totally doable. One cool thing I would like to see tho is a little window to choose your troops before entering the hideout.
    They're doable unless you're playing as a merchant and sink all your points in Trade/Smith/Steward and other non-combat skills. Then it's totally impossible.

Not to mention they're incredibly repetitive, boring and irritating. Once I take out a hideout near my village I want it to remain gone, not pop back up in 10 seconds or less after I savescummed 15 times to clear the damn thing.
  19. Neat

I can't marry with a woman in game

The thing is, my male character somehow lost his ability to marry at 35 too. Must've been a bug but I have no idea what caused it.
  20. Neat

Improving Spears (so they can be fun)

Big thing is spear in hands of player is pretty OP in singleplayer. I carry 2 now. One really long, one medium/close combat, no sword, no range weapons, cloth armor to increase agility, large round shield, Max height Char, though i have yet to determine if this helps with reaching over your troops.
    Anything can be OP in singleplayer because AI is just easy to beat. I can use pretty much any weapon with similar success. The way to check balance is AI vs AI and Player vs Player. And In both cases, Swords are superior atm. In MP I for one have a much easier time killing a spearman with a sword than a swordsman with a spear (both with shields). The exception is unshielded sword vs unshielded spear but if that favored swords than the game would be completely broken lol.
Back
Top Bottom