Search results for query: *

1. Bithon

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

578 said:
    Bithon said:
    We have so many awesome mods, we got *some* information on the Bannerlord, yet people are dissatisfied. Go and play Warband for crying out loud. Numerous mods get released almost on monthly basis, yet many people don't even bother to check them.

Most mods are simple reskins. I dont see your point. Why should I bother with reskins?

Not precisely, there are quite a few mods that overhaul the game to the point it seems like it's an entirely different game altogether. Also, wining and complaining isn't exactly productive as most people are doing just that.
  2. Bithon

We have so many awesome mods, we got *some* information on the Bannerlord, yet people are dissatisfied. Go and play Warband for crying out loud. Numerous mods get released almost on monthly basis, yet many people don't even bother to check them.
  3. Bithon

Plovercrest said:
    DanAngleland said:
    If that is all you know about the game then you haven't been paying much attention over the last few years.

When you say you are a bit iffy about the weapon crafting, does that mean you don't like it much, or that you don't think it will be in the game? If the latter, there is no reason to doubt it will be in the game; we have seen it in action and they have never said anything to cast doubt on its inclusion in the final game.

We've seen board games too. What happened to those?

The lack of actually coming out and saying "yes, this will be in the game" is concerning. Instead we get, "I can't say much about that at the moment".

I think that's a better way to handle the PR, than to go all Peter Molyneux on us and realize last minute that a certain feature that they've blown out of proportions couldn't make into the finished product.
  4. Bithon

Post your desktop!:D

Jostino said:
    http://puu.sh/m8auM/f26e651b57.jpg

Where are your desktop icons?
  5. Bithon

[WB] Warband Script Enhancer v3.2.0 (21/07/2013)

Who is the current maintainer of WSE ?
  6. Bithon

Star Wars: Bear Force II Developers Wanted!

Hey I'm a programmer, but the thing is I haven't had much experience when it comes to Warband modding. I've been mostly messing about the codebase, but that's it. I do know several programming languages, but on day to day bases I mostly use C# and C/C++ so I can contribute in that department as well if you need project specific tools built.
  7. Bithon

Native OSP Scenes Ingnar's Warband Scenes

Oh I love the idea of having a forest map where fight takes place in close quarters where there's just enough space to swing your sword. Reminds me of that opening scene in Gladiator where Roman troops fight one of the Germanic tribes. So epic.

However, as some people suggested, the trees are a bit repetitive and that can easily be fixed by mixing it up with different types of trees. Also keep performance in mind, too many props = performance hit. Cheers!  :razz:
  8. Bithon

What made you happy today?

Docm30 said:
    Racists. Reggie Jackson had the same moustache and no one said he looked like a pedo just because he's black.

Wow, that was pretty racist mate. Calm down.  :neutral:
  9. Bithon

Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

MadVader said:
    You really mean how to keep saves compatible? The fancy way is to expand your base code with placeholder troops, items etc. etc.
    The smart way is to have a test menu that sets up the situations you want to test, so you don't need savegames as test cases.

Regarding the first suggestion, can I later rename the placeholders' ids without breaking saves?

Also I really like the second idea. Smart. Clean and straight to the point without having to go through the data manually that you don't really care about. Instead, simulate. Nice :smile:
  10. Bithon

What TV series are you watching?

Adorno said:
    Was watching first episode of iZombie until I realised the protagonist's name is Liv Moore. ******** rage quit that bad joke :mad:

Seen 2 episodes of Jessica Jones. It's decent, but the story progresses slowly and is somewhat predictable (I'm not familiar with it).

I freaking love this forum. I started watching iZombie thanks to you as well, also watched Mr Robot thanks to some other guy and love it so far. Keep 'em coming fellows, you really do have great taste in film and tv shows. Also, Liv Moore.. yeah I mean it's a bit of a cringe-ish thing about it but all's good cus the actress is so freaking hawt hawt. :grin:
  11. Bithon

Hey can anyone recommend a more efficient workflow when prototyping for singleplayer? I often make changes to scripts that end up not working with my previous saves so then I'm forced to recompile the code and to copy it which is major pain in the behind most of the time when I want to prototype a really simple idea. ?  :ohdear:
  12. Bithon

Oh, thanks for reminding me. It was snowing last night here where I live, but it was short lived as by 2 PM temperature has risen to 10*C and the snow ceased to exist. Oh well, at least my husky had loads of fun. God I love that dog.  :grin:
  13. Bithon

Lumos said:
    I've got to thank you! My courses this year seem to have a strict no-tabs-only-spaces policy on the code files I submit to them, and if I hadn't opened vim through my SSH connection to check it out, after reading about it in your post, I would've still had the tabs left.
    That said, I'm rather partial to Notepad++ or gedit, if I'm forced to use a linux terminal. The uni tried to force me to use emacs, but gedit is much more intelligible. Seriously, I got no reason to use bull**** key-commands when I'm in a graphical environment, and if I'm making changes through an SSH terminal, I'm quite happy to stick to nano.
    Also, I prefer Mercurial over git. (Though I've never used git in my life.)
    But different software choices aside, thanks again for mentioning vim. I would've been deducted some amount of points without it.

Well the only reason why I use Git is because of GitHub. It allows me to easily contribute to most Open Source projects as they are usually hosted on GitHub, so I just fork a repository and then do my thing, send a pull request and wait for the magic to happen. And I was really never exposed to any other VCS because I'm quite pleased with Git. Its learning curve is a bit steep, but once you get the hang of it, it's all good. I now compulsively initialize new repos every time I start working on a project just in case I want to turn it into something bigger, then I can create a remote repo on GitHub and push all of my commits there for all the people to see and contribute.

Anyway, regarding Vim. I used to be a strict Visual Studio/Notepad++/Sublime Text kind of guy, but ever since I installed my linux server (that I used as a dev machine; I installed in a virtual machine) I started using Vim more and more. I just found it to be a much easier and more effective way of editing text. It has strict modes that work in different scenarios (Insert Mode, Visual Mode, Normal mode etc.) from which you do very specific things. In normal mode you'd browse through your text / code, in insert mode you edit your text and in visual you yank, cut and paste code around. But yeah, I just love Vim. There are just so many shortcuts to learn, so many neat things that you can do. Like, I can jump to N-th line of code, delete M-th column and jump back to location from which I executed those commands with just 3 letters. I'm the type of guy that prefers using keyboard to mouse. Even when I browset web I do everything through keyboard. I navigate through pages using Page Up/Down, Ctrl+L, Ctrl+T, Tab, Shift+Tab etc. Even in Windows I prefer using keyboard shortcuts the mouse. It just saves time so if you're like me, I think you'd enjoy Vim a hell of a lot. Keep in my mind, :help __comand_name__ is your friend if you decide to give it a go. :smile:
  14. Bithon

Vim. I started using it extensively as of lately and I am very happy with my productivity. Today I wrote 1000+ lines of code for a mod that I was working on and I'm quite happy right now! ^_^

Also Git. It really does put stuff into perspective when you use something that tells you how lazy or not lazy you are. Yay me :grin:
  15. Bithon

Beny said:
    Bithon said:
    Watching My Little Pony at the moment.... FALSE! I am actually watching The Office. Hah! You really thought I was watching little girl's show?! Jokes are on you!
    Well meme'd

Well, you know what my mum always used to say: "Git gut or die tryin"  :grin:
  16. Bithon

Is it possible to have game load several different terrains? I had this idea for a Sci-Fi mod where you had a main map set in space, and one for a planet. Is that possible ?

To clarify, is it possible to have multiple terrains be loaded?
  17. Bithon

What are you listening to right now? Mark IV.

True Nordic music?

18. Bithon

Watching My Little Pony at the moment.... FALSE! I am actually watching The Office. Hah! You really thought I was watching little girl's show?! Jokes are on you!
  19. Bithon

Wanna learn how to code? Look no further!

MadVader said:
    Bithon said:
    MadVader said:
    No, go to college or die.

What?
    Google-translated from Off-Topician: I really like your list.

I'm completely lost. What in the hell are you talking about ?!  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:
Back
Top Bottom