Search results for query: *

1. Mod request: Adding Custom Commander to Prophesy of Pendor ($20)

Hello, Wondering if anyone is willing to take on a small project for me--I'd like to add the "Custom Commander" mod that lets you play as one of your companions to Prophesy of Pendor 3.9. I'll pay $20 US via Paypal to anyone who can do this for me. It's for personal use, but I'll post it on...
  2. "Prestige is finite"

I am not sure I understand this phrase, but it gets thrown around a lot around here. I feel like I'm misunderstanding something. Every time you gain renown, you gain prestige as well, right? So if I have 5000 renown, that means I have 5000 prestige. As long as I can keep gaining renown, I should...
  3. [3.9] Gearing companions with lancer fix and horse archer AI?

Prior to the lancer fix, companion gearing was simple--I did 1h+shield for almost everyone, with either a crossbow or bow + ammo in the remaining slots. With the lancer fix though, I've noticed that the knight companions are doing much better with polearms. So a couple questions 1) What are the...
  4. Does anyone buy sergeants?

Does anyone here ever spend prestige to buy sergeants? In prior versions they were garbage troops (worse than comparable faction troops) so it didn't make sense to spend a finite resource to buy them. In 3.9 they've been buffed but they still don't seem good enough to be worth purchasing. Sure...
  5. What are the best non-KO throwing troops? At what proficiency/PT is throw useful

I've always wanted to mess around with throwing troops but never got around to it really. What are your favorite non-KO throwers? We all know that the top throwing troops are SLC/Scorps-->Krakens-->LVs. I know throwing weapon accuracy and damage are both influenced by power throw (particularly...
  6. [3.9] Some random troop tests

I ran a few tests on 3.9 yesterday to get a feel for some of the new and rebalanced units. In particular, I wanted to get an idea of the Marleons Heavy Cavalry's performance, as this is a unit I pretty much never use. Most of the tests came out how I expected, but there were a few surprises...
  7. [3.9] How good are the new "crossbowmen"?

3.9 added a couple of new "crossbow" troops. I put "crossbow" in parenthesis because I'm counting the Barclay Janissaries basically as crossbowmen, because the arquebus is basically cosmetic--functionally, it's a crossbow. (I know it's different for equippable companions because it doesn't have...
  8. What's required for a lord to follow me? Anyone have the code?

Since Qualis Gems are a bit harder to get in 3.9, due to removing savescumming and Noldor kiting, I've been theorycrafting ways to get my hands on more gems in the early game. In the past, leading a marshal stack and autocalcing has worked well, but that requires you to be appointed the marshal...
  9. [3.9] Let's talk about mercenaries!

I've never really used the mercenary companies before, but with 3.9 it looks like they got a nice buff and might be worth using. Anyone have experience with them? I have several questions about the mechanics: 1) What are your favorite mercenary companies? It looks like they all have similar...
  10. Standout troops in 3.9?

Been away from Warband for a while, was excited to see 3.9 come out. I downloaded it yesterday and opened up Morgh's, and saw quite a lot of changes. Some general questions about the troop trees for people that have played some 3.9... 1) How are the new level 38 huscarls? I saw that they lost...
  11. Cool looking army comps/list of heraldic mail troops?

Anyone have a list of good faction armies/neutrals/KOs that look pretty uniform together? Most of the faction armies already look consistent, but I was wondering what else could be added. For example: - Griffons' black and yellow goes well with Empire armies' black and gold - Falcons' blue...
  12. What do you guys do when your faction is at peace?

I'm a vassal of Fierdsvain (ruled by Ironhand) on day 282. Character is well developed, 600k in the bank, two walled fiefs with decent garrisons and Griffon chapters, four villages, decent 200-man army. Problem is, Ironhand won't go to war. He's been stagnant for about 40 days, when I won the...
  13. Engineer/machinist, tech-based playthrough?

I love this mod and I'm always trying to come up with interesting ideas for new playthroughs. I've done some unit-based playthroughs (eg female-only, Sarleon-only) but I usually end up building more or less the same kind of character. This time around, I want to do a different character that...
  14. Anyone tried a companions-only playthrough?

Using Leonion's testing script, there's a way to add several additional "heroes" to the game like the Singalian Vidona and the Mystmountain bandit leader. I wonder if the game would be fun (or winnable) with a party of ~30 companions with 1/2 damage to allies and 1/4 damage to player turned on...
  15. Usage of Qualis dust on companions

In my most recent playthrough I've been spending more qualis gems on my companions than my main character, and I've found the results to be decent. In particular, getting access to high power draw and high trainer levels has been meaningful for companion development. I'm thinking of prioritizing...
  16. Questions about villages / maximizing total # of recruits

I'm theorycrafting a new strategy (new to me at least) of guarding territory by getting villages near a choke point and flooding the area with militia patrols. Of course, to put a dozen 200+ militia patrols into the field, I'll need vast numbers of recruits. So theorycrafting how to get huge...
  17. Two things I miss about native

1) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbcHCHnf2YU 2) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbcHCHnf2YU
  18. Mirror, mirror on the wall--who is the manliest shock infantry of them all?

I was looking at the troop tree and trying to figure out if the Melitine Imperial Guard was a real bargain unit or not. It looks like a great deal--WPF 450, PS/PT9, throwing weapons, trained from a level 30 guy you can recruit in taverns. Its only weakness is that it has mediocre equipment. I'd...
  19. Which faction do you think is the hardest to fight against?

Wanted to start a discussion on this as it might be useful for 3.8 balancing. You can answer the question however you want--field battles, sieges off/def, hardest-to-take fiefs, lord cooperation, campaign AI. For me, I'd rank the difficulty in field battles as follows: 1) D'Shar (high spawn...
  20. Excellent thread on game mechanics

http://forum.melee.org/beginner's-help-and-guides/game-mechanic-megathread!/ Best thread I have ever seen on Warband's game mechanics. Caveat: it's for a different mod, and it looks like some of the formulas have been changed and may not apply to PoP. Still, there's a lot in there that I didn't...
Back
Top Bottom