Search results for query: *

1. Patone

Troop equipement

rewhymo said:
    okay well i learnt how to make my own troop tree but how do i make the recruits appear in the towns near the castles i capture if im factionless

Here's Custom Troops 1.0 for Floris 2.4 Expanded by CmdrQuartz:

http://www.4shared.com/file/vaRKXXaq/CustomTroops.html

A few things to keep in mind about it:

-Your recruits will be whichever troop is in slot #1105 as shown in Morgh's Tools.
    -This breaks savegame compatibility.
  2. Patone

The Music Thread

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UFtDA9T9gw

Falkenbach - Heathen Foray

My all-time viking metal favourite  :grin:
  3. Patone

The death of Swadia within the first year?

Oh, and the Sarranids always ally them and the Vaegirs. It seems to happen EVERY TIME, and it's so damn annoying...
  4. Patone

Intelligence XP Bonus

Duh said:
    Could we disable "free" weapon points? So that you can only get weapon proficiency via using the weapon (possibly offer an extra option in the training field to specifically add to a certain proficiency)?

What about giving weapon points normally for using a weapon, then making options on the training field to train your skills in a weapon, and let player train companions too by controlling them via custom commander? Some sort of training course (different from the current horseback one) in which the player/companion gets weapon points and exp in the end.
  5. Patone

[MiniMod]Floris Expanded Troop Tree 5% done

Even more troops?  :eek: I barely use 25% of the currently avaliable ones already! Good luck with your project mate.
  6. Patone

Intelligence XP Bonus

Ogrecorps said:
    My personal view is that the intelligence-based xp boost in the end allows a player to enjoy a higher level character longer and therefore not a problem. What I DO see as an issue, however, is the number of weapon points I am ending up with lately: nearly 900 accrued between my last level and current. I don't have the agility to have the weapon mastery to assign them where I would prefer them so they kinda get stuck wherever, making me all but unstoppable in tournaments. That is a bit much I think. Even at level 39 on day 397 (I advanced to that about a week ago in-game) I still have to choose between the base attributes in order to get things the way I want but have no such problem any more with proficiencies where I am, unfortunately I believe, a jack of all trades. Below are my stats:
    2011042600001.jpg

Edit: the first thing I did was push my INT to 15 where it has served me quite well since.

About time someone mentioned the absurd gains in weapon points. I've decided to test this with a brand-new character, just sieged a random castle and ctrl-f4'd the 150 defenders. In the end I had attained 350 (!) weapon points. See, for a guy to hit level 30, he must kill, on average, and not counting other ways of obtaining exp, 1500-2500 enemies. 2000 enemies killed could mean anything between 4000 and 5000 weapon points, which is a ridiculous amount, more than you get by the 30 levels plus say, 12 points into agi (that would give 360).
  7. Patone

Suggestions

Kittenpaw said:
    So been playing this mod for a bit now and find it very entertaining, so thanks for all of the great hard work team! Love the unit trees, items, maps etc.

Yet here I am in suggestions because one thing has been bothering me a bit so far: the ability to train your troops to tier 6/7.

I started my newest game with a small band of Khergit horsemen and was acting as a trader/mercenary lady. My goal was 20-30 troops who would slowly level up with me. Problem is, they have all been stuck at tier 4/5 and maybe two have hit level 6, 200+ days into the game now. I even specifically went with this small team so that XP would be more concentrated, in a hope to level them sooner then later. Now here is the rub: it is WAY easier to just hire a tier 6/7 troop from a defeated enemy then train one yourself. OR just recruit one from your prisoners. My army is currently about 60 now simply by hiring/recruiting defeated tier 6/7 troops.

Should it be easier to just 'buy' a tier 6/7 troop? I find it more rewarding to train my own army, makes you feel more 'attached' to them that way. I like that training takes longer then in native, but 200+ days is becoming silly, and the ease in obtaining tier 6/7 troops via other methods also makes it seem pointless.

Anyways, just the one thing I found that was bugging me a bit. Thanks for the fun Mod.

Tier 6/7 troops are supposed to be rare because they are EXTREMELY powerful. I was once able to take Narra, defended by 800 men, with 130 I6 Nord Husbondir and ~60 A6 Vaegir Luchniki.
    And no, it's not uber hard to have them if you have a bunch of trainer companions at high level, which kings or great lords usually have.
  8. Patone

Screenshots

monnikje said:
    Here's something I made last night (it was more work than I anticipated, but well, I had gotten quite some requests for it):
    femp25a.jpg

Arwa the Pearled One. Or Two.

Nice work!

Now if all ladies in the game looked like that my character wouldn't be a bloody soldier. He'd chase peasant women in Sargoth all day and all night.
  9. Patone

everybody against me

Reminds me of badboy from the Europa Universalis series...

"My king, the scum in Swadia declared WAR upon us!

They cite "Dishonorable Scum" as their casus belli!"

lol
  10. Patone

Honor

blitzking said:
    I think looting villages doesn't make you lose honor.

It does.
  11. Patone

Quick question

BTW, if it says 24 (1P) it's actually 24+1P, for 25 lords total.
  12. Patone

Forced recruitment is imbalanced

Patrick1110 said:
    I think the best way to punish players for doing this is a negative relation with the owner of the village, or if you own it; with any honourable lords in the realm. Something else that could be done is that companions may become upset to see you do such a thing.

I believe this is a nice trade off, a short term boost of troops for your army at the cost of what will be more beneficial in the long run, both choices are viable. It all depends on circumstance

Good one. And I have an idea for when the player owns the village: a little prosperity loss.

Khalim said:
    I fully support your opinion
    Thanks mate  :wink:

Duh said:
    -50 could lead to a screen that tells you: The village seems abondened. Although there are signs of life, you and your men cant find any of the villagers. It seems they have hidden theirselves, when they saw you coming.

Ofc. there would have to be cool down of this after a time, that gives the player an option to restore relationship.
    Yeah that's a good idea. And to restore relationship, maybe a quest for the elder that brings player's relations back to zero, but also promising the elder not to ever force recruit again from that village (and if the player does, he loses a lot of honor).
  13. Patone

Forced recruitment is imbalanced

Just thought I'd share my opinion on this feature. Everytime my party suffers some losses, I just go to the nearest village and voila, I fill it back up again with fresh recruits, because you can just force recruit over and over without a cooldown period. Also, whenever I hit the force...
  14. Patone

Screenshots

1301856193-860.jpg

:razz:
  15. Patone

The Polearm and Formation fixes - Effective? Balanced? Realistic?

I had great success using a tercio-like formation to beat cavalry charges. I mix infantry (voulgiers) and archers into the same group, tell them to form a square and stand closer xInfinity. In the end I have a blob of men who can both deliver ranged fire and murder any horse that gets near them. So yeah, those are uber-awesome =D
  16. Patone

Suggestions

Guys, I was reading the Battle Time mod thread (the mod that allows co-op play, i.e. you play the singleplayer campaign normally but when a battle comes up you can play it in multiplayer) and the source code is out so what about implementing it in Floris?
  17. Patone

Custom Troops v1.0 for v2.4 E

I'll take a look at the code and see what defines this - may be more work than normal, by the way, to change that stuff.
  18. Patone

Please add an option to NOT loot items

+1

And it's even more annoying when you tell companions to auto-upgrade, and they dump their inventories into the item pool, making an even bigger mess. Need an option to abandon items!
  19. Patone

Custom Troops v1.0 for v2.4 E

Your lords will recruit your faction troops when they go to a village to recruit, but most of their troops will be from their culture, if the lord is of Vaegir origin he'll use Vaegir troops - and this is true for any lord, under any faction. Even a Khergit guy under the Sarranids will use Khergit troops.
  20. Patone

Best Swadian Castle Defender?

In general terms, if you can train higher tier troops (got the cash + training skill to do it) use T6/T7 heavy cavalry (Chevalier Banneret/Barons Mineures) and T6/T7 archers (yeoman/retinue longbowman). Those swadian troops are da best.

However, if you can only get to T5, you totally gotta use Skirmishers. They have 3 power strike (like the I4 jacobites), but 142 weapon proficiency (more than the I5 jock!), plus they have 4 power draw and 180 archery proficiency (the same capabilities of a A5 selfbow archer! their bows are slightly weaker though but that's a very little difference), and did I mention they have shields to top it off? Their only downside is lack of an upgrade, so they will be defeated by more advanced T7 units. Other than that, they are almost like specifically built for sieges.

Back
Top Bottom