Search results for query: *

• Users: funk
  • Order by date
  1. 100 Infantry + Archers VS 100 Horsemen?? how to win?

Get them slowed down, a steep hill, rocks, a stream or some trees, anything to split up an slow them.
    Archers can the really work.
  2. Is this dead?

Hi guys,

I would like to ask one question, regarding the M&B 1.011
    I am currently playing a Native Expansion v0.568 mod and would like to export my character.

I have done everything so far, what was available on the forums:
    1. Clicked on character
    2. Statistics
    3. Export
    4. etc. ...

The problem is that I was never able to find the txt file with my characters name.
    I can remember, when I was using Win 7 OS, that I had to go to C:/User/Documents/Mount and Blade/Characters ... and there, I could modify my character. Is this happening because I am running the game on Win 8, please?

Moreover, after I exported the character, I was not able to import it in another gameplay - the message was that the file had not existed.
    If a solution exists for that, could you please kindly direct me to the thread/website/etc.?

Thank you
    Best regards
    katox
    No win 7 just has a crap search system.
    It should be at C:\Users\user\Documents\Mount&Blade Warband\Characters .

I recomend Everything (link) as search system, it searchs well everything
  3. Unable to locate my Brytenwalda folder in my Modules folder

Try SteamLibrary\steamapps\workshop\content\48700
    and SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\MountBlade Warband\Modules\Brytenwalda

If you have a good filename search engine then Brytenwalda is an easy term to find, Try Everything https://www.voidtools.com/downloads/
  4. Your relatives who went to war

Bench pressed a tank, Ok he was run over in to the sand an crawled out afterwards.
    The other joined the navy an had a dull war.
  5. Was the mod where you could recruit dena raiders ever made?

You can recruit prisoners.
  6. Question regarding Laminar Armor, Southeast Asian Armor

Wise_apple said:
    How could a nation that produce one of important product such nutmeg in ancient time defend themselves from invader if they wore no armor? No nation in the world no matter how "Primitive" they are, stupid enough to let their army fight without armor or cloth if they can afford one.
    There's a few cases of some of the Celts fighting naked to unnerve an disrespect the enemy while showing there tatoos, war paint an scars.
    Every one knows that your brave/crazy comeing to battle nude and they can see your warpiant and all your scars to scare them.
    i will note that it was only a tiny amount of the celtic armys that fight nude.

Nudity is mostly a phycological weapon see General Butt Naked.
    The other reasons for nudity on the battle field are stealth or river crossings
  7. Question about balance

Find East Engla's fraction claimant and start a civil war with them to split them up.
    Failing that try lord stomping an imprisoning, look for weaken lords with a few men, read the journal for X was beaten by Y but escaped, an there castle.
    A small fast party of cavalry can run them down and capture them.
    No lords equals no men, no one guarding there castle and a vast sum of cash for you when you get the ransoms.

Or you can join as a merc against them some time.
    Hide a spare army in the salt mine or your strong hold, raid all there villages and focus on fast storing assaults of multiple castles when there all following there marshal.
    You will not get to keep the castles and likely lose the job but it greatly weakens them makeing there wars multi fronted.
  8. History Dark Ages: know who they were and how they lived

matmohair1 said:
    Early examples of similar armor styles from...
    It not the style so much as the length and exact shape, there are Tibetan steel belts that do cover the waist.
    But there short (the first one is 5 3/4 in. (14.6 cm) high) and there curved so that you can bend in the middle.
    Of course such armor as shown in the reconstruction of the Chatalka burial might of been worn higher up on the chest, if only be an inch or so.
    Any way those Tibetan armour belts

restricted

( Armored Belt,17th–19th century Tibetan  at the met)
    iu

(Unsourced 1938–39 German expedition to Tibet?)
    Bundesarchiv_Bild_135-S-14-13-33%2C_Tibetexpedition%2C_Neujahrsparade%2C_Rta_pa.jpg

Bundesarchiv_Bild_135-S-14-13-14%2C_Tibetexpedition%2C_Neujahrsparade%2C_Reiter.jpg

( Both The 1938–39 German expedition to Tibet)
  9. History Dark Ages: know who they were and how they lived

That corset like thing is based on a older flawed interpretation of the Valsgärde boat finds
    04edeef76570ddf99cbe3ab24e4a4971.jpg

Flawed as you'ld be unable to bend over while wearing it.
  10. How many Brytenwalda players? Informal Poll!

Im still slowy working my way to king of Brytenwalda.
  11. The Last Kingdom's Depiction of Anglo-Saxons

Jacobhinds said:
    -Peter- said:
    Also, does anyone know how the battles were on a much smaller scale in comparison to Ancient battles? Is this just due to less exaggeration or something else?

In the early saxon period (i.e. before the big names like Athelstan and Alfred the Great) it was unusual for Saxon armies to be much larger than a few hundred men. The Saxon period began before feudalism and Britain lagged behind the rest of Europe in how centralised it was, so early on it was common for an army to consist of a king and his retinue and little else.
    Such small armies where solely made up of professional warriors with mail armour, good helmet and swords, you know all the things that no one has in the battle scenes.
    That not to say the king couldn't raise more people they could under the fyrd system a kind of general levy of everyone in a set area.
    But that was slow, expensive, needed planing and let every one know what the plan was, after all it could be thousands of men.
    And then you realise that most of them are only armed with spear and shield and maybe some throwing spears.

matmohair1 said:
    The Last Kingdom's depiction of round vs rectangular shields was a stupid decision, just Imaging
    giving two opposing Greek hoplite forces different shields supposedly to tell them apart!

I was slapping my head and shouting paint at the TV, why not just paint the dam shields!

garfelf you fat cat !! said:
    I hate that shield wall so much. Vikings started it, or maybe it was 300? The literal shield wall.
    If there was some CGI spear and arrows being fired at the shied wall then it would be less stupid.
  12. What if Axis won WW2?

First we have to set out how the axis win.
    Now the best hope for them is to sign a peace treaty with Britain shortly after Dunkirk and the fall of Europe.

Britain has lost most of it arms and is in no state to invade Europe but the axis are like wise unable to overcome the royal navy and air force to invade.
    So Britain can now throw it's weight in the far east  and taking in all this refuges from Europe.

The third reich can now reorganize and get ready to fight the Russians, ideally the attack would happen a few days in to the winter war germany come to the air of the fin against the communist aggressors.
    Now there is far to much of russan to ever be fully conquered but the army can be broken and up to the defences in the urals.
  13. Council Chambers: Ideas & Suggestions

Remodel them as genetic leather clad SS women?
  14. General History Questions thread

Hengwulf said:
    It would be an interesting quest though to find the first popular source of back strapped swords. Must be hollywood or maybe something like D&D.
    It will probably some early great sword user copying how axes can be strapped to your back.
    Really strapping  a sword to your back is fine, it the idea that you can speed draw it that's wrong.

15. The hoplite, and how they fought.

Most hoplites worked by stabbing at there foes with spears from a distance and keeping there foes back.
    Then your missile troops can be mostly safe behind the hoplites, the cavalry can guard the flanks.
    Now what you want to happen is for part of enemy line to falter then you can charge in with swords.

If you had to push forwards, the front rank would draw swords and have the men behind them stabbing over there heads.

At no point do you aim to get so close that you can't swing your sword, because if that happens you can't fight or defend and will probably die.

If a Spartan had one of those big red cloaks he'd of removed it before the battle, it'd just get the way.
  16. Comments: 3.0 Released

i like the new scabbards.
    i love to get some armour and weapons that have a Europe touch.

and let have a few pistols
    800px-Antique_Japanese_%28samurai%29_tanegashima_pistol.jpg
    tanegashima.jpg
    Antique_samurai_tanegashima_(matchlock)_pistols.jpg
  17. Why were the tactics of the roman legions abandoned ?

the idea of infantry in a formation continues well in to the 19th century.
    look at the shield walls of the dark ages the pike blocks of the 1500's.
    really only after the u.s. civil war does infantry spread out abit.
  18. Recommended mods for original Mount&Blade

Just for fun try Gangs of Glasgow, Solid and Shade and WWII: China Battlefield.
  19. Spear and shield hardest weapon combo?

try to step forwards just before you attack this will give you a good 50% plus speed.
    still swords and axes rule in this mod.
Back
Top Bottom