Search results for query: *

1. MP Add "FACE" Hitbox with separate armor value provided by helmet item

doesn't multiplayer use a global armor value? there is no locational armor.
  2. Please give shields to every faction's tier 2 infantry

Oh wow, I never really noticed the difference in collision from the gamescom demo and the current version. I did notice that troops got their weapons stuck on eachother's models in combat, but it seems like tweaking the collision should fix it while also making battles look better. The gamescom demo definitely has less problems in scenarios with very crowded fights, while the YT video actually had AI clipping through eachother. I hope the devs are keeping a close eye on this issue.
  3. Menavlion Infantry in Captain Mode

Let's actually take a closer look at the menavlion compared to other polearms and two handers in the game

Menavlion - 129 dmg 83 swing speed
    Glaive - 140 dmg 89 swing speed
    Heavy glaive - 174 dmg 73 swing speed
    Bardiche - 145 dmg 84 swing speed
    Great axe -141 dmg 87 swing speed
    Voulge - 147 dmg 97 swing speed
    long falx -133 dmg 97 swing speed

Menavlion also has awful handling at 72 and the actual menavlion character himself only has 7 armor so they get melted by bows and weak weapons.

After patch 1.2, the menavlion will be one of the weakest polearms in terms of damage, speed, and handling, with length being its only advantage.
  4. Please give shields to every faction's tier 2 infantry

There is also thing about unit collision making higher tier units perform not so good against large number of low tier units. They essentially get swarmed and it make formations kind of redundant.
    That is why archers are so good right now. They can reliable deliver damage on long ranges against swarms of shield less unit where both high tier infantry and cavalry get swarmed. Especially infantry. Making any infantry with no javelins kind of not good enough.

I'm not sure what you mean by unit collision. If you're talking about weapons getting stuck on the person behind you, then I'd agree.

Archers are definitely one of the most effective units in the game, especially when half of the factions don't have shields until tier 3 on their infantry. Some of the stronger bows such as the noble bow can kill any unit in a few hits, which makes shields a necessity and any faction that has a lack of them is at a severe disadvantage.
  5. Why not add penalty to TAB - retreat tactics

I think retreat should be locked if the enemy is too close to your units, or maybe make it so you have to actually move your units to the red boundaries of the map in order to retreat without casualties.
  6. Menavlion is too slow, but hits too hard

Menavlion sucks in every mode except in siege and tdm. Patch 1.3 nerfs the menavlion so maybe we should wait and see if the nerfs are justified. The glaive, berserker great axe, bardiche, voulge, and long falx do more damage than the menavlion now in patch 1.3 which seems like way too much of a nerf to me, but we will see.

Menavlion - 129 dmg 83 swing speed
    Glaive - 140 dmg 89 swing speed
    Bardiche - 145 dmg 84 swing speed
    Great axe -141 dmg 87 swing speed
    Voulge - 147 dmg 97 swing speed
    long falx -133 dmg 97 swing speed

Menavlion also has the worst handling at 72 and the actual menavlion character himself only has 7 armor

After patch 1.3, the menavlion will be the weakest polearm in terms of damage, speed, and handling, with length being its only advantage.
  7. Multiplayer, Aserai weak, khuzaits infantry weak

khuzeit lancers arnt as good as other factions melee cav, but the faction is about horse archers not melee cav so that seems fine to me. their armor is pretty weak compared to their counterparts, as well as horse armor.

If you're talking about SP, Khuzait lancers are incredibly good when you consider that they're from the basic troop tree. They're comparable to other faction's noble cav equipment wise but have lower stats. They don't have as good of stats but you can spam them and replace them very easily.

For MP, their only advantage seems to be their high maneuverability, glaive, and choice for bows.
  8. Multiplayer, Aserai weak, khuzaits infantry weak

are you talking about every game mode?

aserai get the fastest horses in the game. mamlukes are faster than empire coursers
  9. Was procedurally generated battlefields removed?

I enjoy it more. You can still pick if you want to fight in a field, forest, in snow, etc. but it also doesn't give you the awful mountain and hill maps in warband that were just unrealistic and almost impossible to fight on with any meaningful tactics
  10. Was procedurally generated battlefields removed?

Yes. It now chooses from a selection of maps based on your location on the campaign map, applies the correct weather and time, and randomizes the location where you and the enemy spawn at.
  11. Waring factions should not be able to bypass choke point castles to invade enemy territory

I don't think this is what castles were used for though historically. I'm pretty sure castles and forts were mostly made to gather and protect armies, protect nearby villages, train soldiers, store equipment, and launch assaults.

I think armies mostly took animals and food such as grain with them on wagons, lived off the land, and plundered villages for supplies so I don't see why not capturing castles would destroy your supply line. Medieval armies with over 5,000 soldiers have survived off the land so I don't see how the smaller armies of bannerlord would starve to death so easily.
  12. Polearms/Couchables Should Have Durability

i'm guessing this is for singleplayer? as the only decent polearm is the menavlion which got nerfed already. couched lances aren't even that good either because the reach is awful.
  13. Feels like "Total war : Arena" + Poll

Warband had a minimap, and I wouldn't mind it being implemented into bannerlord as well. but a progression system sounds like a bad idea. I've never played TW arena but if someone has better troops because they've played for longer, then that simply isn't fair.
  14. Please give shields to every faction's tier 2 infantry

Thing that baffles me why they didn't make their Leadership training perks work per unit in stack not per stack.
    It would solved literally most of the problems both for AI and players.
    I see few solutions.
    >make basic troops not ****, now they are arrow fooder mostly, make them useful like basic shield troops or skirmishers/based on culture
    >make 2nd tier troops more available in recruitment
    >fix passive training by either making training perks work per unit in stack and/or by implementing training sessions in settlements(that boost exp for lower tier units), would give lords another thing to do in cities, this would also help player as grinding looters manually is tiresome
    >add shared exp(more for lower tier troops), it would help especially if you have some odd single troops that not level up(currently only effective way to level low tier recruits is to level up them in mass)
    >allow AI and player to hire more mercenaries from Inns, AI lords respawing after escape/getting free would respawn in allied settlement and then hire some merc units to kickstart their armies

I agree. All tier 2 infantry need shields rather than only half of the factions getting shielded tier 2 infantry. Passive training should also work on entire stacks rather than one unit at a time. Shared XP would also help, as currently most XP is stolen by top tier units and your troop levelling starts to stagnate once your units get broken up into different tiers as you upgrade.
  15. Leveling is cringe-worthy

I agree. It doesn't even feel rewarding either. I guess the devs were trying to avoid the character from becoming a super soldier like in Warband, but it feels so pointless when you waste your time trying to level up some skills for a few % bonuses or a useless perk.
  16. Please give shields to every faction's tier 2 infantry

You`re not talking to some newbie here boyo, I`ve played mount and blade since black knights were up and about :wink: The point you completely missed is the AI getting free troops, by magic whereas you get to jog on, village to village to recruit them, then jog on some more to kill looter parties, good luck getting a decent fight out of them after you got to 130 troops (they`ll start surrendering like crazy), not to mention the chore of catching them while you have 150 footsoldiers... Remember, we`re talking bucelarii here, not your khuzait peasant that gets a horse at level 2.

I know that AI parties spawn with around 50 units, but they have to go from village to village to get more recruits. Honestly I think allowing the AI to cheat for troops is fine as long as it's not completely unfair. Currently you can just farm until you get around 40 top tier archers and melt entire armies that way as the AI just spams recruits. The AI also fights very big battles that destroy their armies constantly in autoresolves.

The problem to me is that there's no grace period or cooldown. As soon as they're released, they're going to receive their 50 units instantly and head to your villages or the nearest army and become a nuisance. The AI teleporting entire armies to castles or towns that you're sieging gets old as well.

The system does need tweaking to make it more balanced and fun. Currently, it's just a boring slog when you have to deal with the peasant hordes that the AI sends towards you.
  17. Please give shields to every faction's tier 2 infantry

i dont agree with this
    every faction has strength and weakness
    if weakness removed then one faction would rule them
    if they all become the same than game becomes boring af

But every faction will still have strengths and weaknesses. Tier 2 shields don't magically make every faction the exact same. Wouldn't factions like Sturgia and Khuzait be the same faction because of their tier 2 shields then? They're complete opposites

Battania: Highest quality noble archers but limited cav and regular archers
    Vlandia: Decent cavalry and accessible crossbows but only get good heavy infantry at tier 5 (which have bad shields and don't use them sometimes) and completely lack horse archers and bowmen
    Aserai: Great cavalry but lightly armored infantry (even the aserai veteran infantry only has 18 head armor)
    Empire: Well armored but very slow, no shields for cataphracts, with only 1 horse archer and lack of dedicated shock troop (menavlions use swords in melee)
    Khuzait: Amazing horsemen but very lacking in infantry, especially shock infantry
    Sturgia: Good infantry (especially after stat and equipment patch) but lack of horsemen and armor for their shock troops
  18. Please give shields to every faction's tier 2 infantry

not to mention the AI gets free troops (yeah, sure, most of them are lower tiers) whereas you gotta GRIND and grind and then GRIND some more... it took me something like 2-3 hours of constant fighting looters just to get a decent 150 bucelarii horse archers, now I find the save is corrupted, because apparently you can`t save more than 58 times or something? Grind some more...

I've also made a thread about this in the past, but I think the problem is that there's very little shared xp and passive training. It's easy to level up 150 recruits at once if you upgrade them when they're all ready to upgrade, but if you upgrade them one by one, it gets harder to train them as they can't score enough kills due to lack of shared XP when higher tiers steal all the XP. Passive training also works only on one unit instead of the entire stack so it's hardly an option for training.

well, as I've said time and time again, progression is broken... The trick is to either be a Zen Master, a Dalai Lama, or Masochist to endure it. Imo there should be a ****-ton of gold sinks, we should be able to purchase even fiefs from the get go, we should be able to invest ridiculous amounts of gold to train troops automatically. Same rules should apply to the AI, so a King will always have an elite army really hard to beat. That'd make things way more interesting, and would curb snowballing.

Talking about fiefs, the fact that we cannot select to whom give the fief and being always locked under pre-made elections forces some really serious border-gore that actually hurts your faction due to logistics when assembling armies. Same goes to giving your own fiefs, you simply cannot, and I can't make a sense as to why.

This is getting offtopic but I agree. You can buy fiefs with the trading perk apparently, but there isn't much to buy in the late game. I think there needs to be more options for fiefs such as paying for automatic recruitment that goes to your garrison or maybe patrols that stop bandits.
  19. Please give shields to every faction's tier 2 infantry

Don't aserai have javalins to compensate?

Some units do but the tier 2 aserai tribesmen do not get javelins. Vlandia and Battania don't get javelins either for their tier 2. Some factions like Empire get javelins for their infantry anyways despite them having tier 2 shields

oh, but they are DEADLY with their spears held with 2 hands... I've died in battlle at least 6 times due to not being careful enough when charging at them hahaha 3 of them in a mini-stack can kill you quite fast

They can be quite deadly with their reach but in reality the T2 equipment is pretty much the same as a recruit and isn't that impressive. They really need cheap shields and there doesn't really seem to be a reason why half of the factions' T2 infantry get shields while the other half don't
  20. Please give shields to every faction's tier 2 infantry

So I don’t think making every faction aesthetic different carbon copies of each other is the way to go

I just dont

There is more to the game then just a shield wall. Vlandia gets early access to Range and it’s Special tier is 100% mounted. Aserai however gets late access to true range (Tier 4) and Battanians gets late access to Cav and limited access to true range. Those other bullets points combine with Tier 3 shield wall being the start and cause the greater issues with the rosters.

So again, carbon copy troop trees aren’t a very immersive, deep game play answer. Ensuring there is upside in place of the short comings is

Having tier 2 shielded infantry and the things you described in the third paragraph are not mutually exclusive. Factions will still have their strengths and weaknesses. Aserai will still have amazing cavalry, battania will still have the best quality archers, etc. I also don't really understand your examples. Both Vlandia (shieldless T2) and Empire (T2 with shields) have 100% mounted special troops and tier 2 archers. And wouldn't having T2 shields be advantageous for Aserai and Battania who rely on late tier troops for their cavalry and archers?

Warband had shields for every T2 infantry unit yet their factions' strengths and weaknesses were even more pronounced than in Bannerlord. I don't think Tier 2 shielded infantry is the end of faction diversity and aesthetic. If anything, it can be the beginning of it. More shields stop the current overpowered archer spam and open more options, such as the usage of shock troops that seem promising but don't cut it on the battlefield currently.
Back
Top Bottom