Search results for query: *

1. proudlimey

Resolved 665 million influence gain after battle

I just gained around 665 million influence after fighting a battle. It seems like it just added a load of random digits. If anyone knows a command to remove influence, or set a custom amount, that would be much appreciated. Kind of ruins the immersion after all of the hard work getting to over...
  2. proudlimey

Resolved Game menu item text out of bounds again

In recent fixes for 1.5.7, this was one of the fixes: "Fixed a visual bug that caused game menu items' text to go out of bounds." It seems in the latest one it is back again, at least for headgear: Edit: The bug also occurs when read pop-up settlement info when hovering over with the mouse.
  3. proudlimey

Resolved No sound, game crashes at options

I seem to have found a fix.

In the engine_config.txt file I changed sound_device from 0 to 1. So far it works, but the sound option in the options menu seems to start with the wrong selected sound, meaning I need to change it everytime.

Obviously the daisy chaining had nothing to do with it, but I did knock off the HD Audio motherboard cable while re-jigging it. Perhaps plugging it in again messed things up? No other games were affected though.

I guess this can be classed as 'resolved' now, although obviously not ideal.
  4. proudlimey

Resolved No sound, game crashes at options

This morning, after no problems at all, my game suddenly starts with no sound. When I try and click on options in the main menu (or in game), the game crashes. I can load games fine, but there is still no sound, and eventually it crashes. I find this bizarre, as only 2 days ago there was a...
  5. proudlimey

Resolved Wanderer skills reset to 0 in e1.5.8

Since the update all of the wanderer companions have had their skills wiped in my game. This issue was raised for an earlier build last year, and resolved. Hopefully it is an easy fix. https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/wanderer-skills-and-levels-are-set-to-0-in-1-4-3.428677/
  6. proudlimey

Parties exceeding command limit by picking up former captives

Yeah this is an annoying one. I filled the party of my companion, a great tactician, with some high level troops. Soon I started fretting as the '3 troops have deserted his party' message started to come up from afar.
  7. proudlimey

[Guide] Optimising single-player performance - Stuttering? Got 8gb RAM? This might help

which version? 1.0.10 or 1.1.0.beta?

some people with sieges issues are using this workaround: they breach the walls and dont bring any sieges weapons. It reduces the pathfinding conflicts and makes the siege just like a field battle (performance wise). Not a solution, and TW should fix their issues as patches go, but may serve as a suggestion for now (sieges are fun after all).

It was 1.0.10. I followed a few of the suggestions, the memory cleaner app in particular, and I managed to get through a siege without game destroying lag on the third attempt - on the lowest of settings. Unfortunately my engineer ability is not good enough yet to destroy the walls!

I've got 1.1.0 beta now though, so will see if things improve after that!
  8. proudlimey

[Guide] Optimising single-player performance - Stuttering? Got 8gb RAM? This might help

My game runs very well in combat, even in the big battles I run it on medium settings.

But sieges are a different story, especially since the last patch. Sometimes,when the ladders/siege towers hit the walls and I am trying to engage the defenders, it is terrible. I had an instance today where the game was absolutely unplayable and stuttering even in lowest settings.
    I have 16gb ram/AMD FX(tm)-8350 /GTX 1060 6gb.
  9. proudlimey

Ships changed from oak to ash

This just happened to me. I had two beautiful tarred oak Skeids, which are now dull ash models :ohdear: :cry: Oddly my third ship, a captured oak Snekkja, has remained oak. I can't give a precise time of when this happened, and I wouldn't know what saved game to send, but it happened when I left them in my port Bebbanburh one time to go wandering around Northumbria trying to persuade lords to join the Northumbrian rebellion.
Back
Top Bottom