Search results for query: *

1. DevinC

.901a110 released

The modding community really takes this already great game and makes it absolutely awesome. Thanks for the continuing effort, Band of Warriors is my most played mod, and its awesome to see it ported to .901 so quickly. Much appreciated.
  2. DevinC

Band of Warriors v0.808d August 20, 2007 New Release

Thank you for all your hard work on this mod, fisheye.

Its one of my most played mods (currently Band of Warriors and A Shield Laying on Water :smile: )

3. DevinC

A Shield Lying on the Water -- Moved to MBX

Your mod is awesome. I hope you keep working on it, because I enjoy it greatly, and would love to see it reach the completion you envision for it.

Nothing really constructive to add at the moment, I'm not much of a modder.

Just thanks and keep up the great work, you can be certain I'll be playing each new version as you upgrade :wink:
  4. DevinC

Mount&Blade version 0.805 is released!

Man, everytime I turn around, there's something new to this game :razz:

Great continued work, Armagan and team :grin:

Its becoming more and more of a rare occasion for me to feel that I'm getting my money's worth from a game.

Mount and Blade is one of the games where I feel I've made an excellent buy and recieved my money's worth.

Thanks for all the fun. And also to the mod community for all the different ways to enjoy :grin: This game has an excellent community!
  5. DevinC

Saving private Ryan.

I ram my charger into the enemy, wheel and do it again, while my lone troop hacks at the bodies of the scattered foes who find themselves knocked over again every time they gain their feet.

Sure, a Charger isn't very fast, nor particularly manoueverable, but boy oh boy do they make a mess of enemy formations, even relatively thick ones.
  6. DevinC

How can I upgrade milita to footman?

You're welcome :smile:

A high leadership can be a good thing. Later in the game, you'll face some big enemy groups (sometimes over 100 men!)

Good luck, and hope you enjoy the game :grin:
  7. DevinC

How can I upgrade milita to footman?

Get them enough experience through battles or the trainer skill, and eventually you can upgrade them :razz: Same way that you should have gotten militia from peasants.

Just remember that if you have no free slots in your party, you'll have to wait until ALL your militia can upgrade, or you'll need to free up some space in your party, or get another slot with more leadership skill.
  8. DevinC

Raw Stats - Levelling the Minions Up

I'm not positive on this, but if you get the Unofficial editor, open up whichever version you're playing (Native, or any of the mods), go to the View menu and choose troops. There you can see what level the starting troops are, and what level their upgrades are.

I THINK that means they have to get to the level of their upgraded version before they can upgrade.

Example - Swadian peasant is level 4 and Swadian militia is level 9. So the Swadian Peasants would need to get an amount of exp equal to what you need for level 9 before they could upgrade to militia. Thats my guess, anyway.
  9. DevinC

M&B Trailer Video

I liked it :grin: I thought the music was well chosen, too. Nice job :smile:
  10. DevinC

SP Medieval The Lombard Leagues - mod announcement

Wow. This mod sounds amazing. Good luck with this, and know that I am VERY much looking forward to becoming a bringer of peace to Lombardia, freeing the common people from the long years of war and corruption :grin:
  11. DevinC

Tell us about your character!

My character I've been playing for a while is Devin, the heavy knight.

He's up to black platemail (rusty, though :razz:), a battered war shield, a bastard sword and great lance.

He completely disdains ranged combat and fights in close, starting battles with a couple of passes with his lance until the enemy is so swarmed by his allies that he has to switch to his bastard sword.

For him, there is no greater glory then facing knights in a headlong charge towards each other, and he has never once been unhorsed in a pass in jousting. Although he has had his horse cut out or shot out from underneath him after several passes plenty of times :razz:

Here's a shot of him riding down an unfortunate infantryman.

He hunts bandits wherever he finds them, often selling the survivors into slavery. A forced penance for their misdeeds. And if there happens to be a little profit earned because of that... well... wages must be payed, after all! Even the best of knights needs a few friends to watch his back.

His army comprises of Swadian Men-at-arms and Knights with irregulars being comprised of Fighter women and sword sisters (the survivors of a vicious Dark Knight attack on innocent farmers... the peasant women have trained hard and are now a formidable force in their quest for vengeance against the dark horde that plagues the land).
  12. DevinC

Screenshots

Who says headshots are only for archers? :grin:

13. DevinC

Where is the merchant?

Yeah, I've seen that bug reported. What people recommended (and what I now ALWAYS do) is save before accepting a caravan or nobleman mission to make sure it actually spawns properly, so if it doesn't, I can reload and not do the mission, or try again and see if it spawns this time. In this way, I have never been screwed :smile:
  14. DevinC

Expressions of Interest in new Mod - Wheel of Time

Dude, I'd be all over a Wheel of Time mod :grin: Unfortunately I have zero skill to support such a venture :sad:

And I keep hearing this Song of Ice and Fire series name popping up around... sounds like something I'll have to look into...
  15. DevinC

Rest in Peace.

Your models are looking good so far, and that map that Thorgrim, was it? is working on looks awesome :grin: I very much look forward to the mod and support the decision to make it more RTK/DW based (my friend and I are fans of both series and overuse the infamous 'Who else seeks death?' in far too many games :grin: Our first reaction upon seeing your reply to one of my posts was "Lu..Lu... LU BU! LU BU HAS COME TO DESTROY US ALL!")

I'll be siding with the Sun family of Wu as I always do :grin: And my friend will likely side with Cao Cao's empire. Too bad this game doesn't have multiplayer. Man would it be cool :grin: Although I'd prefer coop. There's just not enough good cooperative games.

But anyway, like I said, really looking forward to this mod, good luck to the team, and keep up the awesome work :grin:
  16. DevinC

Talk about borcha

I made Borcha and Marnid heavy horsemen (heavy armour, shield, and best sword or mace they can carry).

Because the last time I gave Borcha a ranged weapon, he headshotted me with a rock for some outrageous damage number that had me yelling "IT WAS A #*&$ing ROCK! Why can't he do that to the ENEMY?!"

As heavy horsemen they actually kill stuff without dying now :razz: I had them last through 2 rounds of fighting against Dark Knights. My peasant women got like 2 upgrades from that fight (they're out for revenge against Dark Knights when a party of them slaughtered all their menfolk, so I didn't have the heart to turn them away, they've only suffered 2 casaulties so far, I'm thoroughly impressed).

But then I booted them out of my party when I created a couple custom characters to replace them with :razz: People cooler then a horse-thief and a washed-up merchant :wink:
  17. DevinC

A question of status

Level 13 in about 19 days. We fight at any time of the day (although I don't like fighting at night and will try my best to avoid engaging Dark Knights or Dark Khergits at night) and I spent a long time in the arena doing the jousting, courtesy of Janus' Arena Expansion mod. I've never been unhorsed in a joust against the top combat AI (Good) and thus my arena record is 100% :razz: (although I had one pass where bloody Kradus actually LIVED through a charge... I think I must have just scratched him or something, because it did like 61 or 62 damage, and he has like 63 or 65 health or something like that). Helped me make money to equip myself and my heroes (custom heroes added into the game courtesy of Winter, Lu Bu and Janus' helpful info :grin: ) so we could take on the tougher stuff earlier.
  18. DevinC

What's your best shot difficulty?

Only a 6.9 here. Started a character to be a heavy infantryman (crossbow, pike and 2-handed sword :razz:) and during a charge of river pirates, as they were coming over a hill, I took a quick shot and instakilled one, headshot :razz: I was mighty impressed considering I was aiming for that particular guy and it was the start of the game with low skill (but hey, crossbows are pretty accurate I guess).
  19. DevinC

What's the most damage you've given?

About 193 on a charge against a charging enemy. Using a double-sided lance. Hope to upgrade that now that I have a great lance.
  20. DevinC

!!! - ATTENTION MB COMMUNITY - !!!! Your aid is needed!

Those river pirates are a scurvy lot, they are! Picking on peasants and yacht racers alike. VILLAINOUS! Hang 'em all! Or sell 'em into slavery...
Back
Top Bottom