Search results for query: *

1. Dankmar

SP Tutorial Module System Adding a new race (Read second post)

Heyho! Sorry for bringing up this old thread, but maybe someone of you could help me.

Simply put, i did everything like its told here, checked it again and again over the last 4 hours, tested around etc. But everytime i start a new game, select the new race and setup the skills it crashes as soon as i get to the charakter looks screen. Any idea why that is? (Yes the brf and textures are all placed. Even tested it with the original undead ones. It seems it only works when i use the standard human framework and dont replace anything)
  2. Dankmar

Official 3D art thread - Warband

Well hey guys. :smile:
    First time posting here, so its not mutch, just some orcs i made over the last weeks for mount and blade. Still new to rendering.

16143386_1270415483025115_6610221992215544206_o.jpg

16299724_1273609016039095_4463409141612252137_o.jpg

.eJwFwdENhSAMAMBdGIBKKQqO4QYECJooEFq_zNv93X3qnbfa1SkyeAfIF6c-s2bpM9aia-_1LnFcrFN_IIrEdD6lCQOuloJbvSHaFkveG8DNonXkwkJoDZqAcJSWy9SjVfX7A-FSIic.gKoMS7tn8Pan2yMGWgDL9adIYjI
  3. Dankmar

SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

Happy christmas guys! Hope your had a good time.

But to another point.
    Concidering the amount of pages here, and the active communety i thought it could be a neat idea to set up a discord server.
    Just a basic one at the moment, gonna add some more channels and a logo later.
    How ever wants can join. :smile:

https://discord.gg/5h6JgCx
  4. Dankmar

Dorfus145 said:
    Dankmar said:
    First stormrat models with the new headmesh. Did come out a bit more bulky in general, hope thats allright with you guys.

unbenannt15afutqge3.png

unbenannt283rtl7069i.png

Let me tell you what you're missing there...

-A cape, stormies always have a cape

-SPIKES, MORE SPIKES, HOW DARE YOU MAKE A SKAVEN MODEL WITHOUT SPIKES?!?!?

-A crest in the helmet. That's their rank symbol or something

Maybe you were about to put that on, but I'm just remarking it in case you weren't going to. :wink:

Good points, gonna add them when im back from all that christmas stuff. :smile:
  5. Dankmar

First stormrat models with the new headmesh. Did come out a bit more bulky in general, hope thats allright with you guys.

unbenannt15afutqge3.png

unbenannt283rtl7069i.png
  6. Dankmar

Incognico said:
    Dankmar said:
    Allready done :wink:
    After the last update 5-6 months ago i revamped the orcs again. New helmets, armors and so on, just need to implement and package them again. Im gonna do that after the goblins, but i dont want to spend to mutch time on the green wave. Just wanted to get them finish, so i can take a look into the scaven. :smile:

Awwww yisss. I'm stoked! I dabbled a bit in 3D modelling and played around with skaven but then I sunk into learning more about coding and abandoned my "ragged plaque priest project". But I found some pretty nice concept art for assassins, clan rats and plaque monks, skaven runes and symbols though. Tell me if you want me to send them to you for inspiration.

Also dayum! Thread is boiling today!

Sure! Send them over :grin:
  7. Dankmar

Nameless Warrior said:
    Prophesy of Pendor is my favourite mount and blade mod of all time and one of my favourite mods in any game ever. It is a shame that I have not had the chance to play their latest version but real life takeths as well as giveths.

Concerning early bandits the next update will have the new small bandit groups which are friendly to the faction they reside in so they will likely survive long enough for the player to fight them. That should help.

Sounds good.
    Btw would it be possible to add bannerman like in that game of throne mod for exemple?
  8. Dankmar

Incognico said:
    Dankmar said:
    Thought i post some progress pictures.

Quality stuff, man! Are you planning on working on the ork armors more? I think a few variations of what you already made with some clunky metal bitz, shoulder pads and the sort would really make a huge impact on variety of troops for not that much work. (you can probably even only combine what you already made - mixing a little :wink:)

Also I wondered about the squigs: Is the animation so stiff because they have two legs and a 4 legged skelleton screws it up? Or did someone just leave it for "later"?

Also how's Gorka Morka coming along?  :grin:

Allready done :wink:
    After the last update 5-6 months ago i revamped the orcs again. New helmets, armors and so on, just need to implement and package them again. Im gonna do that after the goblins, but i dont want to spend to mutch time on the green wave. Just wanted to get them finish, so i can take a look into the scaven. :smile:

But another question at the com in general.
    I often hear that many have problems starting out it warsword, because of the lack of bandits.
    Why dosent you all just hunt patrols of enemy factions from the start? All races have some enemys right around the corners... There you always find some heads to bash in. :grin: In general how about we all post some starting strategies, so poolio could bundle them, and post them as a article in the moddb.

My start.
    1: Ill put at least some points into pathfinding at the beginning, so i can outrun more.
    2: I dont buy to mutch stuff more myself with my starting coins, and put everything into some villagers.
    3: Sneak into enemy terretory, and "ask" some villages for stuff. You mostly get around 1k per village. So if i do that 1-2 times and i have enough to recruit a full stack of starting units.
    4: Hunt some enemy partolls, so my units level up.
    5:Starting to plunder villages.
    6: start to grind.
    7: as a evil charakter i often head for the desert. Many merchants and bigger bandit partys to fight, and the terrain is perfect for a cavalery hating player like myself.
  9. Dankmar

Thought i post some progress pictures.
    I added the "new" orchelmets i created after the last update to the goblinfaction, and created some new shields.
    Besides that i mostly did some experimenting with normal and bumb maps. Got it to the point that you can see every muscle and peace of metal on our little green fellas. They look now way more high poly. On the flip side they get somewhat of an pixelated look out of that. My guess is thats because of the small texture size for the normal maps (512*512 like all my textures) Gonna run a test tommorow with 1024, and see if it works.

PS: Overlook the black border of the shields.

My plan for the next days gonna be to create new wolves, that look a bit more like the beast of the badlands they should be. And create a great khan armor, for the biggest and meanest goblins around. :grin:

201612210343562s0z85jp37.jpg

20161221034418d54ijb0v2q.jpg

20161221034720dq78r42u0p.jpg

unbenanntsgl3z84o9a.png
  10. Dankmar

kraggrim said:
    polloio said:
    NOW it's a Christmas card:

eOb62.jpg

Good stuff :smile:.

Even high-res textures probably won't be reusable in Bannerlord as they are now using PBR. I'm no expert, but I don't think there's a way to convert. Depends how flexible it is, maybe you can force in non-pbr stuff as placeholders.

We don't know their system, but maybe if you still have the high-polys it would be possible to rebake and reconstruct stuff, so not all work would be lost I guess.

Never heard of PBR so cant comment on that. But i know for sure that there are no high poly models in use in warsword. Well besides the stuff from that chaos and empire stuff. All other textures are baked from low poly models and handdrawn.

From what i can see, and understand the biggest feature in that regard from bannerlord are the new shaders. They should display normal and bumb maps way better then m&b. And it seems to be better performanced.
  11. Dankmar

polloio said:
    Dankmar said:
    Quick mashup for the new heavy goblin armor. Gonna add an chainmail later, to give it a bit more of a robust image, and maybe a fur coat.
    c5713a-1482073230.png

Stunning work Dankmar!

Badlands goblins are finally going to be badlands goblins :grin:

Thanks mate, thats the plan. :grin: And the only thing that i have to model are some neat helmets.
    Glad you like it.

Your christmas card looks like a hell of a party. :grin: Just needs some more beers xD
  12. Dankmar

Quick mashup for the new heavy goblin armor. Gonna add an chainmail later, to give it a bit more of a robust image, and maybe a fur coat.
    c5713a-1482073230.png
  13. Dankmar

Did yesterday a quick mashup of my old goblinmodels. Here an early draft, still without notmalmap so its looks a bit odd, and full of bugs. Gonna finish it over the weekend, and take a look what else i got on my pc.
    Quite love the mix between classic and nightgoblins for the Badlandgobos. Still an early army, so most of the higher armors arent to be found on this pictures.

Guglock and his slave army.
    20161214214153o2m0u1rxa8.jpg

201612142146017plczfd62n.jpg
  14. Dankmar

Da rat is no ork! ORK is ORK!

Btw hey guys! Long time not seen, how its going? :grin:
  15. Dankmar

Chii said:
    I feel bows are slightly underpowered compared to guns in general due to the low amount of ammo, also since guns can penetrate shields. If say arrow packs had an increase of ammo (perhaps 20%-40% more or so) it'd be a bit more balanced. This is after playing a lot with gun-armies on my witchhunter, and in comparison trying out wood elf archer armies on my ranger.
    My gun troops were always a lot more effective, while my elves were exhausting their arrows very quickly.

I do like the idea.
    Its true that guns should be more powerfull in an historic context, but in the case of a game it has to be balanced. We cant have a weapon class thats way more powerfull then the other ones, everyone should have his strenghts and weaknisse

40% more arrows is a good idea.
    Personal i would suggest to slow the guns down a bit more, so that the crossbow is the perfect middle between the two.
  16. Dankmar

Thanks mates, glad you like it. :smile: Its gonna be a mod for warband.

About the points with the races, there gonna be 3 orc nations, gorkas morkas and the savages. Besides that mutants, diggers (humans that cosplay as orcs) necrons and some remains of the imperial guard outpost, deep in the southern mountains.
  17. Dankmar

Hey guys, quite a while that i did post here something. :smile:

At the moment im working with a friend of mine on a warhammer 40k gorkamorka mod, thought that could intrest some of you.
    Still in the early beginnings, so there is not mutch to show, but here is the ork Basemesh, there is still the need for some more defined muscles and texture. The thing has around 1500 polys.

zbrushdocument46d25ibpen.png

zbrushdocument7vmnotlujs.png
  18. Dankmar

OSP Fantasy 3D Art Dankmars fantasy armors

Glad you like my work guys. :smile: And thanks for the polyshwork on that paladin armor, never got around to finish that one, but maybe you should lighten the darker parts a little bit. :grin:

Besides that, im gonna upload some more packs with orcs, undead and maybe the morrowind armors im working on at the moment over the next weeks. Just not sure where, taleworlds seems not to be so good for mass uploads.
  19. Dankmar

OSP Fantasy 3D Art Dankmars fantasy armors

Hey guys. I make it short, because my english is quite terrible. Here you have the assets from an old project i was working on, based on  the rpg gothic from piranha bytes. Dont work anymore on it, so i thought it would be best to give it to the communety. Hope it helps. :) In there you will...
  20. Dankmar

Not from me, sry dude use most of my freetime for experimenting and learning purpose. :smile:
    But from what i know, there will be a griffon.
Back
Top Bottom