Search results for query: *

1. Mods to prevent snowballing?

Hello
    I usually do playthroughs every 6 months to 1 year and everytime I take a break it’s because end game becomes boring and waiting for Updates

But I’m surprised that snowballing is still a big issue in bannerlord when it’s been like 4 years

is there any mods to help with snowballing or better the end game experience/kingdom management?

Thanks
    Hmm. What do you want? A map that never changes? Is it allowed for Kingdoms to die? If yes, than at some point there needs to be snowball. Where i agree on is that we need a better diplomacy system. Where weak kingdoms can form alliances against bigger kindoms and form armies together. Forming allies, trade partnerships and non agression pacts are missing completly in this game
  2. SP - Player, NPCs & Troops please allow us to create custom units

This should be in the base game. Indeed. Maybe with some deeper mechanics like a fix Budget you can spent on equipment for your soldiers and to raise that Budget for better units you need either invest money in your settlement (f.e. special building like barracks or smithy) or invest directly your own money into it.
  3. SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Allow us to send letters

Facing enemy lord face to face to convince him is bull**** and dangerous. Walking 1000000 of km is waste of time too allow us to send letters.
    I would love to advance that feature in that way, that you actually hahe to disband a unit that is sent through the map. So you are maybe able to capture messengers of enemy factions or even lose own messengers.
  4. Can't play due to crashing

Overclock? Memory? Gpu? Cpu?
    A lot of crashes happen because of an unstable system.
    I had a bad memory stick once and bannerlord was the only game that was crashing because of this. That was because i had a lot of armor mods that forced the game to load a lot of stuff in the ram.

I also blamed the game first but after i discovered the faulty ram module the game did run fine
  5. Beta Patch Notes v1.2.0-v1.2.6

November wasn't an estimate though, they said they said 1.2 will go live this November, and half a year of waiting for an update is ridiculous so being frustrated isn't overreacting
    I dont know why everybody is so hyped about an update. Its simply done when its done. You can already play the game, why do you need 1.25 so badly? Sure, updates are cool, but its not the worlds ending when a small beta patch needs a few more weeks of work before its ready.
  6. Governors handling issues in the base game

I always use this mod. It is a great QoL improvement and it would fit the base game well.
    in my mind the game needs 3 distinct fases.
    1. Starting out: doing quest, fighting bandits, build renown and relationships
    2. Owning a couple off fiefs: only doing the bigger quest. delegating minor stuf to NPC's
    3. Ruling a kingdom,: not doing quest, but army and kingdom management, more diplomacy options and designing your units.

Any mod that helps with the above has my vote to be added to the main game.
    That is exactly what this game needs. Most players lose interest when they have their first fiefs. There are not enough motivation mechanics in the late game. Not enough goals to fight for. Why collecting money when u already have the best troops, gears and few towns?

Giving more ruling options and more customizing options for troops, towns, etc. would motivate players a lot in the late game. Maybe even have a small ingame editor where u can upgrade your kings hall with better stuff, build more houses in your town or castle
  7. Beta Patch Notes v1.2.0-v1.2.6

I dont know why everyone is upset about "clones". Personally i would rather have every soldier wearing the same armor as some kind of uniform than having a wild and babaric mixture of armors. For me it looks way cleaner and organized if an army has the same armor for every unit. But thats maybe Personal taste
  8. Dear Taleworlds, Is there any way you can remove the 2048 unit cap on battle size for the game?

They should really make the cap more flexible. I dont know where the limits of the engine are but with the battle size mod you can already run double (?) the units on the battlefield with no issues for high end pcs
  9. Endgame = mindless endless war

What this game really needs for endgame ist much more options that come up after a certain checkpoint. For example: when u get a fief, you cant really do anything usefull with it. They are just money maker.
    So why not get more customizing options for your settlement? Place houses, build new houses, more upgrade options which effect the look of the town more directly. Like getting a bath-house that was not there before. Maybe getting more towers for defense, customize your court, get an individual throne. In conclusion: give players options to spend their money on. I know this is not a small wish, but that would improve the game dramaticly. So you could build a small village up to a nice shiny castle. And boom the game is not an endless war loop, but also a city builder.
    Same goes for armor crafting. Would add another great money spender that makes your game more individual.

Also creating your own troop trees is not in the game (if i remember correctly).
    You also need way more options for "walking around the streets". Currently its completly useless to visit a townscene (unless you want to buy a shop). Why not add wandering npcs that you can only discover by wandering around? Give nps day night routines maybe?

And furthermore some othee late game mechanics that would fit nicely:

- More economic options to imorove wealth: build more farmlands for villages f.e.
    Change the production of villages, towns etc.
    - the game really needs more options for what you can do in peace time when u are not fighting: arena and board games is not enough: so maybe beside customizeble town scenes you could also add more quests that help in lategame: like infiltrate a castle, idk.
  10. v1.2.4-v1.2.5 Balance Changes

Why did vlandian sergeant got his armor nerf? Vlandia already has the lowest armored units. The sergeant has the lowest armor of all t6 infantry troops i think. I would rather buff them than nerf them
  11. Roadmap? Features in the future? Anything?

For me the biggest issue is the lack of longtime motivation. I often lose interest in the game when i have "everything". That means when i have top armor and weapons, huge armies and a few towns and castles there is not much left to fight for. That is the point where money is no factor for me anymore. Cause i have everything i could buy already. So the at this point in the game its just all about joining armys and get even more castles, which is always the same.
    The early game Mechanics like quests, collecting money to get a slightly better sword or improve your soldiers, this is not a factor anymore in the lategame.

What i think is important for longer motivation is:

-smithing armor. So you can customize your look even more.
    - customize your castles and towns more. This would give you a reason again to collect money even in lategame. So i have a goal again what i am collecting money for.
    - some sort of more lategame quests that are more usefull and give more rewards.
    - There is literall no reason to "walk around the town". The towns are still so empty you just klick through the menus. I have no idea what could fix this. Maybe more unique npcs? That travel between towns? Where you have to discover them by really walking around? Fuller towns with more busy npcs? Idk
  12. SP - General Real diplomacy

I always wondered why the only diplomacy options in Mount and Blade are peace and war. thats too flat in my opinion. why are there not such things like trade pacts, allies, or unions from different civilisations that share troops, goods etc. is that too difficult to develope? the game would be...
  13. Dev Blog 17/08/17

I am also wondering what it means when they say: " we give a Releasedate when game is ready". Does this mean the release date will be something like " in 2 or 4 weeks" or " in 2 years"......
  14. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Is it only me or is the viewing distance in the first video pretty low? i mean they fight in steppe and there is no tree or bush seen on the hills in the background.......
  15. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

A new video from gamestar where they compare kingdom come with bannerlord. At minute 1:20 or so u can see a village option menu and how u build castles and manage a village. Further at the end od the video they say that both games will definetly come 2017

http://www.gamestar.de/videos/kingdom-come-vs-mount-blade-2-das-unterscheidet-die-mittelalter-rollenspiele,93227.html
  16. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

What i love on the winter pictures is that u can actually make scenes in two different seasons. thats awesome. i think about game of thrones were winter is comming. in bannerlord winter can actually come. so a game of throne mod could easily implement winterfell in summer and long winter
  17. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

More information from the german website gamestar regarding mod support and coop:

this are some more information  based on their visit at taleworlds.

http://www.gamestar.de/spiele/mount-blade-2-bannerlord/artikel/mount_blade_2_bannerlord,47357,3314121.html

http://www.gamestar.de/spiele/mount-blade-2-bannerlord/news/mount_blade_2_bannerlord,47357,3314128.html
  18. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

MortonGrey said:
    There is a new article on Gamestar where they talk about the release date.

Number One: Developer Taleworlds is anything but happy to announce the release of Mount & Blade 2 in 2012. This is what the guys and girls tell us in conversation. At that time it was not possible to predict how long the development of the game would last. Number two: On the way to the current state of the game there were probably some major restructuring and discarded ideas. Therefore, development takes so long.
    And thirdly: 2017 remains the officially targeted release year. In terms of the development of the game - and this is where our own speculation starts - we can keep it moving to 2018. But then Mount & Blade 2 is almost certain to finally appear, finally it makes within the framework of our own all-in-one experience already a very presentable impression.
    (Google Translator)

http://www.gamestar.de/spiele/mount-blade-2-bannerlord/news/mount_blade_2,47357,3314109.html

Yep. The translation is ok. Unfortunatly its not writtem if the words are directly from taleworlds or just guesses from the writer. But at least it seems we have a release year guys
  19. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Pilum said:
    JabdiMelborn said:
    Ki-Ok Khan said:
    Hopefully someone with premium acc will let us know if there is anything new
    Absolutely. This.

ciauz^^,
    Jab

There is nothing new. Except a few screenshots.

so you have a premium account?

according to the page the premium content is:

Jetzt weiterlesen: Das steht in der Plus-Titelgeschichte
    - Wie spielt sich die Singleplayer-Kampagne?
    - Wie gut funktioniert das Schwertkampfsystem?
    - Mit welchen Fraktionen können wir zusammenarbeiten?
    - Welchen Eindruck hinterlässt die Technik?

translated:

how good is single player campaign?
    how good is sword-combatsystem?
    with what factions can we work together?
    how good is the engine?
Back
Top Bottom