Search results for query: *

1. Viktor

The Art of Blading - Warband Podcast

Surprised at how much I enjoyed this - nice job guys. ?
  2. Viktor

[BladeCast] European Championship Series | The story so far (1/3)

Goodness - you're the hero we don't deserve, but the one we need Tardet! Brilliantly done.
  3. Viktor

[ECS4] Suggestions

I'm so glad to see everyone getting along.

I'm in favour of letting the admins do their jobs and the players settling with the decisions. Nobody's gonna die if they're potentially incorrectly seeded.
  4. Viktor

[WNL8] General Discussion

iu
  5. Viktor

Top Infantry Through the Years

Orion said:
    He was given one extra week after explaining his circumstances, but that has come & gone. He hasn't been replaced yet because we're considering ending the program soon.
    One might even say that you have a list of...list makers *X-files theme tune*
  6. Viktor

Warband Battlestream |

Personally, I think the best match on paper is Unity vs FTW, but they've already had a stream so my next choice would be Malta vs Bengier; I think those teams have some quality players with the potential for some flair.
  7. Viktor

The Athenaeum

? Rey said:
    Gibby Jr said:
    clicking on this thread is like

p3hy47cf7w87v5kxmxvs.gif
  8. Viktor

M and OGL's list thread

This is orgasmically good.
  9. Viktor

[WNL7] Suggestions

Scar said:
    _Osiris_ said:
    Not a fan of moving the promotion play offs to just before the next WNL. The point of playoffs in esports and real life sports is a chance for the current team to cement their place in a different league for next season. Teams can then strengthen or might lose players based on where they know they will play.

Using football as an obvious example you dont play the play offs before the start of the current season because thats insanity.

Imagine being a captain of the team playing for a spot in division A "hey come join us we might be in division A as long as the team we are supposed to play doesn't go and get a ton of new players just before the season starts screwing us over"

Playoffs are supposed to be a reward for playing well one season, If the reasoning is that teams might change and players might get added well welcome to the world i guess? Might as well re evaluate every team just before the next wnl and resort them all into different divisions based on who joins and leaves
    As we have said before, our biggest goal with the Warband Native League was to stabilize teams and thus the scene as a whole.We don't want to see teams picking up loads of players because their old team just secured a spot in a higher division, you are actually punishing the old players who have achieved that goal by increasing their competition for playtime within the team. That in turn increases the risk of those old players leaving the team because they fear they won't get to play anymore, which then can, in the worst of cases, completely change the face of the team. Then, as we have said in response to a question asked at the start of the tournament regarding this potential issue, we would have to consider whether that changed team still qualifies as the original team that played in the WNL7, or as a new team.

In an ideal scenario, the current teams would stay together, and just continue to play until the next season. Unless some players suddenly start to massively under- or overperform, the difference in strength between the bottom and top runners of each division will roughly stay the same, regardless of whether we play the promotions ahead of next season or at the end of this one.

In a more realistic scenario, we see a lot of teams either not coming back or completely changing their roster, which case the results from last season don't count much in terms of estimating the team strength for the next season. And that is, in our opinion, the biggest danger when running a division based system: Ending up with unbalanced division that produce stomps. Playing the promotions right before the next season rather than now will greatly reduce that risk because big changes in team strength are unlikely to happen inbetween the promotions and the actual season. Or in other words: The estimate we will get then will be far more accurate than the estimate we got half a year go, which will then result in more well balanced divisions and more evenly balanced matches.

I can see it might be frustrating for certain teams who wanted to get the promotion matches out of the way right now, but we fear the potential frustration of players having to play in badly balanced matches is far greater.
    Hopefully, you're up for a bit of healthy disagreement Scar my mate - that first point is reasonable but not entirely plausible (in my humble opinion). If Team X gain promotion into Div A, then when WNL8 comes around the guys who played in Team X have a huge incentive to come back - but that's not the issue you're raising; you're saying people will want to join that team because they got into Div A. You're saying that new people will dominate Team X with the old players being kicked out but there are two problems I have with that theory - one: if Team X signs up to WNL8 with a completely new roster (hardly any old players) then surely that's just stealing a team's name and wouldn't be allowed? Two: If I was the captain of Team X who just gained promotion into Div A I would definitely want to keep those guys as a team and not disrupt the dynamic of a clearly good team. And even If I did - where would I get Div A standard players from who aren't already playing? I'm sure you're the same as me in thinking that I'd be quite protective over my guys if we just gained promotion to Div A and would be very much on-the-ball with spotting glory-seeking players just trying to join my team for the top spot.

Your second point again I understand - but that problem would be solved with post WNL7 promotions - (again going with Team X) - if my Team just gained promotion, I'd have a huge incentive to come back with that team and the players definitely would too - they're guaranteed a spot in the top Division and they have a team they know and are good together with. A big problem with Warband in recent years has been 'teams' forming rather than 'clans' playing - with new teams just forming for each tournament. The immediate promotional playoffs occurring right after WNL7 discourage that because, as mentioned, if Team X just gained a promotion they know they gotta come back and play together under the same name again.

Finally, the third point again I disagree with - I think changes are just as likely to happen in between playoffs and the season than between now and WNL8. You've seen the roster thread, they're constantly changing and the same guys who will glory hunt between now and WNL8 will be the same guys' glory hunting just before WNL8; I don't see it having that much of an impact in that regard, regardless of whether or not you have them now or just before the season.

Overall I feel that your fear of unbalanced games would be eradicated due to the aforementioned points I raised.
  10. Viktor

[WNL7] Suggestions

_Osiris_ said:
    Not a fan of moving the promotion play offs to just before the next WNL. The point of playoffs in esports and real life sports is a chance for the current team to cement their place in a different league for next season. Teams can then strengthen or might lose players based on where they know they will play.

Using football as an obvious example you dont play the play offs before the start of the current season because thats insanity.

Imagine being a captain of the team playing for a spot in division A "hey come join us we might be in division A as long as the team we are supposed to play doesn't go and get a ton of new players just before the season starts screwing us over"

Playoffs are supposed to be a reward for playing well one season, If the reasoning is that teams might change and players might get added well welcome to the world i guess? Might as well re evaluate every team just before the next wnl and resort them all into different divisions based on who joins and leaves
    Big fan of this.
  11. Viktor

[WNL7] Livestreams

Hate to be THAT guy but it's Viktor with a K :lol: Anyway enjoy the stream tonight!
  12. Viktor

[WNL7] Livestreams

Week 4 Div A Stream!
    House Tully vs. Unity Sunday @ 19:30 BST over on http://twitch.bladecast.tv/
    Casted by Viktor & PPK157

Tully.png

vs. 
    Unity.png

13. Viktor

Community Stats Patch and Competitive scene state

This archer problem sounds more like a skill and tactics issue rather than a module and stats issue.
  14. Viktor

Warband Matchmaking Client 2.0.2 (WBMM)

This is just all food for another comic. So tempting.

Watly said:
    @Viktor, will come back to you at a later time when we discussed the suggestions.

EDIT: Never heard back from this.
  15. Viktor

[W5L] Groupstage: Week 2 - Deadline 30th of September

Irish Rebels 12 - 1 CoA

EMBCBzr.jpg
    wKJcqqy.jpg
    JcUU9T5.jpg
    UekBCz9.jpg
  16. Viktor

[W5L] Groupstage: Week 1 - Deadline 23rd of September

Is the 23rd the deadline for server bookings or? If it's the deadline for the first week - what's the "24.09.2018 - 30-09.2018" all about?
  17. Viktor

Warband Matchmaking Client 2.0.2 (WBMM)

CarpeDiem said:
    Good job making WBMM America great again. There's many people on all the time, I like it!
  18. Viktor

[W5L] Servers & Bookings

Team you are from?: IR
    Teams involved?: Red Brigade
    Offical Match?: No
    Server Location: DE (3 preferably)
    Day, Date & Time (bst): 16/09/18 @ 19:30BST
  19. Viktor

[W5L] Questions & Suggestions

Another rule question:

§ Knockout Stage(7): "Pick/Ban system will be edited to force a closed map, an open map and a mixed one for the Final to make sure that a more exciting, balanced and longer Final, which gives great possibilities of comebacks, and presents a definitely more balanced Final as both teams will need to prove themselves in all scenarios. Every round will count as it will still be round scoring system."

§ 5 Maps & Factions (1): "Maps and factions will be determined in advance throughout the tournament using a random number generator. Each match includes one closed and one mixed/open map."

So will there be a pick/ban system for maps or are they all pre-determined?

You also need to make these scheduling rules a lot simpler:

(2) Matches must be played by the midnight BST on the date given in the fixture thread. The default time will be 19:30 on that date. Ok so that makes sense, you give a deadline fair enough
    (3) Team A must post in the fixture thread, at least 2 dates with a default time of 19:30 BST at least 24 hours before the match deadline. If Team A fails to do this on time Team B may post their preferred time/date. Ok I sort've get that, I imagine the two teams would discuss the best dates on steam or something and the fixtures thread is more for official purposes rather than "These are our dates and if you can't play then tough" - hopefully it's the first option and not the second because if so, that's a huge area for concern. (You'd give Team A a huge advantage for scheduling)
    (3) Team B must select one of those two times/dates (by posting in the fixtures thread) at least 12 hours before the match deadline. Ok, again if this is option A from the previous answer, then this'll just be for official purposes so admins can see when the match is. If Team B fails to do this Team A may select their preferred time/date. If this is option B, then this rule is terrible - you're basically allowing Team A to choose a date that Team B can't even make, giving a default win for Team A. But again, hopefully, this is just precautionary because in reality the teams would have discussed the best dates on steam.
    (4) Teams may agree a non default time by posting in the fixtures thread. Don't really understand - surely by posting their preferred dates and times they're already deciding on a non-default time.
    (5) If neither team posts the match must be played on the default date/time. Makes sense.

To me, this just seems like an overly complicated set of rules for nothing. The whole two dates, Team A, Team B thing is just unnecessary - just make teams post their decided date for that week decided from steam and get the other team to confirm in the fixtures thread. If the match can't be played due to scheduling problems - get the teams to prove they did everything they could to accommodate and play. Then decide defaults. It would make enforcing these scheduling rules alot simpler and less time consuming and prevent confusion.

Back
Top Bottom