Search results for query: *

1. peenerz

Should recruits have shields?

I'm taking about the AI: the last thing I want is the army they scraped together in two days after I killed off 3000 of their men to be at all usable in contesting my (now beaten-up) army.

I can't say I have that experience: between archers, improved cav and shieldwall formation putting shieldless dudes towards the back, I can usually mop up a village militia or small lord party for the XP.
    Lmfao bro get good :wink:
  2. peenerz

What kind of new faction(s) would you like to see added to the game in the future?

Of the known cultures, the Darshi would probably be the most interesting since a Persian-style culture east of the Khuzaits could transform the strategic picture of the region and add a culture I'm not terribly familiar with its IRL counterpart.

Otherwise, I most want to see a culture inspired by the Chinese with all the advancements they had by 11th century standards; this'd include an early form of firearm, repeating crossbows, Chinese glaives, halberds, and lots fo cool costumes and armors. City walls a hundred feet thick and grid-like urban arrangements and probably new trade goods as well. The only issue is not making them OP since they'd likely overpower most of the Calradian factions if not seriously handicapped, like having terrible to no cavalry and horrid defense to compensate for strong offensive potential and a likely far-eastern setting that's highly defensible. They could be split into several kingdoms like the Empire to have both local competition and delay snowballing.

Then there's the common favorite of a not-Japan civilization, which, at this time, would still be carrying shields as well as wearing shields on their shoulders and their curved swords would be rare in comparison to naginatas and other polearms. If a not-China's addded, a not-Japan would likely be beside it. If it were an island country, some kind of naval mechanic would be ideal and that'd likely change the strategic and economic face of Calradia as a whole...

A whole new continent east of Calradia's Duzeg Steppe could be added to fit these Asian-themed cultures, and the visible but unreachable corners northeast of Sturgia and southeast of the Khuzaits could be where cultures in-lore would be added into, like the Nords and Darshi.
    If a China based faction is ever added I think it should be defense oriented, an army specializing in crossbows and pikes with okay swordsmen and mediocre cavalry. China wasn’t known for its super offensive diplomatic stance, for most of history it remained content with nations around it giving them tribute rather than conquer them straight out

But yeah I would love to see the Darshi and Nords, maybe Taleworlds will stop Norsifying the Sturgians with the later
  3. peenerz

Custom Troops

This has been a popular request since warband. I think this would benefit the game greatly and help a lot with immersion. For example, I’m a sturgian who captured a part of battanian. Over the years I come to appreciate different aspects of their fighting style and archery. Why can’t I have sturgo-battanian troops with a hybrid of equipment and stats if I make my own kingdom later?
  4. peenerz

What do you think about population?

If population became a thing and manpower becomes a scarce resource like IRL then maybe sending your serfs to die without shields would suddenly make a lot less sense
  5. peenerz

Is it possible for “dark knight” appear in bannerlord at some form?

I'd love for them to make the Sturgians more Slavic, but in return add a Nordic Invasion with Nord troops maybe 300-600 days into the game
  6. peenerz

Bannerlord Click Simulator Is What I Dedicate 80% of My Playtime To

You know post like this isn't helpful. The OP made a very valid point here.The fact of the matter is there is a lot of unnecessary clicking to do very common things.For example:

1. Why do I have to click into the arena first then check for a tournament?Just show us a tournament menu if there is one.

2. Why is the recruit all button inside another menu? Most of the time we recruit all peasants. Just give us the option in the town menu.

3. Why do we have to open a looter/bandit dialogue menu first before opening another attack menu? Just open one menu then give us the option to talk to the looter. There is a mod for this called fast_dialogue

4. Why do we not have keyboard shortcuts for menus and dialogue? Has TW not played the 10000 RPG games out there? Every single good one I know has this. Baldurs Gate, Knights of the old Republic, Divinity Original sin 2, Dragon age, Planescape, Witcher 3, Pillars of Eternity, etc.

I don't know why the UI is like this, but please TW if you need some ideas play more other games. There are some games that do UI very well, for example Anno 1800. Endless Space 2.

Have a look how Anno 1800 do trading routes here, it is very good:

Great management UI from Endless Space 2:

Honestly the only clicking problem I have is when I'm trying to buy things in bulk but can only do x5 things at a time, other than that I really have no issue. Sounds like yall have weak fingers
  7. peenerz

The EVENT LOG is ACTUALLY IN THE GAME!

We definately need a page for the event log just like in warband
  8. peenerz

Bannerlord Click Simulator Is What I Dedicate 80% of My Playtime To

Forget the clicking in game, it takes WAY TOO MANY CLICKS TO USE THE FORUMS!!! I have to click on threads, click on more buttons to post, click on links and categories, click click click.

PLS TALEWORDS THIS IS RIDICULOUS
  9. peenerz

Please Development Team, the Game Desperately Needs Casus Belli

Haha, just imagining the farmers casually plowing the fields while in blizzards, outproducing the warm imperial/vlandian lands.
    Just like how the cold Battanian highlands are the main source of grapes in Calradia, rather than the warm plains of the Empire
  10. peenerz

Maybe they wanted a winter wonderland vacation?
    More like frozen wasteland
  11. peenerz

Tfw the Aserai conquered all of Sturgia in one game, makes no sense lmao
  12. peenerz

Patch Notes e1.2.1 & Beta Hotfix

Not for me. For instance:
    Militia-1.png

Notice how Garrison drops but Militia does not.

I'll take this over to the bug thread though.

Thanks! Will do.
    Damn nice food bro
  13. peenerz

Multiplayer, Aserai weak, khuzaits infantry weak

imagine wanting strong khuzait infantry
  14. peenerz

STEPPE BANDITS IN POROS

I think minor factions and bandits should stay in certain areas on the map so you won't find aserai minors in sturgia (unless theyre hired as mercs) and steppe bandits in the middle of the empire
  15. peenerz

Please give shields to every faction's tier 2 infantry

Next step would be making their infantry use the shieldwall to advance. That would be great.
    I wish the Viking Conquest mechanic of being able to tell your formations to advance on an enemy formation was in game. In Bannerlord they just break formation and charge when you tell them to advance
  16. peenerz

New faces (1.3.0-hotfix3?)

I only like Garios, Lucon, Joron, Asela and Adram. I can see how a handful of the others *can* be realistic (like Crotor) but they're ugly as hell. Some people being ugly is reality tho so I don't mind. However the majority of the new faces look inbred and very unproportional, almost cartoonlike
  17. peenerz

Please give shields to every faction's tier 2 infantry

Giving tier 1 soldiers shields would also help :wink:
  18. peenerz

Wounds/low HP impacting combat performance: Yay or nay?

I wouldn't enjoy it but could be a "campaign option"
  19. peenerz

I'm tired of peasants with pitchforks stopping my fully plated Knights charge

I agree to buff the heavy cavalry charge but the difficulties to obtain a heavy cavs should be massively increased. For example, there should be a rule that each knight has to come with 2 squires, which prevents the player from buildng a heavy cav only army.
    +1
  20. peenerz

Upgrade units to tier 2 should be not require experience

This isn't the case at all. In feudal times, Kings absolutely would go from town to town to recruit their levies. As an example. King Harold, prior the battle at Stamford Bridge, recruited his army on the way to the battle. This was generally how most levies were recruited. "At this time King Harold was in Southern England, anticipating an invasion from France by William, Duke of Normandy, another contender for the English throne. Learning of the Norwegian invasion he headed north at great speed with his huscarls and as many thegns as he could gather, travelling day and night. "

Imperial recruitment for the byzantine empire was considerably different. The byzantines used the theme system which used a type of militia system of permanent soldiers that were trained.

"The term thema was ambiguous, referring both to a form of military tenure and to an administrative division. A theme was an arrangement of plots of land given for farming to the soldiers. The soldiers were still technically a military unit, under the command of a strategos, and they did not own the land they worked as it was still controlled by the state. Therefore, for its use the soldiers' pay was reduced. By accepting this proposition, the participants agreed that their descendants would also serve in the military and work in a theme, thus simultaneously reducing the need for unpopular conscription as well as cheaply maintaining the military. It also allowed for the settling of conquered lands, as there was always a substantial addition made to public lands during a conquest. "
    Only these militiamen were armed with shields and some degree of armor as well
Back
Top Bottom