Search results for query: *

1. Suggestions

Other random suggestions that suddenly come to mind, could possiblily add a skill that lowers your penalties while using magic while wearing armor, also one for using magic while riding.

Also I seem to recall that in 3.5 drow had one handed crossbows as their exotic weapons if it's not too hard (Imagine it might be) could you possibly incorepate that.

Also this is a really minor thing, when I made said yes to a mount for my orc paladin, it kind of seemed odd that my paladin's mount was a warg (I know wargs are probably better than horses but it was more of a role play thing for me), could you possibly make it so that when choosing playing as a race with a unique mount that the player could have the option between the racial mount or a standard horse (Or that or give a paladins their own unique divine horse)
  2. Bug Reports (for Phantasy Calradia 2014 only please)

Umm... I was playing as female gnome (who look supsciously female dwarves I figured out how you made gnomes without using a race slot)

And I while admit to using cheats, I seems that the game confuses gender of non-human races

After I took over a castle I noticed this dialog for my FEMALE gnome (BTW this is not a native problem I have seen the dialoge in native with a female it does properly refer to you as female)
    http://imgur.com/Kn1d9KP

After I made my MALE orc companion Frudak a feif holder, I noticed HIS title was kind of odd
    http://imgur.com/a9Vkg8p

I think someone needs fix some gender tags, I also recall playing as a female dwarf that while I was generally reffered to as female like when I offered my sword to a lord, but in other repesects I wasn't like I could ask to marry male lords.
  3. Races

zykox said:
    guspav said:
    weso12 said:
    Odd question. How hard would it be expanded the number of "genders" from a 16-bit variable to a 256-bit variable, or possibly you could store race (and possibly even gender) under a different variable, i mean looking at the variables 100 different reserved variables i'm assuming at least one of them is 256-bit, if neither of those are viable options wouldn't it be possible to make Drow and Elves following under the same "gender", considering they have the game appearance aside from skin, giving at least two more slots? I know a little bit about programing but not that much, so I'm just wondering.
    While that might be technically possible, the race slot limits are hard coded into the game engine. Perhaps with a hack a larger number would be possible, but it might as well just crash the engine. I don't think anyone has managed to break that limit and there have been some really skilled programmers messing around with the engine code (WSE comes to mind), so I am not sure whether they really tried or if they tried and failed to change that.

Been wondering about weso12's point as well....WHY do we need so many different races? Since elves and drows are both elves (ok, only the males), wouldn't it be possible to combine them into 1 race, then make them look different with armor (like Wolfwere Runners)?

I mean, technically, with different-looking armor, wouldn't it be possible to simulate dozens of humanoid races, without actually messing with the races slot?

I think you need race slots if you want all of the races to be playable, because if your playing as a different race (or want the different races to hero characters) you can't rely on armor because characters have customizable armor (unless you can make armor look different on different characters, which I don't think you can because even in native a man wearing a dress have somehow gets breasts (don't ask why I have tested this)), but with Drow and Elves considering the difference between is skin tone.
  4. Races

Odd question. How hard would it be expanded the number of "genders" from a 16-bit variable to a 256-bit variable, or possibly you could store race (and possibly even gender) under a different variable, i mean looking at the variables 100 different reserved variables i'm assuming at least one of them is 256-bit, if neither of those are viable options wouldn't it be possible to make Drow and Elves following under the same "gender", considering they have the game appearance aside from skin, giving at least two more slots? I know a little bit about programing but not that much, so I'm just wondering.
  5. Suggestions about new troops and NPCs

I posted some ideas in the main suggestions post and a lot of them were unit based but in the middle of posting that long list of suggestions I noticed the topic spefically of units so I copied those and pasted them on a notepad and pasted them here

1. A Gnome faction, or at least a way to get gnome troops (perhaps as caravan guard or something), it's odd they are playable race and you get gnome heroes AND they are gnome NPCs yet gnome aren't (as far as an tell a part any troops) (Side note: I would ask for Halflings but you seem to having Gnomes kind of acting a fusion of the two anyways, but if you wanted to incorporate halflings that would be fine by me.)

2. A Goblin faction, or at the very least goblin raiders, because considering the D&D style, and goblins being one of the common races it's odd they don't exist, also if you include them could them as a playable race that would be cool (I'd recommend +1 Str, +1 Agl, -2 Cha for stats BTW)

3. Sans the protaganist and hero characters their doesn't seem to be any female dwarf troops, perhaps you could possibly get them the same way you get human peasant woman (in villager groups that get kidnapped by bandits).

4. Could you make female Orc Slaves, it's odd that any slave trade would only have men.

5. And on the subject of Female Orcs, it's odd that the only female Orc troop type is an Orc Shaman, could you add a base "Orc Tribeswoman" or something like that, that you could get from Prisioners.

6. And on the subject of Orcs Class trees, it seems like it could be a bit more expansive as it stands it's a bit linear for a faction tree, and lacking a lot of diversity, I know orcs in fiction tend to be somewhat narrow focused, but I think it might be worthwhile to add some long range combat (maybe threw throwing or something like that), some horse archers, and some magic (perhaps in the form of male shamans, which wouldn't be too out of line), and if you are gonna focus on melee combat you could at least have them have a good diversity in combat styles rather than just simply "Mounted Branch" and "Infantry Branch"

7. Also on the subject of Orc Class trees, its odd that the base male orc class is "Orc Looter", especially when you get them from villages, and such, perhaps, make the starting class "Orc Tribesman" and make looter a promotion

8. The mage faction is kind of weird, it's odd that human mages are (or less) attached to one and only one of the human factions, maybe add you could add mages (and clerics) to the other human factions (just one or two classes each is fine honestly)

9. On the subject of the Mage faction, instead of being an (almost) exclusively mage factions, perhaps you could make it a seventh human factions with an emphasis on magic expanded a lot because it's literally entirely linear, also don't make the starting unit a mage it's kind of odd for magic (a field that in most works of fiction requires massive study) to be know completely by the masses of any culture, I made an example troop tree for magic heavy culture notice the intentionally small and limiting physical branch, it serves to few purposes to act as a possible replacement for the guard class, that you have and to show that not literally everyone in the country is a freaking mage because that's really wierd. Also noticed the branches on the mage tree it's to allow diversity, it gives the players three options with the mages one to make them pure mages (this branch should probably have the better spells along with more deverse spell), the mage knight branch (which should have the worst magical abilities of the three mage branches, but more than make up for it in mounted mobility, decent defense, and melee combat abilities), and the sage branch (which should have better mage abilties than the mage knight, but worse than the master mage, makes up for it with faith abilities this also gives the Mage factions healing abilities that the other factions have (assuming you add clerics to other factions)).

Example Troop tree (The cultural name is magalian for this example, and I use the same color coating you do)
                                          -> Magalian Mage Rider -> Magalian Mage Fighter -> Magalian Mage Knight
                -> Magalian Novice Mage -> Magalian Mage -> Magalian Adept Mage -> Magalian Expert Mage -> Magalian Master Mage
    Magalian Recruit                                                                                                                          -> Magalian Sage -> Magalian Archsage
                -> Magalian Militia ->    Magalian Fighter -> Magalian Veteran Fighter
                                                                            -> Magalian Cavalary -> Magalian Veteran Cavalary

-> Magalian Horse Archer
                                          -> Magalian Skrimisher -> Magalian Archer -> Magalian Veteran Archer
                                                                            -> Magalian Veteran Skrimisher
    8. Also as you can figure from my earlier ideas, an idea I had to make it so people can get females Elves and drow from both rescuing elven/drow civilians, but another idea I had was that for Elves and Drow which you seem to be trying to make them relatively progressive in women's rights was that perhaps you could female troops along with male troops from villages (such as in the More Women mod) for the elves and drow, same with the mage faction.

9. Mercenaries of other races, it's weird that all the mercenaries are still human (And if you have mercenaries of other races perhaps allow female mercenaries for Elves and Drow)

10. (Repeated from the main tread suggestions because it kind of applies to both threads) Mixed-Race Characters and units, namely half-elves and half-orcs (Though other options would be cool), I wouldn't mind to much if they were protagonist and hero characters only but having Half-Elves and Half-Orcs as mercenaries or having a small chance to appear in villages or something would be nice.
  6. Suggestions

Just a few random ideas I had when playing the game (I know technical limitation might prevent some of these). Also keep in mind this all my opinion, and even though I have a lot of ideas it doesn't mean I don't like your mod, in fact I love it, it's just weird things I thought of when playing the game. (I also have a bunch for the unit tread as well)

1. Is their a way you could possibly make that after you defeat an army with Orc Slaves, that the surviving orc slaves would be treated as the other armies prisoners (as in instead of having to imprision the orc slaves yourself you can instead just hire them on the spot, considering that they are in a sense a prisoner of the other army)

2. If your trying to go for a D&D style game, could you possibly incorporate more combat styles, (I know this is probably unrealistic) such as Unarmed and Dual Wielding, and if you do incorporate them don't forgot to add troop types that use these styles

3. Also I don't know if this a bug or something but when I was playing as a female dwarf, I didn't notice an option to ask to marry even with other dwarves, am I missing something, I haven't tested other females but did you mess with marriage? (Side note: nice touch with having facial hair options with female dwarves).

4. I noticed with dwarves both male and female is that they don't look nearly bulky enough, is this a technical issue or something cause I can't even tell if a unit is a dwarves apart unless I can compare their height to a human, also Orcs could use some bulking as well.

5. I noticed you added custom voice clips for elf and drow, and I'm gonna frank here, they're awful, they seem louder than the human voice clips the difference in quality between the human and elf clips are quite noticeable, and voice acting isn't that great (sorry to ever did the recording) and their voice doesn't quite fit the characters, can you please, please remove them and just have elves and drow use the regular human voice clips, the they're incredibly distracting, and take me out of the experience.

6. The ability to start in the new faction lands (It's weird that when I'm playing as a dwarf mage that I can't start in the land of the mages or the land of the dwarves)

7. Also I noticed their wasn't the noble option playing as an Orc, I'm assuming that's intetional, and if so it seems like an odd choice considering that the Orc clearly do have a social hierarchy, perhaps you could add a "Chieftan" father option exclusively for the Orcs.

8. Speaking of background could you incorperate more fantasy backgrounds to the father's job, like Wizard.

9. Just an idea maybe you could the morale penalty for undead a one time penalty when you create undead rather than simply adding undead, even if you going off of D&D which arbitrarily decided that necromancy was evil for no reason, had no problem using the undead that were already created (for example in 3.5 the animate undead had the evil tag but the control undead spell doesn't), basically making it like recruiting prisoners. Because honestly I like having diversity in my units, and would like to trying out some undead units with limiting myself to only having Orcs and Drow

10. Simarily thing with the racial rivalry moral perhaps instead of constant penalty just a have one time penalty when a get a races or a 3 point or less penalty per unit recruited for recruiting races that have rivalry with ones in your current army (or ignoring it completely because this system doesn't exist in Native even with warring nations, probably for the exact reasons I'm complaining about). I hate having to constantly stock my inventory with nothing but food just so I had have decent morale.

11. Mixed-Race Characters and units, namely half-elves and half-orcs (Though other options would be cool), I wouldn't mind to much if they were protagonist and hero characters only but having Half-Elves and Half-Orcs as mercenaries or having a small chance to appear in villages or something would be nice.

12. I recreating your Golems instead of being required to have a high relation with the mage faction to get, it could be attached to a skill in a fashion simular to necromancy (maybe have it require certain items in your inventory)

13. Also it might just my computer/screen but the skill screen looks off, the skills overlap with the word skill, I've noticed this with other mods so it might be hard to mix, but if you can please do it makes the game seem buggy.

Also this post probably has a million typos but it already took me forever to write but feel free to point out that make something confusing.
Back
Top Bottom