Search results for query: *

1. Little to no love for WFAS

I'm wondering why this expansion has so little love for it. I understand its difficult but so much groundwork has already been laid down by taleworlds regarding firearms and general gameplay. What I don't understand is why there aren't more mods for this? Seems like some of the Napoleonic mods...
  2. I'm having a rough start, any tips?

I run the trading game. Wine to Warsaw/salzburg/venezia is huge. don't sign with an army and run with 20-30 men and some food. after a dozen or so trips you've got like 10k on you and can go from there. all the above tips work well with this as you can sprinkle them in for extra money
  3. In-game Musket Sounds

Docm30 said:
    They're plenty loud right next to you, but sound volume falls off at a ridiculous rate in Warband and I can't control that.

Righto. When i'm wearing headphones and crank up the volume its fairly loud but my ear drums bleed when someone yells next to me in the formation :/

Understandable if its a warband issue in the end, slightly disappointing though
  4. Volley fire

BushDweller said:
    Hmm so after the first volley, do they wait till you say volley again? Or to fire?

Do they shoot immediately when the enemy is in range?

If you don't tell them to hold fire first they fire at will. if you tell them to hold fire and then only fire once (All men, fire) they reload and then wait for your command to fire again.

if at any point you want them to STOP volley fire, just have them fire at will
  5. Official Bug Report Thread. Post all problems here!

When 'Assessing local prices' no matter what your skill level is at the most common commodity is 'Wine', often when there is none to be bought.

Very rarely to I see something else in the list, more often its either Ale or Hides if its not Wine. This is anywhere on the map in every major city for me.

Edit* for the sake of saving space and not double posting so soon:

This makes me want to punch a baby----

mb12.jpg

only seems to happen in Triple Rank, one guy just hanging out, not in formation. might happen elsewhere, i'm checking
  6. Volley fire

In Kermit said:
    Why do you let your men sog their bright red uniforms in the mud and rain? I mean, I notice your troops wear greatcoats in the rain, but the other half refuses to!

They were disciplined shortly after. The Major doesn't take kindly to muddied uniforms.
  7. In-game Musket Sounds

Gewehr98 said:
    Nopkar said:
    i was actually thinking about this as well. sometimes the sound of footsteps is louder than a volley fire from a line. Some sounds are super quiet and some are too loud. Just needs some tweaking. I'd really like to see the cannons reworked...I'd love to hear them really BOOMING over the battlefield.

on the sound of the muskets though, specifically the french Charleville 1777 reports are that they were loaded with 150-180 grains of gunpowder, equaling about 170-175dB.

reenactments have a 70 grain maximum imposed for safety reasons (damage to the eardrums).

**I'm pretty sure that info is correct after a double check, feel free to correct me if i'm wrong

If that's true, something tells me computer speakers aren't able to produce 175 dB for obvious ear damage reasons, but I do think they should be louder than anything but the cannons (unless you're standing far away from them)

Thats what I mean, that in my opinion the sounds should be bumped up. The above example was just to show that those old muskets were indeed LOUD and they might not have had a 'crack' sound like modern day firearms do but still, loud is loud.

inb4 someone retorts with "this is alpha": Yes, it is. that's why we're discussing this. put it on the list for a future update.
  8. It seems purchasing the rank of major gets me the title but no perks

I don't think there's a uniform above Lieutenant yet, but the benefit is indeed an increase in troops you can lead. Leadership of 5 and a rank of Major nets about 165 soldiers in total, which is pretty substantial.
  9. Volley fire

In case you don't know, there's this sweet volley fire command hidden: F7, F6 I start a battle with directing my troops where I want, F3 then F2 (fire commands, hold fire) then F7, F6 (special commands, volley fire) When the enemy is in range just F3, F2 (Fire commands, all troops fire (not...
  10. In-game Musket Sounds

i was actually thinking about this as well. sometimes the sound of footsteps is louder than a volley fire from a line. Some sounds are super quiet and some are too loud. Just needs some tweaking. I'd really like to see the cannons reworked...I'd love to hear them really BOOMING over the battlefield.

on the sound of the muskets though, specifically the french Charleville 1777 reports are that they were loaded with 150-180 grains of gunpowder, equaling about 170-175dB.

reenactments have a 70 grain maximum imposed for safety reasons (damage to the eardrums).

**I'm pretty sure that info is correct after a double check, feel free to correct me if i'm wrong
  11. MAJOR BUG with Tutorial quest!

matthewsvu said:
    After finishing the tutorial quest with Laroche in Paris. I could talk to him again in the tavern and gain 15 francs to restart the quest, then gain 50 francs for ''completing'' the quest by talking to him over and over. This is entirely spammable and I gained at least 2000 francs doing it repeatedly!

96A171E18826710A3FFB4E6826D966AF9EA04193

AB37E68DDA7A37698579A8B922817BD26742511E

Please fix, because well its really filling my pockets  :grin:

1st page of the bug reports. its been identified already, but thanks
  12. Official Bug Report Thread. Post all problems here!

shaken2dogs said:
    Yeah it only has 512MB, so if i upgrade to a 1GB would that do the trick. Dont want to buy on and still get the errors

1GB might get you by, i'm not entirely sure. you'll probably still have issues with larger battles if you're having problems now with 512. at 2GB you've got a lot more breathing room and you won't have to worry about it.

try starting a custom battle and play with the troop counts until you can repeatedly get a runtime error after a certain troop count, that might help identify your problem
  13. How to set up marching music

JacobMunro said:
    Is marching music (drums, pipes, fife, bugle) in the game yet?  If so, how are they acquired?

if you haven't seen the other posts: No, not yet. All the equipment and scripts are in place but the music is missing currently
  14. Game balance

Ambrush said:
    EDIT: Could any of you guys who tweaked your game files upload said archives so I can apply this to my build while we wait for updates? I'm just not versed in doing such things, would be greatly appreciated, send it through PM if possible, thank you.

As I think about it though it would probably just be easier to wait for Doc to patch it if you aren't capable of doing it yourself. I don't intend for that to sound mean but I don't really feel comfortable messing with someone else's mod by posting changed files, if that makes sense
  15. How has your L'aigle adventures been going?

we all have to start somewhere
    mb6.jpg

training is important!
    mb7.jpg
  16. Game balance

Okay, time to report my findings!!!

Increased the accuracy of all firearms by 15 points. Casualties are steady but misses are frequent from volley fire.

Increased damage of all firearms by 20 points. They hurt now.

Increased melee damage of all muskets by 10 points.

In line combat losses are about 35-50% of enemy forces encountered (you have 100 soldiers, you fight 50 enemy soldiers, you lose about 20-30 men, give or take luck of course) battles are a bit faster overall and a bit more intense I think

Why I really did this was for the cavalry though. before any adjustments 3>1 Infantry/Cavalry ratio would see Cavalry win every time taking minimal losses, around 10% of their forces. they are just too strong!

Now 3>1 sees infantry winning when set and prepared to fire with moderate losses and cavalry winning when infantry is scattered and unorganized, again with fairly moderate losses. (Moderate I consider anything between 30-50% dead)

I hope someone can try these numbers out and see how it feels, mostly custom battles but I did play a campaign with around 95 Soldiers wandering around getting into fights.

Remember to try different factions, i noticed the british field Dragoons in custom battles which doesn't really represent heavy cav charges I think

17. Official Bug Report Thread. Post all problems here!

the village of Aspern outside of Wien is super messed up. buildings are see through and there's a cityscape floating 2 meters or more off the ground behind it.

screenies:

mb1.jpg

mb2.jpg

mb3.jpg
  18. Animations

Improvement, but like someone else pointed out Melee attacks with muskets are still too quick and inaccurate, especially for the AI.

I can get good hits with them now at least but the AI is just atrocious, even seasoned line infantry lose to brigands/highwaymen in one on one combat when using melee. It's not lack of damage completely but the AI's inability to get within range to land consecutive hits.

19. Game balance

RanGer_SLO said:
    So I'll unload some things here that don't really belong in the bug thread.

Horses. Horses have too much armour. In fact, most of them have the same armour stat - 18. Even the "Worn out hack" horse has 18 points of armour. I suggest on getting rid of armour for most horses, with the heaviest ones having no more that 5.

Muskets. A bit inaccurate. Yes, they were inaccurate historically but the Warband AI can't deal with it. Increasing the accuracy rating by 10 points for all muskets (rifles are fine as they are) seems to have improved the battles quite a bit for me. Also, the M1777 carbine deals a lot more damage than the standard version.

Musket melee damage. It's quite low. A strike to the head from a butt of a musket would fracture a man's skull, here it takes 3-4 hits to down even the weakest opponents. I suggest upping melee damage of muskets by 15 points across the board. Also, the hunting rifle, which does not have a bayonet, can use the stab attack.

Peasant training. Maybe sometime in the future this can be changed. Right now you train the peasants with polearms like in native. I think a better option would be to train them shooting and reloading somehow (maybe spawn a target, and you "show them" how to shoot by destroying the target). For melee I think wooden swords would be a better option.

Anyway, those are my minor annoyances. Awesome mod so far. Wasn't able to enjoy it for long because every time I spotted an animation error I closed the game and opened up 3ds max, but what little playtime I had was fun as hell :smile:

ahh, you beat me to it. I was going to say some strange number like 12 or so, maybe 8 would even be good...just something. Inaccuracies are a given with smoothbore firearms but I'd go for gameplay over history in this instance. when I get a line set and open up on a rabble I want the to get cut down, not kill one or two for every dozen muskets I fire at 50 paces.
  20. India-Pattern Service Musket damage fix

pinstripepete said:
    Thanks for taking the time to post this Nopkar.

NP, hope this helps a few people out until Doc can release further fixes.

now to tinker with the accuracy...30 fusiliers not being able to hit a bandit at 20 yards is a little fishy >.>
Back
Top Bottom