Search results for query: *

1. SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

I besieged the castle of Varieno today.  Pirates were killed by Araby and then Araby had the nerve to wardec Sylvania after we killed Kislev and Stigmar.  Some of the defenders spawned up on a tower that my guys cannot get up on, so that siege did not go in my favor.  Pic related.

Varieno.jpg

Also the village of Reek cannot be entered.  That has probably been mentioned before. 

I am approaching day 700.  High elves killed Dark Elves.  Wood elves have been evicted from the forests by Brettonia and now hold half of the Skaven territory.  I have been helping wood elves, mostly to steal prisoners from Brettonia to put in my town I am fighting tooth and nail to keep.  High Elves have declared war on Brettonia and have taken a few of the territories they took from Beastmen.  Lizardmen and Nippon are still fighting with little side gaining headway.  Chaos, Orcs and Goblins have decided to give peace a chance.  Vampire counts are in slacker mode, leaving me to try and fight all of Araby alone. 

I just figured out I need a city to recruit household troops.  It would be nice if I could do that with a castle too.  Araby is putting up a decent fight.  I thought they would be lousy, but those master assassins and sand wraiths and the archer swarm are rather impressive. 
  2. SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

Wyzilla said:
    Alright, either the Vampire Counts need to be nerfed hard, the Empire needs a buff, or the Counts need to be physically moved because they just steamroll the Empire. While I've been wailing upon Kislev and Ostland as Chaos, the Vampire counts have taken all Empire land west of Altdorf and are pushing further west. IMO the 'Counts need either less lords to reduce their total army size, less settlements, or changed so they attack the Dwarves while Orcs assail the Empire- who give the Empire more of a chance to survive as they have to cross mountains first.

Well, that is odd.  I watched the empire and vampires go at it for about 350 days before joining the vampires.  What would happen is the vampires would expand west taking the castles to the west and southwest of Drakenhof, then the empire would come along and take them all back.  It went like that until I joined up when the empire was starting to take vampire castles.  I would guess that one of the things different in your game is you are fighting Kislev.  Vampires are in a small area and start at war with both Kislev and Empire.  If you would stop beating up those nice bear riding fellows the would be attacking the vampires and keeping them contained.  Vampires tend to get attacked by Kislev in the east and Empire in the west.  Without my interference vampires just expand and contract.
  3. SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

So lords seem to be losing their names.  This happened:

wat.jpg

I jumped the fellow to see what was going on and it turns out he is a goblin.  I guess Kislev is desperate.  One of the lords in Bretonnia have messed up names also.  One is named for a lord defection.  Long name. 

In other news, I just killed Stigmar.  Tomb Kings were killed by goblins.  I find that strange, mostly because goblins are traditionally a weak fodder race in games to be thrown at level 1 characters by the dozens so you can move on and fight something better.  It's different to have them controlling so much of the map.  Dwarves were killed by Orcs.  Better the orcs killed them than me.  Scary shotguns.
  4. SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

Savhos said:
    And siege of Tabelheim Is SO bugged, troops get stuck before climbing the siege tower

Yeah, my vampire army got stuck at the siege tower too.  It became a slow trickle up the stairs.  Very bloody fight.

Dwarves are also getting mad at me for no reason that I can determine.  I sometimes lose standing with them, though I am not attacking them.  Unless they are taking offense to me beating up Stigmar for some reason. 

5. SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

A couple oddities with Castle Bergbres.  When besieging the castle it has the wait time to build a siege tower.  The scene does not have a siege tower though.  Also a few of the soldiers spawned outside the castle in an area the troops could not get to.  Luckily I was still alive so I just shot them myself.  Minor stuff.

Oh, I was wondering what determines what mercenaries spawn in taverns?  I am guessing it is faction owner rather than the town itself.  I've been killing the empire for the vampires and the taverns are all full of zombie pirates now when they used to get ogres.  Though I get the feeling these blood knights are the vampire equivalent of ogre, so I am probably overstocked on super troops anyways. 
  6. SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

Mr Ovaltine said:
    I played as a vampire and joined Sylvania. Often times 1 or 2 lords from Kislev and the Empire gives us a visit and the Vampire Lords will gang up on them. But what I notice is the Vampire Lords have very small armies ranging from 75 to 150 armies per lord while Kislev and Empire have like 120 to 300 armies per lord. On the long run more and more lords from Kislev and Empire have invaded Sylvania territory and we started losing castles. It wasn't long till all of the vampire lords are imprisoned and Sylvania had no fiefs left. While all the action was happening I was able to start so many enterprises from around the realm on friendly factions and was making tons of money. I also leveled up to 23, learned all 3 combat skills, was able to buy the expensive gears, and was able to hire the best companion money can buy.

I tried freeing the vampire lords but I don't see anything happening. It feels like there is no recovery unless I amass a huge armies myself and get the Sylvanian castles back but it would be very difficult because now each lords from the Empire of Sigmar commands 230 to 350 armies each lord. If they rally and siege my castle I won't stand a chance. Also with all the empire lords swarming the territory, 2-4 nearby lords can easily break my siege.

I tried finding Vlad to quit from Sylvania and join another faction but I just found out that Vlad himself became a vassal to Emperor Karl Franz. I looked at the Notes and it is showing he is still the ruler of Sylvania. What should I do?

Yeah I am noticing the disparity between Sigmar and Syvania troop numbers too.  I swear they respawn with huge numbers.  I was beating up the Countess Emanuel every two or three days and she never showed up with less than 225 troops.  Vampire lord with more than 120 is rare.  My new tactic is just to capture all of them like they are pokemon.  Refuse ransom too.  Honor isn't going to win this fight.  I've got seven of them in chains so far.   
  7. SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

A couple troop oddities.  Butlers have 7 points in shield, 8 in ride and are a infantry with  neither horse nor shield.  Valets are crossbowmen with 0 points in crossbows. 
  8. SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

Around day 400 now.  I couldn't save the skaven.  They are all gone now, killed by Bretonnia and Wood Elves.  Beastmen died too.  Bretonia, Wood Elves and High elves killed them.  Tomb Kings are down to one town.  Goblins and Araby are beating them up.  Kislev has taken most of the territory from chaos.  On the plus side, Bretonnia and the Wood Elves went to war.  Hopefully they will keep each other busy. 

I joined the vampires.  Tried to marry into the ruling families house.  The daughter I went for is over in Nippon land.  Paid off the count and he said he will throw a feast over there.  I don't how he will manage that, but we will see.

I built myself a camp.  I'm not sure if that is useful or not.  Had to go snag on of the level 1 companions I don't use to put in it.  Sigmar came along and killed the 100 guys I had put in it.  Since I was still paying them to sit around I just wrote it off.  Did it do more in a previous version?

Oh, there are two units named Skeleton Archer.  One is in the vampire line and upgrades the other does not.  A name difference would be nice so I quit hiring the ones that don't upgrade. 

I'm not sure what Wights are for.  They seem inferior to the ghost line in just about every way.  Maybe if they had some Polearms to be used as anti cavalry or something. 

Nightmares could use a buff.  They require ride 5 but they seem worse than skeletal chargers which only require ride 4.  Pity, because I like the Nightmares model a lot more.  Unless it does something special I don't know about.  Unicorns have no ride requirement and are pretty powerful.  Bear only needs ride 4, which seems a little low.  The mounts seem a kinda of all over the map. 

How does ignore pain work?  I only noticed it when I was trying to fight off 300 demons solo.  Those little green blob looking guys seem to have it pretty high.  I would lance them for 150 and they would ignore 66 or something.  They still died, but it looked impressive.  Just curious about the calculation. 

Since guns bypass dodge, any thought to other weapons bypassing other special abilities?  Barbed crossbow bolts to bypass ignore pain for example.  Anti magic throwing axe to plant in the head of all those guys whose magic shield protects them from my gun.  Unholy arrows to stop blessings from healing them.  I don't know who the lady is with her blessings but I would love a way to stick it to her.
  9. SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

Putrid Stump also gave me an evil error.  One of the enemies got stuck in the stairs.  My whole army kept trying to kill him but couldn't.  Neither could I with sword or gun. 

Trapped.jpg

Darius the apprentice has 3 sets of links in his convo.  Let me see what you have and goodbye both appear 3 times each.  They all work though, so it isn't a big deal. 
  10. SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

I don't know if it has been mentioned but the scene for Festering Spike is messed up.  All my troops seem don't want to go near the castle.  The majority of them are stuck.  A few trickle down off the hill towards the castle, but most stay hung up at the starting point.  I'm using mostly vampire troops and ogres.  Poor rats are being stomped into the ground, so I thought I would try and help.  Bretons I can deal with fairly well.  All those elf lords are going to be a problem though.
  11. SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

kevinflemming said:
    superschokokeks said:
    @kevinflemming thx, I recall some mods with the option to change it on the fly ingame. Didn't think I have to restart. Then I don't want to do it. one restart after next patch is enough. Again Thx for help

No worries. :wink:

Yeah, there are some with that function. Perisno does, for instance. Perhaps something to look at in the future, perhaps? Who knows. But let's face it, the Vampires are the only ones that are difficult to read and that's already been fixed, so if it is on the list of "things to look into" I doubt it's anywhere near the top.

Did the orcs get a color change too?  I think they are harder to read than the vampires.  The dark green blends in with the map.

I didn't realize that the vampire family tree wasn't intentional.  I just figured some elf became a vampire and started bringing his family along, since vampire is usually something you become rather than being born as.  That Kislev have beastmen in the family tree is just funny though.  I so want to be able to tell a lord his mother was a mangy beastman now. 
  12. SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

Wendek said:
    @Thesslian :
    gsanders said:
    with the first Warband screen (before starting the mod) select options: game: enable cheats,
    then start the mod
    in PBOD options under camp menu and click "turn cheat menu on" at least twice, then exit to see that there IS a cheat menu option showing in camp menu.  If so, that's not the menu we use but it serves to tell you cheat menu status is working.
    Now select Reports: Reference items: and there are 4 hidden troop trees.  Bandits you work from the END of the list of factions to see 6 pages of bandits and all the npcs, lords and ladies shouldn't need explaining, and regular troops you are just looking at the new information.  These were for devs and playtesters to understand tuning and see the final adjusted values of troops after the game begins.  The npc values are measured in real time so they change as you equip different gear onto them, level up, etc
    same for your spouse in kingdom ladies.

This post from gsanders describes how to find the "Reference Material" menu in "Reports", then you'll have two lists there (well along with several more that are about other stuff) : one with every faction's main troops and another one with mercenaries and heroes. (Which is where I found the Chaos Troll for instance, and how I checked the Plaguebearer indeed doesn't have any skill while the Nurgling does)

Spiffy.  The tables seem to be incomplete on about half of the companions, but still lots of useful info.  Thanks.

Looking at this useful info shows that Vampire Thralls do not have the unbreakable skill.  I'm not sure if this is an oversight or intentional representing that they are still human rather than vampires. 
  13. SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

Wendek said:
    Thesslian said:
    I would.  The set wars are bothering me because they never seem to end.  Vampires have been fighting Sigmar and Kislev for 300 days non stop.  If the war never ends I never gain right to rule from being on the winning side.  I tend to run around playing merc for the losing side and retaking all their lost territory.  War ends and I gain right to rule.  After doing that for a while I found my own faction.  Since the wars never end I am not sure how I am going to get any right to rule.

So what's bothering you isn't the fact that the "starting wars" are set, but that they never seem to end. Which is another problem altogether, and something I can quite agree with - in my current game (day 85) there have been a few truces called very early in the game (days 5-10) and not a single one since then. Not a single war declaration either actually. The winning factions can pile on the losing ones (like Orcs against Dwarves in my case, surprisingly), which never get any recovering time.
    But "random" has its own set of problems : what if Chaos declares war against Orcs + Bretonnia for instance (relatively far-away, thus there wouldn't be much fighting) while Kislev and the Empire fight from the start ? Chaos would basically "cheat" and keep growing its armies during the early game while its enemies get weaker, then the initial onslaught once war is declared would be terrible. And I use Chaos as an example but it works with other factions as well.

@Nameless I did a quick check of the tree and here are some more "oddities" that I've found (assuming the "Reference Material" troop tree is actually correct, of course) :
    -Halfling Hound Riders has Dodge, the two upgrades don't
    -Longbeard has Unbreakable while neither the lower tiers nor the upgrade have it
    -Dark elf line has Dodge until they start riding Cold Ones (I think this one is intended though), although the Dread Witch does keep Dodge despite her dinosaur
    -The Ghoul doesn't have Unbreakable, unlike all the other troops in its line
    -Mounted Huntress doesn't have Dodge, unlike the two lower tier Amazon Archers units
    -Chaos Troll appears twice (Dark Elf and Kislev pages), once with Regenerate and once without - which one is true ?

Also I'll repeat what another poster said some time ago (must be at least 10 pages by now x) ) : why are the starting stats for the level 1 companions so disparate ? Corvass has 7+8+5+5 (25) while Vome and other Skellies have 6+6+6+5 (23) split randomly, and the aformentioned poster had a companion with 21 iirc. Especially since Corvass also has Dodge while Skeletons or Goblins have no skill, on top of their lower stat total. (It's more understandable for the Beastmen companions to have lower stats because Ignore Pain will really make them lategame monsters)
    In addition, some combinations don't have access to "high" (aka 7) starting Intelligence. Might be intended but kinda breaks the "Lets you build everything while staying true to lore with your party composition" thing that was mentioned. For instance as Skaven I think the two "closest" races are Chaos and Beastmen - can't get any Int with that, and I don't think there's any in the non-generic companions either since the main healer is a halfling. (Oggy being in the "good" camp). Again, it might be intended but I think it's worth mentioning.

I don't know how the game decides who to go to war with or how it is determined.  In native they seem to declare war on their neighbors mostly.  Khergit hardly ever goes to war with Rhodoks.  Nords rarely go to war with Saranid.  I'm not sure if the game decides to war dec by proximity or predetermined factions.  If it is by proximity then there probably wouldn't be much of a problem since most of the factions are close together.  If it is by predetermination then it you could increase the chance that two factions would go to war, but still allow other wars to happen.

I'm about 300 days in and truces haven't shown up since the early days.  Not that the map has changed much.  Skaven are almost dead, but the map looks pretty similar to when it started. 

Level 1 companions could use a little love.  I've been using the vampire and skeleton companions + Lord Albertus and Uggluk.  The only thing I could find about the original companions was an incomplete list on a wiki, so I avoided them since I wasn't sure who got along with who.  I picked up Albertus because he was a skeleton and the wiki said he liked Uggluk, so I got him too.  Vampires and skeletons start with stats between 4-6.  Usually 6.  Just making a quick character I end up with 33 starting points.  Getting the level 1 companions closer to that would be nice.  28-30 point range I would say.  How can you tell who has what skill anyways?  Is there some documentation somewhere that lets me know?  I don't know who has what special ability.  And if anyone has a complete list of the companions likes and dislikes could you share it?
  14. SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

Nameless Warrior said:
    Nrgl! said:
    I love the mod, but I have a low-end computer running Directx 7 and the new Scenes give me the Runtime Error Blues  :facepalm:(and a pletora of glitches and failed textures too).

Like half of the Taverns, Streets, and Lord Halls crash my game right away and the rest only crash when spawning combat (traps, quests in towns). Since this doesn't happen in Native or other mods I unsertand it's not a matter of corrupt libraries, it's about the maps being heavier and bigger.

Question  :?:: Will there be a low-end map pack with vanilla Scenes available at sometime in the future?

I understand you've put a lot of effort in the artwork, but I'm unable to appreciate it if they require higher specs to run. After all my PC is roughly the same age as Warbands itself and runs battles smoothly, it feels kind of silly to crash on account of sight-seeing.

Unfortunately that would take an awful lot of work and even if it is not the scenes which crash the game the new scripts and party amounts would. We try and make the mod as user friendly as possible but I don't think a version can be made for low end computers. If anything the mod will only get more intensive from here on.

Out of interest if I put out a version of warsword where wars are started randomly at the start between anyone and not set like they are now would it be played?

I would.  The set wars are bothering me because they never seem to end.  Vampires have been fighting Sigmar and Kislev for 300 days non stop.  If the war never ends I never gain right to rule from being on the winning side.  I tend to run around playing merc for the losing side and retaking all their lost territory.  War ends and I gain right to rule.  After doing that for a while I found my own faction.  Since the wars never end I am not sure how I am going to get any right to rule.
  15. SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

Do some factions never declare peace?  The vampires have been fighting Sigmar and Kislev for my entire game, never declaring peace.  Vampires still have all their territory too. 
  16. SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

A few bugs:

I found this guy in a tavern.  His arms are missing and his head is floating.

Erasmus.jpg

When I use shield bash on my vampire he uses the female sound rather than the male.

When wearing blood knight armor the spikes get in the way in first person view.

Mercenary Undead Pirates have 0 in firearms, even though they get guns and the unit above and below them have points in firearms. 

When choosing the wood elf start in character creation many of the parts are blank.

Mostly minor stuff really.  On another note, is there a way to see what pluses the character creation gives?  Some file I could open and look at perhaps? 
  17. SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

Sal_TheConqueror said:
    Armaury said:
    I've found a little bug where i was attacked same time i was leading a herd, the herd joined the battle !!! and the  cattle spawned as humans without gear :mrgreen:

100% a feature

Beware the battle cattle!
  18. SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

gsanders said:
    Tonic22 said:
    Hello,

I'm a human so i'm in war (i don't have kingdom) with every "evil" faction. Is it possible to make peace with them ? How ?

if you have about 1960 gold, you run up to a city with a lord in it, ask to speak to a lord, offer to make peace, at faction relation -10 the price is 1960 gold, at -20 its twice this.  If the lord leaves the city for any reason before you have spoken to him/her they attack you, unless your party is close to same size.  After you pay the price they set relations to 0 with you and you can trade/visit.
    This lasts until you join some faction or become some faction's mercenary, at which time it might be reset.

The alternative method is to sign up as a mercenary with a faction, as that will change your relations to the factions relations.  If you let the contract lapse at the end of the month your faction relations all get reset to zero.  That is usually my first priority. 

Other thoughts on the mod:  Holy god who gave the dwarves shotguns?  Those things are just terrifying.  Can players get one of those? 

I don't really care for tournaments being placed in the submenu.  I never see them now and tournaments are one of the things I am definitely interesting in knowing about.  Maybe other things could be move instead.  Walking around city streets is not really something I need since I can access the guild master from the town menu.  Visiting productive enterprises isn't something I do often either. 

There are two swords named Vampire Sword.  Both are pretty similar, but one has much better reach.  Might want to rename one of them. 

The leadership skill is granting 25 moral per rank.  I hope that is intentional. 

I had an odd bug pop up on me.  I recruited this skeleton named Treznor and I am fairly certain he had 6 strength when I got him.  I looked at him after gaining a level and he was up to 16 points of strength.  Not that it is a bad thing.  Just odd.

The lag is pretty severe in this mod, I am guessing due to all the activity.  I fast forward and a wall of text springs up from battle notifications.  Perhaps the patrols could be turned off.  Or the number of lords reduced.  It looks like every faction has 20 or so lords, which is about the same as the factions in native.  The areas they control are all much smaller than native though, with some factions being compressed into very small areas.  You could probably drop 25% of the lords and still be just fine due to the smaller areas they control.

I just saw a weird message in one of the castles.  "The chalice of blood regenerates Walach Harkon"  Walach being one of the vampires hanging out in the castle.  Can I get a chalice of blood to regenerate me or is that just for the npcs? 

Oh, quick quest question.  I remember in the previous version of this mod I did the quest where you train the villagers to fight the bandits the quest had a nasty habit of dropping about fifteen trolls on me which devastated my army.  I did the quest once after the patch and I got goblins or something.  Are trolls still in the mix or were they nixed? 

This has to be the best looking mod ever.  The scenes are cool, the creatures look awesome, the equipment is beautiful.  Really excellent work.  Thanks to everyone who works so hard to make this amazing mod happen.
  19. SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

Birger Jarl said:
    Thesslian said:
    Was freelancer removed in this version?  I made a vampire character and went to talk to the vampire lords and there is no option to join their army.  Went down and talked to one of the orc lords and I cannot join them either.

Unfortunately it conflicted with some of the new stuff and had to be axed.

Well, it looks like I am going to be hanging out in the arena until I scrounge up enough cash to buy my vampire something.  All I started with was a book.  Kind of harsh.
  20. SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

Was freelancer removed in this version?  I made a vampire character and went to talk to the vampire lords and there is no option to join their army.  Went down and talked to one of the orc lords and I cannot join them either.
Back
Top Bottom