Search results for query: *

1. Charlie Brooker

new steam update?

Hasn't anyone bothered to check their Steam Community? Warband has 5 new achievements for female characters.

WFaS also has achievements, but I dunno if that's from today or that patch before it.
  2. Charlie Brooker

So.. my preliminary opinion after two days at Warband

I spent the last two days farming Sea Raiders and I didn't see any nomad robes around.

Am I going crazy? Again?
  3. Charlie Brooker

companion desert threshold before rerecruiting?

Takes a couple of months for anyone to reappear (140ish days last time it happened to me), keep checking with travellers. Once you can ask where the companion is, it means they're back. :3
  4. Charlie Brooker

claiments

You haven't noticed that he has crappy equipment and skills? You're supposed to carry him with you until you defeat the Nords, then he becomes King and gets busy awarding every new fief to himself while holding non-stop feasts.

Pretty sure he tells you he'll stay in your army until you're done at the start too. :razz:
  5. Charlie Brooker

i killed 60 enemy in siege-attack...

If you'd used a bow you would have been done in half the time. :razz:
  6. Charlie Brooker

In sieges, all my castle defenders (usually archers) go outside

I've seen the odd bot fall off the wall but never anything like that? .-.

Are you using any mods?
  7. Charlie Brooker

I feel guilty after this particular siege...!!

Coy...sounds an awful lot like Roy doesn't it?
  8. Charlie Brooker

Polearms vs. Two handed

I thought the hafted blade was awful, took a while to kill Khergits with it and I had a power strike of 5. :sad:
  9. Charlie Brooker

To much peace, need to provoke war!

Unstable_Hero said:
    How do I start a war without my faction getting mad at me for starting **** with nuetral factions?

Being the key point here.

I'm not sure, but I think attacking their lords/caravans/fiefs will only get you in trouble with the monarch while increasing the chances of them declaring war on you. Otherwise it's doing the quest for the bad lord that makes all the good lords mad at you.
  10. Charlie Brooker

The Bull**** thread! What's the worst BS the game has handed you?

The_Freeman said:
    Boyar said:
    My avatar? What about it? It's just my character.

OT: It's a gray square...
    Maybe he has a medical condition.
  11. Charlie Brooker

unfair advantage much?

Arenas aren't exactly huge are they? Just be thankful you're not fighting Rhodoks on one of the old "hilly" maps. >.>
  12. Charlie Brooker

Gave Training to Companion: Undo Option?

Trainer is the only skill that stacks, so if you have a couple of high level companions with a few points in trainer...it's worth it. :razz:

And yes, the tooltips ingame are fairly out of date.
  13. Charlie Brooker

Questions: Raising an Army and Stuck with Prisoners

Small parties and high surgery is the smart way to do things. :razz:

If you did have an army of 250 men, you'd just spend the entire game constantly grinding for money and morale anyway.  Failing that, just mod your game so there are no limits and knock yourself out. :3
  14. Charlie Brooker

War Bow x Strong Long Bow x Strong Khergit Bow

I've been playing a Khergit character and using a Khergit bow, which is just...awful. Turns out speed doesn't amount to much when you're doing 12 damage a shot. >.<

Don't think too much about the stats, just go for either a Warbow or a Masterwork Nomad Bow. They're the best ones. :razz:
  15. Charlie Brooker

Steam?

Without Steam, I never would have played M&B.

/thread

Personally I think it's a bit daft moaning about Steam. Auto-updates can be turned off and if there are any games that require it it's only because they're either made by Valve or they use Steamworks; which means a built in server browser and VAC and whatnot.  Would you rather have Punkbuster? :shock:

Better we all attach ourselves to Valve before Activision, EA and Microsoft get involved. :neutral:
  16. Charlie Brooker

New Version 1.134?

Sarranid infantry & archers now have jarids added to their inventory.
  17. Charlie Brooker

Managing a town's economy

So basically, Towns and villages are ****ed? :razz:
  18. Charlie Brooker

You know you've been playing too much Warband when...

A quote pyramid and a debate on racism? This can only end well!
  19. Charlie Brooker

What to doooo? :(

Ser Gregory said:
    True, just started thinking about Sarranids, would that be something to try. I have HEARD that they are quite poor at Sieges, but then again what do I know :grin:

Thing is, they just nerfed Mamelukes, so you've missed out on easy mode with them. =P

Archers are pretty badass though. :3
  20. Charlie Brooker

Windows XP, Vista or 7? (crashing issues)

Mine used to crash on Vista, setting the game to Dx7 in options fixed that.

Been fine on Win 7 64x though, one of the few games that actually seems to work on it. :razz:
Back
Top Bottom