Search results for query: *

• Users: Tama
  • Order by date
  1. Tama

[GUIDE]Dedicated Server On Linux

Even when running with wine, it probably performs better than windows. Because factors that define performance are subjective; how well a system runs, stability, power draw, maintenance, etc, are often overlooked. Then there's also the fact that cpu's achieve better performance per watt on linux.

I've seen a Ryzen 5 5600 with 3200Mhz memory on linux easily beat Ryzen 5 5600X with 3600Mhz memory on windows when you compare them with geekbench 5.

2. Tama

TW servers run on linux, it will just be a matter of time till they will support it. How much performance loss do you get if you run a server through wine? Doubt it is worth it
    That is highly irrelevant, it's not like I'm running a server for hundreds of players.

Edit: Technically "a matter of time". But considering how long it is taking them to roll out the features they have already demonstrated in videos, and how long it took them to release dedicated server, we are talking about a long time.

Even if TW had announced linux servers would never be supported, using windows would still not be an option in the meantime . I already had a linux server running various things 24/7. Why would i use another machine, physical or otherwise, for bannerlord? With windows no less. That ****ty os doesnt belong anywhere close to a server machine. I can barelly suffer through windows on a desktop when i have to.
  3. Tama

Okay, I figured it out. The issue turned out to be utterly stupid, you have to navigate to the Win64_Shipping_Server folder first, then launch the server using wine. wineconsole isn't necessary.

Like this (works):
    Code:
    cd /home/tama/BannerlordServer/bin/Win64_Shipping_Server

wine DedicatedCustomServer.Starter.exe arguments

instead of doing (doesn't work):
    Code:
    wine /home/tama/BannerlordServer/bin/Win64_Shipping_Server/DedicatedCustomServer.Starter.exe arguments
  4. Tama

Forewarning This guide is somewhat advanced for linux beginners. Installing Dependencies Wine Install wine however you like. Both PopOS repositories (wine6) and WineHQ repositories(wine7) work fine, tested. Just make sure to run winecfg to install .NetFramework after wine is installed...
  5. Tama

[OpenSource][Tool]Bannerlord Module Installer

What is it? It's a self contained application. Mod Author's can embed their mods to create a single file installer, and end-users/players can double click and install. Has (7z)LZMA compression built-in. Example included in the github repository. What it does (Mod Author): Packs and...
  6. Tama

SP Native Medieval Vlandia Troops Redone 1.2

Awesome Sauce, now i'm really looking forward to bashing some khuzaits as vlandia.
  7. Tama

SP - Battles & Sieges Formation Battle Commands Doesn't Work in e1.0.8

When you assign a new formation command, it does not immediately work. You have to at least give a F1/F1 order to hold position somewhere else first. I'm pretty sure it was working fine in e1.0.7.
  8. Tama

? ?????????? ℭ??????? (Cities, Tournaments, Quests, Stats, AI and more)

Very detailed analysis and very good points throughout. I commend thee for pointing out the points that poke us fans.
  9. Tama

Economy Suggestions

It's not that important.
    Don't know about the cake, but I believe bread has been a very important food source for the lower classes. It is, was, very important.

I agree with your quality argument there, also towns should never be %100 self-sufficient in terms of food.

I'm more complaining about that workshop called artisans that produce everything instead of having many specialized workshops that would make each town unique. But instead we have the artisans and production in every town is absolutely same. The only difference is the production of connected villages. Without those, the towns are basically same. That is why i think we need more production options like flour and bread and whatever.
  10. Tama

SP - General Siege Mission/Gamemode

I'm disappointed with: If you take away all the walls and siege equipment, all you have left is a field battle, in terms of mechanics. Enemy reinforcements spawn just behind the gatehouse, just like in warband. Once you get over the walls and all your troops are inside, there's nothing to do...
  11. Tama

Disappointed with Siege

It would be great if after a point, defenders just gave up on the walls and retreated to streets and a second phase of the battle begins.

In field battles, sometimes the AI retreats closer to their spawn point and regroups. Same thing can be used to retreat into the streets during siege I think.

Maybe the defenders can push back the attackers or the attackers might surround the inner keep. Maybe the defenders are expecting Gandalf to arrive at the appointed hour or something.

There could be a second parley at this point, defenders can choose to surrender, or not.

One can hope. :smile:
  12. Tama

Economy Suggestions

But also building bakeries or distilleries, instead of creating extra food from nowhere(they can create some food, but not as much as a farm)
    I don't think they need to create food from nowhere, because slaughterhouse should do that by slaughtering cows and other food animals to produce meat.

Perhaps an option to ban food sales to caravans temporarily in certain situations can help too.
  13. Tama

Disappointed with Siege

No, please no. I don't want another stupid capture the flag for points mechanic in a game that I like. Fighting to death is more logical than losing a war just because some guy stepped into some stupid building nobody cares
    That's just my suggestion, do you have another suggestion? Also it's not for points, it's literally about capturing the walls, and defender AI reacting to that.
  14. Tama

To many whining kids

I'm sorry but this whole thread is stupid.

We, as a community, have been fortunate enough to test, criticize, suggest improvements or mod improvements since the earliest days of the franchise. Taleworlds thrives in this environment, always has.

Criticism is very important and it shows that people care about this game. Telling these people, who are fans, that they are a bunch of whiners is a dumb argument and very disrespectful.
  15. Tama

Disappointed with Siege

Suggestion version of this thread: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/siege-mission-gamemode.407606/ I'm disappointed with: If you take away all the walls and siege equipment, all you have left is a field battle, in terms of mechanics. Enemy reinforcements spawn just behind the...
  16. Tama

Economy Suggestions

Exactly!

Also the town prosperity and food should go into equilibrium, lack of food should not make 10-20 militias + garrison desert a day.
  17. Tama

Economy Suggestions

Having the hidden *artisans* workshop producing everything is counter-productive for bannerlord and more akin to warband market resets. Instead having more specialized workshops can be a very positively improved solution. Food Supply problem in towns is very annoying, there are no mills to...
  18. Tama

Dev Blog 11/07/19

For a game that thrives as a sandbox, this change is perhaps the single worst thing that has happened to Mount&Blade. Customization is more important than visually determining what class an opponent is. Without players being able to express themselves through their apparels and unique weapon combinations, I can imagine Multiplayer becoming a bleak experience for a lot of people.

Pros;
    Everything the post mentions.

Cons;
    Casual gameplay sacrificed.
    Players cannot express themselves.
    Gameplay will be limited to pre-defined classes and will stop creativity in terms of gear selection combinations.
    Staying close to a friend in a crowded server will be virtually impossible because everyone will look the same.
    Can't recognize a particular person who is perhaps dominating you, or you're dominating.
  19. Tama

Crash on Startup after latest Windows 10 Update [FIXED]

Found the fix:

Shutting down MSI Afterburner...  :roll:
Back
Top Bottom