Search results for query: *

1. SmokeyDragon

Resolved Money drops to 0 denars after winning siege as part of army

I have only had this happen and both times I exited w/o saving as soon as I saw the zero. I'll keep watch over my subsequent play sessions and try to catch a save that has it happen.
  2. SmokeyDragon

Resolved Money drops to 0 denars after winning siege as part of army

This was a really weird one, and I don't know what things contribute to it. I've had it happen twice, though, and both times I was in a Battanian army as part of a siege; both times I lost over 20k denars to this bug. I'd go into the siege with a full purse but as soon as the siege ends I'm...
  3. SmokeyDragon

when can we expect next big update please

Depending on the patch i may try and opt for a refund. As much as i like taleworlds and bannerlord this ea is wayyyyyy too slow.

Maybe its releasing today with a lot of new content.

Or next week with no new content other than 2 new perks lol.
    I'd be happy if the release didn't CTD in the midgame.
  4. SmokeyDragon

when can we expect next big update please

I see opinions on the current state of the game seem to come in only two flavors:
    The EA is broken, patches have become infrequent therefore TW bad
    TW awesome no matter what, therefore first flavor bad

The second point is not without a solid supporting argument: that being that this is an EA game and we knew darn well it was an EA game and it would be buggy, broken, maybe even a bit unstable.

I would agree wholeheartedly except for one, tiny detail: the purchase price.

Back when the original M&B released, the purchase price reflected the state of the game. I got in for $16. The game, at that point, had the odd crash bug, very little content (the only town was Zendar, and the only parties you could encounter were a few River Pirates and the Manhunters who were inexplicably hostile) and was already behind the times in graphics. But the new gameplay style hinted at great potential so we played, tested, reported bugs and brought more people in by word-of-mouth (I'd heard of the game on the beta forums for the original Age of Conan MMO). Each new patched-up version they released came at a higher price, slowly approaching release price, making those that got in earlier really happy they got a good deal despite the bugs.

Where this differs now is that the game released at full price. NO, a 10$ discount is not an EA price; that's a promotional sale off a full price. I bought in thinking that the higher price meant the product was more developed than that old original M&B I paid half of a purchase price for. Instead, the opposite was the case. I paid full price for late, cold pizza. I am getting LESS for my money.

IF the price had reflected the QA state of the product, I'd be happy with frequent crashes as that would be me helping them test.
    IF the product was at a state at least PLAYABLE (crash to desktop is unplayable), I'd be happy with a higher price as it would be me getting to play a game early with a few *minor* bugs but overall still a releasable product.
    IF T.W. were to show some awareness that they majorly messed up on this, that what they launched wasn't worth $40 or even $30, and even offered a mild apology, I'd be happy with the screw-up of the two preceding conditions.

NONE of these is true.

T.W. shows not even the slightest care (that I've seen, correct me if I'm wrong) that they gave us less for our money. Patching pace has slowed DRAMATICALLY, in fact, showing if anything a CONTEMPT for the fact that we paid more for less.

EA is not a privilege for the gamer, except in the rare cases an EA game launches with just some final polish needed (again, not the case here). EA for a broken, unstable and heavily buggy game is a boon for the developer to get massive testing across multiple platform configurations. WE are helping THEM, not the other way round.

Asking full price for a true testing EA is unethical.
  5. SmokeyDragon

Compatible with 1.168?

Lord of Shadows said:
    It works just fine on 1.168.

Does it...?  I crash to desktop any time I enter a tournament. Maybe it's some other mod breaking it and I need to reinstall?
  6. SmokeyDragon

SP Fantasy [WB] Hyboria - Conan's Legacy

MadVader said:
    Use WinMerge for visual merging of source code, it's free.

I'm familiar with all sorts of diff/merge tools.  I was wondering if there was any tool anyone'd cooked up especially for M&B modding.  Thanks, though!  :smile:

Though I'd imagine that given that BOTH are mods of the original source, there'd be TONS of differences between the two to wade through.

Does anyone know if/how Floris can be used with mod tools like Morgh's?
  7. SmokeyDragon

Any help would be appreciated.  :smile:

Does any one know a good way to merge mods?  "ModMerger" seems more like a way to keep source code separated out somehow (not even sure what that means, and I'm a programmer for a living) from what people say?  I'd like to see if I can merge Outposts into Floris as a baseline.
  8. SmokeyDragon

fladin said:
    this topic may help/inspire

Good luck

It does look interesting.  I'd actually already seen that one.  I wasn't sure if I should've been discouraged that someone had already thought of this, or encouraged that the author appears to have abandoned the project.  For now, I'm happy to keep plugging at mine.
  9. SmokeyDragon

Thank you all.  Funny thing is, I was actually just logging on to announce that I've decided to put this on hold for now and make this a Bannerlord mod.

The great response I'm seeing here is making me rethink that position, no matter how slow going this is!

Thanks to Fire_and_blood for the pointer regarding Floris.  Do any of the modding tools (morgrihm's etc) work for the Floris source code?  I'll definitely check out the outposts mod as well!  Thank you all!
  10. SmokeyDragon

Sooo... This is my first post (kinda...I have actually been playing M&B all the way back since the mid-betas of the original M&B.  I also had a forum name (TomShirk) back then and I think I may've posted once or twice under it before I lost the login and changed my email. But I digress... I...
Back
Top Bottom