Search results for query: *

1. Conquistadore

Poll for PW revamp

Hey,

First time back on the community for a long time, came specifically because I was looking to see if I could still play some PW. I'm in support of any good ideas for revamping that great mod. I don't have any suggestions as of yet but since no one seems to have said anything I figured I may as well post a message.

The biggest things that I know I find unenjoyable though which I know Vanilla PW can fix with scripts are the ability to save equipment and map position upon logout until you next log in. Any revamping of the mod which included that and also created more of the persistent world feel is good in my eyes.

Cheers,
    Conq
  2. Conquistadore

Singleplayer PERSISTENT WORLD

Oops. hope I did not spark a flame war.

And sorry but I only looked at the month of the last post, forgot to look at the year.  :lol:

But anyway.  Yeah I spoke to Vornne and he said it is possible, (as I thought) but he also pointed out that it would take a very, very large amount of work.  And he also said that it would be easier to start from native as opposed to converting from PW, (Because when you think about it, the bulk of the changes and scripts would be oriented around AI instead of actual objects and such.)

I do envision it somewhat similar to what the game Banished does.  The way that works is that there are X amount of npcs, Y amount are assigned to job A, Z amount are assigned to job B and..... W amount are assigned to job C.  Now Y, Z and W, can be interchanged between each other at any given moment and the AI decides which NPC will do which job, with no specification from player, it is fully automated.  If in the case of AI factions they would have to implement a script which would cause the Lord to rearrange occupations based on the situation of his castle.  (For instance at war he might assign a greater amount to soldiery, in the case of a food crisis more serfs and herdsmen, and in the case of a stock crisis more smiths...etc)

Something like that may be an idea, but I can see (Even with my noob eyes) that that would take huge amounts of work and scripting to implement.

Perhaps it would be better to see if the exact idea of PW for singleplayer could be completely remade as an independent game in itself, it may even be easier for someone to start from scratch than to try and make it from Warband.  Well we'll see I guess.

Thank you for your kind attention.
  3. Conquistadore

Singleplayer PERSISTENT WORLD

I think the idea is a very good one, and one definitely worth investigating to an extent.  But to convert Persistent World to Single Player Persistent world would, in my opinion, take massive amounts of Behavioral AI coding.  But providing the engine can support it, (Which considering how much of a conversion PW was from Vanilla I would say that it is possible) and someone or team of someones was willing to put in the effort I would say that it is an idea which could come to life, and if it did become reality, it could work as a saving grace for many Persistent mods already in existence which unfortunately despite their greatness have "died" simply because of the fact that it relies on multiplayer for its "life."

As a summary, I think it is a good idea (A great idea in fact) and providing someone with sufficient knowledge and expertise in AI programming were willing to put in the effort, I believe that it is possible.  If I am wrong however and the game engine would not support this level of AI programming (Which is also possible considering vanilla did not even master pathfinding) then it is up to someone to take the idea and make a whole new game from scratch.

Thank you for your kind attention.
  4. Conquistadore

MP Fantasy [WB] Herrâfell Roleplay - Coming December 2014 - Crafting, GUI, Wolves!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Looks fantastic, I love Roleplay mods and games.  I agree with Froi, this will give PW a run for its money. (Not that you actually have to pay for it but anyway)
Back
Top Bottom