Search results for query: *

1. Mispronounced

Main Thread - 3.0 released!

About to give this mod a try again!
  2. Mispronounced

Native OSP 2D Art Ultimate Enhanced Map Textures - Released

Yes, a squid. Look carefully at the texture.
  3. Mispronounced

Isn't heavy armour a little too OP?

The best way to stop horse is with some tactics. If you line up some tanky inf behind pikemen and and use your horse to flank the survivors while your projectile people pepper them all at a safe distance they stop being a problem.
  4. Mispronounced

Perisno Development Thread | Version: 0.8 | Released >>

They won't be steamrolled by the elves this time, right? I loved Tolranian troops, but they would always get detours by all the other factions, even though they had badass troops.
  5. Mispronounced

SP Native [WB] Native Alternate Expansion

Like I said, unless you have the module system, it would be difficult to remove it. You'd have to know how the txt files work if you want to remove the feature without the module system.
  6. Mispronounced

Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Ah, It was the quest and duplicate tutorial items that we're causing the problem. Thanks guys, I'll make sure to keep out a better eye for scripts like that.

Another question: is it safe to remove duplicate items? By that, I mean items marked _DUPLICATE by Lavs compiler. (I'm assuming the tutorial duplicate items are hardcoded)
  7. Mispronounced

Will changing the order of the items (,starting at weapons,) break anything? I know about the stuff you cant reorganize at the top, I'm asking about the items past the final warning about changing orders.

I already went ahead and reorganized the armors and weapons and got a weird side effect. All Native items have +0 Morale bonus on them, desides stuff that already provided this, such as foods. Is it the placement in the file or is it because I reorganized them?
  8. Mispronounced

Help Needed Run-time Error

Well, I'm no expert, but most of those errors seem to be related to missing textures, even your error at the beginning.

Might want to ask on the Q&A thread, mainly cause this is the wrong place to post stuff like this.
  9. Mispronounced

SP Native [WB] Native Alternate Expansion

Sadly, no. Not until he releases the module system.
  10. Mispronounced

Need suggestions for a Russian 15th century troop tree!

Well, after learning English and French, he wanted to try something "different". He seems to be doing fine, but he has mentioned some weird Russian language practices  :wink:
  11. Mispronounced

Ah, very nice. Plus, it's in spanish!

They mention Kholops.

From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kholop
    The Russkaya Pravda, a legal code of the late Kievan Rus, details the status and types of kholops of the time.

In the 11th - 12th centuries, the term referred to different categories of dependent people and especially slaves. A kholop’s master had unlimited power over his life, e.g., he could kill him, sell him, or pay his way out of debt with him. The master, however, was responsible for a kholop’s actions, such as insulting a freeman or stealing.

A person could become a kholop as a result of capture, selling oneself, being sold for debts, after having committed crimes, or through marriage to a kholop. Until the late 15th century, the kholops represented a majority among the servants, who had been working lordly lands. Some kholops, mainly house serfs, replenished the ranks of the princely servants (including those in the military) or engaged themselves in trades, farming, or administrative activities.
    Do you recommend I continue to call them this on the troop tree or use something like a serf?
  12. Mispronounced

OSP Other 2D Art Count's retexturing guild (download link on first page + Game of thrones OSP)

Wow  :shock: I'm late to the party. Amazing textures, man!

Here is my request: a wolf and bear head pelt helmet thing (what are these called?) just the pelt would be fine, but adding some light armor would be nice.

3hpvp.jpg

Also, there is a big shortage on matchlock guns. I really need a matchlock pistol, if you are willing.
  13. Mispronounced

@KonykSoldatyk
    (I hope you can read this?)Woah, those are some nice pictures. Thanks for taking some time to look up these images . I tried searching for military related stuff on Russia during this time period, but there was very little info. Although I will have to stick the text in a translator and hope for the best.

@Leonion
    Sorry for the simple "thanks", I was in the middle of class (first day of school for me). I will now give some proper feedback...well, at least try (I've only slept 3 hours in two days  :dead: ).

First, I'd like to say, once again, thanks for taking your time to respond to this post and help me out :grin:

The biggest idea I will take from your suggestions is the name of the faction. I will use Zimin, as this faction is protected by the harsh climate (much like Russia), but this name will also represent their personality, cold. I wanted the Ravkin to be very cruel fuedal lords, usually treating their peasants like slaves. The Order is maintained to keep the wealthy rich and the poor poor. I know Russia didn't really have slaves, but I wanted to add a little twist to the Ravkin to set them apart. (Hence "rab", which Google Translate gave me, it told me it meant slave, so you are right). Another twist is that the Ravkin do not like to take casualties, so they give their troops some heavier armor. To them, people = $$, so you can't go around losing $, protect it.

I will take your suggestion and use tiazholaya pehota, dvorianin as singular, Dvorianskiy Molodets (with plural), opolchenets (question: militia is considered plural sometimes in english. Is opolchentsy nessesary?), and some more stuff.

I will leave Skirmisher the same and the Infantry for the first tier in english, so anyone can know at least what path to upgrade to.

Eh, that is some if the major things I will change. I will get some sleep and then make a new picture for the updated troop tree. I've been adding tons of items for troops recently, so maybe I'll upload a screenshot of the completed troop tree :grin:

P.S. the gender usage in nouns is similar to Spanish, my native language. Unlike English where it is not used at all. So it was pretty easy to understand :smile:
    P.S.S. my older brother is trying to learn Russian as his 4th language. He just started recently, so he couldn't help me much haha. He's still learning the new alphabet!
  14. Mispronounced

Holy crap. Nice organization.

Yes, rubik's new presentations will need some tweaks to work, but it's a huge improvement to his old version (which I assume you are using/based you code on). Must be hard solo-ing such a huge project by yourself...I'm struggling with my tiny project, I can't even imagine your struggle. How come most of the team doesn't help out much? I've heard that the Perisno team has tons of potential, but always leave stuff half finished or just simply as ideas. Not trying to bash on any inactive devs, I'm just sayin'. Get someone to help you!

I dread having to go through and add fac_kingdom_x at the end of every item  :facepalm:
  15. Mispronounced

Why not use rubik's Perfect Troop Tree Prrsentations? It's helpful for viewing troop stats and items for when you're balancing troops :grin:
  16. Mispronounced

OSP Code Campaign [WIP] Way of the Sea - water travel -

Ramaraunt planned to implement port seiges, but chances are he is done with modding...but what a great feature that would be!
  17. Mispronounced

Thanks @CutContent.

Off topic:
    Just found found out about your mod...I must say: great work! Pretty cool how you have managed to go so far on M&B. I don't own M&B myself, but expect me to keep watch over your progress.

I can't even imagine what you could do with Warband :grin:
    I wish i could help you, but I'm just learning how to use OpenBRF myself  :oops:
  18. Mispronounced

Is there any downside to adding to much meshes to one brf? For example, have all of your custom meshes and textures into one brf. Was asking necause I saw an OSP mod that did this, and this mod will not load for me. So i was wondering if the game can't handle it or something. Thanks ahead of time!
Back
Top Bottom