Search results for query: *

1. Jabinji

Crash on EU Server

Yep me too, and it's not DX7 or DX8
  2. Jabinji

Bande of Pike & Shotte - 'The Lucky Dogs' Mercenary Company

How does one go about joining this, sadly i've only just discovered this... sensual mod.
  3. Jabinji

Alpha Patch 1.2

You guys realise cavalry in the Napoleonic wars was 'overpowered'  and at Waterloo even a British square of 500 men in four rank formation took heavy losses from cuirassiers getting just close enough with swords. I just think the game needs to be balanced financially because a Horsey and a cuirass would cost a lot more to maintain in an army than a plebiaen with a coat and brown bess.
  4. Jabinji

Where's The War???

I would actually agree with that in the current political climate.
  5. Jabinji

Where's The War???

Britain truced with France just after they took SHEFFIELD lol and had more than enough manpower to take it back. Also what's with all the Holland armies and French armies running around the British isles? Britain was invaded twice in the whole Napoleonic wars which were complete failures and after 1805 battle of Trafalgar there was no hope of any French invasion.
  6. Jabinji

Video demonstrating the power of Calvary

As someone who's been using British line infantry, the best strategy I've found to tackle a huge cavalry charge is firstly use cav your self and counter charge in a better formation or send in some crappy cuttthroats or pirates first on a different troop selection; to tangle the cav up and make it a shooting contest.

Using thick formations would seem to be a smart thing to do but firstly the a.i. horses are suicidal and won't rear up and secondly even if you switch to melee the a.i. soldiers won't brace their spears. So you're guaranteed a bloodbath every time and the best thing to do is melee charge. If a musket ball takes out a horse the rider gets up in a second is essentially turned into a swordsman, so perhaps you could add some script to make them take damage. At the battle of waterloo only the most skilled French cuirassier could make there horse get in range of a square formation for sword time hence why it was a turning point in the battle. But nevertheless cavalry was overpowered in real life and the British still took huge casualties. But this was also balanced by the fact cav had a massive upkeep. It was like the French charging the British with ferrari's so perhaps the game could be balanced in that financial aspect as well.
  7. Jabinji

Game balance

I agree with that, I just purchased a 95th Rifleman Officer dress suit with 40+ body armour. That's the equivalent of half-armour swordsmen in wfas. But I quite like the melee, unless you got a really good slash in, a sword wouldn't cut through a coat. Russian swords for example in the Crimean war were notoriously dull and often glanced off British greatcoats and vice versa. But I honestly wouldn't care if musket balls were given an insane amount of damage, even if you're shot in the arm that's enough to knock you senseless during a battle.
  8. Jabinji

Game balance

Wfas had a good musketry system, you didn't have to babysit your musketeers because they could reload whilst reforming.
    Also if I point blank French hussars with my British line infantry and I visibly see them getting shot it doesn't always kill them.
    Cavalry seems to slay my troops more when the rider's horse has been shot and they get up like nothing happened, and they essentially have a swordsman in amongst my troops that they can't deal with.
    This is a warband problem but wouldn't horses rear up if you made a line of bayonets? It makes sense for cuirassiers to smash through but not light cav.
  9. Jabinji

The Original L'Aigle Thread, for the sake of history. Be ye warned.

I know the British didn't field the best muskets but the India-service musket, only with the bayonet, does 0 damage. That's on custom battle, haven't tried the campaign yet.
  10. Jabinji

I feel a certain way about NW musicians

I prefer to think of them as meat shields.
Back
Top Bottom