Search results for query: *

1. blacklimo

Need help with module.ini - not a total n00b :)

Thanks for the suggestion, but I think I know what the problem is....  that's what you get when you try to port a mod at 2am.... 

When I couldn't sleep I lay in bed mulling it over in my brain, and suddenly realized that I forgot to modify the skins and actions module files :roll:  I'll fix them this evening and see how it goes  :oops:
  2. blacklimo

Need help with module.ini - not a total n00b :)

Hi Guys, Got a bit of a perplexing issue.  I have a private use mod (never for public release as it contains meshes, textures and animations from other mods) that has worked great up until i recently updated to version 1.143 I have ported my troops and items etc to the new version using the...
  3. blacklimo

Shogun - Sengoku Jidai (OLD DISCUSSION TOPIC)

Herald said:
    Kenjutsu = Art of the sword

Correct

Herald said:
    Byujutsu? = Art of the bow

I believe this is actually called Kyudo (way of the bow)

Herald said:
    Iaijutsu= Art of the fast draw, or was it the art of something else, I forget.

Can't remember the exact meaning of this one, but if I remember correctly the "ai" (such as in "aikido") means "harmony" or "harmonious".  I do know that Iaijutsu and Iaido involves 3 basic components: draw, defend, counterattack, finishing by returning the sword to it's saya.

BTW: "jutsu" = the art of, "do" = the way of, and for those who give a toss, "dojo" literally means "the way place"
  4. blacklimo

B Medieval [WB] Assassin Mod - 2 OST Added

Amazing what you can stumble across on the interwebz...  Gotta say this looks F**KING AWESOME!!!  Love your models.  This one will definitely be going into my "Must Play Mods" list.  Keep up the good work.

Just a little request guys... please post in English on the English forums, just a little courtesy thing :smile: thanks.

Quick question:  Will the Assassins have small crossbows (like the pistol style thing) or will they be using the big heavy ones?  A small pistol-grip 1-handed crossbow would be epic!
  5. blacklimo

Shogun - Sengoku Jidai (OLD DISCUSSION TOPIC)

Hey, looks awesome dude... downloading now :smile:

Lord Benrir said:
    Will the player be able to commit seppuku as well? :mrgreen:

OT: Just to throw this in here, I've always wondered how one would actually rehearse this ritual in order to perform it correctly in the event it was required.... (I'm a student of Bushido arts myself so this holds a special interest :smile:)
  6. blacklimo

Custom NPC Gear - Why do they wear their helmets inside when I make them lords?

I have customized the companions to use some different gear to the vanilla, and I have given them civilian clothing as well as decent armor for use in battle.  The clothing appears fine when I make them lords and visit them in their castles, but they are wearing their helmets, gloves and armored...
  7. blacklimo

Question re "Sneaking In" quest equipment

I have seen a couple of threads showing how to use your own equipment when sneaking in to a town or castle, but has anyone worked out the formula for the equipment numbers so you can specify a different set of gear?  eg, in vanilla M&B it was (#+1)x3...  I can't work this one out though....  but...
  8. blacklimo

OSP Kit QoL Ye Olde Tavern Strumpets

N0ught said:
    Malik Faris said:
    xenoargh said:
    Then say something funny when it fades back in ("Oi, you said it was 'like a leapord', but it was more like a squirrel, m'lord!", etc., ad nauseum, with some cute code that takes into account STR/AGI/CHR/INT, Persuasion (heh) Leadership (double-heh) Merchant (hahaha) etc.  Anything past that is too gratuitous for my tastes, personally.

and "Power Strike" :wink: :wink: and "Ironflesh"  :wink: :wink: and "Spotting":wink: :wink: and "Pathfinding":wink: :wink: "Tactics":wink: :wink: and "Weapon Master":wink: :wink: and "Athletics":wink: :wink: and how could i forget "Riding" :wink: :wink:. say no more say no more.

Don't forget "Shield".  :wink: :wink:

Without it you might catch a plague. Shield it before you wield it!

Hooray for hookers! :mrgreen:

I heartily agree sir!!!

Malik Faris said:
    Mount & ***** : Whoreband

LMAO... good one

Malik Faris said:
    you forgot the final tier:
    Revan Shan said:
    Casual prostitute - Elite Slut - Mounted ***** - Your Mom

:razz:

Pwnd!!!

On Topic:  I like this idea, adds a slight diversion form hacking up Rhodoks and Vaegirs....  I'm pretty partial to the fade-to-black idea personally.

/support
  9. blacklimo

[B] Warband Original Animations Base Mod - Released!

Wyrmhewer said:
    As others have mentioned here, it`s the new horseback animations that are total sh*t. Yeah the old animations might have looked pretty basic but at least you knew you
    were going to wallop someone when you aimed. I can`t fight for the life of me on horse in warband! Just when I think i`ve got a strike lined up, my mouse moves slightly
    and he changes his stance resulting in a total miss. Arghh!! Thats even with a 2 handed sabre!.

Foot combat seems a lot easier than horseback with the new animation system. This mod is great as I can at least get back to a pale imitation of my original M&B prowess.

Nothing worse than a Khergit Khan who whiffs his way through battles, then skulks away from his men with a red face... :mrgreen:

Agreed.

Ideally a hybrid of the old mounted animations and new foot animations would be pretty cool.  The other thing in WB that sh*ts me is the new markers above your units...  it totally obscures your view if one of your minions stands in front of you...  I've taken to knocking them out just so I can see!
  10. blacklimo

apsod said:
    Just because I dont like the old animations I am not allowed to post!?
    Thanks for support CorSelinke :grin:

Edit: "I hate zombies so I would hate your mod" I did not write this. I Thought the maker did a good job. And btw he ported animations, he did not make a mod...

First up... a question.  Is English your first language?  This is not intended as a barb, I am really curious.  If English is a second language I could understand the misinterpretation of my post.  I did not say that you said "I hate zombies so I would hate your mod", I was using that as an example.

And I was not saying or even implying that "because I dont like the old animations I am not allowed to post".  I was merely pointing out the sheer inane stupidity of the statement "but I would really hate this, because I hate the old animations".

So my case in point. 
    1: You don't like the old animations (as you pointed out).
    2: The thread title contains "Warband Original Animations".
    3: You joined a thread about a topic that you have stated you don't like, and made a post that says you don't like said topic.  This is akin to joining a topic about "Pies" and saying "I hate Pies.  Cake is better".  This is an apt example because it shows a dislike of the topic, not the specific content, and I commend the fact that you praised the modder for his efforts.

At no point did I say "You cannot post in this forum".  I was simply asking why you even bothered to look here in the first place since, as you stated, you hate the old animations?

BTW I am not trying to start an argument, I am just trying to get a point across.
  11. blacklimo

CorSelinke said:
    blacklimo said:
    apsod said:
    Good work, but I would really hate this, because I hate the old animations :smile:

So why the **** would you even look in this thread let alone post in it?  That's so retarded it doesn't even deserve to be called retarded....

DoubleFacePalm.jpg
    Way to be a jerk. The guy just came here and said that the modder did a good job, though he likely wouldn't use the old animations because he didn't like them. He wasn't insulting the mod/modder any less than going to a mod thread about zombies and saying it looks good, but since you don't like zombies you probably won't use it.

Why shouldn't he post here? Hell, if I was a modder I'd be thrilled to know that people liked my work or at least appreciated what I did, whether or not they used it.

On topic: Sounds awesome, totally going to DL.

Maybe I came on a bit strong, but my point still stands.  If you didn't like zombies (to use your example) why would you even bother to look in the thread, let alone post a reply that said "I hate zombies so I would hate your mod"...  make sense?  And just to point out, he did use the word hate, which is a very strong word.

It's kind of like those people who complain about violence or coarse language or nudity etc in TV shows and movies, when they could just as easily change the channel and watch something else...  if you don't like it, don't look, nobody's holding a gun to your head!

So if pointing out the stupidity of such a thing to somebody makes one a jerk, then so be it.

back on topic,  Thanks OP for your hard work.  Good job bro.

Llew2 said:
    What I'd really like to see is just the horseback attack animations reverted back to what they were. The new ones were retarded, and they still are, unfortunately.

There's no such thing as precision anymore, it's just wild hit or miss from horseback. You use to be able to lay a perfect hit between the head and shoulders at a full gallop, but with the advent of the Warband style, you basically just swing as fast as you can and hope the engine figures out which side of the horse you're trying to hit on.

Totally agree.  Warband mounted combat is just horrible.  Instead of timing your swing to reach the apex of it's arc as you pass your target (like you used to) it's become a full-on click fest in the vain hope that you might actually hit something.  And forget about lancing... might as well have a toothpick for a weapon, you'd have about as much chance of scoring a hit with it.
  12. blacklimo

[B] Warband Realistic MOD for 1.113

Crossbow Joe said:
    no excuses for being a new user here, it's a standard web-forum rule in every forum I've ever used.
    What if you have never been on any other forums, I certainly had never been on any forums for more than one or two posts before now and I actually triple posted at the start because I did not think to look for edit  :razz:

Wow... I just noticed how harsh my previous post sounded....  wasn't intended to be a rant or a punch in the head or anything....  I get a bit impatient when I have a cold, and yes I know that's not a valid excuse, so my apologies if my post offended.

blacklimo said:
    @ Veracious1

/slap for the double post....  that's what the edit button is for....  no excuses for being a new user here, it's a standard web-forum rule in every forum I've ever used.

Please do not double post in forums as it is considered impolite.  In the future please use the edit/modify function to add to or change your posts.  Thank you.

^
    fixed
  13. blacklimo

@ Veracious1

2 things...  Wall-of-Text leads to bleeding eyes, and /slap for the double post....  that's what the edit button is for....  no excuses for being a new user here, it's a standard web-forum rule in every forum I've ever used.

@ SUBS

Relax dude, and get your exaggeration detector fixed... my gods man, what would you have said if Koror had said 100 miles instead of 2?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for the arrows not coming down, totally realistic I think... they're getting stuck in the fuselage of a passing 747...  they had those back then didn't they?
  14. blacklimo

Umm...  make a u-turn and go back about 600 miles to get to my point, cos you totally missed it dude :smile:
  15. blacklimo

apsod said:
    Good work, but I would really hate this, because I hate the old animations :smile:

So why the **** would you even look in this thread let alone post in it?  That's so retarded it doesn't even deserve to be called retarded....

DoubleFacePalm.jpg
  16. blacklimo

Familyguy1 said:
    okiN said:
    I'd say so, but I'll let it slide. He'd better not pull this kind of **** again, though.

Interesting, at first I thought your first post was sarcastic, but now I see.

It is sort of a douchebaggery move isnt it? For Bite Me?

LOL...  I luv the internets....  this word gets my vote for word of the year :smile:  I may start using it in preference to "asshattery"
  17. blacklimo

Some things tha piss you off?

I notice a lot of references to 1v1 lance vs lance in tourneys...  I like the term "lance boxing"... made me lmfao :smile:

I totally f*cking hate getting lumped with a lance...  I either ditch it for a sword or axe at the first opportunity, or in the case of a "lance boxing" match I try to nail their horse first with a well placed couched lance strike, the dismount and kick the f*ck out of them until they're unconscious!!!  It's piss funny watching them try to stab you point blank with a 50 foot broom handle while you kick 'em in the shins!!!
  18. blacklimo

CounterPoint391 said:
    Damn Khergits.......
    Even my ingame character gets so pissed off he grasps his sword by the blade and murder-strokes those bastards.....
    mb4-1.jpg

mb5-1.jpg
    mb3-1.jpg

Looks like your dude is one of the soldiers the lords talk about when they ask you to train some men for them, you know when they say "They don't know one end of a sword from the other"...  maybe he needs more points in 2H weapons skill?

:lol:

CounterPoint391 said:
    Forest Bandit's suck too, but they're not so bad when you put this armor on....
    mb8.jpg

lmao

Makes you want to kick them and scream "THIS! IS! CALRADIA!"

caution-this-is-sparta.jpg

or even better

4339912.jpg
  19. blacklimo

Obnoxious animated signatures......  :grin:
Back
Top Bottom