Search results for query: *

1. SP Other The Gathering Storm - A Wheel of Time Mod (Beta) Latest Version: V0.2.7d

Raist: The other weaves work normally for me, but chain lightning is really buggy. Doesn't often work. As a rule, I don't use it. As for Ranged Blast, I've found it works devastatingly, but it won't push enemies in castles and in streets.

Uncontested: There are indeed Whitecloaks. The Amadican armies are full of them
  2. SP Other The Gathering Storm - A Wheel of Time Mod (Beta) Latest Version: V0.2.7d

Very solid. I'm loving the new stuff, Mat.
  3. SP Other The Gathering Storm - A Wheel of Time Mod (Beta) Latest Version: V0.2.7d

Awesomeness, Mat. I'll check it out ASAP
  4. SP Other The Gathering Storm - A Wheel of Time Mod (Beta) Latest Version: V0.2.7d

Mat: It's good to know your limitations.  :grin: As to the Two Rivers lads, they're really strong, but they get killed lots when the enemy is close. I'd say it makes them pretty balanced. They're like really accurate Channelers that don't do splash damage. I've not tried the Red Hand crossbowmen, since I'm not really a crossbow guy, but I've seen what they can do. Less accurate but tougher than the Two Rivers men.

Kotton: The Two Rivers longbowmen are the best in the game in my opinion. If you're raiding a hideout or fighting in the streets/castle, it's always great to have at least a few with you.

Tumetsu: The Dragonsworn are kind of insane with their bases, plus they are really easy to wipe out. Take on the Aiel for a challenge. Sieging them is pretty close to suicide, seeing as all of their troops are made to work without cavalry and they have channelers.
  5. SP Other The Gathering Storm - A Wheel of Time Mod (Beta) Latest Version: V0.2.7d

Tumetsu: The Blight is where the trollocs are, but you can sometimes find them farther south. I was camped in Andor and I got attacked by close to 60 of them. Not fun when your party's just lost a lot of guys to a siege. But, of course, the wetlanders are soft, so they're nice target dummies.

Kotton: Definitely. If you feel particularly brave, lucky or suicidal, stand beside a dragkhar (sp?) for a few seconds and see what happens  :twisted:
    plus, the darkfriends are some of the nastiest channelers to ride up against. crumble your army from the inside with Compulsion.
  6. SP Other The Gathering Storm - A Wheel of Time Mod (Beta) Latest Version: V0.2.7d

Hmmm....makes it a bit less useful, then. Do you know what causes it to stop working? I've found no patterns to when it works and when it doesn't work.
  7. SP Other The Gathering Storm - A Wheel of Time Mod (Beta) Latest Version: V0.2.7d

Yeah, but a useful weave nonetheless. Kill a bunch of people and have a chance not to fry your own men for once  :razz:  Does it do damage when it doesn't chain?
  8. SP Other The Gathering Storm - A Wheel of Time Mod (Beta) Latest Version: V0.2.7d

mat2rivs said:
    Seekers will be about twice as fast for the next release.

I still am not able to make the weaves report damage correctly.  I think that must be hard coded into the engine.  It always seems to give the amount of damage the weapon is set to deliver. (So, it says, "delivered 0 damage" all the time.)  I would probably have to make my own damage reporting code.  Which seems like a lot of work for not that much result.

Also, lightning seems to work a little oddly.  Sometimes, you shoot enemies, and nothing happens.  This goes on for a while, and then all the sudden, it works like it should, and you are shocking everyone you shoot.  I'm not sure what is causing that.  Maybe something with agent slots not resetting.

And yes, you shouldn't be getting compelled with the patch.  And hurray for v1.134 working with the mod.  :smile:

I've noticed that recently. The lighting sometimes jumps and sometimes doesn't. Also, since there's no splash, and it doesn't always chain, I can never tell if I hit. Also, does it only chain to enemies, or to anyone? I can't see, to tell (heat of battle and all that)
  9. SP Other The Gathering Storm - A Wheel of Time Mod (Beta) Latest Version: V0.2.7d

As it is, they're really useful when a few lords or high-tier troops come at you, or if you want to channel and there are a bunch of allies around the target. I guess I was just using them wrong. Can't use them as a primary attack weave.

Do you think getting the weaves to report damage will be possible. It would be kinda nice to know how many times I have to lightning someone in the face before he dies.

As for the new patch, I've not been Compelled yet, even against the darkfriends, so that's good. Plus, it seems to be working right with v1.134
  10. SP Other The Gathering Storm - A Wheel of Time Mod (Beta) Latest Version: V0.2.7d

They're still slow, but I guess that's a matter of perspective. They do move, but kinda slowly. Kind of a short-range weave, but useful when someone with a big sword comes at you  :smile: . Does it pick a target at random,or whoever is in the crosshair?
  11. SP Other The Gathering Storm - A Wheel of Time Mod (Beta) Latest Version: V0.2.7d

You were hit by Compulsion. The trick there is to hope someone un-Compels you, or to run (and take a hit to morale), or if you trust your troops enough, just sit and twiddle your thumbs until the enemies die. I don't suggest you take the opportunity to butcher the enemy, though. Sure they won't attack you, but you lose way too much morale. I lost an army of 150+ because of that  :mrgreen:. It also might help not to rush headlong into a group of darkfriend channelers. They are the only ones other than the player who can weave Compulsion.

Mat said he might make the player immune to Compulsion in the foreseeable future. Might be too buggy.

12. SP Other The Gathering Storm - A Wheel of Time Mod (Beta) Latest Version: V0.2.7d

New bug: First quest: go to bandit hideout near (player name). Can never find it, or it appears where ever you are. Happens with the Find the Merchant's brother/son. Also, why is the merchant in Tar Valon a Lugarder? Is he secretly Fain in disguise?  :shock:
  13. SP Other The Gathering Storm - A Wheel of Time Mod (Beta) Latest Version: V0.2.7d

In that case, maybe moving it a bit faster, then? It happens in all battles in single player.
  14. SP Other The Gathering Storm - A Wheel of Time Mod (Beta) Latest Version: V0.2.7d

Mat, just to let you know, your previous post said that frost blast doesn't kill, but I've taken down people with a direct hit (but not very often). Also, does bind do damage? I haven't noticed. Also, when I weave a Seeker, it doesn't move.
  15. SP Other The Gathering Storm - A Wheel of Time Mod (Beta) Latest Version: V0.2.7d

That doesn't normally happen to me, but sometimes I get knocked unconscious by a random soldier when I channel a lot. It's probably just a hiccup in the channeling system. If you could give any information on when it happened, that would be great.
  16. SP Other The Gathering Storm - A Wheel of Time Mod (Beta) Latest Version: V0.2.7d

The damage does not show as usual, but the enemies still die after enough hits. Fireball, fire wall, and chain lightning do damage, but don't one-hit people generally (but sometimes they do) Not sure, but I've seen people die from ranged earth blast, but I don't think air blast does much or any damage
  17. SP Other The Gathering Storm - A Wheel of Time Mod (Beta) Latest Version: V0.2.7d

For steddings, I think it's just a matter of making it so that, in an area, the Shadowspawn don't travel (like some kind of code). Channeling is easier. Just make it so that when you pass a certain area, the power weapon disappears, and reappears when you leave (that is possible, right?)
    I'm not sure about weaving a weapon, it might not be possible.
    Artifacts, I know can be made, but maybe use ter'angreal for most.  Simple stuff: an item that makes some food every day, or increases travelling speed, or grants a new weave in game
    As for the storyline, I've seen it done before, but I'm not sure how (I've never coded anything more complex than a very basic website). If you need someone to write the storyline (if you do a parallel story, I mean) I'd love to help.

As for removing compulsion on the player, that might be good. You'd think that if a compelled person started killing the enemy anyway, the troop morale would increase, and enemy morale would go down.
  18. SP Other The Gathering Storm - A Wheel of Time Mod (Beta) Latest Version: V0.2.7d

The compulsion does make sense. Oddly enough though, seeing as you're totally in control, you can still wipe out your enemies with channeling, and they won't touch you. The only thing you lose is a bit (or a lot in a big battle) of morale. Maybe if the person who wove the compulsion died, it would be removed (can this be done?)

For the air weapon, I was thinking of something like a weapon (like a dagger or sword made of air (or maybe like Rand's flame sword).
    Oh, and maybe artifacts would be fun. Like angreal, sa'angreal and ter'angreal.
    Maybe even steddings, where no channelers can channel, and shadowspawn can't enter
    Also, could you implement a storyline (I've seen other mods do it, and even helped test one)? Something like a parallel story, and you can chose which faction to join or play as one of the main characters

Sorry for the overload of ideas. It's just that I'm re-reading WoT again :smile:
  19. SP Other The Gathering Storm - A Wheel of Time Mod (Beta) Latest Version: V0.2.7d

But you can un-compel yourself, right?

On a side note, do you think you can make the male channelers go crazy (random weaves going to random targets)? That might make for an interesting time. Also, maybe torm would be fun! Slow but insane charge and armor. Also, will there be any new weaves? Like an air weapon, or earthquake, or wards for camping. Might add more depth to the game.

Just a few thoughts. :grin:
  20. SP Other The Gathering Storm - A Wheel of Time Mod (Beta) Latest Version: V0.2.7d

Just in case, can you unweave compulsion, or will it kill you?
Back
Top Bottom