Search results for query: *

1. Brandis.

Post-Release Plans for Multiplayer?

For a studio the size of TW it was already abandonware, and now they have even less incentive to do anything. At least during EA they could make the argument to improve MP so that the game would be more appealing for official launch.

No multiplayer game with servers that constantly crash is going to have a playerbase. No self-respecting studio would launch an MP knowing that they have had awful servers for 3.5 years and did nothing to fix them.
  2. Brandis.

well well well, you just murdered the last straw for mp

People are going to think that servers crashing every couple maps, login issues, group issues, random lag spikes, are all launch issues, when really they are core Bannerlord features.
  3. Brandis.

In Progress Unexplained 10-20 second lag

Summary: 10-20 second visual lag when performing any action, such as attacking someone, blocking, picking up a weapon, switching weapons, mounting a horse or being killed. Teleporting allies and enemies. Intangible bodies everywhere. My internet is stable 100 down 10 up Mbps, this happens on...
  4. Brandis.

4 Problems with Ranked (placements, gains, everyone is in the same lobby)

Easy solution, MMR decay.

True, even if people placed silver and had to play a number of games to reach top 20, once you got there you could still camp until the end of time.
  5. Brandis.

New troll inside. Сomplaint against troll.

TerribleRave throws every round, running away from his team and teamkilling teammates and their troops. He polls random teammates every match. He also plays all day so there's no avoiding him.

Idk where to report players, but this guy ruins the game.
  6. Brandis.

Also you forgot to mention resetting Ranks. In order for anything to work or be fixed the Rankings of players would have to be reset & everyone would have to re qualify and play their 10 matches again. I mentioned this important factor but they moved my post so no one could see it.

Yes I agree. Ranks should be reset.

People should place gold/silver max. At the moment, you can see almost none of the top leaderboard players play, because the chances are that they'll lose rank even if they win almost every game they play. This should be the opposite.

The only way you should get the top ranks should be because you play. Not because you play less than 15-20 games with a very high winrate.
  7. Brandis.

Algorithmic handicapping is WRONG for Online Games

Irrational rants about Elo Hell next to gameplay that would make bronze players cringe. Truly incredible.
  8. Brandis.

Closed Cancel Queue Bug

Summary: I was queued for a matchmaking game and pressed Cancel. However, I loaded into a map (with players on both teams) for a couple seconds, before the game switched back to the main menu. (I didn't press anything during this time, since pressing Cancel.) I did not see a leavers penalty...
  9. Brandis.

Opinion Poll

Feck no, the concept is a problem! XD this isn't League of Legends, we don't need forced competition, and we need to be able to play the game. There is no benifit to constantly being unable to play a match because of fewer people then 12
    That's not how the system works. It makes 3v3s or 4v4s if there are not 12 players available.

There's no PvP game where putting players with 1000s of hours against brand new players is an enjoyable experience for the new players.
  10. Brandis.

On the party issue: allow partying for gold and below. Allow duos in higher ranks.

This will lead to people making new shared accounts to play with friends, but it prevents stacks from ruling the leaderboard and makes the games slightly better. And don't forget that stacking and winning every single game makes the game less fun for new players you're going against, even if you're just doing it to play with friends.
  11. Brandis.

Yes
    But we gotta wait 4months for another patch
    Some of these changes should be relatively simple. But yes, probably even if it's a 1 number change in ELO it will take months to get.
  12. Brandis.

Opinion Poll

The problem is the execution, not the concept.

Ranked (in theory) means games are higher quality and the devs are able to balance the game better, which is good for any game.

The playerbase size could be called a problem, but as we've seen in pickups, even with 24 players and just 2 lobbies, splitting into a higher and lower tier lobbies means both are more fun for everyone involved.
  13. Brandis.

Assuming dodging will be fixed, there's still many issues. TLDR of my suggestions: Massively lower placement rewards; max placement should be Silver/Gold You should be a high rank because you play many games with a high winrate, not because you play a small amount of games with a high winrate...
  14. Brandis.

Ranked fix

TaleWorlds wants me to win 300+ games in a row with zero losses to get Conqueror.

Meanwhile rank #1 in captain has played 4 games.

This is not how ELO is supposed to work.
  15. Brandis.

Get rid of Clanstacking/Partying up in Ranked modes.

Yeah split would be a bad idea. Just limit it for higher ranks as in the other thread
  16. Brandis.

Get rid of Clanstacking/Partying up in Ranked modes.

Stacking is extremely strong and makes ranks arbitrary. (Along with a number of other debilitating factors.)

I did placements solo and went 6-4 and placed Gold 3.

I helped a friend do placements in a 4-stack and he went 8-2 (maybe 9-1) and placed in the second highest tier. I think that’s general?

If I want to catch up to him with +6 per game, I need to win almost 50 games in a row. As solo queue, that could be weeks or outright impossible due to diminishing gains and increasing losses due to how MMR works.
  17. Brandis.

e1.7.2 - Perk, Class and Weapon Changes

Getting leavers in warmup needs to be fixed. Too often you are forced to wait in warmup for 5 minutes, and I have yet to see a single leaver return. This also leads to people being AFK as they alt-tab to look at things other than timers.

The points (elo?) in each rank is too small, making 2-3 games enough to climb or lose ranks, which isn't enough variance reduction. For example, someone I've been running into is quite awful, but are the Sergeant rank because they went 10-3. (Checked their account again and they're Gold 3 with 11-5. So maybe it's adequate idk.)

it doesnt seem like theres any actual matchmaking taking place, as every single game is 3-0 or 0-3.

Still getting brand new players in most lobbies. Maybe it balances the teams so that there's equal unplaced players on both sides, but I had hoped ranked would at least make it less likely to see new players.

Maybe it's sorting itself out still but I hope games just don't take the first 12 to queue, and instead has a window that tries to make higher quality lobbies.
  18. Brandis.

e1.7.2 - Perk, Class and Weapon Changes

Duo queue max.

If someone leaves during warmup, it should be a 30-45 second max wait. Not 5 minutes.
  19. Brandis.

The approach to MP has failed, and what could be done to revive it

A problem with 'competitive' M&B is the high skill game modes are just frankly boring to watch. Watching two Duellists fight is interesting from a mechanics point of view; but its not really a game mode that produces much commentary or visual excitement. No one unfamiliar to M&B is going to enjoy viewing it.

On the other end - the lower skill modes Captains Mode / Battle - would actually be far more appealing to a viewer; as they can instantly connect with what is happening. However these modes just aren't inducive to a highly competitive format.
    6v6 ranked battle would be a lot of fun.
  20. Brandis.

The approach to MP has failed, and what could be done to revive it

It's amusing how the OP couldn't identify any of the actual problems MP has. Before anyone asks, all of them have been thoroughly discussed over the years, in threads that have long been buried in this forum section or in the archives somewhere.
    The problems -- which you can find an innumerable amount of threads and comments on, many of which are mine -- are evidence of systemic failure. Explaining to TW the specifics of why their game mechanics aren't appealing or fun has clearly not worked.

Something fundamental needs to change in TW's approach to MP.

There will never be a competitive scene with Bannerlord. It’s too far gone. A game that came out 3 years ago can’t have a competitive scene when it never did in the first place. Maybe a revival of a cult following that once was (I have no doubt NW competitive could return if it was attempted), but for a game that nobody or plays, it will be an uphill battle to get any traction going.
    You're probably right. However, games have made slow recoveries after awful launches. I stopped playing BL for around a year and was surprised to see there were still players in Captain/TDM. Outside of pickups, however, skirmish was very dead, at least in NA.

Competitive scenes either have to grow organically or have an obscene amount of dev money pumped into it. So the idea that a game needs to start out competitively to have a competitive scene isn't correct. Although I doubt Bannerlord comp will ever have much appeal.

M&B MP has always suffered from being attached to the SP experience. People who buy bannerlord are doing so for the SP; if they then happen to try MP they may become invested; but no new players are going to buy a £50 SP focussed game just for the MP.
    Agreed, this sums up a core part of my argument. We're still waiting for 1.7.2, which the (at the time) lead MP dev said was completed almost a month ago. (speculation disclaimer)
Back
Top Bottom